inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Staying home this year.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/20/08 at 8:56 am

Looks like Christmas will be spen this year, in Oakville, insted of being on vacation.

This week is starting to suck, already.

Subject: Re: Staying home this year.

Written By: snozberries on 12/20/08 at 10:22 am

mine sucks because I have to drive to Az. I only get 4 days off so its pretty much get there two days before Christmas. Spend Christmas with the 'rents and then turn around and go home.

Written By: Big Nasty on 12/20/08 at 10:24 am

Yeah no driving from out of the New York North Country for us either.

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/20/08 at 10:26 am

I usually cook for a whole heap of people (and look forward to it), but as it turns out, I will only be having 3 guests for Christmas day and they're jewish!  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/08 at 7:38 pm

I usually cook for a whole heap of people (and look forward to it), but as it turns out, I will only be having 3 guests for Christmas day and they're jewish!  :D

Now that's funny. ;D

I never go far on Christmas.  My daughter, sister and I go to my mom's who lives about 30 miles away.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/08 at 7:40 pm

We are going to Burlington on Tuesday and spending the night (maybe two) with the kids. Carlos' daughter has to work on Christmas so we will be celebrating early. IF Mother Nature is nice (unlike she was this weekend) we will be heading down to Conn. on Christmas Day (either from here or from Burlington) and hopefully be having Christmas dinner with two of my sisters and my dad. My dad will be leaving on Friday. Plan B may be much better than Plan A (that the snow killed) because that means I will be able to spend more time down there. We may also swing by to see my mother with my two sisters before heading home.

Cat

Written By: jackas on 12/20/08 at 7:52 pm

My husband is in Afghanistan so I figured I'd do something different with the girls.  I'm going to take them out to Sun Valley for Christmas.  They do some kind of show on Christmas eve...The Nutcracker on Ice and they will have fireworks.  Then on Christmas day we will take a horse drawn sleigh ride to a restaurant for lunch.  I'm sure we will get some sledding in too.  I'm excited!

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/08 at 7:52 pm

My husband is in Afghanistan so I figured I'd do something different with the girls.  I'm going to take them out to Sun Valley for Christmas.  They do some kind of show on Christmas eve...The Nutcracker on Ice and they will have fireworks.  Then on Christmas day we will take a horse drawn sleigh ride to a restaurant for lunch.  I'm sure we will get some sledding in too.  I'm excited!

That sounds like fun.

Written By: jackas on 12/20/08 at 8:06 pm

That sounds like fun.

:)

Now if I can get out there without getting stuck in the snow.  I need to get chains just in case.

Written By: ninny on 12/20/08 at 8:41 pm

Tim just called with his schedule from the hotel >:( He is the only one working on Christmas. My dad wants us to come over and go to church before Christmas dinner,Missy said she would try to make it (she's at Dan's for the next 2 weeks) Timmy is home but has no money and has little gas,so I'm not sure how we are getting there.

Written By: karen on 12/20/08 at 9:13 pm

My mother-in-law arrived today to spend the next couple of weeks with us.  We will have Christmas here in Connecticut and then we are all heading to Vegas for a few days over the New Year.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/20/08 at 10:10 pm

My parents are expecting me over at their house on Christmas.  Guess I can't wander off too far. :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/21/08 at 12:23 am

we aren't going too far either...Christmas will be spent at my parent's house (they only live about 15 minutes from me). We are going to the candlelight service at our church on Christmas Eve night...and then spending the rest of the time at their house.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/21/08 at 1:50 am

Back to Nebraska as usual for me.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/08 at 6:51 am

I have a day off for Christmas so I guess I'll be home that day.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/23/08 at 8:23 pm

I might be going home, this week after all.

Written By: Big Nasty on 12/27/08 at 9:42 pm

So Tam, Son of Tam, and I stayed home for the Holidays...Keep in mind this is my first Christmas in country since 2005.  Tam and our family that came to visit made it among the very best ever!

Check for new replies or respond here...