inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Credit Crunch" hits the Far East

Written By: karen on 10/03/08 at 11:41 am

Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America  and the run on Northern Rock in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan .

In the last 7 days the Origami Bank has folded, the Sumo Bank has gone belly up and the Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.

Yesterday, it was announced that the Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in the Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

While the Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, the Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.

Staff were slashed at the Hari Kiri bank but senior staff didn't have the stomach for further cuts!

Furthermore, 500 staff at the Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at the Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

Subject: Re: "Credit Crunch" hits the Far East

Written By: Dagwood on 10/03/08 at 11:53 am

Ok, now that was funny. ;D

Written By: Tam on 10/03/08 at 12:16 pm

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

You are too good Girl!!! ;D 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/08 at 12:21 pm

BAD! BAD!!  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/03/08 at 1:37 pm

Hilarious! Have some Karma!  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 10/03/08 at 8:33 pm

lol, good post.

Ant

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/05/08 at 12:29 am

((( I can't take credit for this little work of genius, but it brings a smile to my face even as green dollars turn to brown like paper in fire )))

Dear Sirs,

Please do not be alarmed at the way I am contacting you, and I trust God you will see your way to assisting me.

I am Mr. Henry Paulson, and I currently serve as Secretary of Treasury in a North American country, the US of A. I am due to be receiving the sum of USD $700,000,000,000 (SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION), only the money seems to be held up. I got your name from the girl who runs the computer. This is where I need your help.

As soon as you can, God willing, I will need you to give me the number of your American account where I can wire this sum. For your trouble, as part of the settlement, I will give you the sum of exactly nothing.

Please be well, and I trust in God you will assist me honestly and without delay.

Yours truly,

Mr. Henry Paulson
    Secretary of the Treasury
    United States of America

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/08 at 9:09 am

I have now been informed that the best place to put your money during this recession is the Post Office, for by the time you reach the front of the queue, the recession will be over.

Check for new replies or respond here...