inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Just Want To Say...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/05/09 at 5:00 pm

If anyone went over to the TTT today, you will know that today is my 20th month anniversary for quitting smoking. I was a bit upset because I went over the Quitnet and I posted a long, thought-out post and only ONE person responded.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  It seems like whenever I go to other boards (sometimes to seek help & guidance) very rarely do I get responses. When my sister died, I posted on a grieving board and again, only one person responded. One time I want to a board where I poured my heart out. I said things that very few people HERE even know about me. After 4 days-there wasn't ANY response! NOT ONE!!! But there were something like 33 views so people were reading it but-nothing! On the 4th day, I made a post how much everyone made me feel welcomed there-NOT!!! I was very upset about it. THEN people responded and by that time it was just too late. I went there for help but not one person thought to even say, "hello."

Why am I telling you, this? Because I should have known-and I should know by now, if I want help & guidance, there is only ONE place for me to get that-and that is INTHE00s. All of you have been great. You have helped me through some VERY trying times in my life. I am very grateful for this place.

Chucky-Thanks for giving me such a wonderful on-line home and a chance to meet some WONDERFUL people from all over the world.

And a special thanks to Q, Tam, Karen, Gis, Ash, Aim, Danoota, Kim (when she was around  :\'( ), Rhonda (again when she was around  :\'( ), & anyone else I forgot  :-[ who have listened to my rambles & letting me cry on their shoulders when I needed to. You guys mean the world the to me and I love you all very much.

Thanks everyone for making this a great place to come to everyday!!!

((((((((((((((((((hugs to all))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Subject: Re: I Just Want To Say...

Written By: anabel on 06/05/09 at 6:04 pm

Cat,

Hugs back to you!!!  It is so hard sometimes to open up about things , and when you really need support, it's important that you have good people around you that know you and understand.  You are right, this board is so very friendly and it seems like everyone really does support each other!  I stumbled upon this site by accident, but decided to stick around because everyone is really nice!  I don't know you very well, I realize, but it does seem that you are having to deal with an awful lot all at once.  And to quit smoking is hard enough without all the other emotions you are dealing with. 20 Months is almost 2 YEARS!  That's an amazing feat in itself! I'm sure there have been times you've been tempted to start back up, possibly even a slip up here and there, but it's such a great thing to quit and stick with it!  My Dad quit when I was a teen and went cold turkey and never went back.  It's easier for some people than others, but every day that you don't have one is a MAJOR VICTORY!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsuper.gif

If you ever find that you need to talk and no one is around here, feel free to pm me anytime!!  I will read and respond!!  :)

Anabel

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 6:25 pm

20 months cig free!!  :o  that's amazing Cat.  you've come a long way baby, to get where you got to today  8) 

when it comes to support groups, this place is a good one. thanks for sharing

Written By: gibbo on 06/05/09 at 6:46 pm

....and you said it well Cat!  You are correct...this site (and ALL of it's characters) is something special.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/05/09 at 7:08 pm

Right on Cat, this is a special group and congratulations on your 20 months.

I can't speak for other people on other boards but they may be like me. I read your post, I've read the rambles and felt the
tears. I've sympathized for you, empathized with you. I've laughed with you, cried with you, felt your anger and joy but sometimes
I can't put down the words to express the feelings. I feel it may be better to say nothing than to say something wrong, for that I
apologize but know you are not alone, especially with this rabble. Again, congrats on your 20.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 7:08 pm

20 years? That's fantastic Cat. :)
months  ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/09 at 7:10 pm

months   ::)

I'm sorry I thought for a second it said years,My mistake.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/05/09 at 7:12 pm

Congratulations, Cat!!!!!!  8)

Many ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you!!!  :)  :)  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/09 at 7:13 pm

So how do you plan on celebrating?  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 7:13 pm

I'm sorry I thought for a second it said years,My mistake.
that's ok  :)  20 months is a good long chunk of time

Written By: Howard on 06/05/09 at 7:14 pm

that's ok  :)  20 months is a good long chunk of time

My Parents have been smoke free for over 20 years. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 7:16 pm

My Parents have been smoke free for over 20 years. :)
really? good for them. what about you?  I've been smoke free for 30 years now. I was a Marlboro man.

kudos to Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/05/09 at 7:20 pm

really? good for them. what about you?  I've been smoke free for 30 years now. I was a Marlboro man.

kudos to Cat

Sorry I don't smoke but 20 years ago I tried a smoke when I was in High School but couldn't inhale and that was it with that.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/05/09 at 7:46 pm

We love you too, Cat. {{{{hugs}}}}}

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/05/09 at 8:18 pm

Sorry I don't smoke but 20 years ago I tried a smoke when I was in High School but couldn't inhale and that was it with that.
good for you Howard. Bill Clinton did not inhale either 

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/05/09 at 8:36 pm

and the room went

BOOM

When CAT entered the Room......  WE LOVE YOU CAT 8)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/05/09 at 10:20 pm

We love you, smoke-free sister  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/06/09 at 12:40 am

see what happens when you leave your true friends in search of new one  :P

Just kidding CAT!!!!! YOU know I love ya!!! LOTS!!!!!! And I'm always here for you......

congrats on the 20months! That's Awesome! And with everything you've been thru you have been doubly challenged. and you won!!!!

Written By: Howard on 06/06/09 at 6:41 am

good for you Howard. Bill Clinton did not inhale either 

I never knew he smoked. ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/09 at 10:44 am

Thanks, everyone. I really want to make it clear that I didn't start this thread to boost about my 20 months (that is in another thread  ;) ). I started this thread to say how much I appreciate ALL of you and how much you all have helped me in the last year or so which all of you know hasn't been the best. So again, I say thank you and I love you all.

Cat

Written By: Gis on 06/07/09 at 4:36 am

You are more than welcome.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/07/09 at 6:39 am

We all love you Cat.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/09 at 7:38 pm

Thanks, everyone. I really want to make it clear that I didn't start this thread to boost about my 20 months (that is in another thread  ;) ). I started this thread to say how much I appreciate ALL of you and how much you all have helped me in the last year or so which all of you know hasn't been the best. So again, I say thank you and I love you all.

Cat

And here I thought you start this thread so you'd have another place to pimp your flickr pics.

On the other hand please take note of the threads I'm pimping in my sig line.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/09 at 9:28 am

And here I thought you start this thread so you'd have another place to pimp your flickr pics.

On the other hand please take note of the threads I'm pimping in my sig line.  ;)

Not this time-but I have been known to pimp my Flickr pics A LOT!!!  :D ;D ;D ;D

You can pimp your threads all you want, my friend. Go for it!!!!

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/08/09 at 9:56 am

Cat, I feel the exact same way.  This is the only message board I go to, and the only one I want to.  The members here are the best ever.  I love you and everyone else too!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/love4.gif

Written By: Howard on 06/08/09 at 6:38 pm

Cat, I feel the exact same way.  This is the only message board I go to, and the only one I want to.  The members here are the best ever.  I love you and everyone else too!   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/love4.gif

This calls for a group ((hug)).  :)

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/09 at 10:25 pm

Not this time-but I have been known to pimp my Flickr pics A LOT!!!  :D ;D ;D ;D

You can pimp your threads all you want, my friend. Go for it!!!!

Cat

yeah but you have yet to take the bait and post in these threads  >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/09 at 10:06 am

yeah but you have yet to take the bait and post in these threads  >:(

I did. I asked you when you are coming to Vermont.  :D ;D ;D

Also, I already know everything about you.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 8:40 pm

I did. I asked you when you are coming to Vermont.  :D ;D ;D

Also, I already know everything about you.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

am I that transparent?

Written By: gibbo on 06/10/09 at 8:46 pm

am I that transparent?

Yep...we read you like a cheap novel!!!! :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 8:52 pm

Yep...we read you like a cheap novel!!!! :D

that's all I ask!

Written By: snozberries on 06/27/09 at 12:29 pm

:-*  to Cat..... I have a secret crush on you too.... don't tell!  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/27/09 at 12:43 pm

:-*  to Cat..... I have a secret crush on you too.... don't tell!  ;)

Awwww, right back at ya, my friend.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/27/09 at 7:02 pm

Thank You to Michael Jackson for setting a trend for us to follow.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...