inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I think the way the day started today, is not a good omen...

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/08/09 at 9:57 am

Got up around the usual time, headed out the door early and drove about two miles down the road. As I'm headed down a small hill I can see a large bird on the power lines ahead.  I think to myself, "wow, that's a big hawk" and it begins to take off.  Just then I see a long white stream of crap flow out from behind it.  I hit the brakes but the timing was such that it hit the hood, the grill, and the windshield with deadly accuracy. I thought about it afterwards, and had I sped up I think it would have hit the roof.  So I turned around and went home to hose it off.  Susan had the gall to call out to me when I was hosing the car down to give hers a quick hose off as well.  Needless to say I was not overly receptive to the idea (but I did it anyways).

As my co-worker pointed out, it could have been worse. I could have been driving in the convertible at the time.

Subject: Re: I think the way the day started today, is not a good omen...

Written By: karen on 05/08/09 at 10:12 am

It's supposed to mean good luck if a bird poops on you

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/08/09 at 10:19 am

Got up around the usual time, headed out the door early and drove about two miles down the road. As I'm headed down a small hill I can see a large bird on the power lines ahead.  I think to myself, "wow, that's a big hawk" and it begins to take off.  Just then I see a long white stream of crap flow out from behind it.  I hit the brakes but the timing was such that it hit the hood, the grill, and the windshield with deadly accuracy. I thought about it afterwards, and had I sped up I think it would have hit the roof.  So I turned around and went home to hose it off.  Susan had the gall to call out to me when I was hosing the car down to give hers a quick hose off as well.  Needless to say I was not overly receptive to the idea (but I did it anyways).

As my co-worker pointed out, it could have been worse. I could have been driving in the convertible at the time.

Hahaha. . .bad Hawk, bad Hawk, Karma for having to deal with that crap :)

Written By: Gis on 05/08/09 at 10:23 am

You beat me to it!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/09 at 10:41 am

I understand how frustrating that is/was to you but I can't help it, this made me laugh. Karma for your troubles.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/08/09 at 12:38 pm

I'll have to let Susan know that, she got a good dose of it on her shoulder when we walking on our honeymoon in Bermuda.  She was less than happy about it.

Written By: Paul on 05/08/09 at 1:57 pm

Does this apply with ostriches?

Written By: karen on 05/08/09 at 1:58 pm

Does this apply with ostriches?

It just means lots and lots of luck

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/08/09 at 2:27 pm

what a shtty thing for that bird to do.    so a bird pooped on you and that's supposed to bring good luck. I don't think so  ;D    not to be negative here, but I think it means for that day everyone and thing is gonna sh*t on you but only for that day  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/08/09 at 5:04 pm

I'm sorry you were pooped on,hope you were able to wash it all off.

Written By: whistledog on 05/09/09 at 10:41 pm

Then this guy must be the luckiest man alive ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLlqIuVhI

Written By: Howard on 05/10/09 at 8:02 am

It just means lots and lots of luck

When I had a seagull poop on me,there wasn't good luck for me. ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/11/09 at 12:12 pm

One of my friends was sitting at a light with her sunroof open and a bird pooped all over her head and shoulder.  She was on her way to the eye doctor, and she still kept the appointment!  I couldn't believe it.  I would have cancelled.  To this day, I'm still afraid to drive with my sunroof open.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/11/09 at 7:29 pm

Sorry you got pooped on, Chucky.  :(

My car windshield has been pooped on by birds a few times and its really unpleasant, yucky stuff to remove.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 05/11/09 at 10:23 pm

Sorry you got pooped on, Chucky.  :(

My car windshield has been pooped on by birds a few times and its really unpleasant, yucky stuff to remove.  8-P

and then you get that bird poop smell later.  8-P

Written By: whistledog on 05/12/09 at 7:07 pm

Whenever I am walking and I see Seagulls flying above me, I always kind of scooch as if planes were diveboming me.  You never know when one of them is going to drop a bomb LOL

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/12/09 at 8:00 pm

and then you get that bird poop smell later.  8-P

That too!  :(  8-P

Written By: Howard on 05/12/09 at 9:45 pm

Whenever I am walking and I see Seagulls flying above me, I always kind of scooch as if planes were diveboming me.  You never know when one of them is going to drop a bomb LOL

and sometimes you can't help it. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/15/09 at 6:46 pm

I don't like being pooped on but it's something we can't avoid sometimes.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/15/09 at 7:11 pm

I got pooped on once. It ruined my favorite tie-dye shirt (it was 1994 and grunge was in)

I wish I could do like the man in that Red Bull commercial and sligshot a cork in the bird's butt.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 05/15/09 at 7:31 pm

I got pooped on once. It ruined my favorite tie-dye shirt (it was 1994 and grunge was in)

I wish I could do like the man in that Red Bull commercial and sligshot a cork in the bird's butt.  >:(

I wish I could do that too. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...