inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: karz

Written By: Tia on 01/17/09 at 3:32 pm

how would i get through life if i couldn't start a poll about every single little decision i'm trying to make?

Subject: Re: karz

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/09 at 4:44 pm

I like the black one

Written By: karen on 01/17/09 at 4:46 pm

Apart from the colour are they identical?  (I'm rubbish at identifying car makes).

If they are I would have the black car.

Written By: statsqueen on 01/17/09 at 4:56 pm

Apart from the colour are they identical?  (I'm rubbish at identifying car makes).

If they are I would have the black car.

I was thinking the same thing....both about them being identical and picking the black one. 

Written By: Dagwood on 01/17/09 at 5:17 pm

I would go with the black one as well.

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/09 at 5:18 pm

I would go with the black one as well.

and here I thought you'd prefer the froggy green one!  ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/17/09 at 5:19 pm

they're basically identical. i did a keyword search based mainly on color so one might be a 2008 but the colors i'm trying to choose between are the green and the charcoal gray (it looks black, i actually test-drove it today and it looks vaguely dark blue to me, it's weird), but yeah, same car, i'm just trying to figure out what color i want.

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/09 at 5:21 pm

they're basically identical. i did a keyword search based mainly on color so one might be a 2008 but the colors i'm trying to choose between are the green and the charcoal gray (it looks black, i actually test-drove it today and it looks vaguely dark blue to me, it's weird), but yeah, same car, i'm just trying to figure out what color i want.

it looks kind of like a Yaris....am I right?

Written By: Tia on 01/17/09 at 5:24 pm

it looks kind of like a Yaris....am I right?
hyundai accent. really cheap, i've been saving up because i'm trying to buy a new car cash up front.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/17/09 at 5:34 pm

and here I thought you'd prefer the froggy green one!  ;D

I like to mix it up a little. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/09 at 5:42 pm

hyundai accent. really cheap, i've been saving up because i'm trying to buy a new car cash up front.

ah....

Written By: karen on 01/17/09 at 6:34 pm

Some people think green cars are unlucky.

Written By: ADH13 on 01/17/09 at 6:42 pm

I like the black one.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/09 at 7:05 pm

The black one is cool.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/09 at 7:52 pm

the charcoal gray is kinda sporty lookin'. Hyundai's are excellent values. we got Lady Di a 2007 Elantra and it's a great car. good performance, low maintenance, good warranty, more roomy than corrolla & civic according to the consumer reports and a lot less expensive. I did a lot of research and bought it brand new online from the dealer's internet rep, got it under invoice and with a rebate. went to the dealership and and signed the papers and drove it off, no haggling price at all. I've bought 2 cars that way. it's hassle free. I won't buy one from a salesperson on the lot anymore. the internet purchase was awesome. I got emails from dealers but most wanted me to come in. The dealer that gave me a price quote for what I wanted was the one I picked and we did it all by email. I was looking at the Accent in the showroom and they're nice for a small compact.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/17/09 at 7:57 pm

Green - Sets you apart from all the rest (look how many would choose the black) -  Shows dirt less - Easier to find in the Parking lot  - Your Eco-friendly Advertisement (going Green ::)) -  Cooler in the summer (will reflect some light as opposed to soaking it all in :-\\)

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/17/09 at 8:05 pm

Green - Sets you apart from all the rest (look how many would choose the black) -  Shows dirt less - Easier to find in the Parking lot  - Your Eco-friendly Advertisement (going Green ::)) -  Cooler in the summer (will reflect some light as opposed to soaking it all in :-\\)

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it :)
Green is a good color and my first 2 cars were green.  Lady Di's Elantra is Laguna Sand
but I would not have picked that color.  ::)  but she likes it and its her car

whatever color you get Tia, make sure you get the windows tinted   http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2304/2425913153_bc9fc6dfa0.jpg?v=0

Written By: statsqueen on 01/17/09 at 9:19 pm

Sorry, Tia, now that I look at it in a different light, I can see that it is charcoal gray.  I like it.  If you find a 2 for 1 deal, I'll take charcoal gray, thanks  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/09 at 9:24 pm

Sorry, Tia, now that I look at it in a different light, I can see that it is charcoal gray.  I like it.  If you find a 2 for 1 deal, I'll take charcoal gray, thanks  ;)

I heard somewhere you can get a kia compact if you buy the kia suv

Written By: statsqueen on 01/17/09 at 9:33 pm

I heard somewhere you can get a kia compact if you buy the kia suv

Works for me.  I enjoyed driving the KIA Sportage (w/ 4 wheel drive).

Written By: Tam on 01/18/09 at 9:58 am

Does the color of the vehicle affect insurances prices anymore? I remember when I had my burgundy Calais, my insurance was higher because it was close to a red color. But when I had the white durango, my insurance came way down. :o

Black/charcoal shows dust and dirt so much! I wish when we bought the Mountaineer that we had of when with the gold one instead of the black. Pain in the arse washing it at least once a week!

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/09 at 12:08 pm

Black/charcoal shows dust and dirt so much! I wish when we bought the Mountaineer that we had of when with the gold one instead of the black. Pain in the arse washing it at least once a week!

Oh, but haven't you seen the commercial?? 

"The dirt is a badge of honor.. who am I to wash it away?" :D 

Written By: ninny on 01/18/09 at 12:11 pm

I need a little bit of color,so I'm going with the mint green :-\\ color.

Written By: Tia on 01/18/09 at 1:45 pm

i went to the dealershp this afternoon and cinched the deal. guess which one i got?  8)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/09 at 1:49 pm

Since most of us suggested the charcoal one, I'm guessing you went with green.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 1:51 pm

i went to the dealershp this afternoon and cinched the deal. guess which one i got?  8)

you're a rebel so you got the green one because it got the least votes  :P

or what Odyssey said... :-[ sorry didn't see your post... but great minds think a like!  ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/18/09 at 1:57 pm

you're a rebel so you got the green one because it got the least votes  :P

or what Odyssey said... :-[ sorry didn't see your post... but great minds think a like!   ;D
votes are actually tied now, i think, which surprised me.

yup, i got the green one. did i tell you the dealer salesman guy said the green one wasn't very popular and i was like, that just makes me want to buy it more!

hopefully i won't spend the next 5, 10 or 20 years trying to drive with my head slumped down under the dash out of embarrassment. i don't think so, but we'll see....

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 2:01 pm

votes are actually tied now, i think, which surprised me.

yup, i got the green one. did i tell you the dealer salesman guy said the green one wasn't very popular and i was like, that just makes me want to buy it more!

hopefully i won't spend the next 5, 10 or 20 years trying to drive with my head slumped down under the dash out of embarrassment. i don't think so, but we'll see....

I didn't actually look at the number of votes I went by the posts... it felt like more like the charcoal grey one was more popular 

Since the green one wasn't popular you should have asked for a bigger discount for taking it off his hands   ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/18/09 at 2:19 pm

I didn't actually look at the number of votes I went by the posts... it felt like more like the charcoal grey one was more popular 

yeah there seemed like more pro-gray posts to me too.

Since the green one wasn't popular you should have asked for a bigger discount for taking it off his hands   ;D

*kicks self*  :\'(

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/09 at 2:24 pm

Yeah - he picked green ;D

SORRY - tooo many females in my house (everything becomes a she) :-[

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 2:25 pm

Yeah - she picked green ;D

she?  ???

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/09 at 2:26 pm

she?  ???

haha my sentiments exactly.. wasn't sure if that was a joke or not.. ???

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 2:28 pm

haha my sentiments exactly.. wasn't sure if that was a joke or not.. ???

with Sami you can never tell...she's usually quite witty...but she had a few nips last night and may still be off her game

hey sami  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/09 at 2:32 pm

with Sami you can never tell...she's usually quite witty...but she had a few nips last night and may still be off her game

hey sami  :P
fixed - I was not thinking as I was posting :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Everything becomes a female in this house - even my cat and dog (both males - always calling them she's) :-[

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 2:33 pm

fixed - I was not thinking as I was posting :-\\ :-\\ :-\\

Everything becomes a female in this house - even my cat and dog (both males - always calling them she's) :-wife....er  hubby feels about that  ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/18/09 at 2:44 pm

she?  ???
an understandable mistake  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 2:46 pm

not if you know where to look  ;)

Name:  Tia
Custom Title: ICDedPeepl!
Position: Badtz Maru
Karamel Sutra: 970
Date Registered: April 05, 2007, 12:47:54
Last Active: Today at 12:44:27
MSN:
YIM:
Email: hidden
Awards: Highlighted Topic
Current Status: Online 
Language: English

Written By: Tia on 01/18/09 at 3:03 pm

not if you know where to look  ;)

Name:  Tia
Custom Title: ICDedPeepl!
Position: Badtz Maru
Karamel Sutra: 970
Date Registered: April 05, 2007, 12:47:54
Last Active: Today at 12:44:27
MSN:
YIM:
Email: hidden
Awards: Highlighted Topic
Current Status: Online   
Language: English

i think most people assume no male would be insane enough to go by "tia." that's where i fool them.

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 3:14 pm

i think most people assume no male would be insane enough to go by "tia." that's where i fool them.

;D

how many people think you're one half of the Mowery twins?

Written By: Tam on 01/18/09 at 4:08 pm

;D

Thus why he was Tamera on April Fool's day.....

Or was he? I can't remember! I am getting too old! ;D

Written By: ninny on 01/18/09 at 4:48 pm

;D

Or he could be Tia Carrere.

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/09 at 5:25 pm

I honestly do know that you are a male, I just was not thinking when I posted.  I am so sorry :-[

I feel bad - smite me ;)

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/09 at 5:39 pm

Pick the red one.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/09 at 5:44 pm

I honestly do know that you are a male, I just was not thinking when I posted.  I am so sorry :-[

I feel bad - smite me ;)

;D

I wouldn't have made fun of you if I'd thought you didn't know  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/18/09 at 6:52 pm

I wouldn't have made fun of you if I'd thought you didn't know  ;)
I deserve the razzing - it was a brainless moment. 

You are great Snoz, and nowhere did I feel unjustifiably harrased.  Now worries - Continue as is ;D

Written By: karen on 01/18/09 at 7:04 pm

Well, I expressed my opinion but didn't actually wever get round to submitting a vote!

Check for new replies or respond here...