inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My "Desert Island" songs... yes, I'm just that geeky

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/09 at 2:18 pm

I've been tracking everything I play at work and home with LastFM and using the "loved" button to track the really good stuff.  I then wrote a couple scripts to save that list off of LastFM, and to copy the tracks out of my mp3 collection into a special "loved" folder.  After all that effort it almost seemed trivial to crank out a list for my web page, so here it is...

Desert Island Songs

It's by no means complete, there's a lot of stuff in my collection that I know I like that I haven't played in a long time. 

I'm thinking of adding my personal comments to each song next... but then again, probably won't get around to it.

Subject: Re: My "Desert Island" songs... yes, I'm just that geeky

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/09 at 5:28 pm

Mummy Calls.  There's a band I haven't heard of in a long time

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/08/09 at 8:09 pm

Mummy Calls.  There's a band I haven't heard of in a long time

Lost Boys soundtrack is the only thing I know them for...  listened to that album for the first time in ages today, I love the whole thing quite a bit, which is rare for a soundtrack.

Written By: whistledog on 06/08/09 at 11:47 pm

Lost Boys soundtrack is the only thing I know them for...  listened to that album for the first time in ages today, I love the whole thing quite a bit, which is rare for a soundtrack.

Same here.  I think that was the only thing they were known for.  Their self-titled album from 1986 wasn't bad, but it didn't really go anywhere, which makes it surprising how they landed a song on 'The Lost Boys'

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/26865/4922dad8c45a1_26865n.jpg

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/09/09 at 9:26 am

Same here.  I think that was the only thing they were known for.  Their self-titled album from 1986 wasn't bad, but it didn't really go anywhere, which makes it surprising how they landed a song on 'The Lost Boys'

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/26865/4922dad8c45a1_26865n.jpg

well it was the same year as the movie... I'm guessing it was the label trying to push a newly signed band

Written By: Frank on 06/10/09 at 2:44 am

INXS, "Never Tear Us Apart"
INXS, "Mystify"

Always liked these songs.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/10/09 at 7:10 am

INXS, "Never Tear Us Apart"
INXS, "Mystify"

Always liked these songs.

the "Listen Like Thieves" and "Kick" albums are like almost pure gold, the tracks are all just perfect.  The video for "Never Tear Us Apart" is really well done as well.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/10/09 at 12:56 pm

I did more work on it today. I changed the layout and added in pictures and some text for some of the songs.

Written By: Frank on 06/10/09 at 1:30 pm

the "Listen Like Thieves" and "Kick" albums are like almost pure gold, the tracks are all just perfect.  The video for "Never Tear Us Apart" is really well done as well.

They were some of the better 80's albums.
And "Never tear us apart" is a good video

38 Special, "Caught Up in You"
A Flock of Seagulls, "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You
Manfred Mann's Earth Band, "Blinded by the Light"  are 3 other recent songs on your list I really like.

Written By: karen on 06/10/09 at 3:02 pm

38 Special, "Caught Up in You"
A Flock of Seagulls, "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You
Manfred Mann's Earth Band, "Blinded by the Light"  are 3 other recent songs on your list I really like.

Stuck in the past Frank?  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...