inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has anybody seen?

Written By: Gis on 12/17/08 at 9:09 am

I was thinking it would be quite good to have a thread where people could ask about whether it's worth going to see a particular movie or maybe a t.v show.

I wondered if anyone had seen The Secret Life of Bees? I loved the book so I'm wondering if the movie will do it justice?

Subject: Re: Has anybody seen?

Written By: Tia on 12/17/08 at 11:44 am

i'm a little behind the times but i recently saw "wanted", that angelina jolie movie, and thought it was surprisingly stupid, even as a mindless-pleasure action movie (because the action scenes were so implausible they were impossible to take seriously, and the "hero" was an ANNOYING WHINER  >:( ) and i also saw m. night's "happening" and thought it was, though embarrassing in parts in that particularly m. night kinda way, actually pretty cool. ("signs" made me wanna choke a bitch.  8-P)

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/08 at 1:17 pm

i'm a little behind the times but i recently saw "wanted", that angelina jolie movie, and thought it was surprisingly stupid, even as a mindless-pleasure action movie (because the action scenes were so implausible they were impossible to take seriously, and the "hero" was an ANNOYING WHINER  >:( ) and i also saw m. night's "happening" and thought it was, though embarrassing in parts in that particularly m. night kinda way, actually pretty cool. ("signs" made me wanna choke a bitch.  8-P)

yeah I saw the first 20 minutes of it and found it pointless...

Anyone see Day When the Earth Stood Still?  (the new one)

Written By: Gis on 12/17/08 at 1:44 pm

yeah I saw the first 20 minutes of it and found it pointless...

Anyone see Day When the Earth Stood Still?  (the new one)

Himself has seen it and thought it was great apart from the end which spoiled it because it was cheesy apparently!

Written By: Howard on 12/17/08 at 2:42 pm

The 40 year old Virgin?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/17/08 at 3:31 pm

The 40 year old Virgin?

Yes, it was kind of funny.  Expecially the chest waxing scene. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/17/08 at 11:47 pm

Himself has seen it and thought it was great apart from the end which spoiled it because it was cheesy apparently!

I just came back from it and I'm not gonna spoil it but I kinda went WTF to the ending too

personally - I say wait for it on DVD or just rent the original it wasn't that great.

bTw  I'm talking about the new The Day the Earth Stood Still...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/18/08 at 2:15 am

I just came back from it and I'm not gonna spoil it but I kinda went WTF to the ending too

personally - I say wait for it on DVD or just rent the original it wasn't that great.

bTw  I'm talking about the new The Day the Earth Stood Still...
I wanna see it on the big screen so I may have to go by myself  :-\\  cuz i know lady Di ain't having none of that movie

Written By: Howard on 12/18/08 at 6:49 am

Yes, it was kind of funny.  Expecially the chest waxing scene. ;D

or where he tries to have sex for the first time. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/18/08 at 4:05 pm

I wanna see it on the big screen so I may have to go by myself  :-\\  cuz i know lady Di ain't having none of that movie

then do yourself a favor and pay matinee prices 

but I'd love to talk about it with you after you see it...  for the record... I didn't hate it... I just didn't really like it either  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/18/08 at 7:37 pm

Ace Ventura films?

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/18/08 at 7:49 pm

Ace Ventura films?

I've seen them both. I like the first one better, but the second one was actually really good.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/08 at 7:52 pm

I've seen them both. I like the first one better, but the second one was actually really good.

Jim Carey is always funny. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...