inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Things for me to say at Christmas

Written By: Bobo on 12/25/08 at 9:14 am

Hey all. I hope you're all having a merry Christmas. Mel always tells me off that I should never call it a "merry" Christmas, and I should always call it a "happy" Christmas, but I never fully understood her reasoning.

To all those who have been helpful to me over the last year in which not only have I gone crazy so many times, but thanks to whom I've just been able to shake off whatever problems I thought I had which may have seemed big at the time.

Special thanks to Tam, to Brian, to Kin, to Audrey, and to Jess, who certainly have encountered me in several of my much more emotional modes, and to whom I wholly apologize if ever I stepped over the line while keeping my insanity intact.

Special thanks to Midas, Thom, and Rob for supplying the music twice a week which ensures me and Mel not just a peaceful weekend, but a contented, happy one.

Special thanks to Phil and Henk, without whom several of my threads would have sunk without trace several months ago. Kudos to you both for having the time and the patience to banter.

At this time of celebration, I feel it only right to name two names from board-time past who tragically are not around to enjoy this Christmas-time with us. Monaco Chris who died nearly five and a half years ago, and sweet young Scorpion, who tragically took her own life on Christmas Day six years ago. How scary that time passes on and that some are able to enjoy it while others are less fortunate.

Personal thanks to everyone else, who, even when they didn't know about my yoyo-ing problems, were still deep in my thoughts at all times. I don't know what I would do without you guys. Having moved house within the last year, and staying with girlfriends whose friendship I could never do wtihout has worked wonders for me. Yet still sometimes it's possible to go insane and want to be alone with my thoughts. Typing them out into a random rectangular box and hoping for replies may seem like a simplistic, non-communicative, way to go about things, but this is the one place I have always been involved in which has never felt like that.

Kudos to those who we have gone so long without seeing — Goldie, FussBudget, youngcricket/Southern Spitfire, Wicked Lester, Langdon Hughes, XenaKat, Banasy, lebiew15, Zella, Criz, Hairspray, and so many others who used to be such an integral part of what was, at that time, a very small family. Long may it grow.

To all those who have stopped me from making an ass of myself, thank you very much. To me the true meaning of Christmas is that those who are around you will never, ever feel the desire to let go of our hands. Sure, we may all be hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of miles away from each other, to become friends, best friends, and in some cases, husbands and wives.

And thank you to Chucky for making it all happen when a million times now he could have been so frustrated to have given the whole thing up.

Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope this holiday time is a peaceful, happy one for everyone.

Subject: Re: Things for me to say at Christmas

Written By: Midas on 12/25/08 at 9:51 am

Thank you and karma to you, Bobo.  I certainly and sincerely enjoy your and Mel's company on Friday eves/Saturday mornings. :)  Merry Christmas and may you and yours have a healthy and happy holiday. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/25/08 at 2:38 pm

Merry Christmas Bobo. :)

Written By: Henk on 12/25/08 at 2:47 pm

A merry Christmas (and some karma) to you too, Bobo.

Special thanks to Phil and Henk, without whom several of my threads would have sunk without trace several months ago. Kudos to you both for having the time and the patience to banter.

Hey - as long as there's soccer in Holland you have my attention. :)

Written By: Jessica on 12/26/08 at 2:56 am

We loves you, Bobodio. :-*

Written By: danootaandme on 12/26/08 at 6:57 am

We loves you, Bobodio. :-*

boop boop be doo

Check for new replies or respond here...