inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The library of my dreams... seriousily, if I had millions of dollars...

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/08/08 at 1:12 pm

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/16-10/ff_walker?currentPage=all

Just plain gorgeous.  Probably bigger than my entire house even with the new addition.  I've had to sell/give away so many books over the years I'd have preferred to keep, yet they probably all pale in comparison with what this guy has. 

I'd even settle for a simple two story 20x40 room with sliding ladders, doesn't need to be as elaborate as this!

Subject: Re: The library of my dreams... seriousily, if I had millions of dollars...

Written By: Jessica on 10/08/08 at 1:23 pm

That is seriously awesome.

Subject: Re: The library of my dreams... seriousily, if I had millions of dollars...

Written By: Dagwood on 10/08/08 at 1:39 pm

Wow....I love it.

Written By: Gis on 10/08/08 at 2:54 pm

Damn sight nicer looking than my workplace!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/08 at 4:22 pm

that was amazing. I would love to do something similar...only in the arena of a video library  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/08/08 at 6:12 pm

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/16-10/ff_walker?currentPage=all

Just plain gorgeous.  Probably bigger than my entire house even with the new addition.  I've had to sell/give away so many books over the years I'd have preferred to keep, yet they probably all pale in comparison with what this guy has. 

I'd even settle for a simple two story 20x40 room with sliding ladders, doesn't need to be as elaborate as this!

just spotted the square footage in the article... 3600 sq ft.  About 3 times larger than my house.

I don't usually get jealous of rich people's stuff, but for this I can make an exception.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/08 at 6:46 pm

Wow,that's huge!  :o

Written By: Red Ant on 10/08/08 at 10:02 pm

That is really awesome. He's got some really unique things too, like the instruction manual for the Saturn 5 and one of the Enigma code machines.

I wonder if he's planning on becoming a part of the library once he passes: he can't take it with him, but he can become part of it.

Patty is gonna love that link.

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/08 at 11:48 pm

Those sky walkways almost make it reminiscent of the library in 'The Breakfast Club'.  Man, if I had a library like that, I'd fill it with an endless selection of DVDs/CDs

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/09/08 at 3:19 am

Wow that's freakin' beautiful!  Brings tears to my eyes.

I love love love love love libraries and always wanted enough room to have one of my own.  That is my problem now with moving, I have to get rid of a good chunk of my "collection"  :\'(  and I don't know what to get rid of and what to keep

Maybe one day when I win the lottery (that I don't play), I'll build a nice library like this one.  Astounding!

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/08 at 3:34 pm

just spotted the square footage in the article... 3600 sq ft.  About 3 times larger than my house.

I don't usually get jealous of rich people's stuff, but for this I can make an exception.

and 6x the size of my apt.  ;D

There's a guy here in Santa Barbara who has a pop culture museum attached to his house. He has original props from star wars, the I love Lucy Vitameatavegimin dress and tons of really cool stuff. My friend has been a few times and is supposed to get me in too. I'll let you know when (& if ) that happens so I can accurately portray the size and contents!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/14/08 at 5:42 am

I want one!

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/14/08 at 7:00 am

That would be my idea of heaven, wow. I liked the windows and the light, I mean outside the obvious, I love libraries, but have only been in the public libraries which are somewhat limited.

Check for new replies or respond here...