inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OH MY!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/09 at 11:38 pm

Came into work today and found this email in my inbox.... I swear I am not editing it...what I am about to post is verbatim.  Except for the abbreviation of his last name you will read the email exactly as I received it  ::)

Hello sir, My names Brandon K. I am interested in the position you are hireing for at the ucsb campus I emailed my resume for the possition and I'm currently cheaking the status of the application if u haven't yet filled the paostion I would be glad to send my resume.      thanks for your time

::)

please take note of the spelling and lack of punctuation....none of that was me...  ;D

Subject: Re: OH MY!!!!!

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/28/09 at 1:42 am

Holy crap!  Do you get to respond to this?  Will he understand when you use actual words?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/09 at 2:06 am

Dear Mr K:

Thank you for your interest in the position. After careful consideration of all the applicants, we have decided to offer the position to another candidate whose credentials more closely match the position requirements. We appreciate having the opportunity to review your email and wish you the best of luck in prison.

Sincerely, Q

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 2:47 am

Holy crap!  Do you get to respond to this?  Will he understand when you use actual words?

LOL!!! I'm torn....we haven't had a position....oh I'm sorry a paostion open for over a year... I'm not entirely certain that this isn't a viral pfishing scheme so I am scared to respond to it...but I really, really want to!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 2:57 am

Dear Mr K:

Thank you for your interest in the position. After careful consideration of all the applicants, we have decided to offer the position to another candidate whose credentials more closely match the position requirements. We appreciate having the opportunity to review your email and wish you the best of luck in prison.

Sincerely, Q

close to what my reply was going to be....close...  ;)  More like:

Mr. K.

Dude? Are you serious? I know the job market has hit an all time low but that works in our favor. I could spit and hit a candidate more qualified than you! Tell me, are you typing on a word processor? Is your spell check broke? Did you fail out of 6th grade English and decide not to continue? Do you know what a period is? No- it's not that thing a woman gets every 28 days  ::)

Thank you, thank you for your interest but I have to  tell you... as you stated in your interest letter this is ucsb...actually- it's UCSB. Those letters stand for something. In case you missed the heading this is the University of California, Santa Barbara. We send reports as high as the chancellor and I would be thoroughly embarrassed to have reports written by you cross his desk.

Furthermore, contrary to popular belief, we are a full fledged police department. Our officers are POST certified, just like every other law enforcement officer in the state. We do make arrests. And sometimes, sometimes the dispatcher has to write a supplemental to an officers report.  This will go to the District Attorney and may become a key piece of evidence in the trial. Unless the crime is a trespass into the residence of the three bears, the abduction of Little Red's grandmother or the spider stalking Miss Muffet I truly doubt you would rise to the standards of this department.

Thank you for your interest but no thank.

Sincerely,
Q

*ps....stop being such a tool*  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 05/28/09 at 5:40 am

Nah...you need to see this moron.    Email back that he has the job and he starts Monday!

Written By: Howard on 05/28/09 at 6:29 am

Where is this UCSB campus anyway?

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:05 am

Where is this UCSB campus anyway?

beautiful Santa barbara california

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:07 am

Nah...you need to see this moron.    Email back that he has the job and he starts Monday!

Good point we could have a whole ceremony just to make fun of him.

Written By: Howard on 05/28/09 at 7:15 am

Did he respond?

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:20 am

Did he respond?

I didn't actually send him an email Howard....that's just what I would have written if I could have...

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/28/09 at 1:15 pm

;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/28/09 at 3:25 pm

Is this guy for real?  He has a resume. :o  How the heck did he get your email in the first place?

Written By: Dagwood on 05/28/09 at 5:28 pm

I am thinking Q is a weirdo magnet.

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 5:33 pm

Is this guy for real?  He has a resume. :o  How the heck did he get your email in the first place?

Don't know for sure. All applications and resumes go to HR which is separate from us. Since we're not recruiting we haven't gotten any. I haven't seen my boss ( opposite shifts) to ask her if she really got one but she probably would have tossed it since we can't accept them when there is no opening.

Google the dept. And I am listed as lead dispatcher. People think I have more influence than I actually do because of the title.

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 5:34 pm

"that ain't no lie" ;D

Written By: Frank on 05/28/09 at 5:36 pm

Came into work today and found this email in my inbox.... I swear I am not editing it...what I am about to post is verbatim.  Except for the abbreviation of his last name you will read the email exactly as I received it  ::)

Hello sir, My names Brandon K. I am interested in the position you are hireing for at the ucsb campus I emailed my resume for the possition and I'm currently cheaking the status of the application if u haven't yet filled the paostion I would be glad to send my resume.       thanks for your time

please take note of the spelling and lack of punctuation....none of that was me...  ;D

Just tell him to re-apply in a few years, and wish him good luck on completing the 3rd grade.

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 5:43 pm

Just tell him to re-apply in a few years, and wish him good luck on completing the 3rd grade.

;D

Written By: Frank on 05/28/09 at 5:56 pm

;D

I was serious!  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/28/09 at 6:54 pm

He must be some kind of phony.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:43 pm

I was serious!  :)

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and opted for a 6th grade education...

lets just say he probably repeated the fourth grade..... a lot

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/28/09 at 7:46 pm

Hello sir, My names Brandon K. I am interested in the position you are hireing for at the ucsb campus I emailed my resume for the possition and I'm currently cheaking the status of the application if u haven't yet filled the paostion I would be glad to send my resume.       thanks for your time

AND HE WANTS A JOB :o

Fast ask for the Resume so we can make corrections (laugh at) to it, and then send it back with the rejection letter.  HOw horrible

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/28/09 at 7:47 pm

Dear Mr K:

Sincerely, Q
You have written a fair amount of rejection letters haven't you ???

;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:50 pm

;D

I know...right... he did that well!

For the record. I stand by my Dude! Seriously?  :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/09 at 7:50 pm

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and opted for a 6th grade education...

lets just say he probably repeated the fourth grade..... a lot
maybe he was a child that was left behind  :\'(

;D
;D  no. but Lady Di used to work at the MBA admissions at the Hass school of business over at UC Berkeley and she had to send out a couple thousand and I saw a couple  ::) 

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:52 pm

maybe he was a child that was left behind  :\'(
;D  no. but Lady Di used to work at the MBA admissions at the Hass school of business over at UC Berkeley and she had to send out a couple thousand and I saw a couple  ::)   

what happened to NO child left behind?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/09 at 7:53 pm

well.....there's gotta be a reason to have that program  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:54 pm

well.....there's gotta be a reason to have that program  ::)

Touche  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/09 at 7:55 pm

Touche  ;)
I was left so far behind, they wouldn't even take me in the bad kids continuation school  :o

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/28/09 at 7:56 pm

No child is left behind - because we make them all go behind now ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 7:56 pm

double touche

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 05/28/09 at 7:58 pm

good idea, and then the lame kids don't feel so inferior  :D

Written By: loki 13 on 05/28/09 at 8:10 pm

This doesn't surprise me, with computers, texting and twitter it is amazing that anyone can spell anymore. these new
communication gadgets are going to be the downfall of the English language. Spelling, grammer and punctuation already
suffer from the texting world. Vocabulary is the next to go and soon we will all go back to early man days and communicate
by grunting because people will forget actual words.

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/28/09 at 8:15 pm

Sadly, I see stuff like this all the time.  It's becoming more and more commonplace.  :(

Written By: gibbo on 05/28/09 at 8:16 pm

Yep...it's called equality!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/28/09 at 8:44 pm

double touche
I misplaced the t with another d - I was like WHAT :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/28/09 at 8:45 pm

good idea, and then the lame kids don't feel so inferior  :D
WOW you are thinking like a politician now

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/28/09 at 8:45 pm

Yep...it's called equality!
8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/28/09 at 8:59 pm

I misplaced the t with another d - I was like WHAT :D

;D

Written By: seamermar on 05/29/09 at 10:50 am

Good point we could have a whole ceremony just to make fun of him.

What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
Early in the morning.

Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Early in the morning.

Put him in the desk  and make him type properly
Put him in the guard room till he's sober.
Keep him there up to he stops slobber.

That's what we'll do with the drunken sailor.

Please help to everyone, I beg you to write correctly, as much as you can.
If not, how can I learn to write well.

Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Early in the morning.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/29/09 at 11:18 am

You are so right. Look how many weirdos she attracts on this message board alone.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 05/29/09 at 12:44 pm

You are so right. Look how many weirdos she attracts on this message board alone.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Wait, this is a message board?  I thought it was a weirdos anonymous meeting. :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/09 at 12:48 pm

Makes a change than dailing wrong numbers on the telephone

Written By: Howard on 05/29/09 at 6:42 pm

Wait, this is a message board?  I thought it was a weirdos anonymous meeting. :D

Well sometimes it is.

Written By: gibbo on 05/29/09 at 6:46 pm

Well sometimes it is.

It is now!

Written By: Howard on 05/29/09 at 7:17 pm

It is now!

and you just found out?  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/29/09 at 10:44 pm

Correct his resume and tell him he's been passed over for someone who can spell.

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/09 at 10:48 pm

Cat

Hey its not my fault.... they're so much fun to pic on!!!

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/09 at 10:49 pm

Well sometimes it is.

It is now!

Case in point....please allow me all to introduce you to Gibbo!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/09 at 10:52 pm

Correct his resume and tell him he's been passed over for someone who can spell.

I should send it back with red markings and attach an audio clip of that buzzer sound when you get an answer wrong on a game show!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/29/09 at 10:59 pm

I should send it back with red markings and attach an audio clip of that buzzer sound when you get an answer wrong on a game show!  ;D

The grade school red marking thing is enough to give anyone a complex.  Either a buzzer or audio clip from "The Weakest Link". :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/29/09 at 11:08 pm

The grade school red marking thing is enough to give anyone a complex.  Either a buzzer or audio clip from "The Weakest Link". :)

Oh Man!!!! that lady makes me cringe... I'd hate to get an answer wrong with her staring at me!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/29/09 at 11:17 pm

Oh Man!!!! that lady makes me cringe... I'd hate to get an answer wrong with her staring at me!  ;D

That combination of red markings and "You are the weakest link . . . goodbye!" would do even the narcissistic person in.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/29/09 at 11:18 pm

Case in point....please allow me all to introduce you to Gibbo!  ;D
I was thinking it - but I let you have the honors  ;D

- Karma should be coming

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 12:42 am

- Karma should be coming

thank you...karma owed...but I still have to wait a few more hours.

Written By: gibbo on 05/30/09 at 3:43 am

- Karma should be coming

Sami...I'm so happy for your progress!  Thinking is always a step in the right direction!  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/30/09 at 6:44 am

But that's not going to work.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/09 at 11:33 am

You could say, "Thank you for playing".

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/30/09 at 11:54 am

Sami...I'm so happy for your progress!  Thinking is always a step in the right direction!  :P
Oh gibbo, I am sorry for rubbing it in!  :-\\ Don't be bitter, I know you are probably just jealous that I have the ability....

8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/30/09 at 7:40 pm

You could say, "Thank you for playing".

Cat

;D

I could also say...

Deer Mistur K.

Thank yew fer applieing four the possation but we find sumone mor kwalefyde.

;D

Written By: gibbo on 05/30/09 at 8:30 pm

Oh gibbo, I am sorry for rubbing it in!  :-\\ Don't be bitter, I know you are probably just jealous that I have the ability....

8)

Hah...I suspected you were the sorry type..... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/09 at 11:59 am

;D

I could also say...

Deer Mistur K.

Thank yew fer applieing four the possation but we find sumone mor kwalefyde.

;D

Hukt on fonex wokt for me.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/09 at 2:41 pm

Hukt on fonex wokt for me.

Cat

me too!  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/01/09 at 12:30 am

Just txt the guy a link.

http://www.trackdayshots.com/posthosting/DoYouSpeakEnglish.gif

And that's just one of the reasons the HR department won't talk to me.

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/09 at 3:19 am

Just txt the guy a link.

;D

Written By: Howard on 06/01/09 at 6:32 am

Just txt the guy a link.

I think that'll scare him off.

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/04/09 at 7:16 am

Hah...I suspected you were the sorry type..... ;)
Not as sorry as your going to be if I ever get a hold of you.....

AND CHANGE YOUR AVATAR - the little fluttering hummingbirds are just SO NOT YOU!  You need something mean, ugly and offensive ;)

;D

Written By: gibbo on 06/04/09 at 8:50 pm

Not as sorry as your going to be if I ever get a hold of you.....

AND CHANGE YOUR AVATAR - the little fluttering hummingbirds are just SO NOT YOU!  You need something mean, ugly and offensive ;)

;D

I was wondering when someone would make that comment!  ;D  I think it is time to change and will select something suitably annoying ....soon!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/09 at 6:25 am

I think that avatar is blinding.  :o

;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/05/09 at 7:15 am

I was wondering when someone would make that comment!  ;D  I think it is time to change and will select something suitably annoying ....soon!  ;)
SOMEONE please tell me how I could not see Ash's new avatar for days - BUT Gibbo's Annoying avatar I can see immediately ???

Written By: barefootrobin on 06/05/09 at 9:16 am

I get those all the time.  The worst application I've ever received was an individual who had taken all kinds of stupid mini courses like flower arranging, be a superp star receptionist etc. etc.  That's fine but along with her resume she tied up my fax machine faxing me all of her certificates!  There were pages and pages and pages of them!  At first we laughed and then I realized that it wasn't going to end and cancelled the transmission. 

Honey, if you don't realize that no one needs to see proof that you took a course on time management, you should be taking a course on how NOT to irritate potential employers. 

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/09 at 9:55 am

SOMEONE please tell me how I could not see Ash's new avatar for days - BUT Gibbo's Annoying avatar I can see immediately ???

The universe hates u. But I don't.  :-*

Written By: snozberries on 06/05/09 at 9:57 am

I get those all the time.  The worst application I've ever received was an individual who had taken all kinds of stupid mini courses like flower arranging, be a superp star receptionist etc. etc.  That's fine but along with her resume she tied up my fax machine faxing me all of her certificates!  There were pages and pages and pages of them!  At first we laughed and then I realized that it wasn't going to end and cancelled the transmission. 

Honey, if you don't realize that no one needs to see proof that you took a course on time management, you should be taking a course on how NOT to irritate potential employers. 

Obviously the course was on time management consumption. ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/05/09 at 12:26 pm

That is what I thought - and I love you too :-*

Written By: gibbo on 06/05/09 at 6:13 pm

That is what I thought - and I love you too :-*

You two are making me (and my annoying avatar) ....sick!  8-P

Sami....I hope that the avatar and comments are suitably in line with your view of me. :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 6:17 pm

You two are making me (and my annoying avatar) ....sick!  8-P

Sami....I hope that the avatar and comments are suitably in line with your view of me. :P
so you buckled under the pressure and changed your avatar. you may have to change it again as your new one with that strobe effect is gonna give someone a stroke or make them pass out.  :o

Written By: gibbo on 06/05/09 at 6:19 pm

so you buckled under the pressure and changed your avatar. you may have to change it again as your new one with that strobe effect is gonna give someone a stroke or make them pass out.   :o

You know.....I probably wll change it again soon! It is bothering me too!  :o  But..I can probably put up with it a while longer if it bothers others as much!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/09 at 7:12 pm

kiss up.  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/05/09 at 7:12 pm

You know.....I probably wll change it again soon! It is bothering me too!  :o  But..I can probably put up with it a while longer if it bothers others as much!  ;)
You are one sick puppy!  I am immune to bothering; remember I am the mother of a 5 and 7 year old, AND more importantly I am the teacher of high schoolers (plus I am the youngest child, but I will not get into that).  I haven't been bothered since my mid 20's :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 7:17 pm

that's the spirit  ;D 

Written By: gibbo on 06/05/09 at 9:10 pm

You are one sick puppy!  I am immune to bothering; remember I am the mother of a 5 and 7 year old, AND more importantly I am the teacher of high schoolers (plus I am the youngest child, but I will not get into that).  I haven't been bothered since my mid 20's :P

I knew it!  You are definitely more of a botherer! ;D  Well...I'm the father of 4 children (ranging from 10 to 17) and I have learned to bother and embarrass them before they can do it to me! I'm a freakin expert botherer and cannot be bothered by amateurs like you!  8)

But thank you for the "sick puppy" compliment.  :) 

Check for new replies or respond here...