inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How Many Pushups Can You Do?

Written By: YWN on 05/27/09 at 11:26 am

The Air Force ROTC program would like to see me do 62.  ...I can do 25 as of now (working on it).  But I'm wondering how many you guys can.

Subject: Re: How Many Pushups Can You Do?

Written By: Red Ant on 05/27/09 at 1:10 pm

First off, Happy Birthday!  8)

How long do you have to do 62? Is is 90 seconds or 2 minutes? I can't remember the time they gave us.

Just now I did 20 - I could maybe do 50 in 90 seconds, shoulders permitting. They're still pretty sore from painting the house.

After boot camp I maxxed out before time expired. It's easier to do push ups when you lose 45 lbs.  ;D

Ant

Written By: whistledog on 05/27/09 at 1:38 pm

Pushups?  Hell, I'm lucky if I can wake up in the morning without a sore back ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/27/09 at 3:16 pm

I can't do pushups anymore,I don't have the energy.

Written By: Frank on 05/27/09 at 3:19 pm

I can do about 10, on a good day, if my back doesn't hurt, and if I have the energy

Written By: anabel on 05/27/09 at 6:34 pm

Since I haven't tried any in a long time, just to be silly I did some when I found this thread.  I did 18 regular, not girly style, before I started crying like a little girly.  ;D

P.S.  Now my kid KNOWS I'm crazy! He looking at me like  ::).  He's doing some now. He's good!  He did 10 and said  "I'm bored".  Typical.

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 1:25 am

Since I haven't tried any in a long time, just to be silly I did some when I found this thread.  I did 18 regular, not girly style, before I started crying like a little girly.  ;D

P.S.  Now my kid KNOWS I'm crazy! He looking at me like  ::).  He's doing some now. He's good!  He did 10 and said  "I'm bored".  Typical.

about two months ago I had to do some for my Wii Fitness Coach... I did 22

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/09 at 2:06 am

The Air Force ROTC program would like to see me do 62.  ...I can do 25 as of now (working on it).  But I'm wondering how many you guys can.
how much time do we get?  ::)

about two months ago I had to do some for my Wii Fitness Coach... I did 22
that's really good. without working out regulary (and please don't tell me) "but you play softball"  because there's a lot of standing and sitting in the dugout eating and spitting sunflower seeds. but sometimes it's a good workout. I can do ten push ups right now and to do more I have to be in a more regular home fitness/workout program. pushups are good strength training exercise for softball, especially for hitting.

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 2:58 am

how much time do we get?  ::)
that's really good. without working out regulary (and please don't tell me) "but you play softball"  because there's a lot of standing and sitting in the dugout eating and spitting sunflower seeds. but sometimes it's a good workout. I can do ten push ups right now and to do more I have to be in a more regular home fitness/workout program. pushups are good strength training exercise for softball, especially for hitting.

swinging the bat constitutes an upper body work out...as does throwing ball any distance... then there's the running so no excuses!  :P

Written By: gibbo on 05/28/09 at 5:48 am

Yes, the time given to achieve this task is important. I could do one a day for 365 days! Actually, I', m pretty unfit and 105 kg (231.5 lbs) and I just did 30 full pushups. I used to be able to do 70+ and will be working on this area (my weight) as soon as I finish my two piece feed from KFC.... :-\\

Written By: Howard on 05/28/09 at 6:26 am

Yes, the time given to achieve this task is important. I could do one a day for 365 days! Actually, I', m pretty unfit and 105 kg (231.5 lbs) and I just did 30 full pushups. I used to be able to do 70+ and will be working on this area (my weight) as soon as I finish my two piece feed from KFC.... :-\\

So you worked off The KFC?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:25 am

hey at least it was only two pieces and not the whole dang bucket... its a start  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/28/09 at 7:02 pm

I used to do pushups when I was in gym 20 years ago and I did about 10.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/28/09 at 7:25 pm

In junior high school my personal best was 27.  Now I'd be happy if I can do 5 in a row.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/28/09 at 8:52 pm

Man. I"m a wimp. I always hated gym class, and did what I could to get by with a B. Heck, I spent almost my entire 10th grade year on the bleachers, blaming my asthma. LOL.

I can run between 6-10. Then I always fake an attack, and bow out onto the bleachers.  ;D

Can't do pushups now...I'll pop the stitches out my left wrist.  :(

I prefer cardio.

Written By: Frank on 05/29/09 at 12:24 am

hey at least it was only two pieces and not the whole dang bucket... its a start  ;D

Now I'm hungry. Wanna eat all that thick crispy deep fried skin.

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/09 at 12:39 am

Now I'm hungry. Wanna eat all that thick crispy deep fried skin.

mmmmm

Written By: YWN on 05/29/09 at 5:56 pm

Okay, to answer everyone's question, the time limit is a minute.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/09 at 6:31 pm

Can you do them with some person holding you?  ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/29/09 at 7:24 pm

very funny Marsh, but really, how much time do we have to do pushups?

I could probably do 10 to15  but the last five would be a little shakey  :-\\

Written By: YWN on 05/30/09 at 12:53 pm

very funny Marsh, but really, how much time do we have to do pushups?

I could probably do 10 to15  but the last five would be a little shakey  :-\\

http://www.afrotc.com/admissions/fitnessSt.php

I kid you not.

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 8:16 pm

http://www.afrotc.com/admissions/fitnessSt.php

I kid you not.

I notice if you're over the age of 34 you get a reprieve...or maybe they just figure you died from exerting yourself over the years  ;D

Written By: Stompgal on 07/09/09 at 5:50 am

At the moment, I am working on an excercise programme at my local gym and in each session, I do 30 push-ups (2 sets of 15).

Written By: Howard on 07/09/09 at 6:55 am

I could hardly do pushups anymore,I'm not as flexible as I was 20 years ago.

Check for new replies or respond here...