inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Going the extra mile...

Written By: Tam on 01/18/09 at 10:26 pm

I had originally bumped an old thread - but now I figure why not just start a new one. There are a bunch of new people here now, so a new thread is definitely in order.

Basically, you can post whatever you want here, it doesn't have to be a thank you, but it isn't a karma love-fest either. Basically, if someone has said something you agree with, or if someone sent you a message that has brightened your day, if you feel someone can use a kind word... post-away!

First and foremost, I need to say something to BFF/Mike. My friend, thank you so much for the kind words that you gave me. They came at a time when I was doubting myself and you are that Silver Lining that I hear people talk about. I thank God everyday for you being in my life.  8)

Subject: Re: Going the extra mile...

Written By: ADH13 on 01/18/09 at 10:39 pm

Thanks to everyone for providing a place I can go any hour of any day and find familiar people to chat with!

It is one of the few things in life that doesn't constantly require my time or effort (or money!), but it is always here when I'm in the mood for it... if you think about it, not many good things in life are like that.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/19/09 at 12:50 am

Thank you to Ms. Snozberries, for always having a kind word for me, even when I'm not as communicative as I should be.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/19/09 at 1:47 am

I had originally bumped an old thread - but now I figure why not just start a new one. There are a bunch of new people here now, so a new thread is definitely in order.

Basically, you can post whatever you want here, it doesn't have to be a thank you, but it isn't a karma love-fest either. Basically, if someone has said something you agree with, or if someone sent you a message that has brightened your day, if you feel someone can use a kind word... post-away!

First and foremost, I need to say something to BFF/Mike. My friend, thank you so much for the kind words that you gave me. They came at a time when I was doubting myself and you are that Silver Lining that I hear people talk about. I thank God everyday for you being in my life.   8)
thanks for the praise Tam.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rr.gif  All I did was acknowledge what I saw, and that was your strength, character and wisdom in a dificult situation.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/19/09 at 1:53 am

Amy (statsqueen) along with so many others has been so supportive and encouraging to me. I think because we both have teen daughters in college, we have that common bond as parents and kinda know what each other is going through and can relate easily because our experiences at this time are similar. thanks for being a good friend  8)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/09 at 5:45 am

I'd like to thank my job coach for making me successful in Pathmark and I'm going on 2 years in April.  :)

Written By: statsqueen on 01/19/09 at 1:43 pm

Amy (statsqueen) along with so many others has been so supportive and encouraging to me. I think because we both have teen daughters in college, we have that common bond as parents and kinda know what each other is going through and can relate easily because our experiences at this time are similar. thanks for being a good friend  8)

You beat me to it, Mike.  Thank you for saying those nice things.  I feel exactly the same way about you.  Being a single mom and therefore not having a "partner" around to help shoulder the worry, fear, etc. isn't always easy, but you (and everyone else, but esp. you since you know what I'm going through) have made things so much nicer for me.  Thanks for being the great friend and shoulder that you have been, I really appreciate it and hope you know how much your friendship means to me.

You're the coolest dad I know  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/09 at 1:55 pm

I want to thank Snoz & Tam-you know why.  ;)

And of course my bestest best friend, my partner, & the LOVE of my life-Carlos. Words can't describe the depth of my love & gratitude I have for you.  :-* :-* :-* 

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 2:17 pm

can you feel the love?  :)

bookmistress... no need to thank me I genuinely like you and miss you when you're not here.

Cat and Tam- you guys are awesome and have become great friends

Jess, I mean Brazy Citch, thanks for keeping it real... I love having someone like you in my world.

Rice- you make me ROR.... I mean LOL  ;D

sami..... SAMI!!!! my partner in crime!  ;)  Always there to back me up! Keep 'em coming

karen... I'm so glad I've come to know you ... you are an amazing woman

Dag- hate the frogs LOVE YOU!!!

Midas- you're my main man

BFF- you were one of the first to befriend me here. I cherish that friendship and hope that I always honor it.

Ladybug.... you validate my existence if I think it you've probably said it. If I say it... I'm sure you thought it... you never let me beat myself up over something I've said... thanks!

Stats, my friend, thank you, thank you for everything... I always know it'll be good when I see a pm is from you!  :)

I'm sure there are others I should have thanked personally let's call it a momentary lapse of sanity!

and to everyone else.... I appreciate you all too... you make hanging out here fun.  I wish I could thank each and everyone of you I just don't have that kind of time!

Written By: Howard on 01/19/09 at 4:45 pm

Thanks to people for making this place a better place to come to.  :)

Written By: statsqueen on 01/19/09 at 5:04 pm

Q, my friend, what can I say?  You have become one of my closest friends in a very short amount of time.  Thank you for your friendship, your humor, your PMs (which are always something to look forward to) and your sarcasm.  You are an amazing person and I hope to be able to come out and visit you some time soon (like how I just invite myself!)  ;D  I love how much you know and remember about tv shows that we both enjoy.

Tam, you are a wonderful and loving person.  Thank you for everything you have done for me and all the kind words you have sent my way.  I am glad we have become friends and hope that will continue for a very long time to come.

Mike (BFF), we have become closer thanks to our similar situations with our girls, but beyond that, you were one of the very first people to make me feel like I belong here.  Thank you for that.

Cat, you have taught me so much and welcomed me into this wonderful penguin world with open arms.  Thank you for your valued friendship.

Karen, I have really enjoyed getting to know you and hope to get to know you better. 

Jess, please don't ever change!  I love your straight talk...it's a refreshing change from what we get out there in the offline world.

Henk, I hope we can continue to develop our friendship.  I love to hear about your beautiful country.

To everyone:  This place wouldn't be the same without the diverse personalities we have here.  To those of you who have made new members feel so welcome and at home, we thank you (I know I'm not considered "new" anymore, but I still remember how wonderful everyone was when I stumbled onto this wonderful ice shelf).

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/09 at 5:43 pm

Q, my friend, what can I say?  You have become one of my closest friends in a very short amount of time.  Thank you for your friendship, your humor, your PMs (which are always something to look forward to) and your sarcasm.  You are an amazing person and I hope to be able to come out and visit you some time soon (like how I just invite myself!)  ;D  I love how much you know and remember about tv shows that we both enjoy.

I'm waiting! So hurry up already!  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/19/09 at 8:36 pm

I can't name individual people, because I am a goof and can't really describe my feelings.  I will just say that you all make this board a great place to come. It is great to know that this is a place to enjoy and meet great people.

Snoz, you don't have to love my frogs, I'll let it slide...love ya, too. :)  (you might not want to check my new facebook album...reptiles, ya know ;) )

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/19/09 at 10:39 pm

can you feel the love?   :)

bookmistress... no need to thank me I genuinely like you and miss you when you're not here.

Cat and Tam- you guys are awesome and have become great friends

Jess, I mean Brazy Citch, thanks for keeping it real... I love having someone like you in my world.

Rice- you make me ROR.... I mean LOL  ;D

sami..... SAMI!!!! my partner in crime!  ;)  Always there to back me up! Keep 'em coming

karen... I'm so glad I've come to know you ... you are an amazing woman

Dag- hate the frogs LOVE YOU!!!

Midas- you're my main man

BFF- you were one of the first to befriend me here. I cherish that friendship and hope that I always honor it.

Ladybug.... you validate my existence if I think it you've probably said it. If I say it... I'm sure you thought it... you never let me beat myself up over something I've said... thanks!

Stats, my friend, thank you, thank you for everything... I always know it'll be good when I see a pm is from you!  :)

I'm sure there are others I should have thanked personally let's call it a momentary lapse of sanity!

and to everyone else.... I appreciate you all too... you make hanging out here fun.  I wish I could thank each and everyone of you I just don't have that kind of time!

I appreciate your friendship here too Q. I think you've made a lot of good friends because of your effervescent personality  8)      whoa, I did spell check and it did not edit me for my spelling of that long (e) word         

p.s.  you're a good egg                                  

Written By: Morton on 01/19/09 at 10:43 pm

Thanks to everyone online atm for being awake  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/20/09 at 6:45 am

Thanks to everyone online atm for being awake  ;D

You're Welcome.

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/09 at 6:44 pm

I posted this on my Facebook page....

Kathie thought I should post it here as well...

16 random reasons I'm addicted to inthe00s.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 11:35am
1. Where else can you find a great collection of people who know so much about pop culture? Most of them remember more sheesh than I've forgotten....especially about the 80s. Whistledog would be my first phone-a-friend if I ever got to be Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

2. At any given moment there are no less than 30 women who are ready to commiserate, validate, celebrate and support whatever emotion I am going through on any given day. There are a lot of guys to but there's nothing like the sisterhood....w00t!!!

3. Who knew you could make friends online....real friends... I have not met any of you yet but I feel like I've known most of you my whole life.

4. There are actually people there who watch some of the same things I watch...

5. There is no drama like w00t drama! and when the drama drops...watch out because you will get hit if you're not quick. Having said that tho...some of my best conflicts have come from inthe00s and it only helped strengthen the bonds I'd already set in place.

6. Where else can you give yourself a tagline "Not your average whore"...and not one person thinks it has anything to do with sex....

7. I am still amazed...even though all the information is right there in the post...that some people miss the whole point...sorry... there really is such a thing as a stupid question.

8. On a regular basis- the members make me, genuinely, laugh out loud.

9. Quirk validates, and defends, my obsession with both Dirty Dancing and Grease 2.

10. I have never seen a bloodshed like when the liberals unite... poor saver it was a losing battle right from the start.

11. All my fellow Wii enthusiasts are there.

12. The women have truly helped motivate me to start moving, as a result, now I am losing...we're all in this fight together.

13. I've learned that I am not alone.. there many similarly minded people out there all equally quick witted and equally sarcastic... and also... a little dirty (but in the good way!)

14. I've learned it's better to have Jessica as a friend than an enemy ;D thanks Jess... I fear your dark side but I LOVE to watch it in action. And when you know who returns.. I hope we can double team him again... cuz that was a great start for my birthday weekend!

15. Middle-aged perverts are great entertainment... he's hoping you all never change... I'd party with you all.

16. The members are from all over the world...so usually, at any given moment...someone is always there to hang with. W00T!!!

Written By: Howard on 01/24/09 at 5:21 am

Who knew you could make friends online....real friends... I have not met any of you yet but I feel like I've known most of you my whole life.

Number 3 is definitely true. :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/24/09 at 8:41 am

I posted this on my Facebook page....

Kathie thought I should post it here as well...

16 random reasons I'm addicted to inthe00s.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 11:35am
1. Where else can you find a great collection of people who know so much about pop culture? Most of them remember more sheesh than I've forgotten....especially about the 80s. Whistledog would be my first phone-a-friend if I ever got to be Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

2. At any given moment there are no less than 30 women who are ready to commiserate, validate, celebrate and support whatever emotion I am going through on any given day. There are a lot of guys to but there's nothing like the sisterhood....w00t!!!

3. Who knew you could make friends online....real friends... I have not met any of you yet but I feel like I've known most of you my whole life.

4. There are actually people there who watch some of the same things I watch...

5. There is no drama like w00t drama! and when the drama drops...watch out because you will get hit if you're not quick. Having said that tho...some of my best conflicts have come from inthe00s and it only helped strengthen the bonds I'd already set in place.

6. Where else can you give yourself a tagline "Not your average whore"...and not one person thinks it has anything to do with sex....

7. I am still amazed...even though all the information is right there in the post...that some people miss the whole point...sorry... there really is such a thing as a stupid question.

8. On a regular basis- the members make me, genuinely, laugh out loud.

9. Quirk validates, and defends, my obsession with both Dirty Dancing and Grease 2.

10. I have never seen a bloodshed like when the liberals unite... poor saver it was a losing battle right from the start.

11. All my fellow Wii enthusiasts are there.

12. The women have truly helped motivate me to start moving, as a result, now I am losing...we're all in this fight together.

13. I've learned that I am not alone.. there many similarly minded people out there all equally quick witted and equally sarcastic... and also... a little dirty (but in the good way!)

14. I've learned it's better to have Jessica as a friend than an enemy ;D thanks Jess... I fear your dark side but I LOVE to watch it in action. And when you know who returns.. I hope we can double team him again... cuz that was a great start for my birthday weekend!

15. Middle-aged perverts are great entertainment... he's hoping you all never change... I'd party with you all.

16. The members are from all over the world...so usually, at any given moment...someone is always there to hang with. W00T!!!

I loved it when I saw it on facebook and I still love it now.  It is all so true!!!!! :)

Written By: ninny on 01/24/09 at 9:40 am

I loved it when I saw it on facebook and I still love it now.  It is all so true!!!!! :)

I agree :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 9:44 am

Thanks... I was having a moment that day!

Written By: Howard on 01/24/09 at 3:37 pm

Thanks... I was having a moment that day!

and I loved your moment.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 3:54 pm

and I loved your moment.  ;)

thanks Howard....karma

Written By: statsqueen on 01/24/09 at 10:04 pm

I just read it.  Love it!  Thanks for posting it, Q!

I think you are pretty terrific (like you didn't already know that, right?)

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/09 at 10:05 pm

I just read it.  Love it!  Thanks for posting it, Q!

I think you are pretty terrific (like you didn't already know that, right?)

you pretty okay too statsqueen-san.... God I hope you saw The Karate Kid  ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/25/09 at 5:27 am

thanks Howard....karma

karma backatcha!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/09 at 11:30 am

karma backatcha!  :)

thank you!  you've been so generous with the karma lately....its nice!

Written By: Howard on 01/25/09 at 4:38 pm

thank you!  you've been so generous with the karma lately....its nice!

You're Welcome. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/22/11 at 7:01 am

I'd like to thank myself for achieveing the goal of 1 year at Ozone Park.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/22/11 at 9:32 am

I'd like to thank myself for achieveing the goal of 1 year at Ozone Park.  :)

congrats

Written By: wildcard on 10/22/11 at 12:04 pm

8)

Written By: Howard on 10/22/11 at 7:50 pm

congrats

Thanks.

Check for new replies or respond here...