inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unfair

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 01/16/09 at 6:48 am

Dame Helen Mirren has won all these Baftas, Golden Globes and Oscars for playing the Queen, and she's only done it once. Meanwhile, Queen lookalike Jeanette Charles has been doing it for years, and she hasn't got so much as a pat on the back. Once again, it's one rule for Dames, and another rule for bank manager's wives who bear a passing resemblance to the reigning monarch.

Subject: Re: Unfair

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/09 at 7:03 am

Jeanette Charles has played the Queen in many roles in numerous films and TV shows, including The Rutles' All You Need Is Cash, National Lampoon's European Vacation, Austin Powers in Goldmember and The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!.

She also appeared as a semi-regular in Spike Milligan's Q series on BBC Television.

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 01/16/09 at 7:15 am

Jeanette Charles has played the Queen in many roles in numerous films and TV shows, including The Rutles' All You Need Is Cash, National Lampoon's European Vacation, Austin Powers in Goldmember and The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!.

She also appeared as a semi-regular in Spike Milligan's Q series on BBC Television.

I meant to add that!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/09 at 7:18 am

I meant to add that!!!
My first check on Jeanette Charles was to find out that she was still with us.

Written By: Gabble Ratchet on 01/16/09 at 7:29 am

My first check on Jeanette Charles was to find out that she was still with us.

Surely there would have been a week of mourning if she weren't

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/09 at 8:50 am

Surely there would have been a week of mourning if she weren't
It would be featured on tv.

I think she appeared in The Goodies as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...