inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happy Turkey Day

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 2:24 am

It is the last Thursday in November so means it is Thanksgiving Day.

Enjoy your day and turkey.

http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/smiley.gif

Subject: Re: Happy Turkey Day

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/27/08 at 3:26 am

It is the last Thursday in November so means it is Thanksgiving Day.

Enjoy your day and turkey.

http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/smiley.gif
thank you Philip

http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/4.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 3:45 am

Just to verify, it is all right to say "Happy Turkey Day" on Thanksgiving?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/27/08 at 3:52 am

Just to verify, it is all right to say "Happy Turkey Day" on Thanksgiving?
sure, I don't find it disrespectful and people say that mainly because the typical meal of the day involves turkey and hopefully they will all be thankful for that tasty bird and for so many other things as well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 3:53 am

sure, I don't find it disrespectful and people say that mainly because the typical meal of the day involves turkey and hopefully they will all be thankful for that tasty bird and for so many other things as well.
I see if I can have a turkey sandwich today when I am out.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/27/08 at 3:54 am

that's a good plan.  I had one for dinner

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/27/08 at 5:23 am

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Turkey day to all, (who celebrate) I will be busy cooking all day lots of family coming. :)

Written By: Howard on 11/27/08 at 5:33 am

Happy Thanksgiving.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 5:40 am

There was no turkey sandwich in shop, so I had chicken instead.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/08 at 5:42 am

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Turkey day to all, (who celebrate) I will be busy cooking all day lots of family coming. :)

What wil you be cooking?

Written By: ninny on 11/27/08 at 5:53 am

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/27/08 at 6:31 am

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!  I will be having to do a lot of running, so I left you a post in the " How You Feeling" thread with some THanksgiving funnies on it!

Take Care, Drive Safe, and Have Fun ;D

Written By: Paul on 11/27/08 at 6:55 am

Happy day to all...

I can't can't quite grasp the concept of having a day off on Thursday, only to go back on the Friday!

If that happened in Britain, there'd be a whole load of wallahs having a very long weekend!  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/08 at 7:17 am

Happy day to all...

I can't can't quite grasp the concept of having a day off on Thursday, only to go back on the Friday!

If that happened in Britain, there'd be a whole load of wallahs having a very long weekend!  ::)

I'll vote for it!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/27/08 at 8:22 am

Happy Thanksgiving all! :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/27/08 at 10:21 am

Happy Turkey Day.

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/08 at 11:54 am

Happy Spanksgiving, peeps!

The bird is in the oven, the pies are done, and I'll make mashed potatoes, rolls, and gravy in another hour or so. :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/27/08 at 11:57 am

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=47085535

Death to turkey!  Get in my BELLY!!!!

:D :D

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/08 at 12:09 pm

Happy day to all...

Most people get the Friday after it off, unless they're in retail.  We also have a grand old tradition of going out the Friday after Thanksgiving and hitting all the sales in the shops.  I don't think it's going to be that big this year though.... :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/08 at 12:41 pm

Most people get the Friday after it off, unless they're in retail.  We also have a grand old tradition of going out the Friday after Thanksgiving and hitting all the sales in the shops.  I don't think it's going to be that big this year though.... :-\\

I think its Kohls that opens at 4am...most other places open at 5am  I wish I had an exta 600 bucks... sears has a front load washer AND dryer for $599!

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/08 at 12:41 pm

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lins84/thanksgiving.jpg

Written By: Davester on 11/27/08 at 3:47 pm

Happy day to all...

We're off Thursday through Sunday.  I'll go ahead and burn one of my few remaining days of vacation Monday to go get the tree...

Five dayz off!  w00t..!

Happy Thanksgiving board..!

Written By: Howard on 11/27/08 at 5:46 pm

Just came back from Charlie Brown's Steakhouse and had a delicious turkey dinner and for dessert,Pumpkin Pie w/coffee.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/27/08 at 6:20 pm

We're off Thursday through Sunday.  I'll go ahead and burn one of my few remaining days of vacation Monday to go get the tree...

Five dayz off!  w00t..!

Happy Thanksgiving board..!
me too, I'll return to work on Tuesday and I think Saturday we are going to get a Christmas tree.

Just came back from Charlie Brown's Steakhouse and had a delicious turkey dinner and for dessert,Pumpkin Pie w/coffee.
omg, I miss Charlie Browns. that used to be our favorite restaurant. 

so Thanksgiving family get-together and feast is done, we just dropped off Dianes mom & dad and are now home. the fellowship with Lady Di's family was very enjoyable and the food was wonderful.  now to make some tea, kick off the shoes and throw in a Christmas movie and just relax for the rest of the evening.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/27/08 at 6:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  How many people are staying home tomorrow despite it being Black Friday?  *sheepishly raises hand*  I hate shopping.

Written By: karen on 11/27/08 at 6:50 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  How many people are staying home tomorrow despite it being Black Friday?  *sheepishly raises hand*  I hate shopping.

We are toying with going this year.  :-\\  Though perhaps not at 4 am

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/27/08 at 6:56 pm

^ More like 10:30 AM :D

Written By: wildcard on 11/27/08 at 7:09 pm

XXX    :D

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/Thanksgiving/turkeysmiley.gifhttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/Thanksgiving/cornucopia1.gif

Written By: loki 13 on 11/27/08 at 7:19 pm

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Now that all the excitement is over I am
sitting back, smoking an Ashton and drinking a decent cup of coffee, not that Pumpkin
spice crap my brother brought over.  :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/27/08 at 7:21 pm

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Now that all the excitement is over I am
sitting back, smoking an Ashton and drinking a decent cup of coffee, not that Pumpkin
spice crap my brother brought over.  :P

Pumpkin spice crap is for people who can't handle pure Colombian.  Those poor people.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/27/08 at 7:24 pm

I am staying home, I refuse to shop on black Friday.  Too many people makes me flip out.  Not a pretty sight.  We will be re-arranging the living room and putting up the tree.

We spent the afternoon at my aunts house.  It was fun, the cousins all played a couple of games and just chatted.  I had a really good time.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/27/08 at 7:28 pm

I am staying home, I refuse to shop on black Friday.  Too many people makes me flip out.  Not a pretty sight.  We will be re-arranging the living room and putting up the tree.

We spent the afternoon at my aunts house.  It was fun, the cousins all played a couple of games and just chatted.  I had a really good time.

Yeah, somehow watching people cramped into a mall does nothing for me either.  I'm glad someone else is hell-bent on just taken it easy. :)

Written By: wildcard on 11/27/08 at 7:42 pm

Our family and Aunt and Uncle haven't eaten yet.  All I know is they brought down a Big Bird xxx big turkey.  It's a family tradition to play Canasta  so I played some of that.

and I'm not shopping tommorow

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/27/08 at 8:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

This year was really nice! I enjoyed the day with my mother and some friends. We had turkey, stuffing, green beans, broccoli, candied yams, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and carrot cupcakes. We had some light rain showers today, but I don't mind that much. We sure could use any rain we can get out here!  :)

Written By: wildcard on 11/28/08 at 12:51 am

okay I had turkey, masked potatoes w/ gravy, stuffing, black eyed peas, and pumpkin that tasted like vinallia extract.  Then we played some more cards.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/28/08 at 5:40 am

*raise both hands on this(with gusto)*. 

I hate shopping, and "Black Friday" is about as just a bit too.......I don't know, but you won't catch me out there.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/08 at 7:12 am

I hate shopping, and "Black Friday" is about as just a bit too.......I don't know, but you won't catch me out there.

Me neither,I'm not standing outside at 4 in the morning. ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/28/08 at 8:31 am

Wonder if anyone's doing Black Friday webcam.  For some reason I like people being insane over stuff they could have bought in October.  Dang it some of us need personal space!!!!

Written By: ninny on 11/28/08 at 8:54 am

I know,I'm not a shopper myself. I think I've only shopped on Black Friday once in my life time,and that was only because some friends wanted to shop.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 9:31 am

I know,I'm not a shopper myself. I think I've only shopped on Black Friday once in my life time,and that was only because some friends wanted to shop.
I stay away from the shops in the first place, it is cheaper that way.

Written By: ninny on 11/28/08 at 9:35 am

Bad year this year,we already told the kids don't expect much. They are older so it helps,they understand most of the money is for bills and groceries.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 9:37 am

Bad year this year,we already told the kids don't expect much. They are older so it helps,they understand most of the money is for bills and groceries.
Buy them an orange for Christmas, like during the Victorian era.

Written By: ninny on 11/28/08 at 9:41 am

Buy them an orange for Christmas, like during the Victorian era.

They both like oranges ;D We will probably just give them some money. We are still trying to save to buy necessity's for Missy's baby when he is born.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 9:46 am

They both like oranges ;D We will probably just give them some money. We are still trying to save to buy necessity's for Missy's baby when he is born.
...give them money to buy there oranges?

Written By: ninny on 11/28/08 at 10:39 am

...give them money to buy there oranges?

Somehow I don't think they would buy oranges. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 11:31 am

Somehow I don't think they would buy oranges. ;D
That is the youth today.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/08 at 2:10 pm

It's better to go on the computer,that way you won't get trampled.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/08 at 3:21 pm

It's better to go on the computer,that way you won't get trampled.
...but you can still spend money that way.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/08 at 8:14 pm

A Creole Thanksgiving in Brooklyn.

My brother and sister-in-law got a turducken.  I was skeptical at first, because it sounded too much like turd-duckin', however, it was the best T-giving dinner I've had since I don't know when.  He's a chef, so that helps.  He had his own recipes for stuffing and cranberry sauce, which were also scrumptious.  They also prepared a spicy Cajun soup with shrimp and crayfish.  The shrimp and the stock were excellent.  I'd never had crawdad before.  Once you get past the exoskeleton, there just ain't much to 'em!  They're awkward for soup because you can't eat the shells, so you have to fish them out and crack them on a separate plate while they're slippery from the broth.  Makes a mess.  Of course, they had the usual side dishes of mashed, squash and whatever greens, which I can never get too psyched over no matter what's been done with them. 

The best of the desserts was a fresh capuccino cheesecake from Junior's bakery.  Often imitated rarely dupicated.  It's a kind of, um, cheese-based ecstasy!

And of course, there was a lot of champagne going around!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/occasion16.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/28/08 at 8:19 pm

My brother and sister-in-law got a turducken.  I was skeptical at first, because it sounded too much like turd-duckin', however, it was the best T-giving dinner I've had since I don't know when.  He's a chef, so that helps.  He had his own recipes for stuffing and crandberry sauce, which were also scrumptious.  They also prepared a spicy Cajun soup with shrimp and crayfish.  The shrimp and the broth were excellent.  I'd never had crawdad before.  Once you get past the exoskeleton, there just ain't much to 'em!  They're awkward for soup because you can't eat the shells, so you have to fish them out and crack them on a separate plate while they're slippery from the broth.  Makes a mess.  Of course, they had the usual side dishes of mashed, squash and whatever greens, which I can never get too psyched over no matter what's been done with them. 

The best of the desserts was a fresh capuccino cheesecake from Junior's bakery.  Sarah-Lee it ain't.  It's a kind of, um, cheese-based ecstasy!

oh man, that sounds fantastic, especialy the turducken and cheesecake. I saw Paula Deen make the triple bird on the food network, lots of work goes into that. It's gotta be nice to have a chef in the family. anyways, me & Diane were talking about those today and I said I'd probably like to have a turkey and a duck cooked seperately and no need for chicken since we eat that all the time. 

did you snag some leftovers to take home?

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/28/08 at 8:33 pm

My brother and sister-in-law got a turducken.  I was skeptical at first, because it sounded too much like turd-duckin', however, it was the best T-giving dinner I've had since I don't know when.  He's a chef, so that helps.  He had his own recipes for stuffing and cranberry sauce, which were also scrumptious.  They also prepared a spicy Cajun soup with shrimp and crayfish.  The shrimp and the stock were excellent.  I'd never had crawdad before.  Once you get past the exoskeleton, there just ain't much to 'em!  They're awkward for soup because you can't eat the shells, so you have to fish them out and crack them on a separate plate while they're slippery from the broth.  Makes a mess.  Of course, they had the usual side dishes of mashed, squash and whatever greens, which I can never get too psyched over no matter what's been done with them. 

The best of the desserts was a fresh capuccino cheesecake from Junior's bakery.  Often imitated rarely dupicated.  It's a kind of, um, cheese-based ecstasy!

I wanted to get a Turduckin - Sam's club had them for sale; but alas I was too late  :( :( :( :(

I love Duck, and moist turkey... I think this would help keep the Turkey from drying out :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/08 at 10:22 pm

oh man, that sounds fantastic, especialy the turducken and cheesecake. I saw Paula Deen make the triple bird on the food network, lots of work goes into that. It's gotta be nice to have a chef in the family. anyways, me & Diane were talking about those today and I said I'd probably like to have a turkey and a duck cooked seperately and no need for chicken since we eat that all the time. 

did you snag some leftovers to take home?

Oh yeah...
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif
I've only got rudimentary kitchen survival skills. 

Stuart (my stepbrother) said he was inspired to learn the culinary arts because our parents' cooking was so atrocious!  He ain't lying.  I'm a lifelong finicky eater because of the gut-churning fare my folks used to cook up!  He's not working as a chef right now because of ongoing knee problems.  I didn't realize until he started telling me stories about the profession how vicious and relentless the competition and the pace gets both outside and inside the kitchen.  There is some truth represented on those "Top Chef" shows.  The profession has more in common with ER medicine and pro-ball than it does cooking in your own home.  If you're not prepared to run about frantically every shift with everybody yelling at you, you're going to burn out.  Some people can't stand the cut-throat competition (if you're the saucier, the salad prep guy might want your position, so he's hoping to make you look bad in front of the head chef, etc.) and sometimes it's physiological impediments, as it was with Stu.  I'm hoping he'll be able to ply his trade again.  Maybe his novel will get published and be a big hit...never say never!
:P

Written By: Howard on 11/29/08 at 5:40 am

...but you can still spend money that way.

but you can avoid getting trampled on like Walmart.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/10 at 4:47 pm

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/10 at 5:01 pm

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Not yet. Next Thursday.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/20/10 at 5:29 pm

Looking forward to stuffing myself at a friend's house full of turkey,stuffing,cranberry sauce,yams and maybe dessert.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/10 at 12:58 am

Not yet. Next Thursday.

Cat
Just getting ready for everyone, for they must be busy getting ready for the big day.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/10 at 7:05 am

I'm going to a friend's house.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/10 at 7:07 am

I'm going to a friend's house.
I will be looking for my turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/24/10 at 2:35 pm

Heading to the in-laws tomorrow...  :)  Hope you all have a wonderful day/weekend!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/10 at 3:09 pm

I may have to settle with a chicken sandwich for tomorrow.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/24/10 at 7:31 pm

lot's to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving all you groovy inthe00s people  8)

Written By: Howard on 11/24/10 at 9:23 pm

having Dinner at my friend's house and also my Mother made delicious nibbles to bring with me. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/10 at 1:17 am

It's arrived!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/10 at 6:45 am

WHEEEEE!!!!!!  My favorite holiday!  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/25/10 at 7:03 am

WHEEEEE!!!!!!  My favorite holiday!  :)

Mine too,It's all quiet around New York City this morning.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/10 at 7:05 am

Mine too,It's all quiet around New York City this morning.

Everyone is over at the Macy's T-Day parade

Written By: Howard on 11/25/10 at 7:09 am

braving the cold while I'm in my nice warm home.

Written By: karen on 11/25/10 at 8:38 am

I will be looking for my turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich

Tescos have them

Written By: karen on 11/25/10 at 8:39 am

If you can find a place to view it (and don't keep getting moved on by the police) it's a great show

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/10 at 8:56 am

If you can find a place to view it (and don't keep getting moved on by the police) it's a great show

My living room on televison, warm, food, and no need for waiting in line at the porta potty.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/25/10 at 8:59 am

Yay!  I love Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, all!  Enjoy the day with your families. :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/25/10 at 9:09 am

Happy Thanksgiving all! :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/10 at 10:26 am

I'm at work.... all I can say is there better be yams when we eat at 2!

Written By: Gis on 11/25/10 at 10:31 am

Have a great day one and all.  :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/25/10 at 11:08 am

The part of the Macy's Parade that made it all worthwhile: new Pokemon Reshiram and Zekrom. And standby Pikachu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiZ78LgIrI

Written By: ninny on 11/25/10 at 12:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/25/10 at 12:30 pm

I am so thankful for a wonderful man who made a trip to the store to pick me up something-and when he got the wrong thing, he even went back out to exchange it. I think I'll keep him.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/10 at 1:59 pm

...and everyone goes shopping tomorrow?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/25/10 at 2:35 pm

Not me. Not no, but HELL NO!!!

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/10 at 2:37 pm

Not me. Not no, but HELL NO!!!

Cat
The shops do get very busy?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/10 at 3:27 pm

I had chicken for dinner today, turkey was not available for are fridge yet,

Written By: Davester on 11/25/10 at 6:25 pm

Pie later.  I'm stuffed...

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/10 at 6:47 pm

ate too much... got sick.... feel better now.....gonna have more pie later cuz I never learn my lessons!  :D

Written By: Howard on 11/25/10 at 6:55 pm

My living room on televison, warm, food, and no need for waiting in line at the porta potty.   :)

when you have your own bathroom.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/10 at 6:56 pm

Nope,just staying home.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/10 at 6:59 pm

I'm back home from a delicious Thanksgiving feast,My friend Randy made a delicious Turkey which was so yummy with the gravy,deviled eggs,stuffing,cranberry sauce,corn on the cob,spinach,candied yams,the whole feast was so outrageous.Right Now,I'm home having a cup of coffee,I feel drowsy.

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/10 at 7:02 pm

I'm back home from a delicious Thanksgiving feast,My friend Randy made a delicious Turkey which was so yummy with the gravy,deviled eggs,stuffing,cranberry sauce,corn on the cob,spinach,candied yams,the whole feast was so outrageous.Right Now,I'm home having a cup of coffee,I feel drowsy.

sounds delicious!

unfortunately for me the firemen didn't make yams. I'm gonna have to make some myself when I get home.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/25/10 at 7:07 pm

sounds delicious!

unfortunately for me the firemen didn't make yams. I'm gonna have to make some myself when I get home.
:(.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/10 at 7:08 pm

sounds delicious!

the yams with delicious melted marshmallows?

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/10 at 7:21 pm

the yams with delicious melted marshmallows?

yep... and walnuts! cuz I like em!

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/10 at 7:21 pm

:(.

I know right? they never make yams... not ever!  >:(

Written By: Howard on 11/25/10 at 7:33 pm

yep... and walnuts! cuz I like em!

OMG I'm hungry but I already ate.  :(

Written By: snozberries on 11/25/10 at 8:55 pm

Didn't have to make yams because a coworker brought me some. Someone else brought me ambrosia! Both were great and I didn't throw up!!! O0

Written By: Dagwood on 11/25/10 at 8:57 pm

I just got home from dinner with the family.  We had aunts, uncles, cousins and spouses, kids...the works.  It was great. :)

Written By: nally on 11/25/10 at 8:58 pm

We cooked some butternut squash and brought it to our feast, which was at my great-aunt's house this year. We also bought a pumpkin pie from Costco earlier this week and brought that along. Altogether, there were 10 of us.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/10 at 6:58 am

Didn't have to make yams because a coworker brought me some. Someone else brought me ambrosia! Both were great and I didn't throw up!!! O0

I could eat 2 bowls of Ambrosia.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/26/10 at 7:22 am

FANTASTIC!

If it is there i will eat it until it is gone.  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/26/10 at 7:44 am

The shops do get very busy?

You've seen footage of the first day of the Harrods sale?  It's like that all day!

Written By: karen on 11/26/10 at 7:46 am

what is ambrosia?

I only know it as a brand of tinned rice pudding

Written By: Howard on 11/26/10 at 1:48 pm

FANTASTIC!

If it is there i will eat it until it is gone.   ;D

Would they happen to sell ambrosia or do you still have to make it from scratch?  ???

Written By: Howard on 11/26/10 at 1:50 pm

what is ambrosia?

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping, coconut, chopped nuts, fruit cocktail, pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows, cherries, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix together well and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.

Here's the recipie for Ambrosia.

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 3:39 pm

Me too!!!

If it is there i will eat it until it is gone.  ;D

Me too! ;D  Don't know how she does it but this woman makes amrisia like I've never tasted. I've asked for her secret but she won't give it up.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 3:41 pm

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
1.In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping, coconut, chopped nuts, fruit cocktail, pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows, cherries, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix together well and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.

Here's the recipie for Ambrosia.
http://www.top50states.com/images/recipe-ambrosia.jpg

Is this the as described Ambrosia?

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 3:45 pm

what is ambrosia?

Karen it's a salad/dessert. Not really sure how to explain it. I'm on my phone so I can't get a pic for you. Well I could but it's not as easy as from the computer. I'm sure one of my friends can post a pic. I will admit it doesn't look that appetizing. In my opinion it looks like something you might orally repair in a toilet but it tastes amazing.

I've had the receipt Howard posted. I think it's a little over indulgent. The ambrosia I had had mini marshmallows, mandarin oranges, coconut shredded, and whipped cream actually I think it was whipped heavy cream. It's a different consistency than cool whip or redi whip.

Anyway it was amazing

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 3:47 pm

Would they happen to sell ambrosia or do you still have to make it from scratch?  ???

Howard I have seem a version of it in my grocery store's deli. Don't know how good it is though.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 3:48 pm

what is ambrosia?

As Karen and know as Ambrosia.

http://www.ukcornershoppe.com/images/G453.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 3:49 pm

Yes thank you Philip. But usually without all that crap on top. That's someone trying to get fancy. Ambrosias not supposed to be fancy.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 3:50 pm

what is ambrosia?

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 3:51 pm

I think I'll pass  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 3:51 pm

Yes thank you Philip. But usually without all that crap on top. That's someone trying to get fancy. Ambrosias not supposed to be fancy.  ;D
Sort of like this?

http://media.erincooks.com/images/ambrosia/ambrosia2.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 3:53 pm

Sort of like this?

http://media.erincooks.com/images/ambrosia/ambrosia2.jpg

That's it!

Again not the most appetizing looking dish but looks are deceiving. It's so damn tasty.

Eta looks like that person decided to cut large marshmallows instead of using mini marshmallows.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 3:55 pm

That's it!

Again not the most appetizing looking dish but looks are deceiving. It's so damn tasty.
I do not think I have ever had that, but I am willing try it.

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 3:56 pm

I do not think I have ever had that, but I am willing try it.

I recommend it if you like sweet yummy coconutty goodness.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 3:59 pm

I recommend it if you like sweet yummy coconutty goodness.
Lots of Vitamin C?

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 4:06 pm

Lots of Vitamin C?

Very possible!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 4:07 pm

Very possible!!!
There no mention of Vitamin C on wiki  :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 4:11 pm

There no mention of Vitamin C on wiki  :D

They're trying to keep it a secret. They know kids won't eat it if they know the truth.
;D

There's vitamin c in the mandarin oranges. Vitamin b in the coconut and vitamin d in the heavy cream.... probably.
The marshmallow are for fiber I think  ;D

Karma for the laugh.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/10 at 4:13 pm

They're trying to keep it a secret. They know kids won't eat it if they know the truth.
;D

There's vitamin c in the mandarin oranges. Vitamin b in the coconut and vitamin d in the heavy cream.... probably.
The marshmallow are for fiber I think  ;D

Karma for the laugh.
Lots of everything for everyone!

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/10 at 4:16 pm

Lots of everything for everyone!

Exactly. O0

Written By: karen on 11/26/10 at 4:29 pm

Devon knows how they make it so creamy

Written By: karen on 11/26/10 at 4:30 pm

I just knew this dish would have mini marshmallows in it somewhere.  I can't find them in the shops here  :\'(

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/26/10 at 7:29 pm

Karen it's a salad/dessert. Not really sure how to explain it. I'm on my phone so I can't get a pic for you. Well I could but it's not as easy as from the computer. I'm sure one of my friends can post a pic. I will admit it doesn't look that appetizing. In my opinion it looks like something you might orally repair in a toilet but it tastes amazing.

I've had the receipt Howard posted. I think it's a little over indulgent. The ambrosia I had had mini marshmallows, mandarin oranges, coconut shredded, and whipped cream actually I think it was whipped heavy cream. It's a different consistency than cool whip or redi whip.

Anyway it was amazing

IT'S DREAM WHIP ... The best stuff on land, it is awesome, makes fabulous whipped creme pies (Dream Cream Pies)
http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/images/dreamwhip/$file/dream_whip.jpg

or one uses sour cream (and you will never know it)

Written By: Howard on 11/27/10 at 5:24 am

That looks more like Rice Pudding.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/10 at 5:25 am

Howard I have seem a version of it in my grocery store's deli. Don't know how good it is though.   :)

I'll look today in Pathmark.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/10 at 6:20 am

That looks more like Rice Pudding.
Hence why Karen and I are calling Ambrosia the rice pudding (from a tin) we know of.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/27/10 at 6:21 am

I couldn't enjoy the Turkey because I though I had a dinner at my parents...I lost my lunch when we got back.

No one else got sick...why is that?

Well...2010 will hold as the Worst Thanksgiving Ever for me! :(

Written By: danootaandme on 11/27/10 at 9:03 am

I couldn't enjoy the Turkey because I though I had a dinner at my parents...I lost my lunch when we got back.

That happened to me once.  We got a pre-cooked turkey, it tasted good, but my mother and I both got the trots from it.  Everyone else was fine though.

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/10 at 1:14 pm

I just knew this dish would have mini marshmallows in it somewhere.  I can't find them in the shops here  :\'(
Send me your new address I'll send you some. I totally owe you!!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/10 at 1:16 pm

IT'S DREAM WHIP ... The best stuff on land, it is awesome, makes fabulous whipped creme pies (Dream Cream Pies)
http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/images/dreamwhip/$file/dream_whip.jpg

or one uses sour cream (and you will never know it)

Have never seen (or heard of for that matter) that product in my life....ever.  :o ???

Written By: karen on 11/27/10 at 2:49 pm

That reminds me - who else wants my new address?

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/27/10 at 3:20 pm

Have never seen (or heard of for that matter) that product in my life....ever.  :o ???
It is in the bakery aisle, by pudding, jello, and jello easy desserts (cheesecake, Oreo or other)- top shelf!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/27/10 at 3:21 pm

That reminds me - who else wants my new address?
I do- I am getting my Christmas cards out early, as I don't have to slave away ours cooking in the kitchen... Microwave or toaster oven food only!

Written By: Howard on 11/27/10 at 3:40 pm

Was it because you ate too much? ???

Written By: Howard on 11/27/10 at 3:41 pm

can I be sent some?

Written By: Howard on 11/27/10 at 3:42 pm

It is in the bakery aisle, by pudding, jello, and jello easy desserts (cheesecake, Oreo or other)- top shelf!!!

I'll have to look for it on Tuesday when I'm back to work again.

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/10 at 12:31 pm

can I be sent some?

No. You go to a grocery store every other day so you can buy them yourself.  :P

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/10 at 12:32 pm

Don't forget to get yourself some mini marshmallows too.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/10 at 12:32 pm

You are not doing any shopping tomorrow?

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 12:39 pm

No. You go to a grocery store every other day so you can buy them yourself.  :P

FINE!  :P

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 12:39 pm

Don't forget to get yourself some mini marshmallows too.  ;D

That's only for my hot chocolate.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 12:40 pm

You are not doing any shopping tomorrow?

I don't know.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/10 at 12:41 pm

I don't know.
Things will be cheaper with your staff discount?

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 12:44 pm

Things will be cheaper with your staff discount?

Yes 10-20%.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/10 at 12:46 pm

Yes 10-20%.
Best to do it then, before you leave for home.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 12:46 pm

Best to do it then, before you leave for home.

I'll see how much time I have.

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/10 at 12:47 pm

That's only for my hot chocolate.

Why then did you ask me to send you some?  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/10 at 12:48 pm

I'll see how much time I have.
Of course, all the shopping done will have to be carried on a bus.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 12:49 pm

Why then did you ask me to send you some?  ::)

I don't know,just wanted to mess with you.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 12:50 pm

Of course, all the shopping done will have to be carried on a bus.

I can walk it home from my supermarket.

Check for new replies or respond here...