inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What happened to inthe00s (SHORT)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 9:19 pm

He locked the DAMNED thread !  >:(

THE  HOTTEST thread on this board .... locked so HE could have time to catch up with  it all ! As for us ... well we can just go to blazes !  >:(

How ARE we supposed to get OUR fix !    >:(

Yes .. this is what has REALLY happened to the 00s !  Killjoys have infiltrated the works !  :\'(

What can we do, what can we do ?  I know ! What if  SOMEBODY  ::)  :-X ... starts a thread ... with a VERY similar title ... couldn't / WOULDN'T people just continue the fun in THERE ?  ???  :-\\

Well ... it MIGHT be a bit of extra work ... but people COULD always quote some posts from THAT one (can't remember what it was called .. think it might have a similar name to this thread ?  ::) ) ... and whack 'em in here ?

Anything's worth a try ?  ???

:P

:D

;D

Subject: Re: What happened to inthe00s (SHORT)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 9:23 pm

the original thread was stopped before we got the answer to the question.

somehow, I knew this thread would be started but I didn't know who would do it. 

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 9:26 pm

but but but... I'm still only on page 14....

the original thread was stopped before we got the answer to the question.

somehow, I knew this thread would be started but I didn't know who would do it. 

oh come on you totally knew who it would be!  ;)

Written By: Tam on 11/23/08 at 9:26 pm

Should I lock this now so that it will remain SHORT? Hahaha!!! ;D ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 9:28 pm

Well ... I promise one thing ........ I won't lock it !                              :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 9:29 pm

don't you go and pull a Palin on us.    ABUSE of POWER    ;D 

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/23/08 at 9:41 pm

In fairness people wanted a response from me in that thread, and I think it's only right to do that. But hey it's gonna take some time, and I wanna do it before the thread has a chance to get 300 new replies and gets lost in the shuffle.

I was busy this weekend, and I WILL get back to everyone but I need time. You can't have it both ways guys. ;)

And also, sometimes you HAVE to go into detail to explain yourself adequately. If I do that but you choose to skip over it because you dislike long posts, well that's not my problem. I already admitted I went overboard and I apologize there, but it was theraputic.

We're adults or at least older teens on here (like 16+), we're all old enough to comprehend a few paragraphs.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 9:46 pm

In fairness people wanted a response from me in that thread, and I think it's only right to do that. But hey it's gonna take some time, and I wanna do it before the thread has a chance to get 300 new replies and gets lost in the shuffle.

YOu can't have it both ways guys. ;)

And also, sometimes you HAVE to go into detail to explain yourself adequately. If I do that but you choose to skip over it because you dislike long posts, well that's not my problem.

We're adults or at least older teens on here (like 16+), we're all old enough to comprehend a few paragraphs.
no matter what, I think the thread was highly popular and getting a lot of involvement, some on topic, some off topic, but it created a stir and people were posting at a maniacal rate in your thread. I just hate to see fires quenched in the Playful Penguin Place, but it's your decision alone.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 9:57 pm

don't you go and pull a Palin on us.     ABUSE of POWER    ;D 

I have to disagree with you there, Mike. Palin never abused power. Think he'd be JUST the person for the job !

http://picnic.ciao.com/uk/9034874.jpg
Yeth men ... a stoning of a McFly is MANDATORY !

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/4c/Biggus.jpg
By woyal pwoclomation ... we SHALL 'we-lease'  ... the secwet weapon !'

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7281/firststoneut6.jpg
All hailstone McFly !

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 9:58 pm

Did McFly post here ?  ???  :o  I never saw it !  ::)    ;)    ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 10:00 pm

I have to disagree with you there, Mike. Palin never abused power.

I know she didn't just as Tam didn't  ::)  , I'm a Palin fan all the way.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/23/08 at 10:05 pm

no matter what, I think the thread was highly popular and getting a lot of involvement, some on topic, some off topic, but it created a stir and people were posting at a maniacal rate in your thread. I just hate to see fires quenched in the Playful Penguin Place, but it's your decision alone.

True Mike, but I think people who are asking for me to get back to them on certain points deserve a response, and beings that I take awhile with posting, it might get buried before I can finish.

For the record I'll say real quickly, I dont have a problem with anyone as a human being. I simply might be annoyed at certain posting styles or behaviors they do, but I don't dislike anyone for who they ARE, that's not how I roll. If I say I'm a nice guy and compassionate and Liberal I mean it, but we all make mistakes.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 10:10 pm

True Mike, but I think people who are asking for me to get back to them on certain points deserve a response, and beings that I take awhile with posting, it might get buried before I can finish.

For the record I'll say real quickly, I dont have a problem with anyone as a human being. I simply might be annoyed at certain posting styles or behaviors they do, but I don't dislike anyone for who they ARE, that's not how I roll. If I say I'm a nice guy and compassionate and Liberal I mean it, but we all make mistakes.

quasi liberal but that's okay  ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/23/08 at 10:10 pm

1.  When you do unlock the thread, post a sincere apology because the ones you did in the thread kinda sucked, to say the least.

2.  Make sure you don't ignore posts anymore.  Some people actually have good advice even if at first glance their posting style appears hostile.

3.  Stop fearing change.

8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 10:12 pm

yes, we all do make mistakes and we're all a bit hypocritical at times. as for the posts getting buried that you want to respond to , yeah, they will get buried because that thread was hopping and ya killed it. I think you could have just kept track of which page the threads you wanted to reply to were on and that would have been sufficient. honestly, there's probably too much now for anyone to keep up with and reply to, but good luck Jess.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/23/08 at 10:17 pm

quasi liberal but that's okay  ;)

I have to say this really quick, but you're one of those people I like talking to and even when we disagree on things I can still see your point of view, and still dig conversing with you. That's rare, but I think it's pretty cool. :)

BTW Rice - I'm sorry if I upset anyone personally, but I'm not sorry for saying how I feel, if that makes sense. I think in order to understand any behavior you also have to understand where it came from. If I said certain people's behavior or traits or posting styles didn't annoy me I'd be lying. I know the way I did it was disrespectful and that totally deviates from my usual "nice guy/liberal" persona, and I'm not excusing that. But sometimes we have to be honest too.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/08 at 10:20 pm

sometimes we have to be honest too.
not when it will hurt someone. sometimes it's better to keep that honesty to yourself and share those feelings privately with a trusted friend

Written By: Jessica on 11/23/08 at 10:27 pm

not when it will hurt someone. sometimes it's better to keep that honesty to yourself and share those feelings privately with a trusted friend

Well, I can't speak for the others who were singled out, but I honestly can say that it didn't bother me.  Like I said before, I compare it to the way my almost four year old acts sometimes.  One minute he's screaming and crying because I told him not to do something potentially fatal and the next he's kissing my ass.

However, I don't expect ass kissing from McFly. :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 10:27 pm

yes, we all do make mistakes and we're all a bit hypocritical at times. as for the posts getting buried that you want to respond to , yeah, they will get buried because that thread was hopping and ya killed it. I think you could have just kept track of which page the threads you wanted to reply to were on and that would have been sufficient. honestly, there's probably too much now for anyone to keep up with and reply to, but good luck Jess.

that's what I was doing... I felt like if I responded as I read something I wanted to comment on it was better to do it in the moment...even at the risk of echoing another member... just so I could keep my train of thought going.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 10:30 pm

I have to say this really quick, but you're one of those people I like talking to and even when we disagree on things I can still see your point of view, and still dig conversing with you. That's rare, but I think it's pretty cool. :)

thank you.  And I can see your point too. I do hope that comes across in my posts. I am genuinely interested in talking to someone who has different ideas- not to sway you to my side or anything but to see if I can get you to see my pov as I try to do the same with your pov. The world would be quite boring if we all agreed on everything.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/23/08 at 10:32 pm

The world would be quite boring if we all agreed on everything.

I disagree.

Written By: Jessica on 11/23/08 at 10:32 pm

I disagree.

I agree.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/23/08 at 10:33 pm

I agree.

Did we just agree to disagree?

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 10:41 pm

what would we discuss if we agreed on everything.. .

Me: Wow Cheesecake sucks
You: Yes it does

us:  :-\\

but if we disagree

ME: Wow Cheesecale sucks
YOU: I like cheesecake
ME I can't stand it its too rich and sweet
YOU that's what I like about it...plus you can get lots of different flavors.
ME: Good you can have mine then.

see that was much better conversation  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/23/08 at 10:43 pm

I disagree with your assessment of cheesecake, but I will defend to the death your right to say it sucks :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 10:52 pm

I have to disagree with you there, Mike. Palin never abused power. Think he'd be JUST the person for the job !

http://picnic.ciao.com/uk/9034874.jpg
Yeth men ... a stoning of a McFly is MANDATORY !

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/4c/Biggus.jpg
By woyal pwoclomation ... we SHALL 'we-lease'  ... the secwet weapon !'

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7281/firststoneut6.jpg
All hailstone McFly !

Oh stop!!!!  I just may be forced to give you a great big hug. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:00 pm

dude what is happening to this board? Now people are threatening to hug Mr. Mister... I think I just entered the Twilight Zone...

and why do I keep saying dude?  Must be the drugs.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:01 pm

dude what is happening to this board? Now people are threatening to hug Mr. Mister... I think I just entered the Twilight Zone...

No, it's his Monty Python references. :)  That's why the hug.  As for you saying dude.  Drugs'll bring the californian out in ANYONE!!!

Written By: Jessica on 11/23/08 at 11:01 pm

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE...........................................

Written By: Tam on 11/23/08 at 11:02 pm

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE...........................................

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.................................

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 11:03 pm

Oh stop!!!!   I just may be forced to give you a great big hug. :)

If ONLY ^   8)    we weren't united merely as 1's and 0's !     :(

I just might give you one back. (Not to mention .... a big WET sloppy kiss !    ???    :o      :o ) .

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/08 at 11:04 pm

dude

where's my car?

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:04 pm

If ONLY ^   8)    we weren't united merely as 1's and 0's !     :(

I just might give you one back. (Not to mention .... a big WET sloppy kiss !    ???    :o      :o ) .

8-P

Lock the thread! Lock the thread!  too late image firmly cemented in brain.... must have cookies!

Written By: Tam on 11/23/08 at 11:05 pm

To lock, or not to lock.....

That is the question ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:06 pm

8-P

Lock the thread! Lock the thread!  too late image firmly cemented in brain.... must have cookies!

I was trying not to imagine anything.  Too bad you did.  Don't forget the Mountain Dew.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:07 pm

I'm going to get back to work...you lot are starting to make me feel sick!  8-P

here let me cough on you  *cough* *cough*

its always better to give than receive.... well almost always  ::)    ;)    ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:07 pm

I was trying not to imagine anything.  Too bad you did.  Don't forget the Mountain Dew.

ew kinky
  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 11:08 pm

Looks like Erin and McFly ... might have nauseating competition in this thread !                    :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:10 pm

ew kinky
  ;D

*sigh*

The cookies and Mountain Dew are suggested comfort foods for you after you've been traumatized.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:12 pm

Looks like Erin and McFly ... might have nauseating competition in this thread !                    :D

if anyone starts talking about group dating I am leaving right after I http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i170/sc00pgirl/Blinkies/vomit-smiley-007.gif

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:12 pm

*sigh*

The cookies and Mountain Dew are suggested comfort foods for you after you've been traumatized.  Nothing more, nothing less.

oh sorry  :-\\

;D 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:14 pm

Oh great now I don't feel so good.  I am so sick of hearing about them.

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/08 at 11:15 pm

to hell with the tame stuff.  If you wanna get sick, all you gotta do is this ...

HA made you scroll down all that way for nothing :P

Written By: Tam on 11/23/08 at 11:16 pm

JASON!!!

So irritating! >:( ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:16 pm

to hell with the tame stuff.  If you wanna get sick, all you gotta do is this ...

Hey, that was kind of fun. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:17 pm

JASON!!!

So irritating! >:( ;D

yep now he's gonna give alan ideas.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/23/08 at 11:19 pm

Joy!

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:21 pm

Joy!

& Pain!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:21 pm

Joy!

It's the little things that bring happiness.  Like Alan's thought process.  (Wonder if he knows I'm kidding)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:21 pm

& Pain!

Sunshine

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:23 pm

Sunshine

& Rain

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 11:26 pm

Wow ! That was a helluva lot of spaces !    :o

You DO have potential !  8)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:27 pm

Wow ! That was a helluva lot of spaces !    :o

You DO have potential !   8)

;D

you interrupted my jam

Chorus:
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Verse 1:
Well I'm the new kid, I'm just comin' up
A lot of rappers think that I can't tear it up
Well I'm 'a show 'em and ignore 'em
And when they think I ain't lookin' I floor 'em
I mean take 'em out I keep groovin'
A slick bass line keep the beat movin'
They can't take it they just fake it
They wonder how the Rob Base make it
I get ill, you know the deal
Cuz this is how the Rob Base feels
Chorus
Verse 2:
I keep smokin', hot like fire
You had the turn, now retire
Don't talk back, I'm not a new jack
Cuz I'm fresher than you, an' you're whacked
I keep tryin', I'm not lyin'
Up to number 1 is where I'm flyin'
I won't slow down cuz I'm the new kid
With the devastatin' sound that hits
In the house where I used to practice
No one knew the Rob exists, but now
I'm gettin' greedy, don't lead me
The wrong way cuz is just might, might, might
Bring me down, I'll have to fight to get back up
Move away cuz I just won't slack up
Chorus
Verse 3:
Now, I go to shows to watch other MCs rock
And if they're good, I don't knock
The way they perform cuz I like to see a good show
After that, go play C-low, y'know
Cuz I'm a leader, no I'm not a follower
And MCs like you I swallow 'em
So don't look and try to judge me
Because you think that I'm another MC, well
I'm the new kind, I just moved around
But that don't mean I can't rip up the town
Me an' my boys, we make noise
I hate MCs that think they're with toys
I'm hittin' harder than any other MC
Who try to come up and go against me
Chorus
Verse 4
Not from the old school or from the new
Applaud the boom, do what you want to
Talk to me then try to put me down
We used to be cool now we don't hang around
Used to be friends but now we're foes
Ask me why, man, no one knows
Maybe jealousy between you and me
Could be the fame, could be the money
I'm goin' for mine and I don't really care
Cuz the spotlight Rob Base don't share
I'm the headliner of this show
And you're just a kid and you need to grow, because
Chorus

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/23/08 at 11:30 pm

you interrupted my jam

Chorus:
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Verse 1:
Well I'm the new kid, I'm just comin' up
A lot of rappers think that I can't tear it up
Well I'm 'a show 'em and ignore 'em
And when they think I ain't lookin' I floor 'em
I mean take 'em out I keep groovin'
A slick bass line keep the beat movin'
They can't take it they just fake it
They wonder how the Rob Base make it
I get ill, you know the deal
Cuz this is how the Rob Base feels
Chorus
Verse 2:
I keep smokin', hot like fire
You had the turn, now retire
Don't talk back, I'm not a new jack
Cuz I'm fresher than you, an' you're whacked
I keep tryin', I'm not lyin'
Up to number 1 is where I'm flyin'
I won't slow down cuz I'm the new kid
With the devastatin' sound that hits
In the house where I used to practice
No one knew the Rob exists, but now
I'm gettin' greedy, don't lead me
The wrong way cuz is just might, might, might
Bring me down, I'll have to fight to get back up
Move away cuz I just won't slack up
Chorus
Verse 3:
Now, I go to shows to watch other MCs rock
And if they're good, I don't knock
The way they perform cuz I like to see a good show
After that, go play C-low, y'know
Cuz I'm a leader, no I'm not a follower
And MCs like you I swallow 'em
So don't look and try to judge me
Because you think that I'm another MC, well
I'm the new kind, I just moved around
But that don't mean I can't rip up the town
Me an' my boys, we make noise
I hate MCs that think they're with toys
I'm hittin' harder than any other MC
Who try to come up and go against me
Chorus
Verse 4
Not from the old school or from the new
Applaud the boom, do what you want to
Talk to me then try to put me down
We used to be cool now we don't hang around
Used to be friends but now we're foes
Ask me why, man, no one knows
Maybe jealousy between you and me
Could be the fame, could be the money
I'm goin' for mine and I don't really care
Cuz the spotlight Rob Base don't share
I'm the headliner of this show
And you're just a kid and you need to grow, because
Chorus

Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock were great.  Eminem has nothing on them.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/23/08 at 11:30 pm

It's the little things that bring happiness.  Like Alan's thought process.  (Wonder if he knows I'm kidding)

Substitute 'willy' for 'thought process' .... and I'd have to say you got it !   :)

DOh ! ....  did I reveal that !    :-[   :-[     :(

:P     ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/08 at 11:57 pm

little willy huh?  :-X

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/24/08 at 3:33 am

little willy huh?   :-X
he won't go home

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/24/08 at 4:36 am

I was busy this weekend, and I WILL get back to everyone but I need time. You can't have it both ways guys. ;)

And also, sometimes you HAVE to go into detail to explain yourself adequately. If I do that but you choose to skip over it because you dislike long posts, well that's not my problem. I already admitted I went overboard and I apologize there, but it was theraputic.

I teach high schoolers, I am not so sure :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/24/08 at 5:03 am

^ Depends on the person, Sami. ;)

I've noticed all teenagers get a bad rap because of the dumber/more punk acting ones. 8-13 years ago when I was that age, I hated being lumped in with them, since I was never really that way.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/24/08 at 5:11 am

Well the 'worship you know who' thread .... may be just the LATEST thread to be locked ....... but ... THIS one AIN'T ! :D

So !  (  8)  ;D  )

(Post by Al-B)  :

Re: The Worship Marty McFly Thread!!!
« Reply #59 on: Today at 06:28:05 PM »

Not for the reasons you all want, but because I believe that Marty owes Phillip Eno an apology for his earlier comments. Phillip has never said a cross word towards anyone and he never gets involved in the occasional dust-ups that happen in here from time to time, he just comes in here and does his own thing. To be honest, if, say 6 months ago, someone was to tell me that Phillip would be involved in even the slightest of controversies I would've said they were smoking crack. And if someone told me that he'd be in a feud with Marty McFly I would've said they must be high on PCP.

Yep .. the guy (Philip Eno)  DOES seem to go out of his way ... to stay silent / NOT get involved ... even though he is a HUGE part of this board.  You can take that various ways .... but it does require SOME discipline ?    :-\\  ... well he's certainly got something I ain't ... not so easily stirred.  8)

I HAVE seen the recent response by McFly ... and the reaction by Philip ... in the now  (for the time being ) unlocked LONG version of this thread. I will percolate, watch what others have to say ... before commenting further ?    :-\\

Written By: Howard on 11/24/08 at 5:51 am

Is this the short or long version? ???

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/24/08 at 6:17 am

I DO think the answer might be above your 'huh' smiley Howard  (a little bit to the right)  .... but I COULD be wrong ?

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:08 pm

I teach high schoolers, I am not so sure :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

^ Depends on the person, Sami. ;)

I've noticed all teenagers get a bad rap because of the dumber/more punk acting ones. 8-13 years ago when I was that age, I hated being lumped in with them, since I was never really that way.

Sami?  Hey Cynthia...that's kinda cute...I wanna call you sami too....can I huh? PLEASE!!!!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:10 pm

Is this the short or long version? ???

I DO think the answer might be above your 'huh' smiley Howard  (a little bit to the right)  .... but I COULD be wrong ?

Is there a Capt. ObLIvious pic you can post?  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/08 at 1:11 pm

Will the short version become longer than the medium version?

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:13 pm

I think it might already be...

Written By: karen on 11/24/08 at 1:17 pm

Is there a Capt. ObLIvious pic you can post?  ;D

http://brettduncan.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/captain-oblivious.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:19 pm

http://brettduncan.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/captain-oblivious.jpg

and there you have it... now all we need is for Alan to work his magic and we have two Howard super heroes.

;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/24/08 at 1:33 pm

and there you have it... now all we need is for Alan to work his magic and we have two Howard super heroes.

;D

Hey thanks Snoz. I'm not usually up at this time ... only had 3 hours sleep, so ..not really up to 'working my magic' just yet.  However .. I WILL give it a shot. Hopefully it'll be a passable effort.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5527/captainoblivioushi9.jpg

Something like this ?  ^    ???

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/08 at 1:34 pm

Hey thanks Snoz. I'm not usually up at this time ... only had 3 hours sleep, so ..not really up to 'working my magic' just yet.  However .. I WILL give it a shot. Hopefully it'll be a passable effort.

Something like this ?  ^     ???

;D
Your alarm seems to work wonders?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/24/08 at 1:36 pm

Your alarm seems to work wonders?

I'm going back to bed ... need more sleep ... DEFINITELY.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:37 pm

Something like this ?  ^     ???

;D

yes, yes you did fine... now we have Howard as Captain Obvious and Capt. Oblivious and can pull these out whenever the proper situation arises... Thanks

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/08 at 1:37 pm

I'm going back to bed ... need more sleep ... DEFINITELY.

me too..

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/24/08 at 1:53 pm

Cheers ... although being half awake ... well I didn't notice the neck bit too well, ... sorta oblivious, so maybe this is SLIGHTLY better.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2295/captainoblivioustj4.jpg

Messed around with it a bit more ... although the prog. played up on me a bit. Anyway, I think that'll do. NOW  I can go back  to bed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/08 at 1:59 pm

Cheers ... although being half awake ... well I didn't notice the neck bit too well, ... sorta oblivious, so maybe this is SLIGHTLY better.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2295/captainoblivioustj4.jpg

Messed around with it a bit more ... although the prog. played up on me a bit. Anyway, I think that'll do. NOW  I can go back  to bed.
Night Night!!

Written By: Howard on 11/24/08 at 4:58 pm

Something like this ?  ^     ???

;D

To The rescue. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/24/08 at 5:21 pm

To The rescue. ;D

::)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7187/captainobviouscopyoz4.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/25/08 at 7:54 am

So now I'm a superhero?  ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/25/08 at 7:57 am

So now I'm a superhero?  ;D

Howard to the rescue !  Damsels in distress................ WHO needs that INSUFFERABLE 'McFly'  !   >:(

;D 

Written By: Howard on 11/25/08 at 8:00 am

http://captainhoward.com/

;D^

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/08 at 9:59 pm

::)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7187/captainobviouscopyoz4.jpg

didn't this picture used to be bigger?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 2:23 am

A bigger ego?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 5:09 am

I'm sure it WAS .. but have forgotten where it was I posted the larger pic ?

Maybe in McFly long ? ... around 17 th ?

Unfortunately ....... it appears I did NOT save the larger pic .... but instead... the 'avatar' size ... that I thought Howard might like to adopt ? 

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 5:10 am

Jessica  ... or Karen    would probably know .... if you're THAT interested ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 5:38 am

I'm sure it WAS .. but have forgotten where it was I posted the larger pic ?

Maybe in McFly long ? ... around 17 th ?

Unfortunately ....... it appears I did NOT save the larger pic .... but instead... the 'avatar' size ... that I thought Howard might like to adopt ? 
We need a search party to go and find it.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 5:44 am

We need a search party to go and find it.

I'd probably knock up a new one much sooner .. but the avatar size one ... DOES get across the same message ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:04 am

I'd probably knock up a new one much sooner .. but the avatar size one ... DOES get across the same message ?
It would be in your "last posts", but how far back in time do you think you need to go?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 6:19 am

It would be in your "last posts", but how far back in time do you think you need to go?

Today ......... MY time ... is close to midnight, November 26. That avatar sized pic is date stamped Nov 17 (my time again).

I thought about looking back through my OWN posts ... but ... with the slow board / only being able to go backwards TWO at a time (I don't believe I can go back  faster ) .... and I've made heaps of posts. Might be quicker to look back through Karen's or Jessica's posts ... to find where it was (whoever posts less) ... I know Karen supplied/ Jessica suggested.

If I got on to it ... maybe I will ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:27 am

Today ......... MY time ... is close to midnight, November 26. That avatar sized pic is date stamped Nov 17 (my time again).

I thought about looking back through my OWN posts ... but ... with the slow board / only being able to go backwards TWO at a time (I don't believe I can go back  faster ) .... and I've made heaps of posts. Might be quicker to look back through Karen's or Jessica's posts ... to find where it was (whoever posts less) ... I know Karen supplied/ Jessica suggested.

This one?

http://img246.imagevenue.com/loc356/th_89188_ChuckyAl2_122_356lo.jpg
Ah, MY hero !   ::)  8)

That ^  popular person :-\\  gets WAY too much attention !  >:(    ???  ::)  Eat yer heart out, Marty !   :P   ;D

It's patently obvious, that you're alluding to .... but not OBVIOUSLY talking about  ???  ??? :-\\  .......

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4156/captainobviousnw3.jpg

But then it could be ...

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7996/talkingtomevd7.gif

Are you talking to ME ?    ???

I do HUMBLY apologize  :-PLAYFUL (look up that word)  penguin place .... I take that right back !   :P  :P

;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 6:32 am

Doh .... my memory is faulty ! Got confused with Karen's Captain Oblivious offering .. and Jessica's Captain Obvious ..

Went off on a bit of a red herring ... looking through Karen posts first .. since I figured she'd have less ... faster (faster than looking through my own). When THAT didn't work .... same strategy for Jessica .. look around Nov. 17 ...... FOUND !

Page 39 of your OWN 'I'm leaving the board's thread' .......... so here it is .. once more ...... for POST-erity !

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 6:34 am

And now I see .. you found it somewhere ........ why DID I bother ?

I'm sure it would've been faster to just start again (find 'Cap. Obvious, re photoshop).

Thanks Snoz ... for wasting even MORE of my 'valuable'   ::)  ;) time !    :P 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:36 am

I'm sure it would've been faster to just start again (find 'Cap. Obvious, re photoshop).

Thanks Snoz ... for wasting even MORE of my 'valuable'    ::)  ;) time !     :P 
Anyone else wishing to have a go at finding it?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 6:38 am

Doh .... my memory is faulty ! Got confused with Karen's Captain Oblivious offering .. and Jessica's Captain Obvious ..

Went off on a bit of a red herring ... looking through Karen posts first .. since I figured she'd have less ... faster (faster than looking through my own). When THAT didn't work .... same strategy for Jessica .. look around Nov. 17 ...... FOUND !

Page 39 of your OWN 'I'm leaving the board's thread' .......... so here it is .. once more ...... for POST-erity !

What is my mission today?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 6:39 am

Well ... my thought processes were largely successful, as it turned out .... probably aided you to .... to mention the approx. date.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 6:39 am

Is it not obvious ?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 6:41 am

Is it not obvious ?

No I can't see it. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 6:44 am

No I can't see it. ;D

Then what hope have we ?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 6:45 am

Then what hope have we ?

It's not obvious.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:47 am

To solve this recession crisis we are all suffering from at the moment.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:48 am

...by Friday.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 6:48 am

Only Captain Bloomberg will help you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:50 am

Only Captain Bloomberg will help you.
Is he available?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 6:50 am

Is he available?

Not at the moment.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:51 am

Not at the moment.
Anyone else?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 6:53 am

Anyone else?

Barack Obama?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 6:54 am

Barack Obama?
He has not started working yet.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 6:54 am

He has not started working yet.

Then we'll have to wait till January.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 7:00 am

Then we'll have to wait till January.
He is busy arranging for his furniture to be moved.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 7:01 am

He is busy arranging for his furniture to be moved.

A moving experience ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 7:03 am

A moving experience ?
...going up market.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 7:11 am

Relieving one's bowels ........ also a 'moving experience' ........ but did I just go 'DOWN market' ? 

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/26/08 at 7:17 am

Relieving one's bowels ........ also a 'moving experience' ........ but did I just go 'DOWN market' ? 
Shouldn't your avatar be more of a Gremlin of this nature?????

http://yaketyyak.blogspot.com/gremlins.jpg

More Fitting???? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 7:19 am

Just like I did the other day. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 7:41 am

Shouldn't your avatar be more of a Gremlin of this nature?????

http://yaketyyak.blogspot.com/gremlins.jpg

More Fitting???? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe down the track ? ... but I did like the more 'cutesy' soft / huggable gremlin ... which I do feel is closer to my true nature ?

On the other hand ... maybe I'm NOT really Chucky in disguise ... but actually another incarnation of Andria ... so .... all that stuff about my 'true'  nature .... well that's just what OTHERS ... 'say about me' ( to be taken with a mountain of salt !  )

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/26/08 at 8:16 am

Maybe down the track ? ... but I did like the more 'cutesy' soft / huggable gremlin ... which I do feel is closer to my true nature ?

On the other hand ... maybe I'm NOT really Chucky in disguise ... but actually another incarnation of Andria ... so .... all that stuff about my 'true'  nature .... well that's just what OTHERS ... 'say about me' ( to be taken with a mountain of salt !  )

http://psychonia.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/shocked.jpg
http://trafficcomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/shocked.png
http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~ytl/personal/images/Shocked.jpg
http://www.erichufschmid.net/AmericanReactionToDanger.JPG

DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS MISTER!!!!

You Frighten people and small animals ;D ;D ;D

Refer back to Flaming A--hole on Urban Dictionary ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/08 at 4:18 pm

but for those of us with bad eyes ....  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/08 at 4:21 pm

Thanks Snoz ... for wasting even MORE of my 'valuable'    ::)  ;) time !     :P 

anytime  ;D

thank you philip for finding the original.... now I have both saved and ready for use as needed  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/08 at 4:22 pm

anytime  ;D

thank you philip for finding the original.... now I have both saved and ready for use as needed  ;)

Thanks, no problem

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 7:20 pm

anytime  ;D

Hey ! I found it (too) .... even if I was slightly later .... from actually the FIRST posting spot of the 'modified' 'Obvious'. Had I not supplied Phil the date ... he'd've been floundering !

Sometimes, I get NO credit !  >:(  :(    :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/08 at 7:45 pm

Hey ! I found it (too) .... even if I was slightly later .... from actually the FIRST posting spot of the 'modified' 'Obvious'. Had I not supplied Phil the date ... he'd've been floundering !

Sometimes, I get NO credit !   >:(   :(    :\'(

but he found it first... and you just got lucky on the date since you were using karen (not jessica) as the original supplier... what'dya want karma or something?  Well you're not gonna get it.... cuz I gave ya some last night.  ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/26/08 at 7:52 pm

but he found it first... and you just got lucky on the date since you were using karen (not jessica) as the original supplier... what'dya want karma or something?  Well you're not gonna get it.... cuz I gave ya some last night.  ;)

No ... I wasn't after /seeking  'that' ...   ::)

I did not get 'lucky'. It was a scientific process.  I coulda certainly found it by going through my OWN posts ... but since I reckoned I'd probably posted more than either of THEM ... thought it would be quicker to flick through their posts. Started with karen ... coz I thought she'd  have less posts of the two ... to just look for that pic. Not a bad strategey ... coz I found out within 2 mins ... it was not there.  Another couple ... to do the same for Jessica.

Looking at the date stamp on the avatar ... well, I was sure I made that on the same date ... so ... that too, was scientific. No 'luck'   ::) involved ... as far as I'm concerned !   :P

Written By: Howard on 11/26/08 at 8:48 pm

I have to make a BM.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/08 at 12:20 am

Following the LATEST 'pearls of wisdom' from my 'mate' ... McFly  in 'affairs of the heart thread ... I'll make it easy for you ....   http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=34832.msg1819941#msg1819941

I have now revised my personal  feeling about being sad if he quit the board ... from 49 % sad, 51 % happy  .... to 80 % happy !  Think I've just about had it ... with somebody ... who starts a thread ... in PLAYFUL penguin place ... and keeps harping on about how we're not being serious enough to his topic ... or whatever !  ::)

Why the hell did he start it .. in THIS area ? Coz he figured maybe there's more 'traffic' here .... he can get more attention ?

Please, please, spare me, and my fellow clowns .. the lectures ........ we're here for fun,  not for YOU. If you don't like the way this board has evolved .. then ... kindly take your valuable    SERIOUS    posts .... elsewhere !  ???      ::) 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/27/08 at 12:23 am

^ I think the part where you say you are happy for him to leave should have been in a PM.

Rest of post is agreeable.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/08 at 12:44 am

^ I think the part where you say you are happy for him to leave should have been in a PM.

Rest of post is agreeable.

You're entitled to your opinion ... and  ... we'll agree to disagree.

He's been VERY personal in criticism's of Philip ... myself ... and others here. Now, whilst 'two wrongs' don't necessarily make a 'right' ... if HE thinks he can just 'let off steam' ... in PPP  ... which is where I and many like minded members play ... and try to dampen our freedom of thought ... freedom of spontaneity ... coz HE wants to keep us on topic / addressing his serious posts ... which frankly ... should NOT be in this area .. in the first place ... well . ...    as perhaps the CHIEF ass-clown in this section of the board .. I'm gonna defend those rights /freedoms ... vigorously !  To be carrying on with references to our 'maturity' in THIS section .. noting how we're 50 +  ... don't you think THAT should have been in a PM ? If he ever PM's me ... I'll probably unload a few choice expletives his way ... he'll get NO further ... nor ANY different reaction !

I will speak for what I believe ... to be the SILENT majority .. be their self-appointed spokesperson. We will then see if they agree, or disagree. Judging on the reaction I've seen here in the last 2- 3 weeks (?) .... I'd say I'm on reasonably safe ground here ... and that McFly ... is  definitely alienating himself, further and further ... from the majority of us who DO regularly post in this area.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/27/08 at 12:45 am

*shrug*  Mmmk.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 1:37 am

I think that MM is digging a deeper hole for himself.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/27/08 at 4:59 am

I think that MM is digging a deeper hole for himself.

See my recent proposal in 'Affairs of  the Heart' .... I think this CAN be resolved, amicably (although I doubt I'll ever be feeling any of that PERSONALLY ... henceforth ... towards him) .

Written By: Howard on 11/27/08 at 5:35 am

What kind of game does a turkey play?

"Boggle,Boggle".  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/08 at 1:15 pm

What kind of game does a turkey play?

"Boggle,Boggle".  ;D
\

I think that's a dyslexic turkey Howard  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/27/08 at 6:05 pm

\

I think that's a dyslexic turkey Howard  ;D

No he plays Boggle. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 6:16 am

No he plays Boggle. ;D
haven't played Boogle for ages!

Written By: Howard on 11/28/08 at 7:04 am

haven't played Boogle for ages!

I haven't played it in years but it is a good game.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 7:07 am

I haven't played it in years but it is a good game.
We played it one Christmas during the 90s

Written By: Howard on 11/28/08 at 7:07 am

We played it one Christmas during the 90s

It is a pretty easy game.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 7:14 am

It is a pretty easy game.
I enjoyed it, till I kept winning

Written By: Howard on 11/28/08 at 7:15 am

I enjoyed it, till I kept winning

Was it easy?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 7:39 am

Was it easy?  ???
For someone who is used to doing crosswords it is.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/08 at 2:22 pm

There's a website where you can play Boggle on line for free.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 3:14 pm

There's a website where you can play Boggle on line for free.
Brilliant but where?

Written By: Howard on 11/29/08 at 5:56 am

Brilliant but where?

games.com

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/08 at 6:30 am

games.com
I look later.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/08 at 6:30 am

games.com
It is free?

Written By: Howard on 11/29/08 at 2:51 pm

It is free?

I think you would need to download the Adobe Flash Player in order to play it.
But yes,it is free.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/08 at 3:42 pm

I think you would need to download the Adobe Flash Player in order to play it.
But yes,it is free.
That I have already, I tried it out soon.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/08 at 5:48 am

That I have already, I tried it out soon.

And how was the game?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/08 at 4:21 am

And how was the game?
Still have not tried it yet.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/08 at 7:24 am

Still have not tried it yet.

Ok,take your time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/08 at 7:25 am

Ok,take your time.
I'll get my dictionary ready first.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/08 at 7:42 am

They also have Jeopardy and Family Feud.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/08 at 4:41 pm

They also have Jeopardy and Family Feud.
Oh dear, I could neglect my duties for here.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/08 at 7:18 am

Oh dear, I could neglect my duties for here.

That game can be very addicting.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/08 at 4:27 am

That game can be very addicting.
I could not locate Boggle on games.com.

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 6:26 am

I could not locate Boggle on games.com.

did you try Jeopardy or Price Is Right? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/08 at 6:28 am

did you try Jeopardy or Price Is Right? ???
No not yet.

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 6:28 am

No not yet.

Those are good games,I recommend it.

Check for new replies or respond here...