inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Its only November 8th and I'm already listening to Christmas music! I'm I ODD!

Written By: ninny on 11/08/08 at 10:49 am

That's right I am currently listening to Christmas songs on Pandora on line radio. Is there anyone else that likes Christmas music this much? Tim says he hopes I don't listen to it all the time till Christmas or he will go bonkers!
Some of my favorites include..O' Holy Night,Silent Night, The First Noel,What Child Is This,Do You Hear What I Hear,Carol Of The Bells,The Little Drummer Boy,O' Come All Ye Faithful ( Adeste Fideles) O'Come O' Come Emanuel,well the list is to long so I'll stop now.

Subject: Re: Its only November 8th and I'm already listening to Christmas music! I'm I OD

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 11:18 am

yes you are odd but you knew that already!  ;)

I have a pretty strict rule.... no Christmas stuff until after my birthday (Dec 6 & 7)

No decorations no music nothing cuz (since I love to be the center of attention  ;) ) I don't want Christmas to outshine my day.

Oh and I celebrate two days because I was born on the 7th but I was born in Holland so technically my birthday arrives on the 6th in the states.  ;D

Subject: Re: Its only November 8th and I'm already listening to Christmas music! I'm I OD

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/08/08 at 11:51 am

(since I love to be the center of attention  ;)    ;D

Are you so sure you are the center of attention????  ???

You may have to fight for that position ;)

At least on these boards, maybe not for your birthday ::) ::) ::)

;D

Written By: ninny on 11/08/08 at 12:17 pm

yes you are odd but you knew that already!  ;)

I have a pretty strict rule.... no Christmas stuff until after my birthday (Dec 6 & 7)

No decorations no music nothing cuz (since I love to be the center of attention  ;) ) I don't want Christmas to outshine my day.

Oh and I celebrate two days because I was born on the 7th but I was born in Holland so technically my birthday arrives on the 6th in the states.   ;D

How did I know you would say I was odd ;D ;D
I don't do much on the decorations,too lazy to go out and buy them.Our tree doesn't go up till a week before Christmas (to many cats playing with ornaments)
Missy's birthday is the 17th and she hates it,because she doesn't get much,because of Christmas coming.
Tim has a daughter (Amber) from his first marriage who was born in Germany,I wonder if she ever thought of celebrating her birthday twice ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 12:19 pm

How did I know you would say I was odd ;D ;D
I don't do much on the decorations,too lazy to go out and buy them.Our tree doesn't go up till a week before Christmas (to many cats playing with ornaments)
Missy's birthday is the 17th and she hates it,because she doesn't get much,because of Christmas coming.
Tim has a daughter (Amber) from his first marriage who was born in Germany,I wonder if she ever thought of celebrating her birthday twice ;D

oh you said OD....sorry I read it wrong  ;D

I can relate. Well at least Missy won't have the baby around her birthday...can you imagine everyone's money would go to the shower gifts and Christmas....she'd be forgotten completely 

you should tell Amber to try it... its fun!

Subject: Re: Its only November 8th and I'm listening to Christmas music! I'm I ODD!

Written By: ninny on 11/08/08 at 12:39 pm

oh you said OD....sorry I read it wrong  ;D

I can relate. Well at least Missy won't have the baby around her birthday...can you imagine everyone's money would go to the shower gifts and Christmas....she'd be forgotten completely   

you should tell Amber to try it... its fun!

There I fixed it..now I'm ODD

Subject: Re: Its only November 8th and I'm listening to Christmas music! I'm I ODD!

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 12:43 pm

There I fixed it..now I'm ODD

;D

Subject: Re: Its only November 8th and I'm already listening to Christmas music! I'm I ODD!

Written By: gibbo on 11/08/08 at 2:47 pm

I wouldn't say you're odd Janine.  :)  Maybe, not exactly even is the way to describe it........ ;)

I love Christmas music also. :)  In December, even though I can't stand crowds, I sometimes go to the mall just to walk around and listen to the music!! Oh....and it's really hot here in December and the mall has aircon.... ;)

O Holy Night has been my favourite ever since I heard Benson sing it on TV.... ;D

Subject: Re: Its only November 8th and I'm already listening to Christmas music! I'm I ODD!

Written By: Howard on 11/08/08 at 2:55 pm

My favorite is Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano.But I agree,they put Christmas songs on way too early.

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 2:56 pm

My favorite is Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano.But I agree,they put Christmas songs on way too early.

there's a radio station here that starts playing christmas music thanksgiving day and they play it until Jan. 2nd  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/08 at 2:58 pm

Commercials on the radio concerning Christmas are being played on the radio....

Written By: Howard on 11/08/08 at 2:59 pm

there's a radio station here that starts playing christmas music thanksgiving day and they play it until Jan. 2nd  ::)

makes you want to turn off the radio. ::)

Written By: ninny on 11/08/08 at 7:08 pm

I wouldn't say you're odd Janine.  :)  Maybe, not exactly even is the way to describe it........ ;)

I love Christmas music also. :)  In December, even though I can't stand crowds, I sometimes go to the mall just to walk around and listen to the music!! Oh....and it's really hot here in December and the mall has aircon.... ;)

O Holy Night has been my favourite ever since I heard Benson sing it on TV.... ;D

Unbalanced maybe ;D

O Holy Night was my mothers all time favorite. :)

Written By: ninny on 11/08/08 at 7:11 pm

That is  a nice song. Usually about a week before Christmas I start to get alittle tired of hearing them,but then after Christmas I start to miss them.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 5:39 am

That is  a nice song. Usually about a week before Christmas I start to get alittle tired of hearing them,but then after Christmas I start to miss them.

and they might play it towards the end of Thanksgiving.

Written By: statsqueen on 11/09/08 at 10:19 am

We have a radio station in Grand Rapids that starts with the Christmas music on November 1.  I noticed Wal-Mart had a tree up right before Halloween and have Christmas music going now.  Micah called me yesterday and said a bunch of people on her floor were blasting Christmas music...she's not ready for it until after Thanksgiving.  I turn on the station once in a while because I, too, have my favorites.

Micah's is the 23rd, but she's never felt cheated (she is after all an only child and grandchild).  I always make sure we wrap birthday presents in birthday paper and Christmas presents in Christmas paper.  Besides, growing up, she always celebrated pretty much all month....cupcakes brought in to school, cupcakes brought in to daycare, party with friends early in December, then birthday dinner and presents with family on actual birthday.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/09/08 at 1:50 pm

Micah's is the 23rd, but she's never felt cheated (she is after all an only child and grandchild).  I always make sure we wrap birthday presents in birthday paper and Christmas presents in Christmas paper.  Besides, growing up, she always celebrated pretty much all month....cupcakes brought in to school, cupcakes brought in to daycare, party with friends early in December, then birthday dinner and presents with family on actual birthday.  ::)

I have a friend who had twins on the 21st of December.  They don't decorate for Christmas until after the birthday, but they do put up a birthday tree.  The kids aren't slighted in the least.

Written By: ninny on 11/09/08 at 3:05 pm

I have a friend who had twins on the 21st of December.  They don't decorate for Christmas until after the birthday, but they do put up a birthday tree.  The kids aren't slighted in the least.

The problem with our family(including the in-laws) is that When Missy got to about 9-10 she wanted her party at Pudgies Pizza like her brother(his b-day is in July)if there was snow half of the people would not come.Another problem was that her grandma was born on Dec 10th and she never got much growing up,so she told Missy to expect the same.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/08 at 3:12 pm

The problem with our family(including the in-laws) is that When Missy got to about 9-10 she wanted her party at Pudgies Pizza like her brother(his b-day is in July)if there was snow half of the people would not come.Another problem was that her grandma was born on Dec 10th and she never got much growing up,so she told Missy to expect the same.
So Missy is just like most other kids!!! :)  My grandma made it through the depression, so I always got things like - my favorite luncheon meat and etc.... for my birthday.  And part of my family would not make it to my birthday (4th of July) because they had other things going on!  My daughter Bre's birthday is Oct. 1 - and that is harvest time here in Iowas - so not all of her family can make it either (even though I consistently tell them that the corn will stand 3 hours >:()  People just do not like to be inconvenienced and those people will find anything to "inconvenience" them......

ENJOY YOUR Christmas music, it only comes once a year.... We just took down the halloween decorations and I am cleaning to start with the Christmas decorations - but I do put up 4 trees and way too much stuff

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 3:27 pm

So Missy is just like most other kids!!! :)  My grandma made it through the depression, so I always got things like - my favorite luncheon meat and etc.... for my birthday.  And part of my family would not make it to my birthday (4th of July) because they had other things going on!  My daughter Bre's birthday is Oct. 1 - and that is harvest time here in Iowas - so not all of her family can make it either (even though I consistently tell them that the corn will stand 3 hours >:()  People just do not like to be inconvenienced and those people will find anything to "inconvenience" them......

ENJOY YOUR Christmas music, it only comes once a year.... We just took down the halloween decorations and I am cleaning to start with the Christmas decorations - but I do put up 4 trees and way too much stuff

my friend's daughter has her birthday Apr 15th... no one ever showed up at her birthday parties..... ever  poor thing. 

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 4:50 pm

they also play Last Christmas By Wham! too sometimes.

Written By: ninny on 11/09/08 at 4:53 pm

they also play Last Christmas By Wham! too sometimes.

I don't think I ever heard of that.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 5:08 pm

I don't think I ever heard of that.

http://noolmusic.com/youtube_videos/last_christmas_i_gave_you_my_heart.php

Written By: ninny on 11/10/08 at 1:20 pm

4 trees are they all inside or do you decorate some outside. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/10/08 at 4:21 pm

radio stations should start playing christmas music in December,not November! ::)

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/10/08 at 10:41 pm

My local grocery store is already playing Christmas music!  :o Not to mention all the displays for Christmas decor and treats!

Written By: Howard on 11/11/08 at 7:29 am

My local grocery store is already playing Christmas music!  :o Not to mention all the displays for Christmas decor and treats!

Pathmark has been doing the same.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/08 at 11:08 am

Enya has a new album out and it features songs with a winter and Christmas feeling.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/08 at 2:58 pm

A lot of music artists have Christmas albums these days.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/08 at 4:14 pm

A lot of music artists have Christmas albums these days.
...and the old ones will be rehashed in time for Christmas.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/08 at 9:45 pm

...and the old ones will be rehashed in time for Christmas.

In about a month or so.

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/08 at 1:05 am

Ugh Delilah was playing Christmas music while I was driving home from LA.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/08 at 1:48 am

In about a month or so.
There are a couple of songs I do not mind hearing.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/08 at 6:42 am

There are a couple of songs I do not mind hearing.

I like Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/08 at 7:05 am

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl one I like

Written By: Howard on 11/12/08 at 7:10 pm

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl one I like

Which ones do you dislike?

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/08 at 12:38 am

probably this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKhJ9IQdWQ8

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/13/08 at 2:22 am

Jona Lewie is one for sure.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/13/08 at 2:45 am

Jona Lewie is one for sure.

And you will still find me in the kitchen at parties.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/13/08 at 2:46 am

The Macca one too!

Written By: Howard on 11/13/08 at 5:53 am

probably this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKhJ9IQdWQ8

It stinks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/13/08 at 7:13 am

It stinks.
It is a Christmas classic, but the dogs are not singing it, it is just pictures.

Written By: karen on 11/13/08 at 9:08 am

Ugh Delilah was playing Christmas music while I was driving home from LA.

Why, why why, Delilah?

Written By: ninny on 11/13/08 at 10:46 am

Why, why why, Delilah?

She must only play a few songs,I listened to her last night for about an hour and she didn't play any.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/08 at 12:00 pm

It is a Christmas classic, but the dogs are not singing it, it is just pictures.

I was just going for the song not the actual video.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/08 at 12:02 pm

She must only play a few songs,I listened to her last night for about an hour and she didn't play any.

on my way back from LA (90 minute drive but I only get the station that airs her show for half of it) every time I tuned to her program she had  a christmas song on. It was Tues night- Veteran's Day.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/13/08 at 12:03 pm

Enya has a new album out and it features songs with a winter and Christmas feeling.
Listening to this album again

Written By: karen on 11/13/08 at 1:46 pm

wait a minute.  I always got the impression you hated this song!

Written By: ninny on 11/13/08 at 1:48 pm

on my way back from LA (90 minute drive but I only get the station that airs her show for half of it) every time I tuned to her program she had  a christmas song on. It was Tues night- Veteran's Day.

It must have been a special night :)

Written By: Howard on 11/13/08 at 3:16 pm

wait a minute.  I always got the impression you hated this song!

Karen,I've gotten used to it maybe at first I disliked it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/13/08 at 3:40 pm

Listening to this album again
I can hear O Come, O Come, Emmanuel by Enya right now.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/08 at 4:09 pm

I like Donny Hathaway's Christmas songs.

Written By: snozberries on 11/14/08 at 9:24 am

I like Donny Hathaway's Christmas songs.

me too

Written By: Howard on 11/14/08 at 7:18 pm

The Jackson 5 also have some good christmas songs.

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/08 at 11:58 am

The Jackson 5 also have some good christmas songs.

Jackson 5, the Supremes and Joanie Bartels are the only christmas cds I listen to.... although occasionally, for nostalgia's sake, I'll throw on the Chipmunks.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/16/08 at 12:01 pm

Jackson 5, the Supremes and Joanie Bartels are the only christmas cds I listen to.... although occasionally, for nostalgia's sake, I'll throw on the Chipmunks.
I enjoy the "reader's digest" christmas record collection (I grew up with it, as my mom seemed to love them) and I also like Manheim Steamrollers and TransSiberian Orchestra christmas music ;D ;D ;D

Written By: ninny on 11/16/08 at 12:08 pm

I was just going for the song not the actual video.

I liked it
How about some Alvin & The Chipmunks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnrosVyamY#

Written By: ninny on 11/16/08 at 12:11 pm

I enjoy the "reader's digest" christmas record collection (I grew up with it, as my mom seemed to love them) and I also like Manheim Steamrollers and TransSiberian Orchestra christmas music ;D ;D ;D

I had The Time-Life collectors addition,I loved it,but somehow it mysteriously got lost or misplaced >:(

Written By: Howard on 11/16/08 at 5:04 pm

I liked it
How about some Alvin & The Chipmunks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnrosVyamY#

One of the funniest.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 5:57 am

One of the funniest.  ;D
You cannot beat Alvin & The Chipmunks

Written By: Howard on 11/17/08 at 6:10 am

You cannot beat Alvin & The Chipmunks

It's a classic.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 10:14 am

It's a classic.
Are the records re-released each year?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/08 at 12:35 pm

Now listening to Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy by Sir Terry Wogan and Aled Jones, yet to be released for charity at Christmas.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/08 at 4:53 pm

What do you mean by that?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/08 at 12:24 pm

they're always available on CD this time of year

Written By: Howard on 11/30/08 at 4:54 pm

My oldies radio station is playing christmas music for probably the next month so now I will listen to my rock station until they go back to the oldies.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/30/08 at 4:58 pm

OK, I'm doing the whole Christmas thing now, both TV specials and music.  Haven't decorated yet.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/08 at 5:03 pm

OK, I'm doing the whole Christmas thing now, both TV specials and music.  Haven't decorated yet.

did you see Charlie Brown Christmas?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/30/08 at 5:07 pm

did you see Charlie Brown Christmas?

Yes Sir and I also have it on DVD. :D

Written By: Howard on 11/30/08 at 5:08 pm

Yes Sir and I also have it on DVD. :D

I used to watch it but I'm not interested anymore.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/30/08 at 5:10 pm

I used to watch it but I'm not interested anymore.

I saw a Christmas special on youtube that I hadn't seen since I was 6.  There are time when I adore youtube.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/08 at 5:10 pm

I saw a Christmas special on youtube that I hadn't seen since I was 6.  There are time when I adore youtube.

Was it Christmas Eve on Sesame Street?

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/08 at 6:33 pm

I'm guessing it wasn't Christmas Eve on Sesame Street....so what was it?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/30/08 at 6:50 pm

I'm guessing it wasn't Christmas Eve on Sesame Street....so what was it?

The Night Before Christmas (done in 1969, a non Rankin/Bass)

Written By: snozberries on 11/30/08 at 6:55 pm

oh yeah I haven't seen that in years... I'll watch it next week.

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/30/08 at 7:34 pm

Maybe I'll check out some of the specials on TV this year...maybe it'll help me get into the spirit a little more.

Written By: ninny on 12/01/08 at 5:41 am

Maybe I'll check out some of the specials on TV this year...maybe it'll help me get into the spirit a little more.

Yes we always have to watch Rudolph and The little Drummer Boy.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/08 at 5:44 am

What about A Christmas Story?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/01/08 at 5:37 pm

What about A Christmas Story?

I watch that every year.  My parents haven't seen it.  Think I'll get them the DVD.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/08 at 5:38 pm

I watch that every year.  My parents haven't seen it.  Think I'll get them the DVD.

and it's the 25th anniversary.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/08 at 6:00 pm

Enya singing Oiche Chiun (Silent Night) is making me think of Christmas.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/08 at 7:31 am

23 more days till Christmas.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/02/08 at 9:40 am

and it's the 25th anniversary.

Why yes it is.  Fan have made pilgrimages to Ralphie's house to celebrate. :)

Written By: ninny on 12/02/08 at 10:16 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459299,00.html

Written By: Howard on 12/02/08 at 2:56 pm

Was Peter Billingsley there? ???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/02/08 at 4:14 pm

Was Peter Billingsley there? ???

Don't know, I knows he's been there some years.

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/08 at 7:37 pm

Don't know, I knows he's been there some years.

They should make a Christmas Story 2 with Ralphie now as a dad of some kid who's as bratty as he was  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/03/08 at 12:08 am

My antidote for the saccharine-sweet stuff is John Valby's Treasury of Xxxmas Classics

(John Valby has spent more than 30 years writing the some of filthiest parodies ever penned by man.  This isn't is only Christmas album, just his most recent, and it's still widely available from most online retailers.  It's a compilation of recordings from the early '90s to the around 2002-3.  Personal favorite:  In the Mood, which is just as good a song for Thanksgiving as it is for Christmas.)

Written By: ninny on 12/03/08 at 5:58 am

My antidote for the saccharine-sweet stuff is John Valby's Treasury of Xxxmas Classics

(John Valby has spent more than 30 years writing the some of filthiest parodies ever penned by man.  This isn't is only Christmas album, just his most recent, and it's still widely available from most online retailers.  It's a compilation of recordings from the early '90s to the around 2002-3.  Personal favorite:  In the Mood, which is just as good a song for Thanksgiving as it is for Christmas.)

My husband went and saw him for his bachelor party,that was over 19 years ago and he still talks about his show.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:00 am

They should make a Christmas Story 2 with Ralphie now as a dad of some kid who's as bratty as he was  ;D

Why couldn't they come up with a sequel?  ???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/08 at 11:13 am

Why couldn't they come up with a sequel?  ???

Because the "You'll shoot your eye out" line only works for one movie.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:15 pm

Because the "You'll shoot your eye out" line only works for one movie.

I think most of the actors and actresses in this film are still alive now? ???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/08 at 7:16 pm

I think most of the actors and actresses in this film are still alive now? ???

Probably, it wasn't that long ago.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:20 pm

Probably, it wasn't that long ago.

Peter Billingsley is alive,the father died a few years ago and the mother is alive too,not sure what happened to the younger child. ???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/08 at 7:23 pm

Peter Billingsley is alive,the father died a few years ago and the mother is alive too,not sure what happened to the younger child. ???

Didn't know the Dad died.  He was pretty good in that.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:25 pm

Didn't know the Dad died.  He was pretty good in that.

I can't remember his name. ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/05/08 at 11:52 am

When queuing at the Post Office this morning I heard on a distant radio Fairy Tale Of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl

Written By: Howard on 12/05/08 at 3:22 pm

Just yesterday I heard Dominick The Christmas Donkey.

Written By: ninny on 12/06/08 at 5:42 am

Yes Darren McGavin who played Old Man Parker died in 2006,Melinda Dillion who plays the mom is alive (she played the mom on Close Encounters of the Third Kind) Ian Petrella who plays the younger brother works in animation and puppetry now,he is now 33(34 Dec.17) and Peter is 37.  Peter was also known for his "Messy Marvin" chocolate syrup ads by Hersheys  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/06/08 at 5:44 am

Yes Darren McGavin who played Old Man Parker died in 2006,Melinda Dillion who plays the mom is alive (she played the mom on Close Encounters of the Third Kind) Ian Petrella who plays the younger brother works in animation and puppetry now,he is now 33(34 Dec.17) and Peter is 37.  Peter was also known for his "Messy Marvin" chocolate syrup ads by Hersheys  :)

Thanks Ninny. :)

Written By: ninny on 12/06/08 at 5:48 am

Thanks Ninny. :)

Your Welcome :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/07/08 at 2:07 am

My husband went and saw him for his bachelor party,that was over 19 years ago and he still talks about his show.

Yep, that's John Valby.  (I discovered him from the mid-1980s movie Losin' It, and all I remembered about the movie for years was the whorehouse piano player who sang Gang Bang, complete with filthy knock-knock jokes.  For about 10 years afterwards, I had no idea who he was, only that during that scene was the hardest I'd laughed in my life.  Then I discovered he wasn't just invented for the movie, but that he actually had a discography, and the rest was history...)

And you are gonna get him that CD as a stocking stuffer, even if you're not gonna let him play it in the house, right? :)

Written By: Howard on 12/07/08 at 7:00 am

I want my oldies back,How long is WCBSFM going to keep playing stupid christmas music?  >:(  ::)

Written By: KKay on 12/07/08 at 8:16 am

I want my oldies back,How long is WCBSFM going to keep playing stupid christmas music?  >:(  ::)
I'mwith you, Howard!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/07/08 at 8:20 am

At least until Christmas.

Written By: ninny on 12/07/08 at 8:27 am

Yep, that's John Valby.  (I discovered him from the mid-1980s movie Losin' It, and all I remembered about the movie for years was the whorehouse piano player who sang Gang Bang, complete with filthy knock-knock jokes.  For about 10 years afterwards, I had no idea who he was, only that during that scene was the hardest I'd laughed in my life.  Then I discovered he wasn't just invented for the movie, but that he actually had a discography, and the rest was history...)

And you are gonna get him that CD as a stocking stuffer, even if you're not gonna let him play it in the house, right? :)

I'm sure he would like that :)

Written By: Howard on 12/08/08 at 7:17 am

At least until Christmas.

They said after Christmas they'd put back on the oldies but until then I'm switching to Classic Rock.

Check for new replies or respond here...