inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dave's Mood Blog

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/27/09 at 4:43 pm

I decided to start a little mini-blog like thing here, don't know that I'll be able to stick to daily or anything, but I will try to make a little entry each day and reply if there are any comments or questions the next day as well. . .I'll post my mood daily and why I feel the way I do

Currently my mood is  :-\\

Financially I am uncertain.  Work has picked up, but one of my bosses is 8 weeks behind on payment, and things seem like they are turning around outside of that one guy.  (I am a contracted assistant)  I am more secure now than I was two weeks ago, but until I get back out into a home of my own and not living with friends who have been great, but I hope I'm not intruding (who I will leave nameless so that I don't accidentally offend them if they don't want people to know about it).  I think things are going to work out, but I'm just not sure

The Blues won last night against Vancouver 4-2, unfortunately so did Nashville, so we are still one point out of the playoffs.  My main focuses on NHL tonight are the New Jersey Devils VS Chicago Blackhawks (Go Devils), Vancouver Canucks VS Colorado Avalanche (Go Avalanche), and Edmonton Oilers VS Anaheim Ducks (Don't care who wins, just do it in regulation so it's not a three point game) I'm also sort of rooting for Tampa Bay Lightning to beat Washington Capitals, Buffalo Sabres to beat Toronto Maple Leafs, and New York Islanders to beat Detroit Redwings

Go Blues  :)

Subject: Re: Dave's Mood Blog

Written By: gibbo on 03/28/09 at 1:06 am

Sounds optimistic...  Hope it continues that way for you. What's a 'contracted assistant' do?

Written By: wildcard on 04/14/09 at 10:46 am

Hi Davei

I don't know why that i is there.  I must have been i ing last night because there's one in another post I did too.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/04/09 at 10:40 pm

Not sure why I gave up on this my mood today is  :-\\

One of concern. . .I feel like writing a new poem, I put in two applications today as it seem work just doesn't want to pan out. . .the good thing is my new landlord is being really nice to me, he got me breakfast at a diner and dinner at Pizza Hut because he felt like going out. . .It was really cool because I was hungry and I'm sick of Spaghetti-Os, I got news that yet another Uncle is likely to pass, this after the unexpected death of my Uncle Rob last week.  I don't know Uncle Bernie as well, and technically he's a Great Uncle.  His death won't be as much of a surprise, and I won't be out of town on this one, but my Grandma (his sister) is going to take it really hard. . .He needs a liver transplant, but he's not a candidate for it. . .don't even know how to put a good spin on that.

I released another recording, but I need to write something fresh, I'm feeling particularly emo today  ::)  Emo is good for poetry.

Anyway that's it, would love hearing from others on thoughts and topics, not sure why I started this thread, but hey a venting place is a venting place.  WEIGHT WATCH:  Since May 1st I've lost 5.5 pounds. . .a long way to go though, and today probably didn't help that.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/04/09 at 10:47 pm

Life is full of uncertainty. . .it's like a roller coaster that is incomplete in the dark

One minute you are going up hill and next thing it feels like you are free falling, only to eventually be lifted up yet again

Some say life is what you make of it, which I suppose is true to a very limited extent

Life is also based a lot on luck, and what cards you are dealt--and how well you play them

I guess that's where I failed. . .I didn't play most of my cards well, and I'm ready for the next hand

The problem is, I keep waiting for the next hand to be dealt, and can't seem to get the dealer to see me

Metaphorically speaking, I'm tapped out at the moment, trying to keep my head up but having a dogging bad feeling, a combination of "I'm Trapped" and "What Now?" 

Written By: wildcard on 05/05/09 at 11:29 am

I hear you and the playing cards right and everything.  Don't count your mistakes.  We are humans and we are going to keep making mistakes.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/09 at 2:35 pm

I hear you and the playing cards right and everything.  Don't count your mistakes.  We are humans and we are going to keep making mistakes.

Cause we make mistakes in life and we're allowed to do so,We're not perfect.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/05/09 at 10:35 pm

Thanks Ann and Howard. . .

My mood today is about the same as yesterday, a little happier over all, but a little more uncertain so in the same ball park . . .

I put in applications at about 15 places today, and 4 online, and still no change in my current job as far as work is concerned. . .

I got a 9th recording in the wing, I try to keep recordings ahead of schedule so that when I go for a period where my voice is hurt or I'm out of town, I can still keep posting stuff.  I also started looking over the Matthias list to try and start choosing which 5 songs of his I will be best able to record in a timely manner for his winning of the AmIright Idle. 

I don't feel like doing my daily updates tonight (writing and typing a lot today--I'm taking a light day tomorrow because I haven't gotten desperate for a new job just yet, I still vaguely hope something changes with my current job, I enjoy it--but with the conversation I had today, I don't think things are changing anytime soon as far as consistency in work--hell with my luck it will be when I accept another job that things turn around) I may not feel like doing them, but I will, the updates need to be kept up, every time I skip them I get bombarded the next day

I also joined "Cash Carte" or something like that, while it seems legit, I think I may have just opened myself up to a heck of a lot of spam too. . .but hey, that's nothing new. . .

That's it for today. . .

"As I gaze into the sky and watch the stars, how peaceful they are, and how beautiful they are, I wonder why we can't be the same. . .then I think for another second and realize. . .that's just emo. . .best not think like that too much, might start sounding sappy"

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/06/09 at 10:51 pm

Today I'm actually feeling exhausted, but not tired. . .my eyes hurt, I exercised a lot, and put in another 4 applications. . .not much in walking distance and trying to conserve gas.  No calls from my boss today--so I assume the work situation is still the same. . .I'm going to call the Unemployment office tomorrow and see if they can help me, I don't qualify for unemployment, but surely that can help with the job search so I can stop filling out applications for companies that may or may not be hiring. . .the online search has been a joke, so I've gotta try something else. . .

That said, today just sucked all around, just sucked. . .don't know how else to say it, not that it was a bad day in news, nothings changed, but the rain, the sky--I couldn't go out for a walk, I got one recording done, but that's 10 so it's not like I needed to, I spent two hours on an indoor in place bike thing and thirty minutes doing crunches, and applied at a few local places. . .I also got a letter from Zales/Piercing Pagoda informing me they aren't hiring, well they could have told me that when I asked them "Are You Hiring" online. . .just frustrating. . .

Anyway, wish me luck, that's it for now, sorry for being a downer, believe me when good news hits, I'll post it too

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/10/09 at 12:17 am

>:(

I am so frustrated grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's my mood today, frustrated. . .

I won't go into a details, but I had to get it out. . . . . . . .

Written By: Howard on 05/10/09 at 6:35 am

>:(

I am so frustrated grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's my mood today, frustrated. . .

I won't go into a details, but I had to get it out. . . . . . . .

Anything or anybody got you angry today?  ???

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/10/09 at 11:31 am

Anything or anybody got you angry today?  ???

Well I think the job search has something to do it with it, but I think the main thing is actually taking a pill on a full stomach, one of the side effects is mood swings, normally I don't exhibit the side effects, but I guess the full stomach thing is serious.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/09 at 10:14 pm

Well I think the job search has something to do it with it, but I think the main thing is actually taking a pill on a full stomach, one of the side effects is mood swings, normally I don't exhibit the side effects, but I guess the full stomach thing is serious.

What do you suffer from?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...