inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TeaBag

Written By: Tia on 01/06/09 at 10:38 pm

It's the new me. This feels right.

I want everyone to forget everything I ever said about this "kim richards," or this "witch mountain," or tony or ike eisenmann or black snake moan or assault on precinct 13 or hello larry or devil dog: the hound from hell, or, quote unquote, "tia". I'm the new me now, and the new me knows not of such things. if you mention them, i'll act like i don't know what you're talking about.

but you'll know i'm lying.

have some tea, bitches.

Subject: Re: TeaBag

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/06/09 at 11:02 pm

I want everyone to forget everything I ever said about this "kim richards," or this "witch mountain," or tony or ike eisenmann or black snake moan or assault on precinct 13 or hello larry or devil dog: the hound from hell, or, quote unquote, "tia". I'm the new me now, and the new me knows not of such things. if you mention them, i'll act like i don't know what you're talking about.

have some tea, bitches.

Say it ain't so, tia! Say it ain't so!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

http://www.petergreenberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/crying_kid.jpg

Written By: Jessica on 01/06/09 at 11:03 pm

What flavor is it?

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/09 at 12:11 am

My favorite T-Bag  ;)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/TrentRezzy666/header.png

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/09 at 12:12 am

What flavor is it?

I'm gonna guess nutty...like Almond Rocha  ;D

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u360/Lost_Cannibal/Tbagavt.gif

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/09 at 12:16 am

Yay TeaBag!  Now where are your siblings Douche, Old and Garbage? :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/07/09 at 12:59 am

I'm gonna guess nutty...like Almond Rocha  ;D

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t123/jrshull/slapchop.jpg

Vince agrees!

Written By: Howard on 01/07/09 at 6:47 am

So It's not Tia anymore?

Written By: Davester on 01/07/09 at 8:00 am

I'm gonna have to pick up the Betsy Russell torch where you dropped Kim Richards'.  I swear I'm going to collect every one of her modest catalog of B-flicks and don the obligatory expression changing avatar...

http://www.horroryearbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/betsy_russell2.jpg

Betsy Russell.  Remember that...

Written By: Gis on 01/07/09 at 10:47 am

Just make sure Philip doesn't dunk you in a mug of hot water....................

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/07/09 at 10:55 am

How about FleaBag?  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 01/07/09 at 11:14 am

I'm gonna have to pick up the Betsy Russell torch where you dropped Kim Richards'.  I swear I'm going to collect every one of her modest catalog of B-flicks and don the obligatory expression changing avatar...

http://www.horroryearbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/betsy_russell2.jpg

Betsy Russell.  Remember that...

Aye carumba! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/07/09 at 3:13 pm

You'll always be Tia to me :P

Written By: Tia on 01/07/09 at 3:15 pm

You'll always be Tia to me :P
:-*

at first i thought of maybe compromising with "tiabag," but that just sounds... really really wrong somehow.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/07/09 at 3:35 pm

at first i thought of maybe compromising with "tiabag," but that just sounds... really really wrong somehow.

You know what would be cool? You should still call yourself "TeaBag," only stick a hyphen in there so you can have the pseudo hip-hop version, which would be "T-Bag."

<------ Because everyone knows that having a hyphen in your name automatically makes you cool.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/07/09 at 3:37 pm

have some tea, bitches.
Kim who?  ???   

Written By: statsqueen on 01/07/09 at 5:58 pm

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t123/jrshull/slapchop.jpg

Vince agrees!

I don't mean to threadjack, but that's the ShamWow guy....is he in some kind of race with Billy Mays?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/07/09 at 6:01 pm

I would rather watch Billy Mays.  The ShamWow guy creeps me out.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/09 at 7:17 pm

or kim richards teabag?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/09 at 7:34 pm

I don't mean to threadjack, but that's the ShamWow guy....is he in some kind of race with Billy Mays?

the fact that you know that frightens me to no end... hell I didn't even know and I'm the TV Addict!

;D

Written By: Jessica on 01/07/09 at 9:21 pm

or kim richards teabag?  ;D

Does anyone want to teabag Kim Richards?

Written By: karen on 01/07/09 at 9:46 pm

Teabag was one of my nicknames when I was a kid

Written By: Midas on 01/07/09 at 10:48 pm

Teabag was one of my nicknames when I was a kid

:o ;D

At least now I won't think TeaBag's not a dude :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/07/09 at 11:03 pm

Pretty much.  A former Scilon, Vince probably learned the art of the scam from some of the best scammers in the business.  He made a movie in 1999 that proved he had too much of a sense of humor for the cult, and the cult destroyed his acting career.  In response, he sued it.  I wasn't able to figure out who won, so I'm going to assume the the cult bankrupted him by dragging out the ensuing legal proceedings.  Thing is, if the guy's nuts are big and brassy enough that he'd sue the world's most ligitious organization, it's gonna take more than a slap-chop to keep him down.  Hence, the informercials.  Two minutes is long enough to be funny, but not so long as to be boring; it's the perfect marketing recipe for the YouTube era.  Make it funny enough to go viral, and people who never watch TV will see your pitch!

Mays takes himself too seriously.  Vince knows it's all just for lulz, and that he's basically embraced his status as late-2008/early-2009's Internet meme.  Vince wins, which just goes to show you, sometimes you don't have to be Anonymous to be Legion. 

Back on topic, OK, so suppose he took one of those Shamwow things and dunked it in a cup of tea.  You know, to demonstrate its absorbency.  Yeah, that.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/08/09 at 12:14 am

funny you should ask...http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0204vmWVJEEsALYajzbkF/SIG=12cpalbcp/EXP=1231481519/**http%3A//movies.infinitecoolness.com/16/1956invasion02.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/08/09 at 6:42 am

I know I would.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/08/09 at 6:45 am

oh dear.

Written By: Howard on 01/08/09 at 6:48 am

Maybe The Shamwow guy would like to teabag Kim Richards? ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/08/09 at 10:19 am

sike! you know i couldn't keep it up.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/08/09 at 10:20 am

Tia is back!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/applause.gif

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/09 at 3:44 pm

I adore you for using the word "sike!"

Written By: Tia on 01/08/09 at 3:54 pm

I adore you for using the word "sike!"
lol. people always get on me for misspelling it. i'm like, it's the most junior-high word of ALL junior-high words! of COURSE you're supposed to misspell it!

Written By: KKay on 01/08/09 at 4:24 pm

have some tea, bitches.

I k now it's late in the thread but just a few comments:
1. when i saw the thread title "teabag"  I guessed it was Mike before I looked to the right for the author.
2. I like the total denial ...yet the keeping of the name Tia.

why did THAT take so long?  ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 01/08/09 at 5:42 pm

the fact that you know that frightens me to no end... hell I didn't even know and I'm the TV Addict!

;D

I guess my work here is done  ;D

Oh, damn, he's on now  MUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: statsqueen on 01/08/09 at 5:44 pm

Welcome back, Mike...ah, Tia.  Nice to have you back with your "proper" name.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/08/09 at 6:44 pm

Glad to have you back Tia. ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/08/09 at 11:01 pm

lol. people always get on me for misspelling it. i'm like, it's the most junior-high word of ALL junior-high words! of COURSE you're supposed to misspell it!

Because a 7th grader is going to write "psych!" in the note she is passing to her friend in biology class? 

I THINK NOT.  >:(

Written By: Tia on 01/09/09 at 6:45 am

Because a 7th grader is going to write "psych!" in the note she is passing to her friend in biology class? 

I THINK NOT.  >:(
exactamundo.

i remember in actual junior high i was always correcting "sike" to "psych." ironically.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/09 at 6:46 am

exactamundo.

i remember in actual junior high i was always correcting "sike" to "psych." ironically.

So which one was correct?

Written By: Tia on 01/09/09 at 6:52 am

So which one was correct?
well it's a slang word but i'd say "psych" is more right because it's derived from "psych-out/psychology etc but "sike" is more user-friendly, because of the 7th-grade nature of it.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 10:53 am

exactamundo.

If you would have correced my use of sike in 7th grade I probably would have beaten you up.

Sike.

Written By: Tia on 01/09/09 at 11:03 am

If you would have correced my use of sike in 7th grade I probably would have beaten you up.

Sike.
i was a little smartass. i knew all the planets in order and all the names of all the dinosaurs and i was really smug about it. i took a test once and they asked me how much a ton weighs and i was all, "you mean a US ton or a British long ton?"

once this dude hit me in the solar plexus and i was all like, "you hit me in the solar plexus!" you weren't supposed to know what the solar plexus was called in fourth grade, so he hit me again. in the solar plexus.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 1:09 pm

i was a little smartass. i knew all the planets in order and all the names of all the dinosaurs and i was really smug about it. i took a test once and they asked me how much a ton weighs and i was all, "you mean a US ton or a British long ton?"

once this dude hit me in the solar plexus and i was all like, "you hit me in the solar plexus!" you weren't supposed to know what the solar plexus was called in fourth grade, so he hit me again. in the solar plexus.

I don't even know what a solar plexus is right now.  But I'm gonna hit you in yours.

Written By: Tia on 01/09/09 at 1:14 pm

I don't even know what a solar plexus is right now.  But I'm gonna hit you in yours.
it's the bundle of nerves right underneath the crux connecting the two sides of your rib cage in front. if you want to knock someone's breath out of their lungs and do that thing where they can't breathe and think they're going to die and are miserable, that's where you hit them. it always amused me that all the bullies totally knew TO hit you in the solar plexus, but they never knew what the solar plexus was called. bullies do crappy research.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 1:59 pm

it's the bundle of nerves right underneath the crux connecting the two sides of your rib cage in front. if you want to knock someone's breath out of their lungs and do that thing where they can't breathe and think they're going to die and are miserable, that's where you hit them. it always amused me that all the bullies totally knew TO hit you in the solar plexus, but they never knew what the solar plexus was called. bullies do crappy research.

I actually knew what it was.  I was trying to be funny.

I keep hittin' em and you keep missin' em.

Written By: Tia on 01/09/09 at 2:00 pm

I actually knew what it was.  I was trying to be funny.

I keep hittin' em and you keep missin' em.
can our marriage be saved?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 2:03 pm

can our marriage be saved?

With a lot of hard work, blood, sweat, and tears...probably not.

But we'll always have Bakersfield.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/09 at 7:17 pm

If you would have corrected my use of sike in 7th grade I probably would have beaten you up.

Sike.

Would you have been a bully? ???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 10:50 pm

Would you have been a bully? ???

No.  On the inside I'm a big marshmallow.  In my younger years I thought I was a hard ass, but as I get older I'm learning to embrace my softer side.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/09 at 5:46 am

No.  On the inside I'm a big marshmallow.  In my younger years I thought I was a hard ass, but as I get older I'm learning to embrace my softer side.

I rarely have a soft side myself.

Check for new replies or respond here...