inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unlocked IPhone

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/09 at 8:47 am

Is it really possible to unlock the Iphone for use with Verizon.  Youngone wants an IPhone for his 18th, but I have Verizon and have seen that there is supposedly a way to unlock the phone for use on the Verizon network.  Anyone know if it really works?

Subject: Re: Unlocked IPhone

Written By: Tam on 01/20/09 at 8:51 am

Is it really possible to unlock the Iphone for use with Verizon.  Youngone wants an IPhone for his 18th, but I have Verizon and have seen that there is supposedly a way to unlock the phone for use on the Verizon network.  Anyone know if it really works?

A friend of mine in Texas bought the iPhone and used it on the Verizon network.
They had to pay for the phone outright though and AT&T had to unlock it for them.
I am not sure exactly how it all worked out, but I know it is different because AT&T is sim card and Verizon is still CDMA. But I can assure you, the iPhone did work on the Verizon network. (Unfortunately, my friend paid almost a grand for the phone after everything was complete). :(

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/09 at 12:44 pm

there are sites that show you how to unlock an iphone but some people have problems with the phone after doing so.

If you google unlocking iphone or even go to youtube and search it you will see lots of posts on how to do and lots of comments on what happens when its done.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/09 at 2:23 pm

there are sites that show you how to unlock an iphone but some people have problems with the phone after doing so.

If you google unlocking iphone or even go to youtube and search it you will see lots of posts on how to do and lots of comments on what happens when its done.

I saw those, but I was wondering if they really worked.

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/09 at 4:17 pm

I saw those, but I was wondering if they really worked.

some of it works but I think other features do not...since I'm AT&T I don't know for sure.

I learn how to make ringtones for my iphone, right now you have to buy a ringtone capable song from itunes for 99 cents and then pay another 99 cents to make the ringtone.  That was too much for me... plus a lot of the songs I wanted were not avail as ringtones from iTunes... anyway- I managed to do that failrly easily... however.. I also wanted custom tones for text messaging. That requires "unlocking" the phone and a lot of what I read is that it kind of messed up peoples phones so I didn't try it.

Check for new replies or respond here...