inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Signs you may need to start looking for another job...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/25/09 at 12:42 pm

When the business section of your local newspaper prints an article about your company being in such dire financial straits that they add a Photoshopped picture of one of your company's trucks driving off a cliff...

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/IMG_2189.jpg

...you may need to start looking for another job.  :o :o :o

(Source: Kansas City Star 4/24/09)

Subject: Re: Signs you may need to start looking for another job...

Written By: Step-chan on 04/25/09 at 9:44 pm

A more serious one

Where you lose 6 hours out of you work week and you only 21 to begin with(happened to me this week). >:(

Written By: Frank on 04/26/09 at 1:32 am

When everyone around you is racist towards you.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/09 at 6:45 am

When they don't need you as much anymore.

Written By: Gis on 04/27/09 at 6:54 am

When the business section of your local newspaper prints an article about your company being in such dire financial straits that they add a Photoshopped picture of one of your company's trucks driving off a cliff...

...you may need to start looking for another job.  :o :o :o

(Source: Kansas City Star 4/24/09)
Ouch!

When they move your department to a new county but tell you you won't be required to work there.  :-\\ At least I have 18 months before that happens.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/27/09 at 10:16 am

Ouch!

When they move your department to a new county but tell you you won't be required to work there.  :-\\ At least I have 18 months before that happens.

No way!  :o

Written By: Red Ant on 04/27/09 at 11:00 am

When illegal immigrants turn down the work you are doing, it's time to look for another job.

When you stop writing off expenses on tax forms because you're at less than $1k taxable income...

Great find, Al.

Ant

Written By: Howard on 04/27/09 at 2:42 pm

Ouch!

I'm sorry Gis that had happened to you.  :(

Written By: Gis on 04/29/09 at 2:52 am

No way!   :o
yeah sadly, really not sure what's going to happen over the next couple of years............

Written By: Howard on 04/29/09 at 6:10 am

yeah sadly, really not sure what's going to happen over the next couple of years............

So what are your next plans?  ???

Written By: Gis on 04/29/09 at 8:41 am

So what are your next plans?  ???
Lord only knows Howard that's the thing. I've worked here over 20 years........... :-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/29/09 at 1:52 pm

Lord only knows Howard that's the thing. I've worked here over 20 years........... :-\\

You could try looking in the Classified or get some applications together which is a first.

Written By: Gis on 04/29/09 at 2:25 pm

You could try looking in the Classified or get some applications together which is a first.
Problem is library jobs are few and far between and I'm not really qualified for anything else....

Written By: Howard on 04/29/09 at 2:39 pm

Problem is library jobs are few and far between and I'm not really qualified for anything else....

You could try working at home.

Written By: karen on 04/29/09 at 7:12 pm

have you looked at jobs.ac.uk?  There even appears to be a librarian job in Oxford?  ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/30/09 at 2:10 am

Great find, Al.

Ant

Great find? Thanks, but not really.

That is the company I work for.  :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: Gis on 04/30/09 at 3:31 am

have you looked at jobs.ac.uk?  There even appears to be a librarian job in Oxford?  ???
There are a few for Oxford but either the moneys not good or I don't have all the right qualifications, no degree in librarianship.  :-\\ 

Thanks for the heads up on the website though didn't know that was there.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/30/09 at 6:32 am

There are a few for Oxford but either the moneys not good or I don't have all the right qualifications, no degree in librarianship.  :-\\ 

have you tried networking?  ???

Written By: mooster on 04/30/09 at 7:26 am

Ouch!

I'm sorry Gis  :(  Have they said whether they will help you in your venture to find alternative employment when the time comes?

Written By: karen on 04/30/09 at 8:16 am

It might still be worth applying using your experience in lieu of the 'right' qualifications.  Up to a certain level the job evaluation thing allows that.

Written By: Gis on 04/30/09 at 9:15 am

I'm sorry Gis  :(  Have they said whether they will help you in your venture to find alternative employment when the time comes?
Thankfully yes, though I'm slightly suspicious of what I might be offered knowing this place!

As I say it's not going to be for another 18 months so I'm not worrying just yet. I am keeping my ears and eyes open in the meantime for anything else that might come up within the University rather than just the library. If nothing else i have a damn good pension which I would like to keep!

Written By: Howard on 04/30/09 at 6:59 pm

Thankfully yes, though I'm slightly suspicious of what I might be offered knowing this place!

As I say it's not going to be for another 18 months so I'm not worrying just yet. I am keeping my ears and eyes open in the meantime for anything else that might come up within the University rather than just the library. If nothing else i have a damn good pension which I would like to keep!

Good Luck and hopefully something comes along.

Check for new replies or respond here...