inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Let's Get Howard a Woman By '09 - FUN ADVICE THREAD

Written By: snozberries on 09/11/08 at 7:01 pm

Hey Howard,

Hope you don't mind but instead of spreading this stuff all over the board I thought I'd give you a place to tell those of us who are interested what's going on with you and Kamika...or whatever honey (except Robin) you care to dish about.

Here's my first piece of advise. 

I know she just wants to be friends and that's okay but try asking her out. Not for a date but ask her for a chat. Go somewhere, away from Pathmark and talk. 

Or you mentioned that she lives in Jamaica Town...ask her about it. And ask if she'd be willing to give you a tour and introduce you to the culture...maybe you could go out for lunch and get some Jerk Chicken....mmmmm jerk chicken  *frantically wiping drool off keyboard*   

Anyway.... keep us updated here.

Q

Subject: Re: Howard's Dating advice thread

Written By: Howard on 09/11/08 at 7:04 pm

Hey Howard,

Hope you don't mind but instead of spreading this stuff all over the board I thought I'd give you a place to tell those of us who are interested what's going on with you and Kamika...or whatever honey (except Robin) you care to dish about.

Here's my first piece of advise. 

I know she just wants to be friends and that's okay but try asking her out. Not for a date but ask her for a chat. Go somewhere, away from Pathmark and talk. 

Or you mentioned that she lives in Jamaica Town...ask her about it. And ask if she'd be willing to give you a tour and introduce you to the culture...maybe you could go out for lunch and get some Jerk Chicken....mmmmm jerk chicken  *frantically wiping drool off keyboard*   

Q

Thanks Snoz,I think this needs my own thread. ;D

As for Robin,She's history. >:(

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/08 at 8:19 pm

Howard's dating advice?

"Never beat off more than you can screw" :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/11/08 at 9:24 pm

Shall he play a game?

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3224/wargamesnp0.jpg

The only winning move is not to play.

Written By: snozberries on 09/12/08 at 12:25 am

Thanks Snoz,I think this needs my own thread. ;D

As for Robin,She's history. >:(

you're quite welcome!  and you got a karma from me for your last statement.  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/12/08 at 2:13 am

Here's my first piece of advise

Q
I had to do a double take and make sure of what I was reading up there ^  ::) 

Howard, I think you're a guy that, once bit by the Love Bug, you fall hard for chicks  http://bestsmileys.com/love2/14.gif
hopefully one day soon, you will meet "the right girl", or at least righter than the others.  anyways, my advice is don't try too hard, don't appear desperate. stay cool and be friendly. compliment your female interests on their looks, but don't overdo it & try to act interested in what they're saying to you.  you're gonna get another girlfriend Howard, I just know it  8)

Written By: Howard on 09/12/08 at 6:50 am

you're quite welcome!  and you got a karma from me for your last statement.  ;)

Thanks Snoz,It's been 7 months and I think I'm done being email friends which in a way is kind of stupid now cause All I do is wind up arguing after a while with her and we go back and forth like a tennis game. ::)

But what I want her to know is that I was the only guy in her life that ever loved her a lot but she'll never see it anymore,She won't believe it.I already know her dating life,Before me in 2003 she found 2 guys off of a dating site but only dated them for 2 weeks but broke up after that and that was it.She met me and we fell in love for 3 1/2 years but unfortunately money got in the way of our relationship and Her And I are now through,no more temporary breakups.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/08 at 6:54 am

Howard, I think you're a guy that, once bit by the Love Bug, you fall hard for chicks.
hopefully one day soon, you will meet "the right girl", or at least righter than the others.  anyways, my advice is don't try too hard, don't appear desperate. stay cool and be friendly. compliment your female interests on their looks, but don't overdo it & try to act interested in what they're saying to you.  you're gonna get another girlfriend Howard, I just know it.

Thanks Mike,I need all the encouragement I can get.Hopefully by next year Kamika And I will become a couple cause both of us got over a loss in our lives.
Her boyfriend abused her and my ex Robin broke up with me over the phone (the week of Valentine's Day,I'm sure you remember that).So maybe this is a good sign,It's like the saying goes some bad things happen in my life then all of a sudden some good things pop up.

I got to talk to my friend last night over the phone for almost 5 minutes and it was great so I'll keep talking to her on her break as a friend and right now nothing more than that cause I wouldn't want to scare her,if she's ready,she'll let me know,Her And I will discuss this matter in private.If she's ready for a boyfriend or If I'm ready for a girlfriend,so be it.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/12/08 at 9:22 am

Howard's dating advice?

"Never beat off more than you can screw" :D

;D ;D

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/13/08 at 7:03 pm

Tom Waits said it best."Better Off Without a Wife"
Kinda sucks having to do your own cookin & vacuuming !

Written By: Howard on 09/14/08 at 6:00 am

Kamika and I got to talk before work and before we got to put on our outfits.She was showing me her painted toenails and fingernails,they were very pretty.Then after that,She brought up her ex in conversation and I didn't mind so I'm guessing this will be my golden opportunity for her to think about being a couple cause I'll never let her down,I'll treat her so very nice and like a queen,That's how I love my women.So I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hopefully something good will come about maybe in the next couple of months or perhaps in 2009.  :)

Since she's getting over her ex and I got over my ex this will be both of our chances for love and hopefully It'll turn out for the best,I'm so excited. :)

I'm praying that she won't be another "Robin",Godforbid!    ::)

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/08 at 11:22 am

So now Howard's brought up Robin 3x....sorry guys :(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/14/08 at 2:33 pm

He's still getting over having his heart smashed to pieces and thrown in a dumpster.  It'll take a while.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/14/08 at 3:41 pm

He's still getting over having his heart smashed to pieces and thrown in a dumpster.  It'll take a while.

a long while..

Written By: Howard on 09/14/08 at 4:03 pm

Sorry Snoz,I didn't mean to do an association,I shouldn't compare. :(

Written By: Howard on 09/14/08 at 4:08 pm

I got to talk to my friend Kamika before she was getting ready for work and I put on the sexy charm by saying 'What's Up,Bootylicious"?
And then I said to her in her ear,"I'd like a taste of some chocolate",I kind of thought she would slap or punch me but she responded in kind by saying "I like doing it in the dark" or something of that matter,that's all I heard,I didn't hear the rest. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/14/08 at 4:36 pm

I got to talk to my friend Kamika before she was getting ready for work and I put on the sexy charm by saying 'What's Up,Bootylicious"?
And then I said to her in her ear,"I'd like a taste of some chocolate",I kind of thought she would slap or punch me but she responded in kind by saying "I like doing it in the dark" or something of that matter,that's all I heard,I didn't hear the rest. ;D

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/anniecatt/special%20days/Dumb.gif

Written By: Howard on 09/14/08 at 4:38 pm

Sorry Maybe I shouldn't have put on the sexy charm,is that why you're confused?  ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/14/08 at 4:39 pm

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c235/badfingermike/beavisbuttheadwtf.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/14/08 at 4:40 pm

http://bestsmileys.com/freak/1.gif

Written By: Howard on 09/14/08 at 4:41 pm

I know Mike that was a stupid thing for me to say to her. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/14/08 at 4:43 pm

I know Mike that was a stupid thing for me to say to her. ;D
you're lucky she didn't kick you in the huevos  ;D 

Written By: Dagwood on 09/14/08 at 4:44 pm

Yes it was a dumb thing to say, Howard.  She could file a sexual harassment complaint against you for that comment.  You need to be careful about how you talk at work.

Written By: Howard on 09/14/08 at 10:22 pm

you're lucky she didn't kick you in the huevos  ;D 

But after what I said,she told me something that made my pulse rate beat faster,I couldn't even believe what she told me,It was incredible. :o ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/14/08 at 10:22 pm

Yes it was a dumb thing to say, Howard.  She could file a sexual harassment complaint against you for that comment.  You need to be careful about how you talk at work.

I have to keep some comments to myself.

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/08 at 10:52 pm

You are very lucky she took it the way she did.  You could have maybe lost your job over something like that :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/15/08 at 12:30 am

if you're going to talk dirty to a female at work, you better be sure she's not gonna freak out and report your behavior to the boss. Also, just know that deep meaningful relationships like that take time.  ::)

...one more thing.  if you wanna look "mantastic" maybe you should get a wax hair removal like in the movie  http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/the-40-year-old-virgin-were-gonna-need-more-wax/uRHd_PkV_SkzWFh119H_RcWa6t_bTZWF

Written By: Howard on 09/15/08 at 5:57 am

if you're going to talk dirty to a female at work, you better be sure she's not gonna freak out and report your behavior to the boss. Also, just know that deep meaningful relationships like that take time.   ::)

...one more thing.  if you wanna look "mantastic" maybe you should get a wax hair removal like in the movie   http://video.aol.com/partner/hulu/the-40-year-old-virgin-were-gonna-need-more-wax/uRHd_PkV_SkzWFh119H_RcWa6t_bTZWF

Hey,I love my chest hair,There is no way I'm getting it waxed,I look like Tom Selleck. ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/15/08 at 5:58 am

You are very lucky she took it the way she did.  You could have maybe lost your job over something like that :o

After I said that,she told me something that made my pulse rate even faster. :o

Yeah,I could've lost my job,At least I took a risk. :(

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 09/15/08 at 3:37 pm

now you've done it snozzle...

Written By: Howard on 09/15/08 at 4:31 pm

So if one day in the near future let's say about a year or so,Her And I are BF/GF,How are we going to spend time with each other besides those breaks we have outside on the bench talking to each other? I mean,we do have to make plans and work around our days off.

Written By: whistledog on 09/15/08 at 6:31 pm

After I said that,she told me something that made my pulse rate even faster. :o

Yeah,I could've lost my job,At least I took a risk. :(

Having a job is more important than having a girl because you need money to get a girl

So if one day in the near future let's say about a year or so,Her And I are BF/GF,How are we going to spend time with each other besides those breaks we have outside on the bench talking to each other? I mean,we do have to make plans and work around our days off.

When you get into a relationship, you have to find time to make it work, otherwise both you and her will be miserable, and unhappy.  Does she work the same hours as you do?  PErhaps you guys can do things after work or on weekends?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/15/08 at 6:46 pm

whoa Nellie,  slow down there big fella  ;D  you gotta get the girlfriend first before you start worrying about that

Written By: Midas on 09/15/08 at 7:58 pm

This cracked me up. ;D  Even though you know B&B wouldn't have reacted that way.  BOI-OI-OI-OI-OING  :D

Although it was a risky thing to say at work to someone, luckily Kamika's reaction didn't head in that direction and she seemed to play into it per Howard's post.

Howard, when the time is right for you, I say ask her out.  Make it something simple like coffee or meet for lunch.  From what you say it seems like she likes you as a friend at the very least and probably wouldn't be opposed to hanging out with you outside of work.  :)  If she says 'no' at first, don't sweat it.  Maybe there's a better time for it down the road.

I think it's very cool that you're having fun at work with this girl.  Like the others said, be careful of what you say there. ;)

Having a job is more important than having a girl because you need money to get a girl

I think most will agree with the first part, but I don't agree with the second.  I've been able to score dates when I've been broke and/or unemployed.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/15/08 at 8:11 pm

This cracked me up. ;D  Even though you know B&B wouldn't have reacted that way.  BOI-OI-OI-OI-OING   :D

their expressions crack me up too, and Beavis and Butthead would probably have egged Howard on more

Written By: Howard on 09/15/08 at 10:13 pm

When you get into a relationship, you have to find time to make it work, otherwise both you and her will be miserable, and unhappy.  Does she work the same hours as you do?  Perhaps you guys can do things after work or on weekends?

Well,She works during the week except for her day off (whenever that is) from 1pm-9pm or 130pm-930pm and no she doesn't work the same hours as I do,unfortunately.After work would be too late,maybe on her break I could get her something to eat or something she needs at the Candy Shop.And as for the weekends,can't do that either,she works on the weekends too plus I'm usually 10-4 on Sundays and she works until 9 or 930 Sundays so that's not good.

Written By: Howard on 09/15/08 at 10:16 pm

Howard, when the time is right for you, I say ask her out.  Make it something simple like coffee or meet for lunch.  From what you say it seems like she likes you as a friend at the very least and probably wouldn't be opposed to hanging out with you outside of work.  :)  If she says 'no' at first, don't sweat it.  Maybe there's a better time for it down the road.

Thanks,What I'm trying to do is to build up the friendship for hopefully something more,It just takes time and patience

Written By: Howard on 09/18/08 at 7:11 pm

What I was suggesting to Kamika today on her break was I go to Popeye's Chicken And Buscuits and get us something for the both of us,She'll let me know what she wants and I get it for the both of us for either lunch or dinner and we'd have it on her break in the break room in Pathmark but then she tells me after that she's on a diet and she doesn't eat Popeye's that much anymore.Now what I could do?  :( ???

Written By: karen on 09/18/08 at 7:13 pm

What I was suggesting to Kamika today on her break was I go to Popeye's Chicken And Buscuits and get us something for the both of us,She'll let me know what she wants and I get it for the both of us for either lunch or dinner and we'd have it on her break in the break room in Pathmark but then she tells me after that she's on a diet and she doesn't eat Popeye's that much anymore.Now what I could do?  :( ???

What other food places are nearby?  You often mention eating Subway, is there one of those close to Pathmark?

Written By: Howard on 09/18/08 at 7:15 pm

What other food places are nearby?  You often mention eating Subway, is there one of those close to Pathmark?

Subway,It's a bus ride away but around the area there's Pizza,Dunkin Donuts,Burger King or we could eat in Pathmark they have a lot of good food anyway.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/18/08 at 9:43 pm

Take her to da Zoo  ::) 

Written By: Howard on 09/19/08 at 6:47 am

Take her to da Zoo  ::) 

You must be joking,Mike? ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/19/08 at 6:53 am

Since our hours and days off don't match,Her And I might have to work around it.So I was thinking of maybe bringing in Popeye's or possibly Subway (since she's on a diet) for the both of us and bringing the food into the small break room for a little lunch or dinner.Maybe she's cutting down on all that Jamaican spicy curry food with all that salt (i.e.beef patties,oxtail,goat),that food can pack on the pounds,plus with all that smoking she does,It's not good for her physical or mental health,maybe she has to cut down on that too.I'm trying to ask her for lunch or dinner,It's difficult at this time. :(

Smoking and trying to lose weight doesn't work,smoking only causes you to gain weight,maybe that's why her ex-boyfriend abused her but I wouldn't know the case so I'll just leave well enough alone.
Maybe in the future,there could be a time or a moment where she might need me to help her to stop smoking altogether for motivation,it's going to be difficult but I would like to help her,if she wants it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/19/08 at 11:09 am

You must be joking,Mike? ::)
yeah, I was just joking  :) 

are you close to any good hot dog joints? take her to Nathans for a dog  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/19/08 at 7:02 pm

yeah, I was just joking  :)   

are you close to any good hot dog joints? take her to Nathans for a dog  :)

Nathans is kind of a long walk from Pathmark.From what Her And I talk about,She's on a seafood diet and she smokes cigarettes,How the 'F" could one person smoke and be on a diet for crying out loud! ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/19/08 at 7:10 pm

I don't understand women,You offer your help to them and they snub you.Now,she's telling me that she hasn't had Subway in a long time and she's on a seafood diet and she smokes cigarettes,She's going to put herself in a early grave.Then I ask her If she wants anything from the store like candy,cigarettes,a phone card,emotional support then she said "No,I'm Good"All I want to do is "work,work,work and make the money".She doesn't know if she'll ever be ready for a relationship again.Man,I feel so upset and angry that I tried to give some suggestions to her and she snubs it.I think I should just leave her alone at the moment until things pass,hopefully she'll come around. :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/19/08 at 7:20 pm

Nathans is kind of a long walk from Pathmark.From what Her And I talk about,She's on a seafood diet and she smokes cigarettes,How the 'F" could one person smoke and be on a diet for crying out loud! ::)
;D  you cracked me up.... 
maybe she can get the best of both worlds and just have some smoked fish

I don't understand women,You offer your help to them and they snub you.Now,she's telling me that she hasn't had Subway in a long time and she's on a seafood diet and she smokes cigarettes,She's going to put herself in a early grave.Then I ask her If she wants anything from the store like candy,cigarettes,a phone card,emotional support then she said "No,I'm Good"All I want to do is "work,work,work and make the money".She doesn't know if she'll ever be ready for a relationship again.Man,I feel so upset and angry that I tried to give some suggestions to her and she snubs it.I think I should just leave her alone at the moment until things pass,hopefully she'll come around. :(
at this point you probably should just be cool and give her her space and some distance.  don't sweat it. you'll meet someone soon enogh that wants to connect with you, and then you won't even have to try so hard. don't be mad at her Howard. just put on a smile and move on and accept it. I'll give you some karma if that helps any.  8)

Written By: karen on 09/19/08 at 9:16 pm

I'm on a seafood diet.

I see food and I eat it  :D

Written By: Howard on 09/19/08 at 10:17 pm

at this point you probably should just be cool and give her her space and some distance.  don't sweat it. you'll meet someone soon enough that wants to connect with you, and then you won't even have to try so hard. don't be mad at her Howard. just put on a smile and move on and accept it. I'll give you some karma if that helps any. 8)

Thanks Mike,I don't know what I do wrong sometimes,I'm a caring soul and I would like to help her but it seems like she doesn't want it at this time,What I'll do is to talk to her and be her friend on her breaks.Maybe things will pass and she'll come around.We both suffered breakups in our previous relationships so there it is,It's staring us right in the face but she doesn't see it.

Maybe I pressured her way too much within these past couple of months,I'll give her the space she needs and let time be our story.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/19/08 at 11:25 pm

Thanks Mike,I don't know what I do wrong sometimes,I'm a caring soul and I would like to help her but it seems like she doesn't want it at this time,What I'll do is to talk to her and be her friend on her breaks.Maybe things will pass and she'll come around.We both suffered breakups in our previous relationships so there it is,It's staring us right in the face but she doesn't see it.

Maybe I pressured her way too much within these past couple of months,I'll give her the space she needs and let time be our story.

Or maybe it isn't you.  Maybe she just isn't interested in you that way.  I doubt it is anything you did, but if you keep trying to push her into a relationship then you might just push her away and not even have her as a friend.

Be patient and the right girl will come along. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/20/08 at 1:19 am

it's in her face but maybe like Dagwood said,, she isn't into you like that. another thing is if she's been in a abusive relationship, it may be way too soon for her to get into another guy, and even though you're nice and got money and eager, she may not want to get involved for awhile. be glad you're friends, and start thinking about meeting other girls as the opportunities arise. don't let yourself get hungup again on some chick that doesn't want what you want. keep searching Howard. your girl is out there, you just haven't found her yet.  8)

Written By: Howard on 09/20/08 at 6:59 am

Or maybe it isn't you.  Maybe she just isn't interested in you that way.  I doubt it is anything you did, but if you keep trying to push her into a relationship then you might just push her away and not even have her as a friend.

Be patient and the right girl will come along. :)

Thanks Dag,Having a friend is better than nothing at all but I'll keep searching and hopefully somebody will come along. :)

I don't want to push any girl into doing anything they don't want to do. :(

Written By: Howard on 09/20/08 at 7:04 am

it's in her face but maybe like Dagwood said,, she isn't into you like that. another thing is if she's been in a abusive relationship, it may be way too soon for her to get into another guy, and even though you're nice and got money and eager, she may not want to get involved for awhile. be glad you're friends, and start thinking about meeting other girls as the opportunities arise. don't let yourself get hungup again on some chick that doesn't want what you want. keep searching Howard. your girl is out there, you just haven't found her yet.  8)

Thanks Mike,Maybe I push women into doing things they don't want to do.Kamika has now already seen the niceness and generousity in me so she knows I'm a nice and pleasant guy to hang around with. :)

I'll keep searching for the right woman and I know what type of women I want. ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/20/08 at 9:25 pm

I think what I'll do is to just let her be and right now be her friend,Maybe she doesn't want all those ties and commitments at the moment.If I push her,she might get scared and she would feel angry.Some women just want to make money and live for themselves without guys to hold them down but I always wondered if guys felt the same way? ???

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/08 at 5:24 pm

Hey Howard.

You ever been by a hospital and see all the "health care workers" standing outside of it smoking? 
Its an addiction and has nothing to do with Kamika being on a diet.
She wants to lose weight not get healthy.
Or she, maybe doesn't need to lose weight but feels like she has to lose weight because she's a girl
and that's what girls are forced to think they need to do in this society.

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/08 at 5:29 pm

BTW you keep saying Kamika was in an abusive relationship.

Remember that part of being abused is being smothered by the boyfriend and being constantly harassed by him.

Do Kamika....and yourself a favor and back off for a day or two.

Give her space.

If you keep seeking her out every day...at every break... she may be afraid that you're the smothering type too.

We know you're a nice guy and want to be friends but part of being a nice guy is recognizing when someone needs time to themselves.

Next time you see her say "hi" as you pass but don't loiter. If she wants to talk she'll come to you

After a couple of days then you can seek her out on a break and talk. But then give her a couple days off again.

I'm not Kamika but it would start annoy me if you were there every day - every time I went for a cigarette

but if you were only there sometimes then I'd have time to miss you and be happy to see you again.

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/08 at 5:32 pm

oh yeah.... and stop asking her to lunch Howard....we told you you need to go out for coffee first!

but, if you have to go to lunch, instead of offering her every restaurant under the sun... tell her "Hey Kamika, I was thinking about getting some lunch but don't know what I want. You know any place good around here?" then offer to pick something up for her while you're there..... but AFTER YOU GIVE HER SPACE!

Written By: Howard on 09/22/08 at 6:03 am

BTW you keep saying Kamika was in an abusive relationship.

Remember that part of being abused is being smothered by the boyfriend and being constantly harassed by him.

Do Kamika....and yourself a favor and back off for a day or two.

Give her space.

If you keep seeking her out every day...at every break... she may be afraid that you're the smothering type too.

We know you're a nice guy and want to be friends but part of being a nice guy is recognizing when someone needs time to themselves.

Next time you see her say "hi" as you pass but don't loiter. If she wants to talk she'll come to you

After a couple of days then you can seek her out on a break and talk. But then give her a couple days off again.

I'm not Kamika but it would start annoy me if you were there every day - every time I went for a cigarette

but if you were only there sometimes then I'd have time to miss you and be happy to see you again.

Thanks Snoz,I beleive I was too forward and pushed her too fast,I'll back off and give her space.

Written By: Howard on 09/22/08 at 6:04 am

oh yeah.... and stop asking her to lunch Howard....we told you you need to go out for coffee first!

but, if you have to go to lunch, instead of offering her every restaurant under the sun... tell her "Hey Kamika, I was thinking about getting some lunch but don't know what I want. You know any place good around here?" then offer to pick something up for her while you're there..... but AFTER YOU GIVE HER SPACE!

Right,asking her for lunch is almost like a date,sort of.Asking her for coffee is much better.

Written By: Howard on 09/22/08 at 6:06 am

Hey Howard.

You ever been by a hospital and see all the "health care workers" standing outside of it smoking?   
Its an addiction and has nothing to do with Kamika being on a diet.
She wants to lose weight not get healthy.
Or she, maybe doesn't need to lose weight but feels like she has to lose weight because she's a girl
and that's what girls are forced to think they need to do in this society.

But she's on a seafood diet and she smokes,obviously she's lying to herself.That could lead to more obesity. ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/22/08 at 8:45 am

But she's on a seafood diet and she smokes,obviously she's lying to herself.That could lead to more obesity. ::)

Smoking doesn't lead to obesity, Howard.  How is she lying to herself?

Written By: Howard on 09/22/08 at 4:37 pm

Smoking doesn't lead to obesity, Howard.  How is she lying to herself?

But all that nicotine,the blackened lungs,yellow teeth,smelly breath. 8-P

My friend tells me that Kamika's diet consists of Chinese Food with vegetables,I don't know if you could have a diet of just chinese food but I'd like to know maybe by tomorrow what kind of seafood she eats.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/22/08 at 5:03 pm

I thought you weren't going to be as obsessive with her...

If you just put this much concentration into finding a girl that is ready to date and/or hang out as a friend, it'd be alot better for you in the long run.  Trust me on that one.  I really really think you are setting yourself up to be disappointed again.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/22/08 at 5:23 pm

But all that nicotine,the blackened lungs,yellow teeth,smelly breath. 8-P

My friend tells me that Kamika's diet consists of Chinese Food with vegetables,I don't know if you could have a diet of just chinese food but I'd like to know maybe by tomorrow what kind of seafood she eats.

If smoking is a turn off to you then she isn't the one for you.   I would say quit trying to get with her and find someone else.  I don't mean this to sound rude, but she deserves someone who doesn't get offended by her habits.  Whatever you do, don't tell her to her face that it bugs you.  Remember how it made you feel when Robin would do that to you.  It will make her feel the same way and alienate her. 

Written By: Howard on 09/23/08 at 6:57 am

I thought you weren't going to be as obsessive with her...

If you just put this much concentration into finding a girl that is ready to date and/or hang out as a friend, it'd be alot better for you in the long run.  Trust me on that one.  I really really think you are setting yourself up to be disappointed again.

Well I like talking to her,maybe she isn't ready to date right now,she just wants to work and make money.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/08 at 7:02 am

If smoking is a turn off to you then she isn't the one for you.   I would say quit trying to get with her and find someone else.  I don't mean this to sound rude, but she deserves someone who doesn't get offended by her habits.  Whatever you do, don't tell her to her face that it bugs you.  Remember how it made you feel when Robin would do that to you.   It will make her feel the same way and alienate her. 

I don't know what I want,I do like talking to her and stuff. I'm sorry for complaining so much about the type of girl I want to talk to.It could be that I was a little forward and way too fast to ask her out on a date,I should be taking it slow and enjoy her company.

Written By: gibbo on 09/23/08 at 7:04 am

If smoking is a turn off to you then she isn't the one for you.   I would say quit trying to get with her and find someone else.  I don't mean this to sound rude, but she deserves someone who doesn't get offended by her habits.  Whatever you do, don't tell her to her face that it bugs you.  Remember how it made you feel when  would do that to you.   It will make her feel the same way and alienate her. 

Ooowaa....she said the R word!!!  :o

Written By: Howard on 09/23/08 at 7:08 am

Rude? Remember? ???

Written By: gibbo on 09/23/08 at 7:19 am

Rude? Remember? ???

No.... Robin. I accidentally deleted her name from the reply post instead of highlighting it.  Doh!!! :-[

Written By: Dagwood on 09/23/08 at 9:46 am

I should be taking it slow and enjoy her company.

This is exactly what you need to do.  Be friends with her.  If something is meant to happen it will, if not then you have a good friend.  Don't try to push her into anything you may end up chasing her away.

I know, I'm sorry.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/23/08 at 9:49 am

No.... Robin. I accidentally deleted her name from the reply post instead of highlighting it.  Doh!!! :-[

OMG,please don't say her name anymore. :o 8-P

Written By: Howard on 09/23/08 at 9:51 am

This is exactly what you need to do.  Be friends with her.  If something is meant to happen it will, if not then you have a good friend.  Don't try to push her into anything you may end up chasing her away.

Sometimes I forget about friendship with women come first,don't want to rush into anything just yet or I'll end up making her anxious. :(

Written By: Midas on 09/24/08 at 9:34 am

Where's Chuck Woolery when you need him?

http://multimedia.premierespeakers.com/speaker/web/923.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/24/08 at 9:48 am

Where's Chuck Woolery when you need him?

http://multimedia.premierespeakers.com/speaker/web/923.jpg

I would never go on the Love Connection.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/08 at 7:10 pm

I've decided I'm going to try to move on from her and just be friends with Kamika inside Pathmark and outside for her break when we chat with each other for a few minutes.I got to talk with her again and from what I've learned about Kamika(the impression),she seems a little boring on some occasions.We just don't have the same hours at work or the same goals except for the part that we like to work and make money.She likes to drink Margaritas sometimes and party till she can't talk straight with some laughing.She comes home from work and is home at about 1am,cleans,takes a shower and makes a pot of food then goes straight to bed when she gets tired.Plus she never told me that she has a small daughter to take care of,And also she doesn't seem to laugh at most of my jokes,(very stiff emotions). :(

But you know something she owes me lunch or dinner cause a few weeks ago I was nice enough with the niceness of my heart I bought her a pack of cigarettes and a box of hot chocolate just thought she'd acknowledge this.

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/08 at 7:14 pm

I've decided I'm going to try to move on from her and just be friends with Kamika inside Pathmark and outside for her break when we chat with each other for a few minutes.I got to talk with her again and from what I've learned about Kamika(the impression),she seems a little boring on some occasions.We just don't have the same hours at work or the same goals except for the part that we like to work and make money.She likes to drink Margaritas sometimes and party till she can't talk straight with some laughing.She comes home from work and is home at about 1am,cleans,takes a shower and makes a pot of food then goes straight to bed when she gets tired.Plus she never told me that she has a small daughter to take care of,And also she doesn't seem to laugh at most of my jokes,(very stiff emotions). :(

Good Idea Howard. 

But you know something she owes me lunch or dinner cause a few weeks ago I was nice enough with the niceness of my heart I bought her a pack of cigarettes and a box of hot chocolate just thought she'd acknowledge this.

She probably thought it was a gift since you kept offering to get her lunch. Forget about it and move on. It's a small price to pay.

Written By: Howard on 09/24/08 at 10:20 pm

She probably thought it was a gift since you kept offering to get her lunch. Forget about it and move on. It's a small price to pay.

I bought her cigarettes because I overheard her saying to someone that she needed cigarettes so I asked her and she said No so I insisted and later she gave me a hug and kiss.
I bought her a box of hot chocolate because I thought I smothered her and never gave her the space she needed so I handed it to her and she gave me a hug and kiss.

For a girl that comes home around 1am from work,cleans apartment at 2am,showers(or sometimes not),makes a pot of food then goes to sleep later doesn't seem to have much of a life,IMO and I also thought she was the only child,I never knew she had a daughter,Wow so much for that.

Written By: snozberries on 09/24/08 at 10:31 pm

I bought her cigarettes because I overheard her saying to someone that she needed cigarettes so I asked her and she said No so I insisted and later she gave me a hug and kiss.
I bought her a box of hot chocolate because I thought I smothered her and never gave her the space she needed so I handed it to her and she gave me a hug and kiss.

Howard if you bought these things when she didn't specifically ask you to buy them or ask if she could borrow money to buy them then she owes you nothing. You made the decision to spend the money on her and you can't expect her to pay you back for something she never asked for in the first place.

Next time you fall for a girl don't try so hard and keep the money in the pocket until you actually go out.... together.

For a girl that comes home around 1am from work,cleans apartment at 2am,showers(or sometimes not),makes a pot of food then goes to sleep later doesn't seem to have much of a life,IMO and I also thought she was the only child,I never knew she had a daughter,Wow so much for that.

being an only child and having a child are two different things.  She may go out and party (you alluded to this earlier) but maybe she's made arrangements for the kid so you can't judge her for that. Different people respond to their responsibilities differently and until you know the whole situation...which you obviously don't... you should judge especially since you only know part of the story.

Written By: Trimac20 on 09/25/08 at 3:29 am

Hi Howie, I've been reading your thread with some interest, and I hope you find happiness with this person and at least strike up a friendship. Like you, I'm a baby when it comes to romance - I don't know about this girl, or whether she's the type to make the first move, but I agree with the others don't 'smother' her too much and go easy on the gifts; a thoughtful gift she might have some use for (or that won't kill her  :D just joking). Keep your options open buddy, New York City is a huge place surely you can find love somewhere. Try living where I live...

Written By: Howard on 09/25/08 at 6:09 am

Next time you fall for a girl don't try so hard and keep the money in the pocket until you actually go out.... together.

Yeah,spending money on a girl even when they don't want you/tell you to not spend money on them isn't right,It's best to wait till the girl and I go out together.

Written By: Howard on 09/25/08 at 6:10 am

Hi Howie, I've been reading your thread with some interest, and I hope you find happiness with this person and at least strike up a friendship. Like you, I'm a baby when it comes to romance - I don't know about this girl, or whether she's the type to make the first move, but I agree with the others don't 'smother' her too much and go easy on the gifts; a thoughtful gift she might have some use for (or that won't kill her  :D just joking). Keep your options open buddy, New York City is a huge place surely you can find love somewhere. Try living where I live...

Thanks Trimac.  :)

Written By: Trimac20 on 09/26/08 at 9:22 am

Thanks Trimac.  :)

No problem Howard  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/26/08 at 3:24 pm

I've decided I'm going to search for more women,dating a woman who has a child turns me off.I never knew that Kamika had a small daughter,I thought she was an only child who got over an abusive relationship with a guy and I kind of assumed I'd be her saviour.Oh Well,there's more fish in the sea.

I just can't deal with it,What if they want me to father the child,I barely have enough money of my own to get by.

Written By: snozberries on 09/26/08 at 5:02 pm

I've decided I'm going to search for more women,dating a woman who has a child turns me off.I never knew that Kamika had a small daughter,I thought she was an only child who got over an abusive relationship with a guy and I kind of assumed I'd be her saviour.Oh Well,there's more fish in the sea.

I just can't deal with it,What if they want me to father the child,I barely have enough money of my own to get by.

You keep saying you thought she was an only child as if have a kid of her own changes this in some way. Shocking but true...some moms are also only children  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/27/08 at 12:17 am

I've decided I'm going to search for more women, dating a woman who has a child turns me off.

Karma for getting it.  Unless he wants to pay child support (whether he wants to marry her or not), no single male should ever date a single mother. 

Relax, ladies.  I'm harmless.  I don't date anyone, but that's because I'm a jerk with poor social skills.  But as ignorant as I am of social mores...

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ackbar.jpg

...my patron saint knows a TRAP when he sees one.

In defense of this Kamika individual, I don't think she did anything to entrap Howard.  I think Howard's (sorry to talk about you in the third person, dude) imagination got the best of him.  He imagined a relationship where none existed.  He then hung around his desired female hoping that she'd see his qualifications as a mate, and the rest would be history.  Kamika, puzzled by the attention, accidentally let slip that she was a single mom.  Nothing wrong with admitting you're a single mom to your friend and co-worker, after all.  Nothing wrong with not mentioning it either, since from her perspective, there was absolutely nothing sexual going on.  No sexual harassment suits filed?  Good.  No friendships destroyed?  Good.  No child support liabilities unwittingly incurred?  Check.  Our friend Howard comes out on top for this month's round and lives to fight another day.

If I were into dating, I'd continue to hang out with my friend and co-worker, (and my other friends and other co-workers) and eventually find out if any of 'em have friends who are looking for a date for some event or other. 

But the Admiral's tapping me on the shoulder, however, and suggests that I remind the board that given my track record (I'm proudly batting an undefined average this decade -- zero swings, zero hits, zero misses, you see what your calculator gives you when you divide zero by zero! ) anyone following romantic advice from me deserves what they get. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/27/08 at 6:38 am

You keep saying you thought she was an only child as if have a kid of her own changes this in some way. Shocking but true...some moms are also only children  ;D

No I thought she was an only child that didn't have a little daughter,I'm assuming maybe her ex got her pregnant or could be that she adopted it. ???

Written By: Howard on 09/27/08 at 6:42 am

Karma for getting it.  Unless he wants to pay child support (whether he wants to marry her or not), no single male should ever date a single mother. 

Relax, ladies.  I'm harmless.  I don't date anyone, but that's because I'm a jerk with poor social skills.  But as ignorant as I am of social mores...

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ackbar.jpg

...my patron saint knows a TRAP when he sees one.

In defense of this Kamika individual, I don't think she did anything to entrap Howard.  I think Howard's (sorry to talk about you in the third person, dude) imagination got the best of him.  He imagined a relationship where none existed.  He then hung around his desired female hoping that she'd see his qualifications as a mate, and the rest would be history.  Kamika, puzzled by the attention, accidentally let slip that she was a single mom.  Nothing wrong with admitting you're a single mom to your friend and co-worker, after all.  Nothing wrong with not mentioning it either, since from her perspective, there was absolutely nothing sexual going on.  No sexual harassment suits filed?  Good.  No friendships destroyed?  Good.  No child support liabilities unwittingly incurred?  Check.  Our friend Howard comes out on top for this month's round and lives to fight another day.

If I were into dating, I'd continue to hang out with my friend and co-worker, (and my other friends and other co-workers) and eventually find out if any of 'em have friends who are looking for a date for some event or other. 

But the Admiral's tapping me on the shoulder, however, and suggests that I remind the board that given my track record (I'm proudly batting an undefined average this decade -- zero swings, zero hits, zero misses, you see what your calculator gives you when you divide zero by zero! ) anyone following romantic advice from me deserves what they get. :)

Thanks Foo you read me like a book. ;D ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/27/08 at 7:25 am

No I thought she was an only child that didn't have a little daughter,I'm assuming maybe her ex got her pregnant or could be that she adopted it. ???

Ok, Howard, listen.  Snoz has tried to explain it to you twice now, but you don't seem to understand.  I'll give a try and see if I can get through.

When you refer to Kamika as an only child, you are using the terminology wrong.  They way that you mean it is that you didn't know she had a kid, you thought she was childless.  If she were an only child (which she may be or may not be) that ONLY refers to whether Kamika has any brothers or sisters...not children.  So...um...drop the "only child" part when you mean that you didn't know she had a child of her own. 
I know you'll probably ignore this too, but hey at least I can say I tried.  :-X

Written By: snozberries on 09/27/08 at 12:27 pm

Ok, Howard, listen.  Snoz has tried to explain it to you twice now, but you don't seem to understand.  I'll give a try and see if I can get through.

When you refer to Kamika as an only child, you are using the terminology wrong.  They way that you mean it is that you didn't know she had a kid, you thought she was childless.  If she were an only child (which she may be or may not be) that ONLY refers to whether Kamika has any brothers or sisters...not children.  So...um...drop the "only child" part when you mean that you didn't know she had a child of her own. 
I know you'll probably ignore this too, but hey at least I can say I tried.   :-X

thanks for trying. Sometimes I find myself going around in circles with Howard and I want to get off the merry go round but my compulsion to help people won't let me.  ::)

Written By: statsqueen on 09/27/08 at 7:57 pm

I think you both did a brilliant job trying to explain the difference.

Speaking as a single mom, I don't think Kamika was in the wrong.  If I'm just chatting with a guy, I don't feel any compulsion to tell him I'm a single mom.  However, if someone asked me out who didn't already know that I am, I would certainly mention it up front in case it changed his mind about wanting to date me.  I wouldn't want to date anyone who couldn't accept my child (which is probaby why I didn't date much while Micah was growing up)....if they were so afraid I would start asking them to support my child that they couldn't even date me, then I don't want to waste time with them (plus I would never do that anyway).

I also agree with those who said she probably isn't ready to get into another relationship, especially after an abusive one.  I dated a guy briefly and not again after he hit me at Michigan Adventure (in front of a security guard and a bunch of people).  It made me very skittish and took a LONG time to want to try and date again.

Just my two cents  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/27/08 at 10:04 pm

Thanks guys for all your help so now I guess it's up to me to find a new girl to chat with. ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/27/08 at 10:07 pm

I know you'll probably ignore this too, but hey at least I can say I tried.

No BM,I understand what you said.Some women don't want to reveal something so personal until later in the conversation and now that I know about this,I'll move on.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/03/08 at 4:46 pm

Yay!  Thanks Snoz :D

Howard!  Get a theonion.com personal site!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/08 at 5:00 pm

Yay!  Thanks Snoz :D

Howard!  Get a theonion.com personal site!  :D

what kind of women will he pick up at theonion.com?  I'm a little scared howard

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/03/08 at 5:14 pm

Most of the ladies on theonion.com are intelligent and attractive...maybe a bit young for Howard but there are some older girls too.

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/08 at 5:16 pm

Most of the ladies on theonion.com are intelligent and attractive...maybe a bit young for Howard but there are some older girls too.

Sounds like Howard's type....of course breathing is also Howard's type  ;D 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/03/08 at 5:17 pm

Well, some of them might be open to a Howard in their lives :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/08 at 5:18 pm

One can only hope!

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 6:59 pm

I need a girl about my age or just a little younger.Robin's gone out of my life,Kamika just wasn't for me so it's up to me to find the right person.I'm tired of coming home after work,when I had a girlfriend I went back to her house to watch a movie and had some intimacy then I left her house to catch a bus to be home at around 9pm.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:00 pm

I never claimed to be "hot",maybe handsome but not hot. ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:00 pm

Are they cute? ???

Written By: snozberries on 12/03/08 at 7:23 pm

Are they cute? ???

go check em out Howard and then come back here and let us know.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:24 pm

go check em out Howard and then come back here and let us know.

Ok I sure will little later.

Written By: La Roche on 12/03/08 at 7:44 pm

I need a girl about my age or just a little younger.Robin's gone out of my life,Kamika just wasn't for me so it's up to me to find the right person.I'm tired of coming home after work,when I had a girlfriend I went back to her house to watch a movie and had some intimacy then I left her house to catch a bus to be home at around 9pm.

Just do what I do.

Look forlorn around the produce section and claim you don't know the difference between two obviously different things. They'll either think you're an idiot and keep going (which let's face it, is their loss) or they'll take pity.. then you strike, pity is your friend!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/03/08 at 7:54 pm

Are they cute? ???

I think since they're attractive they are cute by default :)

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 6:53 am

Just do what I do.

Look forlorn around the produce section and claim you don't know the difference between two obviously different things. They'll either think you're an idiot and keep going (which let's face it, is their loss) or they'll take pity.. then you strike, pity is your friend!

I work outside,not inside.

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 6:54 am

I think since they're attractive they are cute by default :)

I didn't see one hot woman there.

Written By: karen on 12/04/08 at 7:47 am

I work outside,not inside.

Do it when you are doing your shopping

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/04/08 at 8:24 am

That's strange.  Maybe you should look more.

Written By: karen on 12/04/08 at 9:01 am

Perhaps you should set your sights a bit lower?  I just looked and I saw one scarey looking lady but the rest went from fine to wow!

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 6:04 pm

I saw the 9 yr old boy who wrote the book on How to Date Gilrs... pretty sound advice in this book like

comb your hair and don't wear sweats
don't date more than one girl at a time

and (my personal favorite) if the girl isn't in to you...get over it and MOVE ON!    ;D  Good advice

maybe we should get this book for Howard.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/04/08 at 6:25 pm

I saw the 9 yr old boy who wrote the book on How to Date Gilrs... pretty sound advice in this book like

comb your hair and don't wear sweats
don't date more than one girl at a time

and (my personal favorite) if the girl isn't in to you...get over it and MOVE ON!    ;D  Good advice

maybe we should get this book for Howard.

I saw that book on The View.  The boy knows what he is talking about, that's for sure.

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 6:32 pm

I saw that book on The View.  The boy knows what he is talking about, that's for sure.

I saw it on the View and then forgot about it... but listening to the kid on the Today show...he's pretty smart.

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 7:04 pm

Do it when you are doing your shopping

I guess I could it before my shift but I'm afraid I might get slapped in the face.You have some hot women there but I don't know if they want a guy like me. :(

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 7:22 pm

I guess I could it before my shift but I'm afraid I might get slapped in the face.You have some hot women there but I don't know if they want a guy like me. :(

no no no don't try to pick up women where you work could be in for a complaint... even if you're off duty because they might recognize you later...

on your day off go to a grocery store...any other grocery but the store you work at and do that looking confused thing... it might work... I wouldn't fall for it but I'm not one of those women  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 7:28 pm

no no no don't try to pick up women where you work could be in for a complaint... even if you're off duty because they might recognize you later...

So what should I do?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 7:29 pm

So what should I do?  ???

you read the rest of my post  ::)

on your day off go to a grocery store...any other grocery but the store you work at and do that looking confused thing... it might work... I wouldn't fall for it but I'm not one of those women  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 7:30 pm

you read the rest of my post  ::)

I don't want to go to a grocery store!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 7:32 pm

that's where the women are... you could go to a shoe store or a clothing store but they'd look at you funny if you looked confused trying to decide what to buy...

they would think you were buying for a girlfriend or yourself  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 7:36 pm

that's where the women are... you could go to a shoe store or a clothing store but they'd look at you funny if you looked confused trying to decide what to buy...

they would think you were buying for a girlfriend or yourself  ;D

How about Victoria's Secret?  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 7:40 pm

How about Victoria's Secret?  ;)

yes yes and when they ask if  you are shopping for your girlfriend or for yourself you can say no I'm shopping for my mother...
because that's not weird  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/08 at 8:39 pm

yes yes and when they ask if  you are shopping for your girlfriend or for yourself you can say no I'm shopping for my mother...

hahahaa ;D ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/04/08 at 9:39 pm

He should tell her that he's sizing her up for something more comfortable :D :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 9:42 pm

He should tell her that he's sizing her up for something more comfortable :D :D

okay that's good!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/04/08 at 9:44 pm

okay that's good!

She'll either laugh or mace him :P

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 11:12 pm

She'll either laugh or mace him :P

or mace him then laugh  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/05/08 at 6:57 am

or just wander through the store feeling up bras and panties. ;D

Written By: Midas on 12/05/08 at 9:02 am

or just wander through the store feeling up bras and panties. ;D

Because that's not weird neither  ::)

Dude, the grocery store is a great place to meet women.  I think you're worrying about coming up with a clever line.  Try something simple, like "Hi."  :D  Srsly though, I used to do that all the time when attractive women made eye contact with me in the grocery store back in my bachelor days - 100% of the time I got a "hi" and a nice smile back, and about half the time I'd catch them checking me out as I walked past them in the aisle.  8)

Written By: karen on 12/05/08 at 12:33 pm

In the Uk several supermarkets have organised Singles Nights

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1998/valentine/55963.stm

Written By: Howard on 12/05/08 at 3:06 pm

Dude, the grocery store is a great place to meet women.  I think you're worrying about coming up with a clever line. 

I'm just afraid I'll get dirty looks or stares,women in Pathmark whether it be co-workers or customers,they look at guys like us and they walk with their heads down or something like that or probably just yammering on their cell phone. ::)

Written By: Midas on 12/05/08 at 3:11 pm

I'm just afraid I'll get dirty looks or stares,women in Pathmark whether it be co-workers or customers,they look at guys like us and they walk with their heads down or something like that or probably just yammering on their cell phone. ::)

;D  I think people already mentioned not trying to meet people at the store you work at.  Where else do you like to hang out?

Written By: Howard on 12/05/08 at 3:18 pm

;D  I think people already mentioned not trying to meet people at the store you work at.  Where else do you like to hang out?

I don't know,clubs bars I rarely go out these days because I work and then come home have no where to go to after it,I jump into the shower,go on the computer and play with my Playstation.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/05/08 at 5:08 pm

Some girls like to play the Playstation.  Maybe one day you can get one to play it with you :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/08 at 12:16 am

Howard buddy... do me a favor and go to the library and check out this book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0061709999/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-link

or if you promise you'll read every word of it. I'll buy it for you  ;)

I think it could help you meet girls.

;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/06/08 at 12:30 am

Howard buddy... do me a favor and go to the library and check out this book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0061709999/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-link

or if you promise you'll read every word of it. I'll buy it for you  ;)

I think it could help you meet girls.

;D

It's brilliant!  It just might work!  :o

Of course, when *I* talk to girls, I just say, "Hi, I'm me" and then a conversation ensues.  It's foolproof!

Unless the girl is a tool and doesn't want to talk, then I go somewhere else :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/08 at 12:36 am

It's brilliant!  It just might work!  :o

Of course, when *I* talk to girls, I just say, "Hi, I'm me" and then a conversation ensues.  It's foolproof!

Unless the girl is a tool and doesn't want to talk, then I go somewhere else :D

Did you see the inside of the book? I really like that first page after the table of contents.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/06/08 at 5:48 am

Some girls like to play the Playstation.  Maybe one day you can get one to play it with you :)

Sure,let them come over my house first.  ;)

Subject: Re: Let's Get Howard a Woman By '09 - FUN ADVICE THREAD

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 2:01 pm

*bump*

Hey Howard I just read this in the How Ya Feelin' Dec Thread

The final day of 2008 and I'm pretty glad this year is over,it had some good times and had some bad times,relationship-wise,it could've been better and hopefully by 09',I make a resolution to get myself a nice woman. :)

Now I'm willing to help you but you have to promise two things....

1) you'll read each and every word we post - not just skim the post

2) you'll actually take our advice....and don't try to wing it.

;D

so what do you say?

oh I just thought of a third rule.....

no whining about Robin or Kamika here cause we know all about it already! This thread is about moving forward...

and my first piece of advice-- no woman wants to get with a man who's pining over a lost or unrequited love!

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 2:06 pm

Thanks Snoz for bumping this thread,here's to a better 2009 and a new relationship.someone who's interested in me and not for what's in my wallet,bank account or my paychecks.Someone who is easygoing and not nervous about life and is fun to be around all the time. :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 2:17 pm

Thanks Snoz for bumping this thread,here's to a better 2009 and a new relationship.someone who's interested in me and not for what's in my wallet,bank account or my paychecks.Someone who is easygoing and not nervous about life and is fun to be around all the time. :)

That's the right attitude Howard! If she's asking for money dump her.  (Unless that was the arrangement you both agreed upon before hand)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/31/08 at 2:18 pm

That's the right attitude Howard! If she's asking for money dump her.  (Unless that was the arrangement you both agreed upon before hand)  ;D

I don't want to argue about money,like where to go,how cheap it is,is it expensive you know that sort of thing.

Written By: snozberries on 12/31/08 at 2:20 pm

I don't want to argue about money,like where to go,how cheap it is,is it expensive you know that sort of thing.

that's okay Howard.... first we find you the woman...then we tell you how to get past the money issues...its all about taking things in order. Remember- you had to learn to crawl before you could walk...

Right now you're trying to drive the car and we haven't even taken the training wheels off the bike.  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/31/08 at 2:21 pm

So what you're saying is that you want a fairy tale romance.  The longer you date someone the more inevitable it becomes.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/09 at 9:43 am

So what you're saying is that you want a fairy tale romance.  The longer you date someone the more inevitable it becomes.

I'm sure just about every relationship is a fairy tale,It just happened that my ex happened to be a walking soap opera. ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/01/09 at 9:45 am

that's okay Howard.... first we find you the woman...then we tell you how to get past the money issues...its all about taking things in order.

the money issues are important,I never claimed to be rich nor poor,basically middle class and comfortable of what I can and what I can't afford.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/01/09 at 1:53 pm

I'm sure just about every relationship is a fairy tale,It just happened that my ex happened to be a walking soap opera. ::)

Oh, one of those kind. ::)  Guess you're thankful she's now an ex.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/09 at 3:41 pm

Oh, one of those kind. ::)  Guess you're thankful she's now an ex.

With her,It was like an episode,I never knew what kind of episode I'm going to see with her and her parents,I'd have to tune in for next Sunday. ::)

But I guarantee Reynolds,one day I will bump into her again on the street(because her house is just about right around the corner from Pathmark),She will never forget me,even now I'm long gone from her life,It'll happen,just don't know when or where.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/01/09 at 5:46 pm

With her,It was like an episode,I never knew what kind of episode I'm going to see with her and her parents,I'd have to tune in for next Sunday. ::)

But I guarantee Reynolds,one day I will bump into her again on the street(because her house is just about right around the corner from Pathmark),She will never forget me,even now I'm long gone from her life,It'll happen,just don't know when or where.

Perhaps you will bump into her.  The best thing is to maintain an emotional distance.  Don't want to let any old feelings overcome you.  It's pretty hard seeing an ex.  You just want to grab them and shake them while screaming "Do you know the hell you put me through.".

Written By: tv on 01/01/09 at 6:38 pm

Ha Howard:

Try Match.com or cupid.com too find a good woman.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/09 at 10:23 pm

Perhaps you will bump into her.  The best thing is to maintain an emotional distance.  Don't want to let any old feelings overcome you.  It's pretty hard seeing an ex.  You just want to grab them and shake them while screaming "Do you know the hell you put me through.".

The last time I saw her was about a month or 2 after Her And I broke up,She saw me and I saw her then we both walked off and this was when I was about to go to work but then I wanted to chase her down and pummel her but then I had to gain my composure and just went straight to work this was because of the way she held the breakup over the phone and I felt upset and angry cause it just wasn't right.

I still want to see proof that she has a new guy like her and her new guy holding hands or something like that or I'd think she's hiding something from me. >:(

Written By: Howard on 01/01/09 at 10:24 pm

Ha Howard:

Try Match.com or cupid.com too find a good woman.

Nope,that's not the way I work,I look for women the old fashioned way not by over the phone or computer.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/01/09 at 11:24 pm

I still want to see proof that she has a new guy like her and her new guy holding hands or something like that or I'd think she's hiding something from me.

Howard, you really need to get over it.  It doesn't matter if she lied or not, she doesn't want to be with you.  You need to put her out of your mind and find someone who deserves to be with you. 

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/02/09 at 12:23 am

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6639/scarface1ji5.jpg

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman.
  - Scarface, as sampled in Sigue Sigue Sputnik's F1-11 Love Missile.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/02/09 at 12:32 am

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman.

Thar's a reel good parodie in thar somewear for that Skarface dood line. :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/02/09 at 4:15 am

maybe we can create a woman for Howard like in Weird Science  ::)

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0206M6F1JTNcABT2jzbkF/SIG=125ejh7p3/EXP=1230977548/**http%3A//www.raptureone.com/falan/weird_science.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020vU6F1JTQwB2xujzbkF/SIG=12aqpukv5/EXP=1230977620/**http%3A//static.blip.tv/Discusshow-42WeirdScience553.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/02/09 at 6:36 am

Howard, you really need to get over it.  It doesn't matter if she lied or not, she doesn't want to be with you.  You need to put her out of your mind and find someone who deserves to be with you. 

Yeah Dag,no need to keep thinking about it anymore,this year will be the year for change. ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/02/09 at 6:38 am

maybe we can create a woman for Howard like in Weird Science  ::)

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0206M6F1JTNcABT2jzbkF/SIG=125ejh7p3/EXP=1230977548/**http%3A//www.raptureone.com/falan/weird_science.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S020vU6F1JTQwB2xujzbkF/SIG=12aqpukv5/EXP=1230977620/**http%3A//static.blip.tv/Discusshow-42WeirdScience553.jpg

or better yet,a girl from realdoll.com  ;D
http://www.monsterdesign.co.kr/image/real_doll.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/02/09 at 6:39 am

Unfortunately,I don't have enough power.  :(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/02/09 at 6:57 am

Nope,that's not the way I work,I look for women the old fashioned way not by over the phone or computer.

That's the spirit Howard.  Don't stoop to the level of a computer dating service.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/09 at 7:02 am

That's the spirit Howard.  Don't stoop to the level of a computer dating service.

I'll tell you a story,a few years ago,I tried to stoop to Robin's level by posting a fake profile on match.com of myself and then when she saw me "wink" which is a button on there you click on to let someone get noticed then she found out and told me to stop but then after she told me she's getting rid of her profile for good and unsubscribe to match.com, now she met a guy off of plentyoffish.com which is another dating site for jewish people.

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 1:29 pm

ixnay on the x-ay  :-X

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 1:32 pm

The last time I saw her was about a month or 2 after Her And I broke up,She saw me and I saw her then we both walked off and this was when I was about to go to work but then I wanted to chase her down and pummel her but then I had to gain my composure and just went straight to work this was because of the way she held the breakup over the phone and I felt upset and angry cause it just wasn't right.

I still want to see proof that she has a new guy like her and her new guy holding hands or something like that or I'd think she's hiding something from me. >:(

Howard... it doesn't matter if she has someone or not... you guys are not together and you will never have a successful relationship with any woman if you keep dwelling on your ex.  No woman wants to hear you go on and on about the last woman you were with.

Let her go once and for all and then we'll help you ... hold on to it and there is nothing we can do for you.

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 1:34 pm

or better yet,a girl from realdoll.com  ;D
http://www.monsterdesign.co.kr/image/real_doll.jpg

at least she won't care how much money he makes.

;D

Written By: Howard on 01/03/09 at 6:57 pm

ixnay on the x-ay  :-X

Sorry Snoz.  :(

Written By: Howard on 01/03/09 at 7:02 pm

Howard... it doesn't matter if she has someone or not... you guys are not together and you will never have a successful relationship with any woman if you keep dwelling on your ex.  No woman wants to hear you go on and on about the last woman you were with.

Let her go once and for all and then we'll help you ... hold on to it and there is nothing we can do for you.

I'm sorry Snoz,I can't help it,It's just that this February will be a year that Her and I broke up over the phone(actually February 12,the week of Valentine's Day),I don't know if I want to come to work on Valentine's Day which is a Saturday cause of all those displays of chocolates and flowers I might get depressed. :(

Ok You all can help me feel more enthusiastic. :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 7:04 pm

I'm sorry Snoz,I can't help it,It's just that this February will be a year that Her and I broke up over the phone(actually February 12,the week of Valentine's Day),I don't know if I want to come to work on Valentine's Day which is a Saturday cause of all those displays of chocolates and flowers I might get depressed. :(

Ok You all can help me feel more enthusiastic. :)

YEah I can see where that would be depressing...just think about all the things that made you mad about her instead of the things you miss and then you won't be so depressed.

;D

Written By: Howard on 01/03/09 at 7:06 pm

YEah I can see where that would be depressing...just think about all the things that made you mad about her instead of the things you miss and then you won't be so depressed.

;D

and then you got all the customers with flowers and candy and teddy bears,can't stand it. >:(

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 7:14 pm

and then you got all the customers with flowers and candy and teddy bears,can't stand it. >:(

probably best to ask for the day off then.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/09 at 7:15 pm

probably best to ask for the day off then.

Yeah,I'll make up some doctor's appointment.

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/09 at 7:17 pm

Yeah,I'll make up some doctor's appointment.

or just ask for it off and say you made plans... ask for it early enough and it probably won't be a problem... better to do that than get caught in a lie.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/09 at 7:24 pm

or just ask for it off and say you made plans... ask for it early enough and it probably won't be a problem... better to do that than get caught in a lie.

Yeah,a week or two in advance so to give them notice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/09 at 12:37 pm

Hey Snoz? When you give advice is that a Q-Tip?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/09 at 2:02 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

Nice- I've actually never heard that one before!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/04/09 at 2:05 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat
OK That made me laugh ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/09 at 2:11 pm

OK That made me laugh ;D ;D ;D

made me run off and start a new topic
;D

Written By: Howard on 01/04/09 at 10:16 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cat

here's a Q-Tip.http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/articles/qtip.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...