inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Strange thing happened at work last night.

Written By: Gis on 09/23/08 at 3:32 am

So there I was doing the late shift for a friend because I'm nice like that and it was all very dull.
I was switching off the photocopiers when a reader who was still using one of them said he was going to be another two minutes was that ok so I said fine and he replied 'Go and look at the stormtroopers' I'm like 'excuse me?'  and he said 'no joke, there are 8 stormtroopers on the Radcliffe Camera steps, have a look' so I did and he was right!?! 

Apparently it was for the launch of 'The Force Unleashed' computer game and it was all very cool.  8)

Subject: Re: A Strange thing happened at work last night.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/23/08 at 5:08 am

You mean to tell me that Stormtroopers aren't a usual sight at a prestigious university such as Oxford?  Given any American college campus on any Friday night, you're liable to see at least one Stormtrooper milling about.  Whether they are out to do Darth Vader's bidding or not remains to be seen.   ;D

Amusing photo and definately unexpected.  Thanks for sharing it.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/23/08 at 6:02 am

"Use the Force Gis!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/23/08 at 6:05 am

More pictures can be seen here

Written By: Howard on 09/23/08 at 6:30 am

wow great,Thanks for sharing.  :)

Written By: gibbo on 09/23/08 at 7:35 am

So there I was doing the late shift for a friend because I'm nice like that and it was all very dull.
I was switching off the photocopiers when a reader who was still using one of them said he was going to be another two minutes was that ok so I said fine and he replied 'Go and look at the stormtroopers' I'm like 'excuse me?'  and he said 'no joke, there are 8 stormtroopers on the Radcliffe Camera steps, have a look' so I did and he was right!?!   

Apparently it was for the launch of 'The Force Unleashed' computer game and it was all very cool.  8)

Well, of course they don't want to be storm troopers all their life. Once the universe is conquered...then what? Gotta have something to fall back on....they could be accountants or lawyers (then they could utilize those same set of skills).... :D

Written By: Gis on 09/25/08 at 7:57 am

The story just appeared in the all libraries newsletter under the heading 'The lengths some people will go to to get into a library after the closing bell has rung'  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/08 at 7:59 am

The story just appeared in the all libraries newsletter under the heading 'The lengths some people will go to to get into a library after the closing bell has rung'  ;D
How many Star Wars books do you have in your library?

Written By: Gis on 09/25/08 at 10:47 am

How many Star Wars books do you have in your library?
Everything published in the U.K and some from the rest of the world we are a copyright library............................

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/08 at 10:59 am

Everything published in the U.K and some from the rest of the world we are a copyright library............................
Everything?

Like the British Library?

Written By: Gis on 09/27/08 at 2:36 pm

Everything?

Like the British Library?
Yup along with them and Cambridge we are the only copyright libraries in the U.K.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/08 at 2:42 pm

Yup along with them and Cambridge we are the only copyright libraries in the U.K.
Oh the power you must have there.... ?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/27/08 at 3:39 pm

A friend of mine went to a Sci Fi convention and David Prouse (Darth Vader's body) was there and taught her a song-and she in turn taught it to me so the two of us sing it all the time.

Sung to the tune of the theme from Star Wars

Star Wars made me a fortune
Paid off the mortgage.
Bought me a car.

:D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...