inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you still hunt for Easter Eggs?

Written By: anabel on 04/09/09 at 10:08 pm

Well, maybe we don't anymore, but do you have kids that you do this for?  My son has one he'll be going to on Sunday, but I have set up an early one for him for tomorow.

Easter Break is nearly over and there's no Camp tomorrow because of Good Friday. I'm working, so he'll be staying at home tomorrow with Grammy.  This means he'll be kinda bored.  I think I found a cool solution.

A couple of months ago, I took all of his Bakugans away from him because he was rotten.  He thinks I flushed them down the toilet!  ;)

I decided to give them back to him, and instead of just saying "here ya go", he's going to have to find them!!  I put them all in those plastic Easter eggs and just went out and hid them all around our backyard...I've left a note in a basket for him to collect them with.  It says how many eggs there are and that they are only in the backyard.  I figure that he will like having the Bakugans back much more than getting candy in the eggs.  Hopefully this will keep him busy for more than 15 minutes and he'll have his treasures back, too!!

Do any of you set up Easter Egg Hunts or go to any cool ones on Easter?  Any other Easter traditions?  Church and dinner?  Just sleeping in late?

Subject: Re: Do you still hunt for Easter Eggs?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/09/09 at 10:21 pm

My daughter went to the community hunt, but we don't hide eggs anymore.  We go to church and usually to my moms for dinner.

Written By: statsqueen on 04/09/09 at 10:39 pm

This year I gave Micah and her boyfriend Easter baskets, but no egg hunt or coloring (that I know of).  However, Micah had a hunt every year through age 16.  Because my parents spent the winter in Florida, we started a tradition of going to my hometown for the Easter weekend.  The weekend consisted of a movie ($2/ticket), visiting my elderly neighbors and "extended family" and an Easter egg hunt in the motel room.  She would spend Friday filling the eggs with candy and I would hide them on Saturday.  Not too much you can do in a motel room, but even when she was 16 she said that she had trouble with a couple--one of my finer moments.  Then it was going to the church I grew up in for service, lunch and back home.  When she was 16 the Chippendale dancers were performing at the motel where we stay (there aren't a lot of options down there).  We hung out with them in the lobby as they passed through (I know, but the guy who I think was the promoter had his son with him who looked younger than M).  Then I went in the bar to get autographs, etc.  Our room was on the same floor as theirs, as well.  This year we are spending the weekend with my parents.

(BTW, even though she is 19 and he is 18, they both loved their baskets and chocolate bunnies)  ;D ;D

Written By: Davester on 04/10/09 at 5:04 am

Only on DVDs now...

But I remember one easter egg that was left undiscovered for months in a drain pipe.  I finally found it...

Smelled just like a rotten egg...

Written By: Howard on 04/10/09 at 6:36 am

No I don't anymore,I used to when I was a kid.

Written By: 2kidsami on 04/10/09 at 6:49 am

Every Year one of the Radio Stations has an Adult Easter Egg Hunt.  They have all sorts of prizes including a car at each location, free limo rides, gift cards, cordless drills, Serta sleep set, free food, free movie passes, t-shirts, free tanning, Bud Select prizes, tickets to local events, Lumberyard II & more!!!!

Craziness and Chaos - and be prepared to not get any eggs :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceN8rYuC9iY - First couple minutes is the craziness of the Easter Egg Hunt -

Written By: Howard on 04/10/09 at 6:53 am

Every Year one of the Radio Stations has an Adult Easter Egg Hunt.  They have all sorts of prizes including a car at each location, free limo rides, gift cards, cordless drills, Serta sleep set, free food, free movie passes, t-shirts, free tanning, Bud Select prizes, tickets to local events, Lumberyard II & more!!!!

Craziness and Chaos - and be prepared to not get any eggs :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceN8rYuC9iY - First couple minutes is the craziness of the Easter Egg Hunt -

Wow,those people are crazy,just for stupid eggs.

Written By: Frank on 04/10/09 at 3:24 pm

Yup, still hunting . Dick Cheney better watch out !  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 04/10/09 at 5:07 pm

I'll probably hide a couple of dozen mini-eggs around the back yard. These days I seem to need a plan to remember how many..and where they were hidden!  :o

I think the kids eat a couple and then watch me wander around trying to remember where I hid them!  >:(

Written By: karen on 04/10/09 at 6:33 pm

We've usually organised an Easter Egg hunt for the children.  This year and last year we got together with the other British families and we each filled some of the plastic eggs and hid them around someones house.  Before that we just used individual chocolate eggs (including some Cadbury's Creme eggs).

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/10/09 at 7:32 pm

On my Facebook profile, I've been hunting Easter Eggs.

I have no children, so nobody to hide for (my cats don't seem interested in searching).  lol

One of my more painful memories revolve around me desperately wanting to go Easter Egg hunting when I was 6, not realizing that because my grandmother died that I would have to (naturally) miss the hunt.  I guess there were things I still did not understand back then.  lol
Mom told me about it years later and I'm still ashamed of my whining, and mom trying to hurry (as much as was possible) to take me to the egg hunt (even though it had been over for a hour by then.)  lol  Oh well.  ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/10/09 at 7:46 pm

Never really did the Easter Egg hunt thing. I always got those big, pre-packaged Easter baskets. I loved those!

I did go Easter egg hunting one time when I was 6....a friend of mine invited me to go with her to her church's Easter egg hunt. I was all prepared to take home a bunch of eggs, but the only ones I found were a couple of plastic eggs that had already been stomped on to death.  >:(  ;D

Written By: Michael C. on 04/10/09 at 8:48 pm

Haven't done the egg hunt for a few years now..................I just make a basket for My Daughter {usually w/ a stuffed animal....this year I got her a Despereaux..... :) } and Her Boyfriend.

Written By: gibbo on 04/10/09 at 9:12 pm

Haven't done the egg hunt for a few years now..................I just make a basket for My Daughter {usually w/ a stuffed animal....this year I got her a Despereaux..... :) } and Her Boyfriend.

...you got your daughter a boyfriend for Easter?  :o :D

Written By: Michael C. on 04/10/09 at 9:14 pm

He's a nice Kid............I'll take credit for Him.... ;)  :D

...you got your daughter a boyfriend for Easter?  :o :D

Written By: gibbo on 04/10/09 at 9:16 pm

He's a nice Kid............I'll take credit for Him.... ;)  :D

He'd better stay nice then eh?  ;)

Written By: Michael C. on 04/10/09 at 9:17 pm

As I told Him......"She cries.......You cry......."  :o  ;)
He'd better stay nice then eh?  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/09 at 11:34 pm

We are taking Vaughn to our annual Easter egg hunt at our church tomorrow. It's always a fun time for the kids.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 04/11/09 at 6:01 am

I did help hide about a hundred painted eggs last Easter Sunday for all the little ones in my family to find. :)

Written By: anabel on 04/11/09 at 9:08 am

Posted on: Today at 06:01:10 AMPosted by: 80sTrivMeister

Insert Quote

I did help hide about a hundred painted eggs last Easter Sunday for all the little ones in my family to find. 

A hundred? Wow, that sounds like fun!

When I got home from work yesterday, Matthew gave me the biggest hug ever.  He was thrilled to have his Bakugan back. He said he was really happy it wasn't just more candy and that it was something he really wanted.  He told me he had suspicions all along that I would never flush away his Bakugan.  They were too dang expensive!  He has 27 of them and they were about $11 each, on average.  My Mom said she watched him find them and that he had a blast hunting them down.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/11/09 at 4:26 pm

I just barely said on my Facebook that I wish there were Easter egg hunts for grown ups.  I used to LOVE hunting for eggs as a kid.  Maybe I can talk my husband into hiding some for me this year...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/11/09 at 4:39 pm

Haven't done an egg hunt in years.  I'm just now getting back my appreciation of mass quantities of Easter Candy.

Written By: Howard on 04/11/09 at 4:43 pm

I just barely said on my Facebook that I wish there were Easter egg hunts for grown ups.  I used to LOVE hunting for eggs as a kid.  Maybe I can talk my husband into hiding some for me this year...

i used to love eating them,especially Cadbury's Chocolate Eggs.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/11/09 at 6:18 pm

Hell yeah.  I have some of those in my pantry right now!

Written By: gibbo on 04/11/09 at 6:29 pm

Just finished a mini Easter egg hunt (Cadbury eggs...of course). It's pouring rain outside so I hid them inside the house.  This time I counted them at the beginning and the end..... ;)

Written By: karen on 04/11/09 at 6:31 pm

What we are missing here is the big hollow easter eggs you get in the UK (and possibly elsewhere).  Lots and lots of mini eggs don't make up for it

Written By: Jeff Steele on 04/11/09 at 7:19 pm

No.  I stopped Easter egg-hunting in the early '80s.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/09 at 5:15 am

Hell yeah.  I have some of those in my pantry right now!

What I like is the gooey inside with the cream filling.

Written By: Michael C. on 04/12/09 at 9:33 am

I'm sure He was VERY happy.
Some years back My Daughter was into Pokemon & Beanie Babies
......So I know how they get about such things.

Posted on: Today at 06:01:10 AMPosted by: 80sTrivMeister

Insert Quote

I did help hide about a hundred painted eggs last Easter Sunday for all the little ones in my family to find. 

A hundred? Wow, that sounds like fun!

When I got home from work yesterday, Matthew gave me the biggest hug ever.  He was thrilled to have his Bakugan back. He said he was really happy it wasn't just more candy and that it was something he really wanted.  He told me he had suspicions all along that I would never flush away his Bakugan.  They were too dang expensive!  He has 27 of them and they were about $11 each, on average.   My Mom said she watched him find them and that he had a blast hunting them down.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...