inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Was Santa good to you?

Written By: Tam on 12/24/08 at 10:47 pm

Well was he?

What did ya get? ??? ;D

(Ya, I know it isn't midnight over here yet, but some of our members have already been visited by Santa... ;) )

Subject: Re: Was Santa good to you?

Written By: ADH13 on 12/24/08 at 11:06 pm

I was my own Santa this year... (hubby and I decided to buy ourselves something instead of buying each other something)

So yeah, Santa was quite good to me  :D

Got some fleece pajamas, a new watch, new bedding, some sweaters, and a new pair of shoes

Hubby got a tattoo, a jacket, and some more movie channels we didn't have before

Written By: Howard on 12/25/08 at 7:18 am

I hope Santa is good to me by next year.

Written By: Midas on 12/25/08 at 8:12 am

Santa has been really good to me so far. :)

We started off Christmas Eve by meeting up at my future in-laws and went to Christmas Eve mass followed by an excellent rib roast for dinner with Au Gratin potatoes and vegetables. :)  I really hadn't expected any gifts from them since they're footing most of the bill for our wedding next year.  They ended up getting me an awesome blue plaid bathrobe (and it's awesomely soft) and a coffee bean grinder (which is also awesome as I was given 2 bags o' Starbucks coffee a couple weeks ago that needed to be ground). :)

We got home around 11 last night and have a big day ahead of us, traveling for an hour up to my sister's where my mom & stepdad and brother & his girlfriend & posse will be, so instead of getting up super early to exchange our gifts (I got up early anyway ;D), my fiancé & I decided to exchange gifts last night right before the midnight hour.  And boy, did she get a lot of great deals by getting up at 3 AM on Black Friday to shop :D  This is one of the greatest Christmases I've had in a while.    Here's what I got (as I sit in my new bathrobe 8) ):

Cool Water™ Gift pak (Cologne, Shower Gel, Aftershave Balm)
Blade™ Viper for men products (Shower Gel, travel Shower Gel, Shave Gel)
Tea Tree Hair Styling product (shut up Jess ;D)
Wardrobe from Old Navy :D (2 pr jeans, a slew of music-related print T's, lounge pants, fleece pullover)
Guitar Hero: Legends Of Rock

AND

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith  (Sweet!  We can play together now :) )

And perhaps the coolest gift - Sara made me a plaque at a craft party for my mancave.  I'll have to post a pic once I get one taken of it.

My dad & stepmom & stepsister sent us a 2009 calendar (The Office: Confessions) and gift cards to Costco, Target and Chili's/Macaroni Grill/On The Border.  Yay!

In a few hours there will be more gift exchanging; I'm excited to see my family and my sister's children open all their gifts. :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Written By: Tam on 12/25/08 at 12:26 pm

Wow! Lucky Midas and Andrea! 8)

Big Nasty and The Son spoiled me real bad this year! (I think Nasty was trying to make up for his not being here for the past 2 Christmas'... but as long as he was here with us, anything else was just an added bonus!) :)

I rec'd:

Sex and the City movie dvd
Seasons 1, 2 & 3 of Home Improvement
Season 5 of One Tree Hill
Season 1 of Gossip Girl
Slippers (because I have worn out the bottoms on my 6 year old ones!) :D
Brown super soft bath robe
Hockey Pack: A 3-in-1 Montreal Canadiens t-shirt hoody AND the dvd SLAP SHOT!!! 8)
An engraved picture frame with our Wedding date and names! It was brilliant of Big Nasty to come up with that one!
Trivial Pursuit 25th Anniversary Edition
Stocking contained Cashews and toblerone and carmex..

And then:
Big Nasty bought me the winter coat that I have been too cheap to go and buy for myself!
It is a white, blue and brown Nike ACG 3-in-1 Gortex jacket good to -20F!!! 8) 8)

Like I said, they spoiled me for sure!
Merry Christmas!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/25/08 at 12:45 pm

I just now got asked if I'm ready to open presents so I have to leave. Lady Di has been up for a little while, but Julie & me just got up. we slept in to 10:30am.  you guys all got some really good stuff.  catch ya later

oh yeah...A Christmas Story is on tv  8)   

Written By: Howard on 12/25/08 at 2:25 pm

oh yeah...A Christmas Story is on tv

a 24 hour marathon,what a treat.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/25/08 at 8:01 pm

Santa was pretty good to me.  I got the usual case of toilet paper and paper towels.  A case of soup and a case of olives, lotion, a container of mixed nuts, gloves and a vacuum sealer.  Plus, I found out that Santa is buying me a new bed for my birthday!  I have been using the same bed for 16 years and there is a nice, deep crevasse in the middle.  It will be nice to sleep on a bed again, as opposed to in a bed. ;D

I also got Santa's old MP3 player only to find out the damn thing isn't Vista compatible.  Oh well.

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/25/08 at 8:45 pm

YES YES YES YESSSS!!! He was definitely good to moi!

I got...

The Tales of Beetle the Bard-J.K. Rowling
The special edition Twilight book
The book Eldest
The book Inkdeath
The first season of Pushing Daisies
Sims:Castaway
Sly Cooper 1--I have been asking for this for years and thy just finally found it. I have had the other two forever.
The first season of Greek
The fourth Season of Lost
A Nightmare before Christmas
New Kingdom hearts game
Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo
The Dark Night
chocolate
Hot chocolate
Chocolate covered marchmallows
cow Tails (basically more chocolate)
gum
a giant candy cane
thin mints
New
Fall Out Boy CD--got that one early
New Metro Station CD
New Secondhand Serenade CD
New We The Kings CD
and last but not least a new i-pod from my aunt

Now i am hoping to get enough money to buy a writing program for the computer and hopefully Tam will tell me she will let me download it so that I can buy it with a reason to.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/25/08 at 10:52 pm

yes, I received a lot of very nice gifts from many people. :)

Written By: Jessica on 12/26/08 at 3:01 am

Tea Tree Hair Styling product (shut up Jess ;D)

I say nothing! :D

I got a lot of material things (mainly what I asked for), but the best gift of all is that they discovered what was wrong with our doggeh and are now pumping him with antibiotics to get him back to normal.  He seems better now, so hopefully he can come home soon.  He even ate today, because the vet said we could bring him some Christmas dinner food to see if that would tempt him.  It did. :)

Written By: Gis on 12/26/08 at 4:30 am

WEll I did extremely well out of the closing down sale at Himself's work! Which is good because I love their stuff and usually can't afford it. He also bought me a 'Gizmo' T-shirt (as in the gremlins)  ;D

I got an awesome designer jacket of my two best friends which they bought for me when we went christmas shopping last week at the fabulously reduced price of £16 down from £75.

My brother struck again though. I asked him to get me 'Mamma Mia' that's all, nothing else, what could be more simple?
I got a pair of mini hair straighteners and some hair wax, which are great don't get me wrong but I don't need them and I really, REALLY wanted Mamma Mia. Every year without fail he does this I should know better than to even ask for anything specific. I shall go out tomorrow and buy my own copy.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/26/08 at 6:30 am

yes, I received a lot of very nice gifts from many people.

What were they? ???

Written By: danootaandme on 12/26/08 at 6:33 am

I got good stuff.  Lots of Godiva, the set of dishes I have been wanting, ITunes, Barnes and Nobel, Jo-Ann Fabrics gift card, stocking stuffer stuff, roses.   ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/26/08 at 6:35 am

I got good stuff.  Lots of Godiva, the set of dishes I have been wanting, ITunes, Barnes and Nobel, Jo-Ann Fabrics gift card, stocking stuffer stuff, roses.   ;D

Godiva chocolates,I have some Ghiardellis,would you like some?  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/26/08 at 6:40 am

Godiva chocolates,I have some Ghiardellis,would you like some?  ;D

I love Ghiaradellis!!  We can open the boxes, make some coffee, and chocolate ourselves sick  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/26/08 at 6:41 am

I love Ghiaradellis!!  We can open the boxes, make some coffee, and chocolate ourselves sick   ;D

I've got Peppermint Bark,do you like that flavor?

Written By: danootaandme on 12/26/08 at 6:44 am

Yes.  I have dark chocolate assortment, mixed assortment, and a box of dessert truffles.  I usually don't let anyone touch my dessert truffles, but in your case Loachaim!

Written By: Howard on 12/26/08 at 6:46 am

Yes.  I have dark chocolate assortment, mixed assortment, and a box of dessert truffles.  I usually don't let anyone touch my dessert truffles, but in your case Loachaim!

Great,send some over here. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/26/08 at 8:16 am

A Monty Python DVD box set, a Civil War book and some other stuff. :)

Written By: whistledog on 12/26/08 at 9:17 am

This year I didn't get anything for Christmas, apart from the usual sweaters and socks from my grandparents.  For me, this year was all about giving than receiving :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/26/08 at 3:23 pm

This year I didn't get anything for Christmas, apart from the usual sweaters and socks from my grandparents.  For me, this year was all about giving than receiving :)

Yeah, I did that last year. (When I had the money)  It was nice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/08 at 5:50 pm

I got a rock.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 12/26/08 at 5:54 pm

Teeeeeeheeeeeeee ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/26/08 at 7:05 pm

I got a rock.

Cat

Want some roll to go with your rock?  ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/26/08 at 7:49 pm

"Freaks and Geeks" The Complete Series DVD set (the regular version, not the special yearbook edition), earrings, and gift cards.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/26/08 at 8:23 pm

Santa gave me several pounds of my favorite coffee beans and a Cal tee-shirt and a few DVDs and dear sweet Julie made Lady Di & me a collage of pics, romantic ones of the two of us in this neat glass frame which has 3d effect. it was just too sweet. I'll hang that up tomorrow.

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/08 at 9:52 pm

oh yeah...A Christmas Story is on tv  8)     

did you see where some couple paid $5300 to spend the night in the house?

Santa got me My Three Sons season one vol. 1 (so now I have a really good reason to buy myself vol. 2  ;) )
Dancing with the Stars for Wii
Grand Theft Auto IV for PS3 (now I don't have to open my collector's box)
some shoes
and a really cool salt & pepper shaker its Tucan Sam sitting on a fruit loop  ;D

oh and Santa liked the purse I got her so whew!

Written By: Howard on 12/27/08 at 7:04 am

did you see where some couple paid $5300 to spend the night in the house?

You mean the house where Peter Billingsley was in? ???

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/27/08 at 9:20 am

Wonderful Christmas Here! :) :) :)

On top of going to Disneyworld, we ended up with some beautiful things...

New Sectional Couch (we have only had hand me downs to this point)
A new Fridge (had to have it the old - again hand me down- had mysterious water on all shelves and we could not figure out what it was from; and it our family has "outgrown" it several years ago - apartment size)

Perfume "Lovely" by Sarah Jessica Parker; with lotion, purse size spray, large spray, and stationary and frame ;)

iPod classic

from my daughters - 
  I got some wonderful foaming bath and shower gel (the youngest one - it has glitter in it; dad says he saved me from the bubblegum scented version; it's childrens from Bath and Body works ;) ;) ;) ;)
  My oldest daughter (mind you she is only six) has seen I get teary eyed at all the Kay's commercials and the like (warm fuzzy jewelry commercials) - well when they went shopping she dragged dad to the local jewelry store and decided I had to have something special; ANd AS DAD SAYS -There was no telling her no; otherwise she was going to break into her piggy bank and get it anyway.  YEP made me cry :\'( :\'( :\'(  Beautiful necklace with a white gold swirly heart holding a large heart cut ruby; very special

For the family we got A Wii - with Dance Dance Revolution; Disney Sing It; MarioKart; Guitar Hero Legends of Rock; Wii Fit

My favorite thing that happened this Christmas - my husband and I went to best buy to get a video and a game for nephew and niece (today's Christmas) and guess what - yep you guessed it He did not think our 40" flat screen was not big enough for the wii - We now are owners of 56" flat screen led with the GEeek squad coming to install everything (sound system, wii, Dvd recorder - we never figured out how to install last year) OMG - he really cracks me up sometime (he tells me he is trying to spark the economy - like we have the money to spark the economy :o :o :o) His present to himself - it was a good deal (over 1000 off and geek squad thrown in for free ::) ::) ::) ::))

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/08 at 11:12 pm

You mean the house where Peter Billingsley was in? ???

yes

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/08 at 11:14 pm

Wonderful Christmas Here! :) :) :)

On top of going to Disneyworld, we ended up with some beautiful things...

New Sectional Couch (we have only had hand me downs to this point)
A new Fridge (had to have it the old - again hand me down- had mysterious water on all shelves and we could not figure out what it was from; and it our family has "outgrown" it several years ago - apartment size)

Perfume "Lovely" by Sarah Jessica Parker; with lotion, purse size spray, large spray, and stationary and frame ;)

iPod classic

from my daughters - 
   I got some wonderful foaming bath and shower gel (the youngest one - it has glitter in it; dad says he saved me from the bubblegum scented version; it's childrens from Bath and Body works ;) ;) ;) ;)
   My oldest daughter (mind you she is only six) has seen I get teary eyed at all the Kay's commercials and the like (warm fuzzy jewelry commercials) - well when they went shopping she dragged dad to the local jewelry store and decided I had to have something special; ANd AS DAD SAYS -There was no telling her no; otherwise she was going to break into her piggy bank and get it anyway.  YEP made me cry :\'( :\'( :\'(  Beautiful necklace with a white gold swirly heart holding a large heart cut ruby; very special

For the family we got A Wii - with Dance Dance Revolution; Disney Sing It; MarioKart; Guitar Hero Legends of Rock; Wii Fit

My favorite thing that happened this Christmas - my husband and I went to best buy to get a video and a game for nephew and niece (today's Christmas) and guess what - yep you guessed it He did not think our 40" flat screen was not big enough for the wii - We now are owners of 56" flat screen led with the GEeek squad coming to install everything (sound system, wii, Dvd recorder - we never figured out how to install last year) OMG - he really cracks me up sometime (he tells me he is trying to spark the economy - like we have the money to spark the economy :o :o :o) His present to himself - it was a good deal (over 1000 off and geek squad thrown in for free ::) ::) ::) ::))

you found it and didn't even tell me  >:(

WOW 56' I will be jealous now when I turn on my 27 in.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 12/27/08 at 11:17 pm

oh and that thing about your daughter and the kay jewelers commercials also tugs my cold heart strings  :)

I remember seeing something about a kid wanting to buy a gift and all the kid has was pennies but the gift cost several dollars the clerk let the kid have it anyway...totally made me cry-

It was years ago.. can't remember if it was a commercial or a scene from a TV show or a TV Movie.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/27/08 at 11:21 pm

you found it and didn't even tell me  >:(

WOW 56' I will be jealous now when I turn on my 27 in.  ;)
Yeah I broke down and bought one for 50 bucks over asking price - HAd to have it..... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I am such a smuck (but it was a present for myself) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Better than my husbands present to himself :P :P :P  I still think he is trying to over compensate for (uh hem - you know :-\\ :-\\ :-\\) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/08 at 10:28 am

Yeah I broke down and bought one for 50 bucks over asking price - HAd to have it..... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I am such a smuck (but it was a present for myself) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Better than my husbands present to himself :P :P :P  I still think he is trying to over compensate for (uh hem - you know :-\\ :-\\ :-\\) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D

you said it I didn't. Hey I understand about paying more because you want something so badly. Happense to me all of the time.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/28/08 at 11:02 am

oh and that thing about your daughter and the kay jewelers commercials also tugs my cold heart strings  :)

I remember seeing something about a kid wanting to buy a gift and all the kid has was pennies but the gift cost several dollars the clerk let the kid have it anyway...totally made me cry-

It was years ago.. can't remember if it was a commercial or a scene from a TV show or a TV Movie.

Yeah I can remember the same thing - but can not place it; but they always tear me up...

Now I have a daughter that does the same thing :) :) :) :)  I am blessed :)

Written By: Stompgal on 12/28/08 at 12:11 pm

I felt like a Santa Claus to my family and I bought them the following gifts for Christmas:

A leather cufflink box for my dad
A Radox Pamper Box for my mum
Some marzipan fruits for my brother
Some Aussie hair products and Hotel Chocolat Caramel Drops for my sister
A dog stocking and a personalised pink dog coat for their dog Jasmine (unfortunately the coat was too big so it can be used as a blanket or something along those lines
A JML Groomitt

My family gave me the following presents:

A Hotel Chocolat Strawberry Meringue Chocolate Lick (A chocolate lollipop)
A large tube of Pink Smarties
Betty Boop slippers
Betty Boop pyjamas (consisting of shorts and a vest)
Compact Mirror
Rain Man DVD
Now 71 CD
Guinness World Records 2009 book
Luki Panda stationery set
Boots toiletries from their Fresh, Natural Collection and Garden Collection ranges
Groovy Chick chocolate lollipops
A gift bag from my grandparents containing emery boards, chocolate orange sticks, Avon Pillow Mist, pocket tissues, cotton pads, a flannel and some nail polish remover
High School Musical highlighters
High School Musical lip glosses
French knitting wooden doll
A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ornament
Lush toiletries
£80 cash

I received the following gifts from other people:

Kung Fu Panda DVD from the staff at my care home
Charlie and Lola bubble bath (depicting Lola on a space hopper) from one of my mum's work friends
Body Shop toiletry set (an early Christmas present from one of my housemates. Somebody at his college gave it to him but he didn't want it.)

Check for new replies or respond here...