inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Real American "ZERO"

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/14/08 at 6:37 am

I found this entirely by accident surfing the net!

Captain Killdozer
Unfortunately you can't always tell who those people are until it's too late and such was the case with Marvin Heemeyer. He lived in a little town in Colorado with a population of about 500. He was a welder and owned a muffler repair shop and, presumably for a while, he was a totally non-sinister individual who never even considered doing anything crazy like building a massive, nearly indestructible machine of terror.

Then, Heemeyer wound up in a dispute over his land with a cement manufacturing plant. He leased his business to someone else and sold his property while the new owners gave him six months to vacate. It was during that six months that Heemeyer built a death machine, a Komatsu D335A bulldozer outfitted with armor plating over the cabin and engine.

The armor in some places was over a foot thick and had concrete between sheets of steel, making it pretty much unstoppable. The tank was also outfitted with onboard cameras and monitors in the cabin so Heemeyer could see where he was going. The inside was made nearly airtight to resist a potential gas attack and had air conditioning, food, water and life support. Once he got in Heemeyer had no plans to actually leave the bulldozer.

Outside, the bulldozer had .50 caliber semi-automatic rifle mounted on the back, and three other semi-automatics mounted elsewhere. Basically, this was a machine designed to make everyone in his town of 500 take one massive, synchronized fear sheesh the moment it rolled out of his workshop.

Heemeyer took his machine of insanity out for a spin on June 2, 2004 by crashing it through the wall of his workshop. He then plowed through the concrete plant, the town hall, the local newspaper, a judge's house, a hardware store owned by a guy who had pissed him off, and seven other buildings, causing about $7 million in damages.

The bulldozer, which came to be known as the Killdozer since that really is the only appropriate name for it, was hit with over 200 rounds of ammunition and three small explosions that barely left a scratch on it.

Eventually the Killdozer got stuck in a basement and the engine failed. A single shot was heard in the cabin. While Heemeyer took the easy way out, and it still took authorities twelve hours to cut their way into the machine. Surprisingly, Heemeyer had not rigged the dozer to then self-destruct and destroy the entire town.

Youtube vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA&feature=related
a little more detailed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJcB1_EogXc&feature=related

Q:Should some Police depts have RPGs on hand??

Seems like every Xmas those stories emerge about "man takes out family , Then self!
(How come they never start with the last part first?)

Subject: Re: A Real American "ZERO"

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/15/08 at 1:27 am

Unfortunately you can't always tell who those people are until it's too late and such was the case with Marvin Heemeyer. He lived in a little town in Colorado with a population of about 500. He was a welder and owned a muffler repair shop and, presumably for a while, he was a totally non-sinister individual who never even considered doing anything crazy like building a massive, nearly indestructible machine of terror.

When it comes to going postal with style, Shawn Nelson's 1995 Tank Rampage has yet to be matched.  The inimitable Mojo Nixon even wrote a a song about it

Captain Killdozer's 2004 bulldozer rampage gets points for a lulzy variation on the theme, but nobody's ever come close to the original.  Tankman for the win.

Written By: Shacks Train on 09/15/08 at 1:59 am

When it comes to going postal with style, Shawn Nelson's 1995 Tank Rampage has yet to be matched.  The inimitable Mojo Nixon even wrote a a song about it

Captain Killdozer's 2004 bulldozer rampage gets points for a lulzy variation on the theme, but nobody's ever come close to the original.  Tankman for the win.

Oh I remember seeing that one!A tank of course has higher gearing so speeds are greatly increased....a Bulldozer has way more Strength for the push......Tankman was a spur of the moment.....Killdozer was 6 months in the planning...........

It was a good thing tankman busted the track or there would have been a lot of drivers killed in head ons!
I don't believe he would have even survived those kinds of crashes as in a tank you would get a ricochet
affect (Gs)...."But A Nut is a Nut no matter how Small"
Every time they show that tank video I think of that motorhome  he crushed......I think of
Mr. Anderson from Beavis & Butthead  Anderson says..."Yup just one more payment & shes all mine"
as the saying goes."Tragedy Plus Time Equalls Comedy"

I bet that little town in Colorado takes some thought into what it does now!

But for "Tankman" & Captain Killdozer" Dennis Leary sums them all up in this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzoPTtTfcrA

;D ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 09/15/08 at 6:21 pm

Wow. Just. Wow. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...