inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Back From Open Heart Surgery

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/03/08 at 9:13 pm

Good evening, Penguins. I hope you had a happy Halloween and Thanksgiving. I hope you have a Merry Christmas or whatever Holiday you celebrate. Didn't want to alarm you wonderful people. But I'm back in my trailer after a triple bypass in October and stay at Dad's house for  a 4 week recovery. I have to admit I was scared, especially since I am diabetic, have HBP and high cholesterol, not to mention a bad sinus infection and non-existant love life :-[ :) . The doctors and nurses at the Heart Hospital took care of the heart part, so I'm on my own on the others.  I am back at work and off the pain pills. I start my cadio rehab on Monday, with classes running for three days a week for the next 6 weeks. I'm doing fine right now, except I still have that bad habit of sleeping late from internet usage and cable watching. And I've gained back some of the weight I lost during my hospital stay and home care, which the doctors believe leads to congestive heart failure. I will try to watch my weight more carefully and diet and exercise more. I hope to talk to you guys and gals more often on this website. I know I've been slipping on the editing and the forum, and I apologize especially to Chuck and Karen and everyone else who has been working diligently on editing Misheard Lyrics and my other categories. I thank you from the bottom of my newly unclogged heart. And I thank all of the penguins, who have kept me and others like me in your prayers. Well it's back to work tomorrow, so I'll sign off now before the readers die of boredom with my rantings. Have a happy Holiday season  :).---Jonathan (Indy Gent)

Subject: Re: Back From Open Heart Surgery

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/08 at 9:20 pm

So glad to have you back. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/03/08 at 9:39 pm

Glad you are back and glad that your surgery went well!  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/03/08 at 9:57 pm

Welcome back and good luck to you on the road to recovery!

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/03/08 at 10:33 pm

Welcome back! Take care and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Written By: whistledog on 12/03/08 at 10:53 pm

Long time no see Jonathan.  Glad to hear your surgery went well.  Take care and we all wish you a fast recovery :)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/03/08 at 11:44 pm

Welcome back, Jonathan.  You have my prayers for a speedy recovery. :)

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 12:00 am

welcome back... glad the surgery went well... take care of yourself we'd like to see you here for a long long time.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/08 at 12:16 am

It's good to have you back Indy Gent and after going through quite a lot. Sounds like it was intense, but that your surgeon did good work. so here's to you getting really strong and healthy. 

Written By: Henk on 12/04/08 at 12:27 am

Good to have you back (in one piece), Jonathan! :) Here's some karma for a full and speedy recovery.

Written By: Tam on 12/04/08 at 12:35 am

Jonathon!! :-*
My friend, you have been missed so much!
Of course you know that you are in my prayers. You are a valuable part of this world and I am so excited to hear that you are on the mend! We haven't talked since your birthday - at least now I know why. ;)

It is ironic - I was going through all of my old posts earlier today, trying to find a particular thread, and I ran across our posts to one another almost 4 years ago! You welcomed me with open arms and so I welcome you back with great big hugs and kisses!!!

Thank you so much for giving us the update. It is going to be great having you back around these here stomping grounds!!!

Tam 8)

Written By: La Roche on 12/04/08 at 12:35 am

Damn dude, that's intense.

Glad to hear you're all together!

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/04/08 at 1:08 am

Hi Jonathan. Have had little to do with you over the years ... don't know why. You must've been posting in other areas. Certainly, I've seen your Indy Gent name about, here and there. You're only 43 (!) ...  having open heart surgery ? Wow ...(!).    :o

Hoping you make a full recovery, and look forward to seeing you around more !  8)

:)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/08 at 2:47 am

Welcome back, and go to see you are back on your feet again.

Written By: Gis on 12/04/08 at 2:49 am

Welcome back! I'm so glad the surgery went well and good luck with all the other stuff.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 6:41 am

Glad to see you back John.  :)

Written By: ninny on 12/04/08 at 6:46 am

Welcome Back :) So glad you are recovering.

Written By: karen on 12/04/08 at 7:14 am

welcome back to the boards Jonathan.

Glad to hear the surgery went well and you are making a good recovery.  Now you just have to keep up the exercises.  We'll be checking up on you!  ;)

Look forward to you getting back in action around the boards.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/04/08 at 7:20 am

Welcome back, and I hope this will be the last of this kind of thing for you.  Now sign off and get walking  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 12/04/08 at 7:46 am

Welcome back, Jonathan.  Happy to hear the surgery went well, but sorry you had to go through it.  Good luck with your continued recovery and do your best to get the other health things under control.

Your neighbor to the north (MI)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/08 at 8:19 am

welcome back Jonathan! I'm glad to hear that you are recovering. :)

Written By: Midas on 12/04/08 at 9:13 am

Good to see you here and hear good news from you, Jonathan!  We've missed you!

Written By: nally on 12/04/08 at 11:40 am

I'd wondered what had become of you. Glad to hear you're doing okay, Indy! Welcome back! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/08 at 12:38 pm

Welcome back Jonathan. You have been missed around here. I am sorry to hear about your surgery but I am glad that it turned out ok. I wish you well and a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself-and if you don't, I'm just going to have to go to Indianapolis to kick your butt.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/04/08 at 7:16 pm

Hope you feel better. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:13 pm

Actually the heart problems and diabetes are hereditary. My dad had a mild attack at 49 that required a triple bypass. And his oldest brother died of one in '72 went he was the same age. (He and my other uncle who died both were heavy smokers, so that added onto the bad health. I have never smoked but had a pretty unheathy lifestyle of eating bad snacks and fried foods, and went out a lot. I hope I can change that and eat more fresh veggies and fish.
Hi Jonathan. Have had little to do with you over the years ... don't know why. You must've been posting in other areas. Certainly, I've seen your Indy Gent name about, here and there. You're only 43 (!) ...  having open heart surgery ? Wow ...(!).    :o

Hoping you make a full recovery, and look forward to seeing you around more !   8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:14 pm

I am looking forward to your visit. ;D ;)
Welcome back Jonathan. You have been missed around here. I am sorry to hear about your surgery but I am glad that it turned out ok. I wish you well and a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself-and if you don't, I'm just going to have to go to Indianapolis to kick your butt.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:19 pm

Thank you, Reynolds. :)
So glad to have you back. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:20 pm

Thank you, bookmistress. :)
Glad you are back and glad that your surgery went well!  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:21 pm

Thank you, too, ladybug. :)
Welcome back and good luck to you on the road to recovery!

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:22 pm

Thank you, coquet. :)
Welcome back! Take care and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:25 pm

Thank you, whistledog, and I will. :)
Long time no see Jonathan.  Glad to hear your surgery went well.  Take care and we all wish you a fast recovery :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:30 pm

Thanks, Dags. And nice to see you again! :)
Welcome back, Jonathan.  You have my prayers for a speedy recovery. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:32 pm

I'd like to stay here awhile, snoz. Thanks :)

welcome back... glad the surgery went well... take care of yourself we'd like to see you here for a long long time.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:36 pm

Yes he did, Badfinger. It's amazing how advanced our medical procedures have progress to the point where heart surgery is almost as easy and painless as cleaning teeth. And thank you, kind sir. :) 
It's good to have you back Indy Gent and after going through quite a lot. Sounds like it was intense, but that your surgeon did good work. so here's to you getting really strong and healthy. 

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:38 pm

Believe it or not I was falling apart BEFORE the surgery. :D Thank you, Henk for the karma. :)
Good to have you back (in one piece), Jonathan! :) Here's some karma for a full and speedy recovery.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:50 pm

I finally got to you, Tam, so your patience as been rewarded. :)
I'd like to thank you for calling me friend even though we have never met in person. I'd like to think everybody at inthe00s is a friend, even those that get too argumentative or political. I thank you for the prayers. I hope not to wait until my next birthday to talk with you again.  ;)
And here's to another 4 years times 40 of hugs and well wishe. :)

Jonathon!! :-*
My friend, you have been missed so much!
Of course you know that you are in my prayers. You are a valuable part of this world and I am so excited to hear that you are on the mend! We haven't talked since your birthday - at least now I know why. ;)

It is ironic - I was going through all of my old posts earlier today, trying to find a particular thread, and I ran across our posts to one another almost 4 years ago! You welcomed me with open arms and so I welcome you back with great big hugs and kisses!!!

Thank you so much for giving us the update. It is going to be great having you back around these here stomping grounds!!!

Tam 8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:52 pm

Thanks, Satan's Dad, I think. :)
Damn dude, that's intense.

Glad to hear you're all together!

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:53 pm

Thanks again, Mr. Mister. :)

Hoping you make a full recovery, and look forward to seeing you around more !   8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:54 pm

Thank you, Philip. Nice to here from you again. :)
Welcome back, and go to see you are back on your feet again.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:55 pm

Nice to here from you again, Gis. And thank you kindly. :)
Welcome back! I'm so glad the surgery went well and good luck with all the other stuff.  ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:56 pm

Glad to here from you again Howard. Thanks! :)
Glad to see you back John.  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:56 pm

Thank you, ninny. :)
Welcome Back :) So glad you are recovering.

Written By: Tam on 12/04/08 at 11:58 pm

I finally got to you, Tam, so your patience as been rewarded. :)
I'd like to thank you for calling me friend even though we have never met in person. I'd like to think everybody at inthe00s is a friend, even those that get too argumentative or political. I thank you for the prayers. I hope not to wait until my next birthday to talk with you again.  ;)
And here's to another 4 years times 40 of hugs and well wishe. :)

You had to know that once I saw you online tonight that I was waiting for a reply! ;D

Of course I call you friend. I really have missed you. There isn't anyone here quite like you. 8)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/04/08 at 11:58 pm

Thanks again for keeping up with the editing, Karen. And I'll try to keep up with anything that will help me. :)
welcome back to the boards Jonathan.

Glad to hear the surgery went well and you are making a good recovery.  Now you just have to keep up the exercises.  We'll be checking up on you!  ;)

Look forward to you getting back in action around the boards.

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/08 at 12:00 am

I hope the same thing, Danoota. I can't thank you enough. :)
Welcome back, and I hope this will be the last of this kind of thing for you.  Now sign off and get walking   ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/08 at 12:03 am

Welcome, neighbor. I'm glad to be back. Thanks :)
Welcome back, Jonathan.  Happy to hear the surgery went well, but sorry you had to go through it.  Good luck with your continued recovery and do your best to get the other health things under control.

Your neighbor to the north (MI)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/08 at 12:04 am

Thanks, Quirk! :)
welcome back Jonathan! I'm glad to hear that you are recovering. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/08 at 12:05 am

I'm glad to be back here, Midas. Thanks! :)
Good to see you here and hear good news from you, Jonathan!  We've missed you!

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/08 at 12:07 am

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, Nally. But thanks for holding out for me and good luck with the editing. :)
I'd wondered what had become of you. Glad to hear you're doing okay, Indy! Welcome back! :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/08 at 12:09 am

Thanks again, Catwoman. BTW, how's the hubby? :)

Cat

Written By: nally on 12/05/08 at 12:09 am

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, nally. But thanks for holding out for me and good luck with the editing. :)
thank you , it's been a pleasure! :)

Jeffrey

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/05/08 at 12:12 am

I'm about to tear up.(Sorry, couldn't find a smilie for tearful joy.)
And thank you, again. :)

You had to know that once I saw you online tonight that I was waiting for a reply! ;D

Of course I call you friend. I really have missed you. There isn't anyone here quite like you. 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/08 at 11:38 am

Thanks again, Catwoman. BTW, how's the hubby? :)

He is doing ok. He still hangs out in the political boards but once in a while comes here to the PPP.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/05/08 at 3:24 pm

Are you feeling much better these days?

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/08 at 1:08 am

I am feeling much better. There are times when my the pain from my chest becomes inflamed. But I try to keep up on all my medications. I would like it more if we had a warm up outside one of these days, but I can wait until March as long as we don't have a major snowstorm or below zero temps. It should get interesting tomorrow.  :-\\
As for my condition, so far so good. ;)

Are you feeling much better these days?

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/08 at 1:11 am

I'll probably hear from him on the poloitical boards.

He is doing ok. He still hangs out in the political boards but once in a while comes here to the PPP.

Cat

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/08 at 1:15 am

Jonathan .. for those of us less familiar with you ...... 'Indy Gent' ... that refers to you from being from Indianapolis (?).

Your avatar ... seems it's an actor called 'David Boreanz' ?  What can you tell us about him, and why you've adopted him ?

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/06/08 at 1:27 am

1. Yes
2. I was a big fan of his went he was on Buffy:TVS and "Angel". To me, he represents coolness and fire simultanteously. I haven't seen a lot of his new series "Bones", wher he played the second lead, Booth. I saw a couple of eps. They were OK. (BTW, I would like to change the Doublemint Twins avatar below my sig line, but I forgot how to post a new pic. Any help, please?)

Jonathan .. for those of us less familiar with you ...... 'Indy Gent' ... that refers to you from being from Indianapolis (?).

Your avatar ... seems it's an actor called 'David Boreanz' ?   What can you tell us about him, and why you've adopted him ?

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/08 at 2:11 am

Not sure ... at which point your 'stuck' ?

1. Go into profile (click 'profile' link ... at top of page).
2. Under modify profile box to left .... 'Click  forum profile information link'
3. Two methods available. Either a)  'I will upload my own picture' ... browse the pic from a folder on your computer

or b) supply the link in the form you have ... ( http://www.geocities.com/j_c_indy/DBMTwinsbike.bmp ) to the file, on the image hosting site ... where it is located.

4. Click 'change profile' button ......... bottom right hand corner.

HOPEFULLY .... it will update .... successfully .... sometimes, I have to make multiple attempts / try uploading the pic from a DIFFERENT  venue ... when having trouble, with another.

Browsing from a folder on your computer ... in theory ...is the easiest (when it works !).

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/06/08 at 2:16 am

Doh ... I'm definitely experiencing some 'brain fade' today .... very tired .

You were talking about your signature.

Well .... it's pretty much the same thing ... except your gonna go down to the 'signature' box ... at the 'forum profile' dialog .... and stick the url / image tags wrapped around ..... in the appropriate box.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/08 at 5:41 am

I am feeling much better. There are times when my the pain from my chest becomes inflamed. But I try to keep up on all my medications. I would like it more if we had a warm up outside one of these days, but I can wait until March as long as we don't have a major snowstorm or below zero temps. It should get interesting tomorrow.  :-\\
As for my condition, so far so good. ;)

Glad to hear it.

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/08 at 3:13 pm

Doh ... I'm definitely experiencing some 'brain fade' today .... very tired .

what do you mean today!  ;D

Hey Jonathon anyone who rocks an Angel Av is alright in my book....since I am the biggest Buffy fan on the planet! O0

Written By: statsqueen on 12/06/08 at 6:46 pm

1. Yes
2. I was a big fan of his went he was on Buffy:TVS and "Angel". To me, he represents coolness and fire simultanteously. I haven't seen a lot of his new series "Bones", wher he played the second lead, Booth. I saw a couple of eps. They were OK. (BTW, I would like to change the Doublemint Twins avatar below my sig line, but I forgot how to post a new pic. Any help, please?)

As a fan of him as Booth on "Bones" (a fan of the show in general), I hope you'll keep that pic for awhile!  just kidding of course, you can have whatever you want for your av!  Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in  ::)

If you've lived in Indy for any length of time, you know what you are in for weather-wise.  ;) We are under yet another winter weather advisory up here in west central MI (we got downgraded from warning).  I have a friend who also lives in Indy, but I haven't seen her in ages.

Hope you are staying on your meds and doing what the docs tell you  :)  Hope the road of recovery is a smooth one.

Check for new replies or respond here...