inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ANime Past and Present

Written By: theanimewhore on 01/29/09 at 9:18 am

um for any anime freaks out there can talk here

Subject: Re: ANime Past and Present

Written By: Step-chan on 01/29/09 at 8:37 pm

I don't know where to start though.

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/09 at 10:01 pm

I don't know where to start though.

catgirls ?

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/09 at 12:28 am

catgirls ?

That's kinda vague, since there are several shows I can think of with them in it.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/09 at 12:08 pm

I'm glad I got a better look at that, Howard. I'm going to P.M. you really quick.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/09 at 2:19 pm

removed!  ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 01/30/09 at 7:09 pm

removed!  ;)

Okay, good. I didn't want you getting in trouble.

You know if one of my posts makes of you think of something like that that you found, you can PM me it. ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/31/09 at 6:53 am

Okay, good. I didn't want you getting in trouble.

You know if one of my posts makes of you think of something like that that you found, you can PM me it. ;)

the explicit ones I'll just PM you. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 01/31/09 at 8:11 pm

the explicit ones I'll just PM you. ;)

O0

Written By: Jessica on 01/31/09 at 8:51 pm

Too caught up in the old school.  I love Urusei Yatsura.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/31/09 at 10:02 pm

Too caught up in the old school.  I love Urusei Yatsura.

I have some of that series on tape(did have some DVDs as well, but they were part of the stuff stolen in 2006).

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/02/09 at 10:32 pm

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/12/tentaclegrape.jpg

"You either know what the joke here is, or you're a very lucky person living a happy, healthy life."
  -Alex Zalben, Nerve.com

Yes, it's a real product.

Liquified epic marketing win on a par with case of Brawndo I got last year.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/03/09 at 11:53 am

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/12/tentaclegrape.jpg

"You either know what the joke here is, or you're a very lucky person living a happy, healthy life."
  -Alex Zalben, Nerve.com

Yes, it's a real product.

Liquified epic marketing win on a par with case of Brawndo I got last year.

I know the reference...  I've also seen the Brawndo commerical too(never tried Brawndo).

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/03/09 at 11:58 pm

I know the reference...  I've also seen the Brawndo commerical too(never tried Brawndo).

Brawndo's good stuff.  Fluorescent green.  Big caffeine rush.  Imagine Gatorade and ~200mg of caffeine and other assorted stims.  Plus, it's got electrolytes.  You know, what plants crave...

Actually, energy drinks are actually really useful when you've got the flu.  Certain gastrointestinal abnormalities associated with certain diseases can result in temporary dehydration and electrolytic imbalance.  Ditto the dehydration associated with the sweating from fevers and/or the inability to keep solid food down.  The right way to solve that problem is by having some gastrolyte or pedialyte in a first-aid kit.  Because those products are powdered, they're my last resorts, and are being saved for the Zombiepocalypse (read: earthquake, social collapse, war, etc). 

Energy drinks are an excellent substitute for the real thing in non-emergency situations.  Uncaffeinated drinks are probably better choices than Brawndo (caffeine being a diuretic of sorts), but there's a wonderful placebo effect that comes from waking up feeling total crap because you've gotten nearly zero sleep, making the shivering crawl to the fridge, barely being able to open a can of Brawndo, muttering "there's a color found in nature" as you pour the green elixir into a wine glass, and then being wide awake and able to work from home (hey, why infect my cow orkers, they've got miseries of their own!) less than an hour later.

Recovering from a nasty cold/flu with optional GI side effects and feeling like crap?  Take a Brawndo and work from home!

At serious risk of dehydration from something like e.coli or other forms of food poisoning?  Gatorade and sleep.

Zombiepocalypse-level danger to life/health?  Purify some water, open the first-aid kit and use the real thing.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/04/09 at 12:45 am

I don't even know if I've seen any Brawndo where I live, I have drank stuff like Amp(I only like the Cherry, Orange and Grape varieties of Amp).

Check for new replies or respond here...