inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I've got too many damn kids

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 10:36 pm

Okay so I'm watching this reality show about a family- Apparently its twice as good as John and Kate plus 8 because it stars a mom, a dad, and the 17 kids the mom gave birth to....plus mom is pregnant with number 18.

(oh dear god they all have J names... including Jinger (Ginger  ::) )

Apparently the purpose of the show is to go on and on and on and on about how they have more kids than anyone else in the free world and then talk about how complicated it is to maneuver them all...

In the first ep I watched all 19 of them have to go to NYC to appear on the Today show- so about 15 of the 22 minutes was spent talking about going to and getting through the airport.

For some reason they are in Times Square passing out a family photo to anyone who approaches them  ::)

Mom hasn't had a hair cut since 1992 but then I guess she hasn't had time too...  ;D

Anyway- the point of this thread is to discuss

1) how many kids is too many

or

2) how many kids do you have?

or

3) how many kids do you want?

or

4) tell us a funny story about juggling the midgets.

or any variation above.

Subject: Re: I've got too many damn kids

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/25/08 at 10:42 pm

holy cow...that's a LOT of kids.  :o  IMO, that's way too many. I mean, I know that some people love big families....but that's like crazy!

I have one child (Vaughn)...and I would love to have maybe one or two more someday....but no more than that. Sometimes it seems like it would be cool to have my own little "Brady Bunch"....but damn, it's expensive to raise children.

Written By: Jessica on 10/25/08 at 10:44 pm

Ah, the Duggar family.  I know who you're talking about.  You should check out their website and take a look at their house.  It is crazy.

My take on the whole thing is that if you can support them, then breed like a bunny.  My grandmother had 14 children, and although they grew up in a little ramshackle house in Castroville, they still had the basic necessities in life and had a good work ethic instilled in them.

As for me, we have the Jason, but I'd like maybe one more.  Not sure how Jason would take it though.

Edited to add: funny stores, eh?  I've got a million.  The best story is taking him to Hooters when he was three months old.  Our waitress fawned over him half the night, then took him out to meet the other waitresses.  I have a bunch of pictures of him posing with all the girls.  It was damned hysterical because in most of the pictures he was staring at their boobs. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 10:45 pm

holy cow...that's a LOT of kids.  :o  IMO, that's way too many. I mean, I know that some people love big families....but that's like crazy!

I have one child (Vaughn)...and I would love to have maybe one or two more someday....but no more than that. Sometimes it seems like it would be cool to have my own little "Brady Bunch"....but damn, it's expensive to raise children.

Yeah they went out for Pizza in NYC- 7 large pies and 18 cans of soda... $130  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/25/08 at 10:46 pm

Yeah they went out for Pizza in NYC- 7 large pies and 18 cans of soda... $130  :o

oh man....that would be crazy! I couldn't imagine supporting that many people. What do the parents do for a living?

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 10:47 pm

Ah, the Duggar family.  I know who you're talking about.  You should check out their website and take a look at their house.  It is crazy.

My take on the whole thing is that if you can support them, then breed like a bunny.  My grandmother had 14 children, and although they grew up in a little ramshackle house in Castroville, they still had the basic necessities in life and had a good work ethic instilled in them.

As for me, we have the Jason, but I'd like maybe one more.  Not sure how Jason would take it though.

you're right, if you can afford to take care of them then you should do it.  I just wonder how fair is it to the older kids. I mean you know they have to constantly look out for the little ones.  Mom and Dad can't possibly watch all 17 on their own.

My take on that is I didn't choose to be child 1 or 17 so watch your own damn kids mom  ;D  Yeah I'd get my ass beat by my mom if I ever said that to her!  ;D

I'm an only child so I can't fathom having one sib let alone 16 (soon to be 17)

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 10:48 pm

oh man....that would be crazy! I couldn't imagine supporting that many people. What do the parents do for a living?

I don't know what the dad does but obviously the mom spends a lot of time on her back  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/25/08 at 10:49 pm

I don't know what the dad does but obviously the mom spends a lot of time on her back  ;D

hahaha...good one! ;) I couldn't imagine like ALWAYS being pregnant. ugh.

Written By: Jessica on 10/25/08 at 10:49 pm

If I recall correctly, daddy is a real estate investor/government lackey and mom stays at home breeding.

you're right, if you can afford to take care of them then you should do it.  I just wonder how fair is it to the older kids. I mean you know they have to constantly look out for the little ones.  Mom and Dad can't possibly watch all 17 on their own.

My take on that is I didn't choose to be child 1 or 17 so watch your own damn kids mom  ;D  Yeah I'd get my ass beat by my mom if I ever said that to her!  ;D

I'm an only child so I can't fathom having one sib let alone 16 (soon to be 17)

Yeah, my grandparents worked pretty hard in the packing sheds.  The older kids did take responsibility for the younger ones.  The youngest is now in his 40s and my oldest aunt is in her 60s.

Written By: snozberries on 10/25/08 at 10:55 pm

If I recall correctly, daddy is a real estate investor/government lackey and mom stays at home breeding.

Yeah, my grandparents worked pretty hard in the packing sheds.  The older kids did take responsibility for the younger ones.  The youngest is now in his 40s and my oldest aunt is in her 60s.

my moms parents had 6 (well 7 but the only son died at a young age).  The girls were born in phases tho.  3 and then 3 so my second oldest aunt is 86 and my mom is 62 she is the 5th (6th) born.

Interestingly enough the first 3 kids had 6 each as well.  The last 3 had (none, one, & one)  guess they got the short end of the stick being in a big family and decided to have none of it  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/26/08 at 12:42 am

NONE !  >:(

Incidentally ... I'm just worried ... since a 'caesarean's' been ruled out ... how the hell ARE they .... gonna get the friggin thing out !  :(

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8048/mrmumux1.jpg

Ooh .... my 'hemorrhoids' !    :(  :\'(

:P

:D

;D

Written By: gibbo on 10/26/08 at 3:48 am

Edited to add: funny stores, eh?  I've got a million.  The best story is taking him to Hooters when he was three months old.  Our waitress fawned over him half the night, then took him out to meet the other waitresses.  I have a bunch of pictures of him posing with all the girls.  It was damned hysterical because in most of the pictures he was staring at their boobs. ;D

Wow Jess, if I dress up as a baby ...would you take me to stare at the waitresses boobs? (sounds like I might get closer dressed as a baby).

I've got 4 kids (and realized later that I actually want none).... ;)   We are single income (mine) and my wife stays at home. It can get very expensive when they have to have what the others at school have etc. Yes, they are constantly disappointed but I notice some of their friends who have no siblings want to come over and play with them (and not on computers either). That's what I need .....more children in my home..NOT!!

Oh....and if we had 18 kids...I'd be the first to leave home!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/26/08 at 4:25 am

Oh yeah, the Duggars.  I've watched all their shows except for this last one that you're talking about.  I can't help but watch, it's compelling to see them.  Have you seen any of the other families that they feature on TLC (The Learning Channel)?  There is a series called Kids by the Dozen,http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=287069&more=ucepisodelist that feature other families that have lots and lots of kids.  Amazing.

As for me, no children of my own (hubby has two girls that he gave up for adoption when they were youngins) so all that we have together are two cats (very spoiled cats).  I guess, conceivably, hubby's children may find us one day (and that will be ok, as they deserve to know, but it would be...an adjustment.)  Not planning on having any children of my own, but you never know I guess it COULD happen (although I hope not.)

I only have the one brother, my mom had 6 brothers and sisters (she's the middle girl like Jan  ;D )  I have to tell you that family get togethers are always crowded and fun.  Although after all the aunts and uncles (and grandma are gone) we just won't be that close of a family anymore.  The cousins barely talk anymore (not like when we were kids).

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/26/08 at 4:52 am

Wow Jess, if I dress up as a baby ...would you take me to stare at the waitresses boobs? (sounds like I might get closer dressed as a baby).

:o  You dirty bastard,  gibbo !  >:(  (Not that I wouldn't do the SAME thing .. if it worked  :-X    :-http://www.purpleplane.com/hot/thumbs/960/731m.jpg

Quick ! Drop something on the floor, and get ready to feast your eyes when she picks it up !

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/975/babyyy2.jpg

'Atta-boy' .... gibbo !  8)

;D

Written By: Howard on 10/26/08 at 5:43 am

I'd like to have her as my waitress. ;)

Written By: ninny on 10/26/08 at 6:23 am

Okay so I'm watching this reality show about a family- Apparently its twice as good as John and Kate plus 8 because it stars a mom, a dad, and the 17 kids the mom gave birth to....plus mom is pregnant with number 18.

(oh dear god they all have J names... including Jinger (Ginger  ::) )

Apparently the purpose of the show is to go on and on and on and on about how they have more kids than anyone else in the free world and then talk about how complicated it is to maneuver them all...

In the first ep I watched all 19 of them have to go to NYC to appear on the Today show- so about 15 of the 22 minutes was spent talking about going to and getting through the airport.

For some reason they are in Times Square passing out a family photo to anyone who approaches them  ::)

Mom hasn't had a hair cut since 1992 but then I guess she hasn't had time too...  ;D

1) how many kids is too many

or

2) how many kids do you have?

or

or

4) tell us a funny story about juggling the midgets.

or any variation above.

The Duggars. I watch that all the time.I was just on the web site(I voted for what J boy or girl name I liked)..I read that some of their money comes from rental properties..They also strongly agree with " Financial Freedom Seminar" by Jim Sammons,which puts your financial trust in God...yes I jnow it sounds like a bunch of Cr*p,but they buy into it.
My kids were laughing when they watched the episode where Josh got engaged...They are not going to kiss tilll they get married...WOW are we living in the 1800's..heck I'm sure they even kissed back then..I told Missy (who is pregnant &16) she should learn from their great example....Then we both bursted into laughter.

Oh yeah here is the list of names you can choose from
Jasmin

Joselyn

Juliette

Julianna

Jessica

Jewel

Jacob

Jordan

Joel

Jarred

Jefferson

Jack
I voted for Jasmin & Jacob..Missy liked Julianna &Jordan

Written By: Dagwood on 10/26/08 at 7:58 am

I'm with you.  No way in hell I would want 18 kids, though.  One is plenty for me.  On the bright side for her anyway....the birth should be easy. ;D   

Written By: ninny on 10/26/08 at 9:02 am

I'm with you.  No way in hell I would want 18 kids, though.  One is plenty for me.  On the bright side for her anyway....the birth should be easy. ;D   

My two drive me crazy..Maybe it works better if you have more,sorta like a factory everyone has a job to do.My father had 10 brothers and sisters and he said they all had chores to do. I was lucky if I could get my 2 to make their beds. >:(

Love your avatar ^

Written By: adagio on 10/26/08 at 9:44 am

I have 5 er...kids. ::)  No way would I consider 18 though.  On down the line, they multiply like crazy when those kids have kids of their own.  Mine are 'grown' and did, and everytime I turn around there's somebody's birthday or anniversary or something.  My kids, except for the first one, only have 1 or 2. It still adds up. The last one just got married...nothing from that quarter yet.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/08 at 12:50 pm

I saw this family on some show (I can't remember). I thought my mother was bad: She was perpetually pregnant from 1951-1963.  :D ;D ;D ;D  All the old home movies/photos she was pregnant in just about all of them.  :D ;D ;D ;D  She had 6 kids but 13 pregnancies.  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/26/08 at 12:52 pm

I saw this family on some show (I can't remember). I thought my mother was bad: She was perpetually pregnant from 1951-1963.  :D ;D ;D ;D  All the old home movies/photos she was pregnant in just about all of them.  :D ;D ;D ;D  She had 6 kids but 13 pregnancies.  :o :o :o

Cat

wow! thankfully I have never been pregnant & hope to never be!

Written By: gibbo on 10/26/08 at 4:18 pm

:o   You dirty bastard,  gibbo !   >:(  (Not that I wouldn't do the SAME thing .. if it worked   :-X    :-http://www.purpleplane.com/hot/thumbs/960/731m.jpg

Quick ! Drop something on the floor, and get ready to feast your eyes when she picks it up !

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/975/babyyy2.jpg

'Atta-boy' .... gibbo !   8)

;D

Hey...cool sandals!  8)

Written By: Howard on 10/26/08 at 4:42 pm

I wonder how many kids the woman who lived in a shoe had? ???

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/26/08 at 5:02 pm

I've got 4 kids (and realized later that I actually want none).... ;)   We are single income (mine) and my wife stays at home. It can get very expensive when they have to have what the others at school have etc. Yes, they are constantly disappointed but I notice some of their friends who have no siblings want to come over and play with them (and not on computers either). That's what I need .....more children in my home..NOT!!

Oh....and if we had 18 kids...I'd be the first to leave home!!!

Whoa. That's messed up man (even if you're just exaggerating). How would you feel if your wife or kids read that? Not that they WILL, but just saying.

Anyway - I'd love to have kids someday (even if I still feel like one myself lots of times right now, lol), and I think 2 or 3 would be a perfect amount. Enough that they'd have at least one sibling and wouldn't be alone, but not so much that it would be crazy in the house either. I was an only child so there's been lots of times I wished I had a brother or sister, even now I still do. That's why I'd want my future kids to be able to experience that. Sometimes I worry if I'd be able to balance love, caring, fun and discipline all equally, but I'm sure everyone has that fear. I'm sure I'll handle it in due time when it comes around.

Written By: karen on 10/26/08 at 6:43 pm

I have two children and I'm not planning to have any more.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/08 at 7:26 am

If a woman has so many kids,who'd be the grandmother?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/27/08 at 7:53 am

If a woman has so many kids,who'd be the grandmother?

uh...the woman's mother, and the dad's mother would both be grandparents.

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/27/08 at 8:34 am

I only have one and I'm happy with her; she's awesome!

I personally think it's disgusting to have 18 children.  I cannot believe her uterus is still intact!  I think Q mentioned one problem with having so many.  I understand that everyone needs to pull their weight in a family but don't expect the other children to raise their siblings. 

Written By: karen on 10/27/08 at 8:55 am

I only have one and I'm happy with her; she's awesome!

I personally think it's disgusting to have 18 children.  I cannot believe her uterus is still intact!  I think Q mentioned one problem with having so many.  I understand that everyone needs to pull their weight in a family but don't expect the other children to raise their siblings. 

I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that!

Even if they can afford to support them all (in the UK people with families this big are usually supported by the state) I still don't think people should have huge families.  The world is overpopulated and cannot support the current rate of population expansion.

I don't know what the 'ideal' family size should be.  I'm happy with two children, one of my best friends has four.  However, many more than four and I think most people start to comment.

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/27/08 at 9:08 am

I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that!

Even if they can afford to support them all (in the UK people with families this big are usually supported by the state) I still don't think people should have huge families.  The world is overpopulated and cannot support the current rate of population expansion.

I don't know what the 'ideal' family size should be.  I'm happy with two children, one of my best friends has four.  However, many more than four and I think most people start to comment.
Karma.  I also have friends with 4.  Their house runs lilke a well-oiled machine and the children are actually siblings and not little mommies. 

I just think A LOT is compromised when you have so many.

Written By: snozberries on 10/27/08 at 9:24 am

Karma.  I also have friends with 4.  Their house runs lilke a well-oiled machine and the children are actually siblings and not little mommies. 

I just think A LOT is compromised when you have so many.

yeah I was also wondering if any of the kids were in or planned to go to college? Can you imagine how much that would cost? Although I spared my parents and paid my own way through...well I guess the student loans I took out paid most of my way through but eventually I will have to pay them back  ;D

Written By: Midas on 10/27/08 at 11:00 am

I wonder how many kids the woman who lived in a shoe had? ???

Um, she had so many that she didn't know what to do!  :D

I've seen The Duggar Family and Jon & Kate Plus 8.  I want to know how in a house full of 17 kids do parents have time/privacy to make #18?  :o  :D ;D  I'm not too fond of either show, but I'd pick watching the Duggars over J&K.  Kate stresses me out.  There is no way possible that you can keep your kids/house clean forever.  They're KIDS!  Let 'em eat mud! :D

I'll probably have kids someday.  To entertain them I shall juggle midgets :D

Written By: statsqueen on 10/27/08 at 11:51 am

I have only the one, who is now 18 and lives in a dorm, but still needs me, money, car, etc. (not necessarily in that order).  She's all I could handle as a single parent (and didn't even do that well).

Sometimes I wanted another child--and she often expressed a desire to have a little brother--but it wasn't in the cards.  Maybe if I had gotten married when I was in my 20s or early 30s and he wanted to have a biological child with me.  When things were going well with my ex boyfriend, I would often tease him that when we got married, he would have one of each...adopted (he adopted his oldest when he married the mom), biological (his youngest son), and step (Micah) even though he never thought of her that way (he treated her the same as Brandon).  He was 10 yrs older and had already had a vasectomy so the option of having another child wasn't there (which was fine with me at that point as I was in my late 30s).

It's the parents who don't work and live on welfare who keep on producing more kids that I worry about....although I think anything more than 4-5 is a little overboard (whether you can afford it or not).  Just my opinion  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/27/08 at 2:03 pm

Um, she had so many that she didn't know what to do!

But no one knew how many? ???

Written By: Midas on 10/27/08 at 3:17 pm

But no one knew how many? ???

They didn't have census polls back then!

Written By: gibbo on 10/27/08 at 7:26 pm

Whoa. That's messed up man (even if you're just exaggerating). How would you feel if your wife or kids read that? Not that they WILL, but just saying.

Anyway - I'd love to have kids someday (even if I still feel like one myself lots of times right now, lol), and I think 2 or 3 would be a perfect amount. Enough that they'd have at least one sibling and wouldn't be alone, but not so much that it would be crazy in the house either. I was an only child so there's been lots of times I wished I had a brother or sister, even now I still do. That's why I'd want my future kids to be able to experience that. Sometimes I worry if I'd be able to balance love, caring, fun and discipline all equally, but I'm sure everyone has that fear. I'm sure I'll handle it in due time when it comes around.

Hopefully, they know me well enough to see the humour in those statements. I consider my family the most successful, defining statement of my life. We are close, they are happy and the marriage is strong and entering it's 20th year. I made the mistake of joking around with people I do not really know. It won't happen again!

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/27/08 at 7:37 pm

Hopefully, they know me well enough to see the humour in those statements. I consider my family the most successful, defining statement of my life. We are close, they are happy and the marriage is strong and entering it's 20th year. I made the mistake of joking around with people I do not really know. It won't happen again!

Hey gibbo .... don't let some 'observation' like that  ::)  ... cramp your style / get under your skin. YOU can't help it .... if someone comes in with a statement like that ... how do YOU know who's gonna respond ... and make you out to be some sort of Philistine / insensitive /uncaring ?

A careful reading of your original statement ... complete with >  '  ;)  '    .... would signal you were talking 'tongue in cheek' .  As for 18 kids ... they would be more than a handful ..... for ANYBODY ... especially if they're someone else's kids coming around to party at your place !  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/27/08 at 7:50 pm

Incidentally ... I notice .... he had not even posted in that thread (3 pages in ? )  ... till then .... so you WERE joking around with people you 'knew' .... till then !

I can see you are angry .... I hope you'll get over it soon.

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/27/08 at 9:07 pm

I have 2 wonderful girls, yes I would like to have a boy; but I am not going to keep having kids so I can get a boy!  I think my 2 are enough for me and my husband, we are at a stage where we are content with what we have, and finally "comfortable."  I can not imagine being pregnant 18 times, I hated it both times (I love the end results of the pregnancy, 2 beautiful babies, but I hated being pregnant)..  The last few children must have been able to just fall out, labor must have been easy  8-P

I do agree that one should be able to afford the children they have, nothing is more bothersome than families having more children so they can just get more welfare.  I can understand help in hardships, but it should not be a form of employment....

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/27/08 at 11:07 pm

http://www.gorillasushi.com/images/imce/Image/Jason/motivational/1.jpg

Going to hell for that, and I don't care.

Hey, I'm childfree.  If the quiverfull cultists ever take over, hell will be an improvement :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/27/08 at 11:12 pm

^

Nice post, Foo Bar ... and great pic !   8)  :D    ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/28/08 at 12:39 am

Nice post, Foo Bar ... and great pic !  8)  :D    ;D

Can't take credit for the pic -- it's been making the rounds for months before the Duggars' latest PR push.  If I stand so tall and see so far, it is only because I stand on the shoulders of giants.  (Trust me, it beats the hell outa the alternative, which involves giantesses and stilts...)

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/08 at 1:14 am

I get you and I knew you were kidding... I meant to say something like that sooner but I forgot. Sorry.

Hey, I'm childfree.  If the quiverfull cultists ever take over, hell will be an improvement :)

That is hilarious.... and it's nice to know I'll have company in hell.  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 10/28/08 at 2:58 am

Incidentally ... I notice .... he had not even posted in that thread (3 pages in ? )  ... till then .... so you WERE joking around with people you 'knew' .... till then !

I can see you are angry .... I hope you'll get over it soon.

Al...I get that all most people can judge by, in this place, is the written word....so I only have myself to blame for such a misunderstanding....and it would be wiser for me to be more measured in my statements.  However, having said that...I probably won't change. ;) 

I'm not angry at Jess....more at myself for creating such a negative statement of my situation and not having the foresight to see that not everyone would see humour in it. It could even offend some who may have been neglected as children etc.........and while I may come here  sometimes to annoy..I never come here to offend....

I'm officially over it......................................................................now!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/28/08 at 6:54 am

Is that the Vagina Family? ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 7:17 am

Al...I get that all most people can judge by, in this place, is the written word....so I only have myself to blame for such a misunderstanding....and it would be wiser for me to be more measured in my statements.  However, having said that...I probably won't change. ;) 

I'm not angry at Jess....more at myself for creating such a negative statement of my situation and not having the foresight to see that not everyone would see humour in it. It could even offend some who may have been neglected as children etc.........and while I may come here  sometimes to annoy..I never come here to offend....

I'm officially over it......................................................................now!  ;)

In a  'sense'  ..................  I 'love ya'  ................... but I dont REALLY  'love ya' !    :P    ;D

However ............... having said THAT ..............    :-X    ::)          gotta say ...........

I got NOTHING to say !    :P

Fact IS .............. I would NEVER  want kids myself ............. and if you DO  ................. all  'power' to you !    :P    ;D 

Written By: Howard on 10/28/08 at 7:33 am

You don't want to get a girl pregnant?  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 7:50 am

:-\\

you know ........ through 'thick and thin' .............. whoever 'WHOM  EVER'  ............. we might come up against ....... and I don't give a ****] if it's a 'lead moderator'  ( 'Tam' / Bobo'    >:(    ::) )
    ::)    or  'Chucky' himself ..............    :-X        .... I will ALWAYS be there for YOU ...... 'gibbo'  8)    :)

But SERIOUSLY (hmm .... a good name for a Phil Collins album ?       ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 7:58 am

Yeah ... excommunticate me if you want ....... I 'm with 'gibbo' / Phil / nally etc (not to mention snoz/ ninny/ Catwoman  ( the list goes on and on ............ ) ......... hmm ... I do realise there are ALL sorts of 'allegiances' going on ............ BUT ............. I DO think I  am CURRENTLY ........... 'well connected' !  (lead mods... or NOT !   >:(    :P    :D    ;D  )  .

Written By: karen on 10/28/08 at 9:40 am

wtf are you on about with all this 'lead mods' crap?

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 9:43 am

wtf are you on about with all this 'lead mods' crap?

I'm drunk ......... and NOT well connected !     :P    :D  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/08 at 9:45 am

I'm drunk ......... and NOT well connected !      :P    :D   ;D

time to break out the coffee then.

Written By: karen on 10/28/08 at 9:45 am

Or stop posting crap!

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 9:47 am

Or stop posting crap!

You'd  know NOTHING ......... about THAT !       ::)  ;D 

Written By: karen on 10/28/08 at 9:50 am

http://pond.dnr.cornell.edu/nyfish/Cyprinidae/common_carp.jpg

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 9:52 am

Looks 'fishy' ?  ^  :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/08 at 9:52 am

is this more on topic?

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/milancoley/sardines.gif

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/28/08 at 10:07 am

That's the most hilarious thing I've seen in a very long time.  Karma and thanks for the laugh.

Written By: karen on 10/28/08 at 10:40 am

Looks 'fishy' ?  ^  :D

Sorry I thought you said I keep posting carp

;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/08 at 10:58 am

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/08 at 11:11 am

Cat

actually i think its been fowl in some areas  ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/28/08 at 1:32 pm

How about Dunkin Donuts coffee? ???

Written By: gibbo on 10/28/08 at 4:30 pm

Sorry I thought you said I keep posting carp

;)

That was clever! :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 6:07 pm

Somebody ... remind me NOT to post .... when I've had 'a skinful'.  Yeah  I was significant / won a trivia jackpot last night .... and 'celebration' ... was mandatory...

Ooh ... my head (right now) ...... still HURTS !    :-[   :(   :\'(

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/28/08 at 6:17 pm

Cat

Great idea !    8) 

How IS the weather ?      ???

;D

Written By: mooster on 10/28/08 at 10:50 pm

I seem to have forgotten to have them along the way  :o ;D ;)

Written By: snozberries on 10/28/08 at 10:50 pm

I seem to have forgotten to have them along the way  :o ;D ;)

;D

Written By: Howard on 10/29/08 at 7:35 am

There should be a limit of having so many kids around the damn house. >:(

;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/29/08 at 5:39 pm

Hey Gib - sorry about that misunderstanding man. Reading it back I realize it sounded a little unfeeling, didn't mean to jump to conclusions.

It's just that when you're writing, people can't see your expressions or tone of voice, so the words are all you have to go on. Especially if you're not that familar with their personality. I think we tend to forget that when we're talking to our buddies online (this is a public board), that lots of people are bound to read our posts and they might not totally get where we're coming from. I admit your post DID kinda come across to me like middle-aged kid complaining, but hey it's none of my business even if you were. And I've had lighthearted posts mistaken as serious too, so I understand how that feels from the other side. Hope there's no hard feelings. :)

P.S. Just a suggestion - personally if I'm kidding I'll use the laugh smiley or say "LMAO" or something like that, just to clarify that I'm just messing around and don't literally mean it.

Written By: Jessica on 10/29/08 at 5:55 pm

Somebody ... remind me NOT to post .... when I've had 'a skinful'. 

Sounds like you had more than a skinful. :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/29/08 at 8:54 pm

a sinkful perhaps  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/29/08 at 9:00 pm

Depends on whose skin...now if it were MY skin, that would equal to a pretty significant amount of alcohol.  It's kinda odd now that I have Silence of the Lambs dialogue and plot running through my head at the moment.  8-P  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/29/08 at 9:02 pm

Depends on whose skin...now if it were MY skin, that would equal to a pretty significant amount of alcohol.  It's kinda odd now that I have Silence of the Lambs dialogue and plot running through my head at the moment.   8-P  ;D

It will put the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again  ;D

yeah that runs through my head on a regular basis... how many "suits" can be made out of 17 kinds?  :D

Written By: Jessica on 10/29/08 at 9:10 pm

It will put the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again  ;D

Awww, you beat me to it. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 10/29/08 at 9:21 pm

Awww, you beat me to it. ;D

YAY I won...what's my prize?  :D

Written By: gibbo on 10/29/08 at 9:38 pm

Hey Gib - sorry about that misunderstanding man. Reading it back I realize it sounded a little unfeeling, didn't mean to jump to conclusions.

It's just that when you're writing, people can't see your expressions or tone of voice, so the words are all you have to go on. Especially if you're not that familar with their personality. I think we tend to forget that when we're talking to our buddies online (this is a public board), that lots of people are bound to read our posts and they might not totally get where we're coming from. I admit your post DID kinda come across to me like middle-aged kid complaining, but hey it's none of my business even if you were. And I've had lighthearted posts mistaken as serious too, so I understand how that feels from the other side. Hope there's no hard feelings. :)

P.S. Just a suggestion - personally if I'm kidding I'll use the laugh smiley or say "LMAO" or something like that, just to clarify that I'm just messing around and don't literally mean it.

No problems Jess.... :)    Even us 'middle-aged' need to learn new lessons  ;D ;D LMAO lol......... ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/29/08 at 9:47 pm

No problems Jess.... :)    Even us 'middle-aged' need to learn new lessons  ;D ;D LMAO lol......... ;)

Hey gibbo  :)  .... haven't you overdone it a bit there  ???  ^    .... with the 'smilies'  ???    :-X    ::)      :-\\

Try to use them sparingly  ???  .....  I  always do !  8)  8)

:)

;D

Subject: Re: Battle of the smilies

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/29/08 at 11:08 pm

Hey gibbo  :)  .... haven't you overdone it a bit there  ???  ^    .... with the 'smilies'   ???    :-X    ::)      :-\\

Try to use them sparingly   ???  .....  I  always do !  8)   8)

:)

;D

The cast / role call:

>:(                :(            :P          :-We're getting our OWN union ... since we don't even make the 'roll call' !

>:( See ... see what HE'S done (that 'Mister' .... HE'S the ringleader ... in abusing us !  >:( ) .... got us fighting amongst ourselves !

>:( He PARTICULARLY makes heavy use of ME !  I wanna big fat cheque .... and it better NOT bounce !

:(  Seems to happen to me all the time.

:\'(  I know I know ^  .... always making my mascara run.

8)  I don't mind ... with these glasses Stevie Wonder lent me ... you can't see MY tears !

;D  You always crack me up, ^ Mr. Cool

:D  I'm too busy eating cheese .... to worry about any of this !

...that's cause YOU'RE 'Mr. Cheesy' !      :P

:-for now !). Ok you other 3 over-used, over-worked, and under(UN-paid guys !) get ready to say 'bye' !

:P "Bye"

:D "Bye !"

;D "Bye"

Written By: Howard on 10/30/08 at 8:34 am

That's just too many!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...