inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your first bad word!

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/09 at 3:09 am

Remember this?

Where were you and when/how did it crop up?

Subject: Re: Your first bad word!

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/09 at 3:11 am

I'll start....

I was in fourth grade. While riding my bike with a friend I hit a pretty deep pot hole...

I said .... shyt!

My friend said  *gasp*

I said... Please!!!! http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x105/GabyLycious/beggingpleasesmiley.gif  Please don't tell my mome  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/09 at 3:14 am

Oh and then the big one...

I was at lunch with friends... we were sitting outside in the grass on campus. Right outside of the chemistry classroom...
I don't remember what we were talking but I remembered I decided to drop the F-Bomb....

The conversation stopped (it was Catholic School and we were freshman)

I looked around to see if anyone "important" overheard...they didn't.... I liked the power of the word and I've been effin' using it ever effin' since

;D

Written By: Howard on 05/06/09 at 5:36 am

Man I can't remember but I believe it was Damn It. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/09 at 6:11 am

As my life has progress, I had always reflected on this, I reckon that it was the comedy wit and author Spike Milligan taught me the dire swear words, when I picked them up in the readings of his books.

Written By: Paul on 05/06/09 at 6:56 am

Picked up at primary school undoubtedly, but can't for the life of me remember what it was!

Probably the four-letter word starting with 'C'...

'Cash'    ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/09 at 10:58 am

It was such a BAD word, I hope I don't get banned for saying it but it was...Hell. And even then it was I was singing a song that had the word in it. THE HORRORS! THE HORRORS!  :o :o :o :o  My mother told me that it was ok to say words like that if they are in songs. I may have said damn a few times also-and yes, it was in lyrics to songs.

Cat

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/06/09 at 11:06 am

hell isn't a bad word, my first bad word was "Bi*ch"  my mom about slapped the $h*t out of me for saying it too (I was 9)

Written By: Midas on 05/06/09 at 11:07 am

The one that comes to mind was when I was around 5 or 6...just moved to AZ and my grandparents came to visit.  We were riding back from a restaurant and my parents were talking about the store Smitty's (which was kinda like a modern day Walllyworld Stuporcenter on a slightly smaller scale) and I decided to make a rhyme with the store name. :D

Written By: ninny on 05/06/09 at 11:35 am

Mine was at age 9 and I said the Lords name in vein,and my mouth was washed out with soap,plus I had to say a few Hail Marys.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/06/09 at 11:38 am

When I was in 2nd grade I sat with this boy on the bus. He was teasing this girl and calling her Elissa f**kinizer..and I thought it sounded funny, so I chimed in on it. I didn't think it was funny, however, whenever her mother called my parents..and I got my butt beat. ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/09 at 11:47 am

When I was in Kindergarten, this really tough kid Russell always said the "F" word.  I had never heard it before, but I just sort of instantly knew it was bad.  Fast forward to first grade.  I was in Mrs. Avery's reading class.  I loved Mrs. Avery.  She was young and beautiful and I swear every single kid had a crush on her.  Ryan something or other was sitting next to me.  I know his last name started with an "N" but I can't remember what it was.  Anyway, he was being a butthole, and I turned to him and said "Eff You Off!"  Except I said the real word.  He ran and told Mrs. Avery (he was such a little pansy) and she quickly pulled me into her office and said "do you know what that word means?"  I said "no" and she said "well you shouldn't say words if you don't know what they mean."  I've never been so ashamed.  To have my beloved Mrs. Avery be disappointed in me was the worst thing that ever could have happened.  I've hated that asswipe Ryan ever since.

Written By: Red Ant on 05/06/09 at 12:12 pm

Hell would have been it, when I was 9 or 10. Like Catwoman, I was singing a song: Rockwell's "Somebody's Wactching Me".

The first time I ever got into trouble with language was maybe a year later, when I was at a slumber party. I jokingly called one of my friends a "tittybaby", a word learned from my mother's boyfriend at the time. My friend wasn't upset, but one of the other kids told my friend's mom about it. Oops. She pulled me aside and, well, the resulting interrogation wasn't pleasant, and neither was leaving the party early.

Ant

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/06/09 at 12:14 pm

Hell would have been it, when I was 9 or 10. Like Catwoman, I was singing a song: Rockwell's "Somebody's Wactching Me".

The first time I ever got into trouble with language was maybe a year later, when I was at a slumber party. I jokingly called one of my friends a "tittybaby", a word learned from my mother's boyfriend at the time. My friend wasn't upset, but one of the other kids told my friend's mom about it. Oops. She pulled me aside and, well, the resulting interrogation wasn't pleasant, and neither was leaving the party early.

Ant

I wouldn't consider that a bad word either, but I guess for a 9 year old. . .

Written By: Frank on 05/06/09 at 3:37 pm

I don't remember what it was, but probably on George Carlin's list of seven words you could not
say on TV.

Written By: whistledog on 05/06/09 at 6:26 pm

When I was little, 'Peter Puck' was popular.  It was a series of animated shorts that aired during CBC's Hockey Night in Canada.  When you pull your cheeks apart and say the word Puck, it comes out totally different, and I used to do this all the time when I'd watch the show.  My mom wasn't too happy LOL

Written By: Dagwood on 05/06/09 at 6:29 pm

I honestly don't remember.  They weren't a big deal in my house, though.  I do remember getting in trouble in high school when I said sh*t to someone.  My favorite teacher is the one who got mad at me, too. :(

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/06/09 at 7:31 pm

While not necessarily a bad word, mine was certainly inappropriate.  When I was 4, I LOVED the word douche!  It was so fun to say (there was a whole song that consisted of only that word) and of course, there was a commercial I loved mimic that had me asking passing strangers:

"Do you douche?  Are you a Summer's Eve lady?"

She laughs about it now, but at the time my mother was horrified.  I KEPT doing it until my stepfather bribed me with a beautiful picture of a beagle.

Written By: Frank on 05/06/09 at 7:50 pm

When I was little, 'Peter Puck' was popular.  It was a series of animated shorts that aired during CBC's Hockey Night in Canada.  When you pull your cheeks apart and say the word Puck, it comes out totally different, and I used to do this all the time when I'd watch the show.  My mom wasn't too happy LOL

OMG, we use to do the same thing!

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/06/09 at 8:04 pm

I really don't remember what my first bad word was, but I did get lectured by my fifth grade teacher for saying "Damn" on the playground while playing tether ball.  How was I supposed to know she was standing right behind me?  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 05/06/09 at 8:09 pm

Three years old.  I was coloring and made a mistake, so I said, "Damn it."  My mom was thoroughly amused because she said I had this look of horror on my face like I expected to get in trouble.  That was the start of my foul mouth. :D

Jason has dropped the "s" bomb a couple of times already, and has picked up "dammit", "crap", and "butthead".  He doesn't say them anymore since we told them they were bad, and has even chastised us when we cuss. ;D

Written By: statsqueen on 05/06/09 at 9:28 pm

When I was 10, I was climbing out of the car and slipped and said Damn in front of my mom.  Like Jess, I thought I was going to be in trouble and remember slapping both hands over my mouth (like that would help).  She just looked at me and asked what I said.  "Oops" was pretty much it.  I don't think I got in much trouble because a few years before that, my younger brother told my mother in the middle of the cereal aisle that she could buy whatever cereal she wanted and he didn't give a damn if I ate the whole box. I think Mom was more amused than anything.

Written By: anabel on 05/07/09 at 5:48 pm

I can't remember the first bad word, but I DO remember the first time I cussed and flipped someone the bird in my Mom's presence!
I was 16 and was driving my first car.  I think the reason she was with me is because I was still getting the hang of the stick shift. This guy pulled out in front of me on Court Street, right in front of Wal Mart.  I got so mad I literally slammed my left flip off finger into the windshield and called him an @ssh@le.  Then I turned to look at my Mom and she's giving me this look  ???  We laughed about it and now we cuss together all the time.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 9:34 pm

I can't remember the first bad word, but I DO remember the first time I cussed and flipped someone the bird in my Mom's presence!
I was 16 and was driving my first car.  I think the reason she was with me is because I was still getting the hang of the stick shift. This guy pulled out in front of me on Court Street, right in front of Wal Mart.  I got so mad I literally slammed my left flip off finger into the windshield and called him an @ssh@le.  Then I turned to look at my Mom and she's giving me this look   ???   We laughed about it and now we cuss together all the time.  ;)

I never cuss in front of my mom...ever... well I did once but I don't think she heard me... I was getting out of the car and I dropped my CD player... I said shyt... I was about 22  ;D and I cringed like a 5 year old who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 9:42 pm

It was such a BAD word, I hope I don't get banned for saying it but it was...Hell. And even then it was I was singing a song that had the word in it. THE HORRORS! THE HORRORS!  :o :o :o :o  My mother told me that it was ok to say words like that if they are in songs. I may have said damn a few times also-and yes, it was in lyrics to songs.

Cat

I used to sing the Shaft Theme Song and would say "Down Shaft!" because I didn't want to cuss I was like 3 or 4

Isn't there a cuss word in Joy to the World? I think I mmmphed my way thru that one too...

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 9:42 pm

When I was in 2nd grade I sat with this boy on the bus. He was teasing this girl and calling her Elissa f**kinizer..and I thought it sounded funny, so I chimed in on it. I didn't think it was funny, however, whenever her mother called my parents..and I got my butt beat. ;D

that does sound funny

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 9:50 pm

When I was in Kindergarten, this really tough kid Russell always said the "F" word.  I had never heard it before, but I just sort of instantly knew it was bad.  Fast forward to first grade.  I was in Mrs. Avery's reading class.  I loved Mrs. Avery.  She was young and beautiful and I swear every single kid had a crush on her.  Ryan something or other was sitting next to me.  I know his last name started with an "N" but I can't remember what it was.  Anyway, he was being a butthole, and I turned to him and said "Eff You Off!"  Except I said the real word.  He ran and told Mrs. Avery (he was such a little pansy) and she quickly pulled me into her office and said "do you know what that word means?"  I said "no" and she said "well you shouldn't say words if you don't know what they mean."  I've never been so ashamed.  To have my beloved Mrs. Avery be disappointed in me was the worst thing that ever could have happened.  I've hated that asswipe Ryan ever since.

stupid Russell... I think I'm gonna go smite him! that pansy!  >:( 

When I was in fourth grade some stupid kid called me a bitch and the teacher asked him if he knew what the word meant... he didn't
so she made him go to the dictionary and look it up and read the definition to the whole class. She then made him sit in the corner and write me an apology letter.... later on the playground he got mad that he was embarrassed in class (like it was my fault  ::) ) and pushed me. 
I ended up hitting my mouth and breaking off half of one of my front teeth.... If I remember his name I would smite him too...

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/09 at 9:50 pm

When I was 10, I was climbing out of the car and slipped and said Damn in front of my mom.  Like Jess, I thought I was going to be in trouble and remember slapping both hands over my mouth (like that would help).  She just looked at me and asked what I said.  "Oops" was pretty much it.  I don't think I got in much trouble because a few years before that, my younger brother told my mother in the middle of the cereal aisle that she could buy whatever cereal she wanted and he didn't give a damn if I ate the whole box. I think Mom was more amused than anything.

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/09 at 10:35 am

I never cuss in front of my mom...ever... well I did once but I don't think she heard me... I was getting out of the car and I dropped my CD player... I said shyt... I was about 22  ;D and I cringed like a 5 year old who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.  ;D

I don't usually cuss in front of my mom either. I think I said the "S" word in front of her once and she looked at me and said, "What did you say?" I said to her, "I have said worse." My dad on the other hand... ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Midas on 05/08/09 at 11:49 am

I don't usually cuss in front of my mom either. I think I said the "S" word in front of her once and she looked at me and said, "What did you say?" I said to her, "I have said worse." My dad on the other hand... ;D ;D ;D

Cat

My mom cusses like a sailor now that the kids are grown up and out of the house.  It's shocking and funny at the same time.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/08/09 at 8:34 pm

My mom cusses like a sailor now that the kids are grown up and out of the house.  It's shocking and funny at the same time.

Sounds like my mom!  ;D  She rarely cussed when I was a kid, and even used to reprimand my father for cussing!  Now she cusses waaaay more than she ever did!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/08/09 at 8:42 pm

Mom said my Official first bad word was Damn, coincidentally it was about a minute after my Dad said it.  I can remember calling someone a bitch in front of my Mom once. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/09 at 4:56 pm

To this day..I don't think I have ever swore in front of my mom! :o

Written By: barefootrobin on 05/09/09 at 5:23 pm

In grade 3 I honestly didn't know that calling someone a prick was bad.  I called my Uncle a prick during a rather large family game of Monopoly.  You could have heard a pin drop.  I didn't get into a whole lot of trouble over it but I still get razzed for it to this day. 

The eff word?  I started using that in grade six and haven't stopped! ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/09/09 at 7:09 pm

To this day..I don't think I have ever swore in front of my mom! :o

Have you sworn in front of Vaughn?  ???

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/10/09 at 11:50 am

In grade 3 I honestly didn't know that calling someone a prick was bad.  I called my Uncle a prick during a rather large family game of Monopoly.  You could have heard a pin drop.  I didn't get into a whole lot of trouble over it but I still get razzed for it to this day.   

The eff word?  I started using that in grade six and haven't stopped! ;)

The big question though, is was your uncle actually acting like a prick?  I mean, he may have had it coming...  ;)

Written By: wildcard on 05/10/09 at 1:43 pm

Not sure exactly, but while playing video games.  My guess would be damit.  My dad would use foul language when my mom was acting like a bitch.  I've learned to use foul language it to make a point.  I also may use it when I'm fooling around ( Joel and I are proud to be called a$$holes) and you may have seen me pound on the keyboard in the game room.

Written By: barefootrobin on 05/11/09 at 11:28 am

The big question though, is was your uncle actually acting like a prick?  I mean, he may have had it coming...  ;)

LMAO!  I think he was winning, so no, not really....

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/11/09 at 2:05 pm

LMAO!  I think he was winning, so no, not really....

:)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/13/09 at 8:57 am

Have you sworn in front of Vaughn?  ???

Yes. I try not to...but sometimes I get so mad and I say a few things.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/09 at 10:22 pm

Yes. I try not to...but sometimes I get so mad and I say a few things.

Does he repeat?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/13/09 at 10:35 pm

Does he repeat?

he has...but usually when he's repeated things...it was something that was said down at his other grandma's house (his aunt swears a lot..even though I told them to watch their language). ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/14/09 at 6:22 am

he has...but usually when he's repeated things...it was something that was said down at his other grandma's house (his aunt swears a lot..even though I told them to watch their language). ::)

Yeah,kids have a tendency to repeat things especially on television.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/14/09 at 5:30 pm

Gosh, I remember being five and whispering "practicing" bad words. But I never oficially cursed until I was 12. I was in the puke-atorium for lunch and another kid cut me and I told them to get the hell out my way. LOL

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/14/09 at 8:30 pm

Gosh, I remember being five and whispering "practicing" bad words. But I never oficially cursed until I was 12. I was in the puke-atorium for lunch and another kid cut me and I told them to get the hell out my way. LOL

Puke-atorium! LOL! I like that!  ;D

It was called the "barf-eteria" when I was in elementary school!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 8:33 pm

oohhh..."Get the hell out of (your) way"  you must have had them quaking in their boots  ;D

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/16/09 at 8:45 pm

^^Actually no.  :( ^^

Fifteen kids doubled over laughing at me... :(

I shoulda been listening to some old Prince records. Man used to swear as easily as breathing.

But I'll admit it is funny to hear me swear because of my voice. I have a very polite voice with a hint of a southern accent and I sound more like an extra from Gone With the Wind when I speak. You ever hear Scarlett curse.

That's how ridiculous I sound.

Fiddle-dee-dee!  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/09 at 11:16 pm

I shoulda been listening to some old Prince records. Man used to swear as easily as breathing.

But I'll admit it is funny to hear me swear because of my voice. I have a very polite voice with a hint of a southern accent and I sound more like an extra from Gone With the Wind when I speak. You ever hear Scarlett curse.

;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/17/09 at 12:55 am

Aww, let me know when you want to curse at someone, then.  I do it often and with a New York accent to boot  ;).

Written By: Howard on 05/17/09 at 6:36 am

Aww, let me know when you want to curse at someone, then.  I do it often and with a New York accent to boot  ;).

I'll help you curse at someone.  ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/18/09 at 2:16 pm

Thanks guys!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/18/09 at 4:26 pm

Ah,Fudge!  >:(

;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/09 at 10:17 pm

Ah,Fudge!  >:(

;D

yeah...with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/19/09 at 1:25 pm

yeah...with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

You forgot sprinkles. :(

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 4:17 pm

You forgot sprinkles. :(

Ah yes...but I like nuts....damn.. I shouldn't have said that

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/19/09 at 5:03 pm

Ah yes...but I like nuts....damn.. I shouldn't have said that

I like peanuts myself.  Peanut brittle is darn good stuff. :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/09 at 6:08 pm

I like peanuts myself.  Peanut brittle is darn good stuff. :)

SAVE!!! thx!  I like walnuts...

Written By: Howard on 05/19/09 at 6:47 pm

My new bad word is "fudge on a stick".  ;D

Written By: Stompgal on 06/07/09 at 7:51 am

I was nine years old and two girls at primary school kept telling me to "f**k off"on the playground. At that time, I had no idea that it was a swear word and thought it was another way of saying, "Go away!"

When I was playing at home with my parents, I unintentionally said, "F**k off!" and my dad just laughed. He then told me that f**k was a swear word.

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/09 at 8:04 am

I was nine years old and two girls at primary school kept telling me to "f**k off"on the playground. At that time, I had no idea that it was a swear word and thought it was another way of saying, "Go away!"

When I was playing at home with my parents, I unintentionally said, "F**k off!" and my dad just laughed. He then told me that f**k was a swear word.

;D

At least he had a good reaction.

Written By: Frank on 06/08/09 at 12:33 am

I don't think I have said a swear word other than SH*T in the last 5 years.
I hardly ever swear at all
When I am mad, I say "Aw...FFFFFiladelphia"  :o
It's true!

Written By: Howard on 06/08/09 at 6:36 am

I guess now that you're older,you have more knowledge of the word. ;D

Written By: Stompgal on 06/09/09 at 10:11 am

;D

At least he had a good reaction.

That's true.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/09/09 at 10:30 am

I don't think I have said a swear word other than SH*T in the last 5 years.
I hardly ever swear at all
When I am mad, I say "Aw...FFFFFiladelphia"  :o
It's true!

So you've been to South Philly? 8-P

Written By: Frank on 06/09/09 at 3:12 pm

So you've been to South Philly? 8-P

Actually I have

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/09/09 at 3:13 pm

Actually I have

I thought so. ;D

Written By: Criz on 06/10/09 at 12:13 pm

I was 3 and at my cousin's christening party. We were all outside in the garden and I suddenly called my aunt a bitch. I remember this vividly!

I had just heard the word somewhere, not knowing what it meant! I was swiftly taken away where my mother proceeded to shout at me!

Check for new replies or respond here...