inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you collect.

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 11:22 am

I don't recall seeing this here before... so share!

Feel free to post photos of your collections if you want.

I collect Barbies anything before 1999 because they changed Barbie's face a few years back and she looks kind of angry now.
I also collect Action Figures and toys related to TV shows
I collect anything with the number 44 on it (long story)
I collect DVDs
I don't collect CDs but I have a TON!  ;D

and as you all know I collect Autographs from, 8x10 of,  and pics of me with my fav celebs.

What do you collect?

Subject: Re: What do you collect.

Written By: whistledog on 11/08/08 at 11:55 am

I collect 45s and 12" Singles.  I used to collect cassette tapes, but when you amass over 3,000 of them, you tend to run out of space to store them all LOL

I collect TV on DVD.  Lately, it doesn't really matter what show it is; If it came out in the 80s, I'll probably get it lol

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 12:06 pm

I collect 45s and 12" Singles.  I used to collect cassette tapes, but when you amass over 3,000 of them, you tend to run out of space to store them all LOL

I collect TV on DVD.  Lately, it doesn't really matter what show it is; If it came out in the 80s, I'll probably get it lol

I'm with you. I hope, to make about $100 on my garage sale next week so that I can buy a larger DVD stand for my TV DVDs.

Written By: ninny on 11/08/08 at 12:06 pm

I don't do much collecting anymore. When I was a teenager I collected baseball cards,they were ruined after the apartment we lived in had a leak in the roof,and it leaked down into the metal file cabinet. I tried to collect porecelin clowns,but nobody would buy any for me,so my collection ended at 4. At one time I had bought missy(yes and me) over 50 of those little Kelly dolls

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 12:12 pm

I don't do much collecting anymore. When I was a teenager I collected baseball cards,they were ruined after the apartment we lived in had a leak in the roof,and it leaked down into the metal file cabinet. I tried to collect porecelin clowns,but nobody would buy any for me,so my collection ended at 4. At one time I had bought missy(yes and me) over 50 of those little Kelly dolls

thanks... I totally forgot.

I collect basketball  cards too...
and NBA starting line up toys
and Happy Meal Toys

I collect a lot of crap.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/08/08 at 12:14 pm

Frogs.  Snoz wouldn't like coming to my house. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 12:23 pm

Frogs.  Snoz wouldn't like coming to my house. ;D

I will not be there any time soon  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/08/08 at 12:49 pm

I collect Barbies anything before 1999 because they changed Barbie's face a few years back and she looks kind of angry now.

Angry???? Heck my 2 daughters have at least a dozen Barbies and most look like ho's!!!!  They have had a nose job, it is more upturned and pointy than ever before, they have silicon injected in their lips, their mouths are huge, terrible makeup, and they must use botox (because yes their forehead/eyebrows are at that weird angle that does not match the smile or lip purse ).......  They completely freak me out........... and don't get me started on those Bratz

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 12:55 pm

Angry???? Heck my 2 daughters have at least a dozen Barbies and most look like ho's!!!!  They have had a nose job, it is more upturned and pointy than ever before, they have silicon injected in their lips, their mouths are huge, terrible makeup, and they must use botox (because yes their forehead/eyebrows are at that weird angle that does not match the smile or lip purse ).......  They completely freak me out........... and don't get me started on those Bratz

I was trying to be nice about it  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/08 at 1:00 pm

Sorry, my friend. It has been done before.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29159.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=2254.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=8064.0

And I believe there was another thread that was on the old board so it is only available in the archives.

That's ok. It has been a while.

Ok, here is my list (even though you can look at any one of those old threads to find it  :D ;D ;D ).

Money.  ;D ;D ;D  More specifically coins-which I'm sure is a surprise to people around here.  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D
Cat figurines-but haven't been actively been collecting for years because I ran out of room to display them and many are still in boxes.
Tee shirts
Match books-again I haven't been actively collecting in a while.

I could make a joke about collecting dust.  :D ;D ;D

and Happy Meal Toys

You should meet one of my sisters. I think she probably has every single Happy Meal Toy that has ever been made-and duplicates of many, too. I don't think she even knows how many she has.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/08/08 at 1:02 pm

I was trying to be nice about it  ;D
Oh I am sorry, my "niceness" must have went out the window around 1:00am and now I am just blunt (maybe even edgey)!  And I have a 10year old's swimming/pizza party to go to - God Save me

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 1:02 pm

Sorry, my friend. It has been done before.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29159.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=2254.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=8064.0

And I believe there was another thread that was on the old board so it is only available in the archives.

That's ok. It has been a while.

Ok, here is my list (even though you can look at any one of those old threads to find it  :D ;D ;D ).

Money.  ;D ;D ;D  More specifically coins-which I'm sure is a surprise to people around here.  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D
Cat figurines-but haven't been actively been collecting for years because I ran out of room to display them and many are still in boxes.
Tee shirts
Match books-again I haven't been actively collecting in a while.

I could make a joke about collecting dust.  :D ;D ;D

You should meet one of my sisters. I think she probably has every single Happy Meal Toy that has ever been made-and duplicates of many, too. I don't think she even knows how many she has.

Cat

ah well.... at least no ones talked about it since 2007  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 1:04 pm

Oh I am sorry, my "niceness" must have went out the window around 1:00am and now I am just blunt (maybe even edgey)!  And I have a 10year old's swimming/pizza party to go to - God Save me

then today is the perfect day to start collecting 10 year olds  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/08/08 at 1:18 pm

then today is the perfect day to start collecting 10 year olds  ;D
That could get you into trouble in sooooooo many ways, and :( :( :( being a teacher - I better not! But the thought has not crossed my mind! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 1:21 pm

That could get you into trouble in sooooooo many ways, and :( :( :( being a teacher - I better not! But the thought has not crossed my mind! ;D ;D ;D

maybe I'm a little sleep deprived myself.  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/08/08 at 1:25 pm

maybe I'm a little sleep deprived myself.  ;D
Wait, can sleep deprivation get me off most charges?

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 1:30 pm

Wait, can sleep deprivation get me off most charges?

no I've already tried...it doesn't count as temporary insanity either  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/08/08 at 1:46 pm

no I've already tried...it doesn't count as temporary insanity either  ;D
Rats >:( >:( >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 11/08/08 at 2:02 pm

and don't get me started on those Bratz

I hear you.  I refused to let my daughter have a Bratz doll.  They all look like little hookers.

Written By: karen on 11/08/08 at 2:27 pm

I collect bookmarks of places I've visited
silver charms for my charm bracelet again usually tied to a holiday or occasion
PenDelfin rabbits - just the babies

Written By: Howard on 11/08/08 at 2:33 pm

I used to collect Michael Jackson memorabilia since 1987.
Wrestling stuff for the past 20 years.
Casettes and CDs.

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 2:58 pm

I used to collect Michael Jackson memorabilia since 1987.
Wrestling stuff for the past 20 years.
Casettes and CDs.

do you still have your michael jackson stuff? I'm sure apollonia would be interested

Written By: Howard on 11/08/08 at 3:04 pm

do you still have your michael jackson stuff? I'm sure apollonia would be interested

yes from 1987.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/08/08 at 9:49 pm

Oooh! My ears are burning! Someone's talking about me!  ;D

Howard will you PLEASE PM me if you decide to part with some of your MJ trinkets, please?

And thanks Snoz for suggesting me!

Back on topic:

I collect three major things I can think of off the top of my head:

Michael Jackson memorobilia. I have dolls, shirts, posters, dvds, etc. It's pretty excessive and I'm always looking for more. (Oh, Howard!... ;) )
Prince memorobilia. Vinyle, posters, cds... :( kind of excessive too. Can't really say "no" to Prince.
Jimmy Stewart movies. I have about 10 of his movies and am always hanging around the classic movie stations poised to tape another one and buying copies from the movie store. LOL.

That's about it.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/08 at 9:51 pm

Howard will you PLEASE PM me if you decide to part with some of your MJ trinkets, please?

Back on topic:

Michael Jackson memorobilia. I have dolls, shirts, posters, dvds, etc. It's pretty excessive and I'm always looking for more. (Oh, Howard!... ;) )
Prince memorobilia. Vinyle, posters, cds... :( kind of excessive too. Can't really say "no" to Prince.
Jimmy Stewart movies. I have about 10 of his movies and am always hanging around the classic movie stations poised to tape another one and buying copies from the movie store. LOL.

That's about it.  ;D

Michael Jackson, Prince and Jimmy Stewart?  Hmmm I had no idea  ::)

;D  you are such an open book! 

BTW you're welcome I was trying to warm him up so you could come in for the close!  ;)

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/08/08 at 10:49 pm

I like to collect mostly TV shows on DVD, CD's, and vinyl records. I also used to collect issues of Seventeen magazine, mostly from 1977-1982, with a few issues from 1983-1989.  :)

Written By: Andria on 11/08/08 at 11:07 pm

I collect all kinds of things, such as pocket calculators, Wurlitzer, Hammond and other electric organs, console stereos, vinyl records (specifically, novelty songs, comedy recordings and K-tel, Ronco, Columbia House and other brands of mixed rock, pop and country LPs from the 1960s to the mid-1980s), old license plates, ash trays,"Wise Guys" figurines (those little off-white vinyl ones that say things like "World's Best Golfer" and are sarcastic or humorous in nature, with the example that I mentioned bending his golf club over one knee), garden statuary,  antique or interesting golf balls, humorous books (Dave Barry, Art Linkletter, Patrick McManus, Erma Bombeck, collections of strange news stories and/or stupid crimes and The Darwin Awards are my favorites), political memorabilia and anything related to DuPont Corporation and Schlitz Brewing. (My father is an exterminator who enjoys painting cars, fences and buildings, reloading spent ammunition cartridges, is a Jeff Gordon fan and drinks a lot of beer, so one can easily see why I like DuPont and Schlitz.) BTW, I have two storage units full of console stereos, organs (the musical instrument, not the body part), books, political lawn signs, lawn gnomes and records. :)

Written By: Jessica on 11/08/08 at 11:34 pm

I mostly collect fat around my body.

Written By: Andria on 11/09/08 at 12:28 am

That too. ;)

Written By: Gis on 11/09/08 at 4:53 am

Would you like some of mine? I have to fit in a bridesmaid dress in march and at the moment it ain't gonna happen.  :o

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 5:23 am

Back on topic:

That's about it.  ;D

So that would mean "ANYTHING" Michael?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/08 at 6:32 am

Feel free to post photos of your collections if you want.

Well I am GOBSMACKED .... to read that YOU too, collect Barbie dolls.  :o    Yes, I'll bet you never knew that about me, either !  ???

I just gotta share this pic .... of my  pride and joy with you ... and I very much doubt you have HER ... in your collection ......

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/830/1979aablackbarbievintagjh3.jpg
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4020/1979aablackbarbievintaggs4.jpg

Look 'vaguely'  familiar ?     ???  ???

:P

:D

;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/08 at 9:20 am

Do dust bunnies and cobwebs count - Man this house needs a cleaning.......... :-[

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 11:21 am

I mostly collecjavascript:void(0);t fat around my body.

Would you like some of mine? I have to fit in a bridesmaid dress in march and at the moment it ain't gonna happen.  :o

;D

great idea... Hey Jess. I have some you can have too... I mean you can never have too much in your collection right  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 11:23 am

Well I am GOBSMACKED .... to read that YOU too, collect Barbie dolls.  :o    Yes, I'll bet you never knew that about me, either !  ???

I just gotta share this pic .... of my  pride and joy with you ... and I very much doubt you have HER ... in your collection ......

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/830/1979aablackbarbievintagjh3.jpg
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4020/1979aablackbarbievintaggs4.jpg

Look 'vaguely'  familiar ?     ???  ???

:P

:D

;D

I like it!  Thx. Wanna send me the real deal?  ;D

Did you know that Barbie was created in 1959 but they didn't make the first black Barbie until 1980?

Yes they had Barbie's black friend Christie in the 60s but the black version of Barbie herself took 21 years to create.

Hispanic Barbie came way later than that.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/09/08 at 2:27 pm

Michael Jackson, Prince and Jimmy Stewart?  Hmmm I had no idea  ::)

;D  you are such an open book! 

BTW you're welcome I was trying to warm him up so you could come in for the close!  ;)

LOL. I guess I mention them a bit.  ::) But thanks for buttering up Howard.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/08 at 2:47 pm

I like it!  Thx. Wanna send me the real deal?  ;D

Did you know that Barbie was created in 1959 but they didn't make the first black Barbie until 1980?

Yes they had Barbie's black friend Christie in the 60s but the black version of Barbie herself took 21 years to create.

Hispanic Barbie came way later than that.
There must be one on ebay?

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 2:48 pm

There must be one on ebay?

I have a black barbie in my collection Philip but not one with my face on it.  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/08 at 2:53 pm

LOL. I guess I mention them a bit.  ::) But thanks for buttering up Howard.  ;D
I for one did not realize that you were a Jimmy Stewart fan!  (Is this all Jimmy Stewart memorabilia, or from his Western's or earlier movies - Harvey, It's a Wonderful Life, The Glen Miller Story, Rear Window, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington etc...)?

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 3:29 pm

I for one did not realize that you were a Jimmy Stewart fan!  (Is this all Jimmy Stewart memorabilia, or from his Western's or earlier movies - Harvey, It's a Wonderful Life, The Glen Miller Story, Rear Window, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington etc...)?

wow you missed the whole Ask me about Jimmy Stewart thread.... just kidding.  She doesn't have a thread like that but she started two threads (one recent and one a month or two ago) that mentioned her love of all things Jimmy.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/08 at 3:31 pm

wow you missed the whole Ask me about Jimmy Stewart thread.... just kidding.  She doesn't have a thread like that but she started two threads (one recent and one a month or two ago) that mentioned her love of all things Jimmy.

Poke my eyes out, I missed them :o :o :o

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 4:49 pm

Playboys and Penthouse.  ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/08 at 4:49 pm

and Kleenex boxes ?

Written By: ninny on 11/09/08 at 4:52 pm

I had a total brain fart. I'm lying in bed watching Tv when it dawned on me,DUH I collect teddy bears,I have about 35 on my headboard only
my favs are Ty & Russ bears.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/08 at 4:55 pm

Over the years I have collected autographs, with now too many to mention.

Now I have gotten into the habit of having a photograph with a celeb.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 5:06 pm

and Kleenex boxes ?

No,only for blowing my nose,not my privates. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 11/09/08 at 5:08 pm

I had a total brain fart. I'm lying in bed watching Tv when it dawned on me,DUH I collect teddy bears,I have about 35 on my headboard only
my favs are Ty & Russ bears.

I love those they are so soft and fluffy.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/08 at 5:10 pm

No,only for blowing my nose,not my privates. ::)

Although you DO 'blow' your 'private parts'.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 5:12 pm

Although you DO 'blow' your 'private parts'.

In what way Alan? ::)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/08 at 5:14 pm

In what way Alan? ::)

No comment ... other than it involves what you reckon you collect. ^

Written By: Howard on 11/09/08 at 5:17 pm

No comment ... other than it involves what you reckon you collect. ^

want a few of them?  ;D ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/08 at 5:20 pm

want a few of them?  ;D ;)

After you've 'stuck' the pages together ? Uuh .... no thanks, Howard.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/09/08 at 7:23 pm

and Kleenex boxes ?
now that is WRONG ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 11/09/08 at 7:27 pm

Actual Playboys?  Why Howard, I didn't know you went in for that sort of thing :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/09/08 at 7:39 pm

Actual Playboys?  Why Howard, I didn't know you went in for that sort of thing :D

Sir Billzy WILL be jealous !

Written By: Howard on 11/10/08 at 6:08 am

no, the magazines. ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/10/08 at 6:08 am

Sir Billzy WILL be jealous !

No he won't.

Written By: annimal on 07/30/18 at 5:03 pm

medicine bottles

Written By: Howard on 07/31/18 at 7:22 am

cans and bottles

Written By: annimal on 07/31/18 at 11:01 am

I have started to collect those things off Pepsi cans

Written By: nally on 09/29/18 at 10:54 am

I might have posted in another thread similar to this, but I'll just post in this one anyways.

I have collected baseball cards for over 30 years (and I currently have about 9,600 of them); I also collect marbles (and currently have 375 of them, as shown in one photo on the Show Us Your Collection thread). I also have a collection of VHS videos.

Written By: annimal on 09/29/18 at 11:01 am

I had baseball cards at some time

Written By: Howard on 09/29/18 at 2:19 pm

30 years ago I used to collect Garbage Pail Kids cards.

Check for new replies or respond here...