inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who Would They Be?

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/25/08 at 8:34 pm

Have you ever thought about what kind of person a loved one or friend would be if they were of the opposite sex. Would that actor be as famous if he were a girl? Would that actress be as famous if she were a boy? What if that boy band was a girl band? What would their names be. Would their personalities change or would they be as nice or arrogant a selfish or generous? You tell me. Who would they be?

It could also be someone on the boards! :o :D ;)
(I know these boards have a knack for thirsting for drama so if you are going to make this choice make sure it is OK with the person first.)

I am going to start with one of my favorite characters. HARRY POTTER!

If Harry were a girl this is who he would be.

Name: Harriet Porter
obviously he would be a witch instead of a wizard. Even though it isn't shown in the movies that much, his hair is supposed to be messy so i think if he were a girl he would have the hairstyle of Princess Mia before the transformation in princess diaries.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefi.QVRJOyoArmGjzbkF/SIG=12j7hvm96/EXP=1230345022/**http%3A//www.homevideos.com/freezeframes33/PrincessDiaries01.jpeg ;D ;D ;D
His--or rather her-- glasses would not be full moon but  plain square, horn rimmed, and thick lensed. She would be a tomboy and her bestfriends would be named Jeremy Manger (Hermione Granger) and Donna Beasley (Ronald Weasley)

Subject: Re: Who Would They Be?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/26/08 at 11:15 pm

Have you ever thought about what kind of person a loved one or friend would be if they were of the opposite sex. Would that actor be as famous if he were a girl? Would that actress be as famous if she were a boy? What if that boy band was a girl band? What would their names be. Would their personalities change or would they be as nice or arrogant a selfish or generous? You tell me. Who would they be?

It could also be someone on the boards! :o :D ;)
(I know these boards have a knack for thirsting for drama so if you are going to make this choice make sure it is OK with the person first.)

I am going to start with one of my favorite characters. HARRY POTTER!

If Harry were a girl this is who he would be.

Name: Harriet Porter
obviously he would be a witch instead of a wizard. Even though it isn't shown in the movies that much, his hair is supposed to be messy so i think if he were a girl he would have the hairstyle of Princess Mia before the transformation in princess diaries.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefi.QVRJOyoArmGjzbkF/SIG=12j7hvm96/EXP=1230345022/**http%3A//www.homevideos.com/freezeframes33/PrincessDiaries01.jpeg ;D ;D ;D
His--or rather her-- glasses would not be full moon but  plain square, horn rimmed, and thick lensed. She would be a tomboy and her bestfriends would be named Jeremy Manger (Hermione Granger) and Donna Beasley (Ronald Weasley)

My cousin's wife is named Donna Beesley.  ;D

I can totally see what you mean about Harry Potter being just like Princess Mia though.  Spot on.

I always look at people and imagine what they would look like if they were the opposite sex.  It's really weird that you say that - I thought I was the only one that did that! 

Written By: Tam on 12/31/08 at 1:17 pm

Definitely an interesting thread idea... one I have never thought about before.

Now I am going to have to sit and think about this one for a while! ;D 8)

Written By: ADH13 on 12/31/08 at 10:40 pm

Well, I have thought about if God were a woman... then it would ben men getting morning sickness, labor pains, childbirth, having to put up with, as Tam puts it, having a HAPPY period! :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/01/09 at 12:10 am

Well, I have thought about if God were a woman... then it would ben men getting morning sickness, labor pains, childbirth, having to put up with, as Tam puts it, having a HAPPY period! :)

Pretty good tradeoff for multiple or... aaw, who am I kidding.  We'd have never left the trees.  Any time the mutation crops up, it's instantly removed from the gene pool because any males capable of it never reproduced because they starved to death in puberty.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/09 at 9:29 am

Believe me,I don't need the problems that women have. ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/03/09 at 4:59 pm

Believe me,I don't need the problems that women have. ;D

No man needs the problems that women have. i don't even want to imagine it.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/09 at 6:52 pm

No man needs the problems that women have. i don't even want to imagine it.

Thank God for that.  :o

Written By: Howard on 01/03/09 at 6:53 pm

What if Michael Jackson was a girl,who he be as famous 20 years ago?

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/03/09 at 7:50 pm

If Michael jackson was a girl then he would have gotten alot more work done and i don't think his nose would be the only thing falling off his body if you catch my drift.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/04/09 at 6:40 am

If Michael jackson was a girl then he would have gotten alot more work done and i don't think his nose would be the only thing falling off his body if you catch my drift.  ;D ;D ;D

would his skin turn a different color if he was a girl or does it matter?  ???

Written By: Dagwood on 01/04/09 at 8:04 am

would his skin turn a different color if he was a girl or does it matter?  ???

It doesn't matter.  Vitiglio is a skin condition that affects both sexes.  He would still have the same problem.

Written By: Howard on 01/04/09 at 10:19 pm

It doesn't matter.  Vitiglio is a skin condition that affects both sexes.  He would still have the same problem.

He'd be a white girl. ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/08/09 at 3:04 pm

Theres his next song.

Gwen Stefani did "if i were a rich girl" and now Michael can do "If I were a white girl" ;D :D

Written By: Howard on 01/08/09 at 6:49 pm

Theres his next song.

Gwen Stefani did "if i were a rich girl" and now Michael can do "If I were a white girl" ;D :D

Don't think he can sing that high. ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/09/09 at 9:40 pm

He take down a few octaves if he needs to.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/09 at 5:48 am

He take down a few octaves if he needs to.

or get a new voicebox.

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/10/09 at 12:41 pm

yeah he could get that one with the sex xhange. package deal.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/09 at 3:00 pm

yeah he could get that one with the sex xhange. package deal.

he looks more like his sister Janet. ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/10/09 at 4:26 pm

;D, yes i noticed that too, especially in the nose that keeps falling off of his face.

Written By: Howard on 01/11/09 at 6:57 am

;D, yes i noticed that too, especially in the nose that keeps falling off of his face.

It seems that everything is falling off his face.

Check for new replies or respond here...