inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What books from your teen years would you like to read now.

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/09 at 1:08 am

Are there any books you read as a teen/pre-teen that you would like to read again now as an adult?

And have you re-read any- did you gain a different perspective because you where you are now versus where you were then?

I just typed Go Ask Alice and I really think I want to revisit that book. I don't know that I fully understood it when I read it at 13.

Outsiders because I loved it so much.

Virtutally all my christopher pike books.

My two favorite books were always Bridge to Terabithia and Tuck Everlasting.... I read both of them again a few years ago..not because of the films but because I was telling someone about them and I wanted to know if they were still good.... Bridge to Terebithia still had me bawling like a baby but I didn't connect with Jesse like I did as a kid... I understood the parents better because I was ollder and realized how life worked....

When I read Tuck Everlasting I wanted to drink out of the well even more than the first time... guess my mortality is catching up to me so it forever sounds even better than ever... ;)

Subject: Re: What books from your teen years would you like to read now.

Written By: Frank on 04/01/09 at 1:30 am

Are there any books you read as a teen/pre-teen that you would like to read again now as an adult?

And have you re-read any- did you gain a different perspective because you where you are now versus where you were then?

I just typed Go Ask Alice and I really think I want to revisit that book. I don't know that I fully understood it when I read it at 13.

Outsiders because I loved it so much.

Virtutally all my christopher pike books.

My two favorite books were always Bridge to Terabithia and Tuck Everlasting.... I read both of them again a few years ago..not because of the films but because I was telling someone about them and I wanted to know if they were still good.... Bridge to Terebithia still had me bawling like a baby but I didn't connect with Jesse like I did as a kid... I understood the parents better because I was ollder and realized how life worked....

When I read Tuck Everlasting I wanted to drink out of the well even more than the first time... guess my mortality is catching up to me so it forever sounds even better than ever... ;)

The little Prince (St Exupery) I really liked that book as a pre-teen. I should read it again. It's a really cool book. Another one I should read again is "The Stone angel" - Margaret Lawrence

Written By: danootaandme on 04/01/09 at 4:29 am

Darkness at Noon-(Arthur Koestler) was probably the first real book I ever read.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/02/09 at 2:34 pm

I read "Go Ask Alice" when I was in the midst of a "Go Ask Alice" period of my own.  I was so annoyed with that book - I thought it was completely melodramatic and made up.  I'm sure it would scare the pants off of a 13 year old though.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/02/09 at 2:45 pm

I read "Go Ask Alice" when I was in the midst of a "Go Ask Alice" period of my own.  I was so annoyed with that book - I thought it was completely melodramatic and made up.  I'm sure it would scare the pants off of a 13 year old though.   ;D

It was completely made up.  ;)

For me it was Pigman. I read it as a teen and LOVED it. I found a copy of it not too long ago and reread it. It now sits in my personal library.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/02/09 at 3:11 pm

Freckle Juice.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/02/09 at 5:12 pm

It was completely made up.  ;)

For me it was Pigman. I read it as a teen and LOVED it. I found a copy of it not too long ago and reread it. It now sits in my personal library.

Cat

Oh my gosh, The Pigman is such a great book.  It's so sad how Mr.Pignati dies.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/02/09 at 5:13 pm

I'd go back and read Iggie's House by Judy Blume again.

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/09 at 6:20 pm

Oh my gosh, The Pigman is such a great book.  It's so sad how Mr.Pignati dies.

Ruin it for everyone why don't ya??? just kidding I still have my original....very well read copy.

As for Go Ask Alice. I was pretty sheltered as a teen so I didn't really understand it when I read it...now that I know about....um life... I want to revisit the book.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/03/09 at 3:34 am

when I was 16, I read The Hobbit & The Lord Of The Rings and have done so almost every 3 years since  8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/09 at 12:55 pm

Ruin it for everyone why don't ya??? just kidding I still have my original....very well read copy.

As for Go Ask Alice. I was pretty sheltered as a teen so I didn't really understand it when I read it...now that I know about....um life... I want to revisit the book.

I didn't say how though, so in theory I didn't ruin it.

I'd go back and read The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe again.

Check for new replies or respond here...