inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Halloween!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 10/31/08 at 4:55 pm

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3139/2690037381_09c8b42fc0.jpg

It's that time again! I just couldn't resist posting a Michael Myers pic.  ;D So how is everybody spending their Halloween?

Duh-nuh-nuh! Duh-nuh-nuh! Duh-nuh! Duh-nuh!
Duh-nuh-nuh! Duh-nuh-nuh! Duh-nuh! Duh-nuh!...

Happy Halloween everybody! :)

Subject: Re: Happy Halloween!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/08 at 5:06 pm

Halloween has nearly finished here now, two hours to go, and there was no knocking on the door.

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/08 at 8:42 pm

I gave my myspace page a Halloween (ala Mike Myers) theme.... my comment was

Happy Halloween!  Don't get killed!  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/31/08 at 8:48 pm

Just got done trick or treating with my 2 loved ones.....  There just are not enough houses that give out adult barley pops anymore, >:( but my little ones are extremely happy (and wound for sound) with their load :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/31/08 at 9:09 pm

Just got done trick or treating with my 2 loved ones.....  There just are not enough houses that give out adult barley pops anymore, >:( but my little ones are extremely happy (and wound for sound) with their load :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

congrats to her on her fine haul....or if she went as a pirate....on her booty.  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/31/08 at 9:34 pm

congrats to her on her fine haul....or if she went as a pirate....on her booty.  ;D
Both girls were "cat girls" and loved every minute of it... It was the first time they got to walk around door to door... The weather was beautiful and they had sooo much fun, but I can not remember having soooooo many houses that were dark when I was trick or treating - bah humbug.... I think there were more houses that were dark than had lights on :( :( :( :( :(  I sort of felt sad

Written By: karen on 10/31/08 at 9:37 pm

We had a great time trick or treating round a friends neighbourhood.  Loads of kids out and about, most houses were giving out candy or had bowls on the step.  One house gave hot chocolate or cider (with a nip of something for the adults), another couple of places (in cul de sacs) had buffets set out with drinks nd nibbles.  It was a great party atmosphere 

Written By: Jessica on 10/31/08 at 10:16 pm

Both girls were "cat girls" and loved every minute of it... It was the first time they got to walk around door to door... The weather was beautiful and they had sooo much fun, but I can not remember having soooooo many houses that were dark when I was trick or treating - bah humbug.... I think there were more houses that were dark than had lights on :( :( :( :( :(  I sort of felt sad

That's what we got, too.  We went to our old neighborhood in Indiana, and a lot of the houses were dark.  I also noticed that a lot of people weren't out either, or the kids didn't even make an effort to dress up.  Where's the fun in that? :(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/08 at 10:22 pm

just got home about 30 minutes ago, it's 8:20pm here and trick or treating is in full swing in our neighborhood. I saw a good amount of kids and families out. it's warm out and it's not raining. the doorbell is ringing, Diane is handing out candy. she likes to see the little ones in their cute costumes  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/08 at 10:55 pm

took V trick or treating with his cousin, and then went out to dinner..it was a nice night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/08 at 3:07 am

Halloween was happy for me, for there no children knocking on my door this year.

Written By: Gis on 11/01/08 at 5:03 am

I got one lot of trick or treaters before we went out. Another lot were going up the other side of the street as we left the house. So Himself has a load of sweets to eat and is very happy!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/08 at 5:43 am

I got one lot of trick or treaters before we went out. Another lot were going up the other side of the street as we left the house. So Himself has a load of sweets to eat and is very happy!  ;D
I get the impression that the trick or treaters were queueing up down your garden path.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 11/01/08 at 6:51 am

Hope one & all had a safe & Happy Halloween!!! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 7:11 am

I didn't answer the door,stupid kids should stop ringing the bell!  >:(

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/01/08 at 9:33 am

May they be soaping your windows then ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/01/08 at 10:39 am

We didn't get many kids as we were out during the busy time.  My neighbor goes all out with the scare factor.  This year he had a mechanical Jason on his porch with black screening all around and a strobe light.  Fog machines and all.  He was on the porch dressed as Michael Myers pretending to be mechanical.  The short one was afraid, even though she knew it was Ralph.  Well, he is the type to come down and follow her or the other neighborhood kids if they don't go up to the porch.  Sarah and a friend were in a neighbors yard looking terrified and he walked up next to me and "hit" me with his cleaver.  It was hilarious.  Then he jumped on the car of the mom of another girl who never has the guts to go up to he house. 

Lots of screams coming from his house last night. ;D

Written By: Jessica on 11/01/08 at 10:47 am

Grouch. ;D

We didn't get many kids as we were out during the busy time.  My neighbor goes all out with the scare factor.  This year he had a mechanical Jason on his porch with black screening all around and a strobe light.  Fog machines and all.  He was on the porch dressed as Michael Myers pretending to be mechanical.  The short one was afraid, even though she knew it was Ralph.  Well, he is the type to come down and follow her or the other neighborhood kids if they don't go up to the porch.  Sarah and a friend were in a neighbors yard looking terrified and he walked up next to me and "hit" me with his cleaver.  It was hilarious.  Then he jumped on the car of the mom of another girl who never has the guts to go up to he house. 

Sweet!

Written By: Henk on 11/01/08 at 11:10 am

Surprise, surprise...no kids came a-knocking here. ::)

Well, not really a surprise, as we don't have a tradition to do so at Halloween. We've got a very similar feast coming up on November 11 , you know (Saint Martin's Day) - but even then I don't get many children at my door.

BTW: I was surprised earlier today, when I spotted a Halloween parade passing by my very own house. :o There were about 25 kids dressed up as witches, ghosts or pirates (as far as I could tell) and some marching band to accompany them.
This could be the start of a tradition, who's to say.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/01/08 at 12:04 pm

AWSOME :D
That is the house I have always dreamed of being!!!!!  I wanted (and still do dream of) to be the house that gave out 4 trashbags full of candy because all of the kids wanted to come to my house to get "scared".....  But alas, I live in the country, no trick or treaters.... But as I teach high schoolers, we are getting some awsome halloween parties together and hopefully someday, I can scare the begeesus out of them....  I love halloween. :D :D :D  I can not see being the scrooge of halloween and refusing to answer my door...  It is such an awsome, creative and imaginative time for children who now a days do not get enough opportunity to use their imagination - Is this why so many can not come up with their own costumes?

Written By: karen on 11/01/08 at 12:33 pm

One of the houses we visited last night was really decorated up with graves, bones and body parts!  The guy was on his deck at the back, fire lit, tv going having a great time with the kids calling by.  Another house was decorated up and the owner was sat on the front step dressed up complete with mask.  The kids thought it was a good laugh

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 2:41 pm

May they be soaping your windows then ;D ;D ;D

How would they like it if I came knocking on their door screaming Trick or Treat? ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/01/08 at 3:01 pm

How would they like it if I came knocking on their door screaming Trick or Treat? ;D

They might scream and run, or they would tell you that you can not wear your costume 24/7 ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/08 at 3:11 pm

They might scream and run, or they would tell you that you can not wear your costume 24/7 ;D ;D ;D

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 11:03 pm

I'll walk the streets dressed as a condom.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/02/08 at 6:09 am

I'll walk the streets dressed as a condom.
Now Howard, I am glad you are trying to be and advocate for safe s_x; but really do you need to worry about it ;) ;) ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/08 at 10:32 am

Now Howard, I am glad you are trying to be and advocate for safe s_x; but really do you need to worry about it ;) ;) ;)

BAM!  ;D

sorry Howard... that was pretty funny tho.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/08 at 5:15 pm

You're right that wouldn't be a good costume,would scare the kids away.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/08 at 5:15 pm

Did everyone have a happy Halloween?

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 7:58 pm

I did not have to work that nite so I was happy.... where I live Halloween is like Mardis Gras

Here's a video clip of what it looked like Friday night...

sorry who ever took this drops the f-bomb a few times  but look at the freakin' people! ! !

IV Halloween 2008

here's a clip from inside the crowd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJS5EPjdtjw&feature=related

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 8:07 pm

Just one more video.... this is what we do on halloween.  The guys in the dark uniforms work with me the ones in tan (I know a lot of them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtR_YIJrLJQ

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 5:35 am

My Halloween was ok.

Check for new replies or respond here...