inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Karma - A Discussion

Written By: anabel on 06/21/09 at 6:14 pm

I'm not sure I get this, aren't we supposed to get Karma if someone appreciates something we said or did without asking for it?

It's not money, or points, so why do you NEED it?  Isn't it just kind feelings of appreciation?  I don't think I want to ask for it, because I like being genuinely surprised when someone gives me Karma.

I'm sorry, that's just my thoughts, but if it works for you, more (Silver) Power to ya!  ;) :)

Subject: Re: Karma - A Discussion

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/03/09 at 7:34 am

I'm not sure I get this, aren't we supposed to get Karma if someone appreciates something we said or did without asking for it?

It's not money, or points, so why do you NEED it?  Isn't it just kind feelings of appreciation?  I don't think I want to ask for it, because I like being genuinely surprised when someone gives me Karma.

I'm sorry, that's just my thoughts, but if it works for you, more (Silver) Power to ya!  ;) :)
AAAAAAAH even the newbie (WHO IS AWESOME) understands Karma 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/03/09 at 7:39 am

I'd probably say to just keep posting every day, or as often as you can. One thing that catches my eye is a board with lots of pages, because I figure there must be something interesting in it.
man you come in and then slam someonelse's page ::)

Written By: adagio on 07/03/09 at 7:42 am

Karamel to you.  We all appreciate each other very much.

Written By: Silver Power on 07/03/09 at 7:45 am

I didn't mean to slam TLE, I was just trying to say that it doesn't interest me. Read my newest reply to 'Inthe00s Members Misconceptions'.

Written By: adagio on 07/03/09 at 7:57 am

I didn't mean to slam TLE, I was just trying to say that it doesn't interest me. Read my newest reply to 'Inthe00s Members Misconceptions'.

What section is that in, SP?

Written By: Silver Power on 07/03/09 at 8:13 am

Someone named 'Reynolds1863' said that I was an attention/karamel whore, and I didn't know why, because I never knew that anyone on these forums had a problem with me. You'd have to go to about page #9 of the Inthe00s Members Misconceptions board to read the conversation as a whole, but my response was:

"This forum is supposed to be fun, right? Of course I want Karma. It has no monetary value, so what's the problem? It's like those people who add countless friend on MySpace. Some people get a kick out of that. I like Karamel. And I give it to everyone else in the thread as well, whenever I can. I thought it was something fun.

We were discussing how to get a bunch of people to use the thread, and I just mentioned how TLE doesn't interest me because it seems like a bunch of short posts and sports scores and to understand TLE I feel like I would have had to have been there for the whole thing. Maybe I don't appreciate it for what it is because of that. But I wasn't in anyway dissing the people who use it.

I post less than most people on this forum, so I don't understand how when I try to post on multiple thread, I'm getting scolded for it. Isn't that the point of a forum? To indulge yourself in as much of the activity on the forum as possible?

And I have never once disrespected anyone.

Reynolds1863: I might not have caught why you have a problem with me, could you please explain? Perhaps over PM, since this thread may or may not be appropriate for this discussion."

Written By: adagio on 07/03/09 at 8:37 am

Someone named 'Reynolds1863' said that I was an attention/karamel whore, and I didn't know why, because I never knew that anyone on these forums had a problem with me. You'd have to go to about page #9 of the Inthe00s Members Misconceptions board to read the conversation as a whole, but my response was:

"This forum is supposed to be fun, right? Of course I want Karma. It has no monetary value, so what's the problem? It's like those people who add countless friend on MySpace. Some people get a kick out of that. I like Karamel. And I give it to everyone else in the thread as well, whenever I can. I thought it was something fun.

We were discussing how to get a bunch of people to use the thread, and I just mentioned how TLE doesn't interest me because it seems like a bunch of short posts and sports scores and to understand TLE I feel like I would have had to have been there for the whole thing. Maybe I don't appreciate it for what it is because of that. But I wasn't in anyway dissing the people who use it.

I post less than most people on this forum, so I don't understand how when I try to post on multiple thread, I'm getting scolded for it. Isn't that the point of a forum? To indulge yourself in as much of the activity on the forum as possible?

And I have never once disrespected anyone.

Reynolds1863: I might not have caught why you have a problem with me, could you please explain? Perhaps over PM, since this thread may or may not be appropriate for this discussion."

You have never disrespected anyone and I don't see any problem with this thread. I happen to like karamel too.  I'll try AGAIN to find that thread. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 8:47 am

How the hell did you come in here, totally slam their little karma party and still get karma for doing so? you my friend have mad skillz!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/03/09 at 8:53 am

How the hell did you come in here, totally slam their little karma party and still get karma for doing so? you my friend have mad skillz!
;D ;D ;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/03/09 at 7:13 pm

Hmmmm....I see the wolves are starting to hunt in packs here again. Apparently, there is very little room on these boards for error ....and even less for foregiveness. I am pretty tolerant myself .....but I begin to grow weary of this type of stuff. There IS no excuse!

Karamel to the two people above me.....and because it is a bit of a game and absolutely causing no harm! (and I DO understand karma)!!!! ;)

....and the timing of the posts means Sami gets another one ....sorry Q!

Written By: anabel on 07/03/09 at 8:08 pm

Thanks,Sami! YOU are awesome!  :) I didn't mean to start anything bad, and it looks like a lot of you are having some fun with this.  That's a GOOD thing!  :)

Insert Quote
Quote from: anabel on June 21, 2009, 06:14:13 PM
It's not money, or points, so why do you NEED it?  Isn't it just kind feelings of appreciation?  I don't think I want to ask for it, because I like being genuinely surprised when someone gives me Karma.
I'm sorry, that's just my thoughts, but if it works for you, more (Silver) Power to ya! 
  ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/03/09 at 8:23 pm

I was gonna karamel Gibbo, but apparently I've already done so and must wait the dreaded 24 hours to do it again (if I remember).  :D

I'm really not big on fights of any kind, if someone annoys you, just ignore them.  I don't see the problem really.  Not worth getting your underwear in a bit of twist over.

Written By: gibbo on 07/03/09 at 8:28 pm

I was gonna karamel Gibbo, but apparently I've already done so and must wait the dreaded 24 hours to do it again (if I remember).   :D

I'm really not big on fights of any kind, if someone annoys you, just ignore them.  I don't see the problem really.  Not worth getting your underwear in a bit of twist over.

Sure....the cheque's in the mail!  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/03/09 at 10:15 pm

Hmmmm....I see the wolves are starting to hunt in packs here again. Apparently, there is very little room on these boards for error ....and even less for foregiveness. I am pretty tolerant myself .....but I begin to grow weary of this type of stuff. There IS no excuse!

Karamel to the two people above me.....and because it is a bit of a game and absolutely causing no harm! (and I DO understand karma)!!!! ;)

Gotta love that Gibbo 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/03/09 at 10:16 pm

Thanks,Sami! YOU are awesome!  :) I didn't mean to start anything bad, and it looks like a lot of you are having some fun with this.  That's a GOOD thing!  :)

Insert Quote
Quote from: anabel on June 21, 2009, 06:14:13 PM
I'm sorry, that's just my thoughts, but if it works for you, more (Silver) Power to ya! 
  ;)
Sorry I cannot repeat Karma action :-[

I owe you 8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 12:30 am

I wasn't hunting I was just amused by the exchange.  no worries peter.

In this case....in the other thread... a question was asked and I answered it... I'm not at war with SP... I'm too busy taking on saver to battle anyone else.  ;) 

Karamel to all posters, Including 2kidSami, Anabel, and Snozberries... Even if they didn't want it.

Didn't say I didn't want it... in fact I admitted to you elsewhere that I'm the biggest whore on these boards....everyone knows it...  again I took offense to the LTE comment when you've never tried to figure out what it was about... that's all.

Written By: gibbo on 07/04/09 at 12:51 am

I wasn't hunting I was just amused by the exchange.  no worries peter.

In this case....in the other thread... a question was asked and I answered it... I'm not at war with SP... I'm too busy taking on saver to battle anyone else.   ;) 

Didn't say I didn't want it... in fact I admitted to you elsewhere that I'm the biggest whore on these boards....everyone knows it...  again I took offense to the LTE comment when you've never tried to figure out what it was about... that's all.

Nice to be reassured there is no bad stuff happening....cheers Q. :)  When I go back over the posts...it is Q and SP who I am able to give karma to this time!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/04/09 at 2:32 pm

Here's the thing:

If you guys want to have a Karamel thread, and give each other karma every day, that's fine.  I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or ruin your thread.

In my opinion, the whole point of Karamel is to applaud someone for saying or doing something intelligent or cool or funny or even just recognize them on their birthday or another special occasion.  It's supposed to be special.  If everyone just arbitrarily gives everyone else karma, it takes the special away.

Setting up a thread that says "give everyone karma" is a nice idea, but to me, it defeats the entire purpose of having karma in the first place.  I think that's why Silver Power is getting some resistance. 

Written By: gibbo on 07/04/09 at 7:28 pm

Here's the thing:

If you guys want to have a Karamel thread, and give each other karma every day, that's fine.  I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or ruin your thread.

In my opinion, the whole point of Karamel is to applaud someone for saying or doing something intelligent or cool or funny or even just recognize them on their birthday or another special occasion.  It's supposed to be special.  If everyone just arbitrarily gives everyone else karma, it takes the special away.

Setting up a thread that says "give everyone karma" is a nice idea, but to me, it defeats the entire purpose of having karma in the first place.  I think that's why Silver Power is getting some resistance.  

That's exactly correct! But ... those who don't wish to use karma in this way just can simply not take part in the thread. It's like any other thread here ... we go where we want ... if and when we want!  I have no issue with it either way!

Oh ... and Ash and nally get karma (for absolutely nothing)!  :o  ;)

Written By: adagio on 07/04/09 at 7:55 pm

Here's the thing:

If you guys want to have a Karamel thread, and give each other karma every day, that's fine.  I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or ruin your thread.

In my opinion, the whole point of Karamel is to applaud someone for saying or doing something intelligent or cool or funny or even just recognize them on their birthday or another special occasion.  It's supposed to be special.  If everyone just arbitrarily gives everyone else karma, it takes the special away.

Setting up a thread that says "give everyone karma" is a nice idea, but to me, it defeats the entire purpose of having karma in the first place.  I think that's why Silver Power is getting some resistance. 

Not to those who signed up for it.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 11:16 pm

That's exactly correct! But ... those who don't wish to use karma in this way just can simply not take part in the thread. It's like any other thread here ... we go where we want ... if and when we want!  I have no issue with it either way!

Oh ... and Ash and nally get karma (for absolutely nothing)!  :o  ;)

I actually had no intention of posting in this thread but then sami goes & makes her comment & I found the funny in it so I commented  :P

Written By: Silver Power on 07/05/09 at 8:16 am

If people used this forum in a completely serious fashion, such as to only give Karamel when absolutely necessary, then we might as well be in a forum where we roleplay being in a concentration camp. I know, stupid comparison, but true. This entire forum is made to be fun. Maybe we could not PM someone or upload a photo unless there's an emergency. Whatever floats your guys' boats, fine, but we, for the most part, enjoy this thread, and have fun with it. Karamel to Adagio and Snoz.

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 1:53 pm

Or maybe we should do away with karamel, smiting, and post count all together.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 1:54 pm

I love it!

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 1:55 pm

I love it!

At the very least, it would weed out all the hangers on who only stick around because they feel these things give them some sort of awesome power over the board and their life or some shyt.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 1:56 pm

At the very least, it would weed out all the hangers on who only stick around because they feel these things give them some sort of awesome power over the board and their life or some shyt.

I'd rather just have 0 posts and 0 karma, it makes me all self-conscious, like I have no life or something :-[

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 1:57 pm

I'd rather just have 0 posts and 0 karma, it makes me all self-conscious, like I have no life or something :-[

Methinks if those were at zero, that means you DO have a life. ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 1:58 pm

Methinks if those were at zero, that means you DO have a life. ;)

No, it means the mods love me and keep my stats hidden :D

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 1:59 pm

No, it means the mods love me and keep my stats hidden :D

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 07/05/09 at 4:06 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Written By: Silver Power on 07/05/09 at 4:40 pm

When I first started on this forum, there was no Karamel. I didn't care about post count, and smiting hadn't been formally suggested yet. I made this thread because I figured it would be fun. I don't feel like I have some 'awesome power'.

In my opinion, if you are opposed to this thread, you shouldn't bother posting. Although I respect that you're stating your opinion, you are, for the most part, just extending negativity. I don't post on a thread just to tell everyone that I don't like it, so why would you?

If you like this thread, fine, if not, there's not much I can do. But there is something you could do. Perhaps, not visit this thread?

I have no personal problems with anyone on this entire forum, as far as I know. And I don't plan on it either. So please don't take this response as some sort of attack, it's not my intention.

Furthermore, Karamel to the 2 above me, who happen to be Dagnabbit and Jessica.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/05/09 at 4:48 pm

When I first started on this forum, there was no Karamel. I didn't care about post count, and smiting hadn't been formally suggested yet. I made this thread because I figured it would be fun. I don't feel like I have some 'awesome power'.

In my opinion, if you are opposed to this thread, you shouldn't bother posting. Although I respect that you're stating your opinion, you are, for the most part, just extending negativity. I don't post on a thread just to tell everyone that I don't like it, so why would you?

If you like this thread, fine, if not, there's not much I can do. But there is something you could do. Perhaps, not visit this thread?

I have no personal problems with anyone on this entire forum, as far as I know. And I don't plan on it either. So please don't take this response as some sort of attack, it's not my intention.

Except you mentioned that you don't like the Longest Thread Ever.  So you totally contradicted yourself just now.

Oops.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 4:51 pm

Except you mentioned that you don't like the Longest Thread Ever.  So you totally contradicted yourself just now.

Oops.

How could you hate the LTE?  :( :(

Written By: Silver Power on 07/05/09 at 5:31 pm

Oops.

Except that I did it in my own thread, when the topic came up, as opposed to just posting that I didn't find the conversation there interesting on TLE itself. I had my opinions, but I wasn't going to ruin everyone elses fun on that thread by posting that I didn't find it interesting. So you totally have no clue what you're talking about.

Oops.

And I'm sick of this arguing. It's getting ridiculous. Rules are rules, Karamel to Rice and Ash.

Written By: gibbo on 07/05/09 at 6:14 pm

Except you mentioned that you don't like the Longest Thread Ever.  So you totally contradicted yourself just now.

Oops.

I can't see how disliking any thread equates to disliking the posters in that thread! LTE posters are thicker skinned than that I'm sure...

I don't post there often either... but I don't have any issues with those who do post there regularly. No problems ...

karamel to SP and Rice

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 7:05 pm

It's just a little bit of fun here.  I actually look forward to the thread, not so much for the karamel, as to the free and easy conversation we have. If it's not to your liking, don't convince us we're silly or lacking in some way, just let us be. Karamel to Peter amd SP.

I call bullsh*t on what you just said that I bolded above.  Why?  Because of your replies in the "Karma League" thread, from the past WEEK:

You should join the karamel exhange thread, the karamel seems to add up there.

Username Deleted  1332
Davey Thrashmister  1330
adagio  1302

My current goal...lol

This thread isn't for competition, eh?  Silver Power, you might want to explain that to adagio again, because it seems to me that's exactly what she is using it for.

Written By: Silver Power on 07/05/09 at 7:17 pm

Regardless of what anyone is using it for, the point of this thread is to have fun, whether it is through receiving karamel , or through conversation anyone's part].

Can't we all just get along?

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 7:25 pm

Regardless of what anyone is using it for, the point of this thread is to have fun, whether it is through receiving karamel , or through conversation anyone's part].

Can't we all just get along?

Okay, fine, but I'm sure you noticed before you even made this thread that there was already one in existence?

And I'm never nice.  That is why people have called for my banning before, including some mods.

Written By: Silver Power on 07/05/09 at 7:32 pm

Okay, fine, but I'm sure you noticed before you even made this thread that there was already one in existence?

And I'm never nice.  That is why people have called for my banning before, including some mods.

In all honesty, I did not. Had I known there was some kind of active thread for this very same purpose, I would have joined it, instead of making this one. You're obviously nice at some times, maybe just show it more often? Like I said, I have no problems with anyone on this forum, including you.

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 8:42 pm

um  NO!... I have the 6th highest rank on the boards...eventually I will take down nally, then Quirk, then Cat etc   ;)

:D

except for me of course cuz I'm so freakin' awesome you can't stand it  8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 8:47 pm

you should be happy others have started posting here?
seems this thread was always buried on page two or page three...and, If I recall correctly, you guys wanted more people to post here.... 

the thread is finally interesting... instead of balking that people are paying attention to it you should be happy it got noticed....

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 8:48 pm

Oops.

ash just got karma and I don't think she is anywhere in the vicinity of +2 above me... oh well....  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 8:50 pm

It's just a little bit of fun here.  I actually look forward to the thread, not so much for the karamel, as to the free and easy conversation we have. If it's not to your liking, don't convince us we're silly or lacking in some way, just let us be. Karamel to Peter amd SP.

I sort of thought the free and easy flow of conversation is why you guys had the Bedazzled Hammer Pants thread or whatever....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 8:51 pm

I sort of thought the free and easy flow of conversation is why you guys had the Bedazzled Hammer Pants thread or whatever....

Do you find it amusing that the free and easy flow of conversation in the LTE is much larger than all other free and easy flows of conversation on this board...combined?  :D

Written By: Tam on 07/05/09 at 9:59 pm

Continue the contraversial karma discussion here 8)

Written By: Tam on 07/05/09 at 10:03 pm

It's not money, or points, so why do you NEED it?  Isn't it just kind feelings of appreciation?  I don't think I want to ask for it, because I like being genuinely surprised when someone gives me Karma.

I'm sorry, that's just my thoughts, but if it works for you, more (Silver) Power to ya!  ;) :)

Karma +1 ;D

Seriously, I have been trying to find a post written by Chucky, that basically outlines what he had hoped the karma button would be used for. (If Karen were here and not on vacation - I would have the link instantly!) ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 10:05 pm

Karen is good for finding obscure posts, which is karma-worthy.

Written By: Tam on 07/05/09 at 10:06 pm

Here's the thing:

This is exactly how I use karma.... if I remember!
I am the worst at giving karma though, because I know I want to, and I mean to, but then I forget! DUH!
Of course, whenever I have an avatar contest, I always remember then to give out karma when all is said and done. 8)

Written By: Tam on 07/05/09 at 10:07 pm

Karen is good for finding obscure posts, which is karma-worthy.

I know right!
And I will be sure to find a post of hers right now and give her some karma love. 8)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 10:08 pm

I personally think of karma is another stat that can be whored :D  Kinda like post count.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/05/09 at 11:20 pm

This is exactly how I use karma.... if I remember!
I am the worst at giving karma though, because I know I want to, and I mean to, but then I forget! DUH!
Of course, whenever I have an avatar contest, I always remember then to give out karma when all is said and done. 8)

I usually do it that way to.(Minus when I post on the Karamel Exchange)

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 11:21 pm

This is my take on it all:

One of the reasons that ChuckyG has not implemented the smite function is because of the worry that people will abuse it, right?  Yet karma IS being abused, although in a different light, where certain people are all, "Oh karma me because I need to beat such and such person's karma count!"  To me, that smacks of a stupid popularity contest, and I had enough of those in my high school days.

My understanding of karma was always the same as Ash's and Tam's understanding of it: that karma was to be given when someone made an awesome post, when someone made another person laugh, when someone did something in their lives that ruled, etc., NOT just for attention getting and stat-whoring.  I feel the same way about post counts and whatever else the masses on here dream up to be competitive about.

I also think that if we are going to have this stupid karma thing, then the smite part of it should be activated.  It is pretty unfair that we have to keep a thread going and manually keep track of smiting just because certain people don't want to participate.  Well guess what?  I don't want to participate in this karma bullshyt, but I don't have a choice because there is no way to turn it off and I can't just say, "Stop giving me karma!" since no one will believe me and just think it is another attention getting tactic.

So there's my two cents.  I doubt anyone will agree with me, but whatever.  That's never stopped me before.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 11:22 pm

I'd be down with a smite button 8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 11:23 pm

me too....

Written By: Tam on 07/05/09 at 11:34 pm

One of the reasons that ChuckyG has not implemented the smite function is because of the worry that people will abuse it, right?  Yet karma IS being abused, although in a different light, where certain people are all, "Oh karma me because I need to beat such and such person's karma count!"  To me, that smacks of a stupid popularity contest, and I had enough of those in my high school days.

My understanding of karma was always the same as Ash's and Tam's understanding of it: that karma was to be given when someone made an awesome post, when someone made another person laugh, when someone did something in their lives that ruled, etc., NOT just for attention getting and stat-whoring.  I feel the same way about post counts and whatever else the masses on here dream up to be competitive about.

I also think that if we are going to have this stupid karma thing, then the smite part of it should be activated.  It is pretty unfair that we have to keep a thread going and manually keep track of smiting just because certain people don't want to participate.  Well guess what?  I don't want to participate in this karma bullshyt, but I don't have a choice because there is no way to turn it off and I can't just say, "Stop giving me karma!" since no one will believe me and just think it is another attention getting tactic.

So there's my two cents.  I doubt anyone will agree with me, but whatever.  That's never stopped me before.

Sorry Jess....
It won't let me give you karma again for another 24 hours! ;D

But seriously, I am all for the smite button and have been since the day the karma has been implemented. And everything else you haev said pretty much sums up my feelings exactly! 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/05/09 at 11:36 pm

I agree with ya. I'd give ya karma, but, y'know...

I have seen another forum that had the ability for members to rate particular posts as helpful, and why. Like under the post, members a,d, and q found the post to be useful, so they basically karma'd the post instead of the member. I so wish we had that here. I almost never know when I get karma if there was a particular reason for it. I can't remember what messageboard type it was, but I doubt it's compatible with any SMF versions.

None of the other forums I visit, save for the 'on life support' NP, has a karma system. One has the ability to rate a member, once, but it's really a useless feature, and it's pretty bad since a new member can get 1-star bombed out of the gates. People don't come back when they get a flood of negativity from the get-go.

I'd be for a smite button, but I would hope its use could be curbed/disabled on newbies.

Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 07/05/09 at 11:37 pm

Please, no one give me karma. I just noticed my count -  I want to be 1337!!!OMGWTFBBQLULZ!1!!! for a day or two.

Ant

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 11:38 pm

I agree with ya. I'd give ya karma, but, y'know...

I have seen another forum that had the ability for members to rate particular posts as helpful, and why. Like under the post, members a,d, and q found the post to be useful, so they basically karma'd the post instead of the member. I so wish we had that here. I almost never know when I get karma if there was a particular reason for it. I can't remember what messageboard type it was, but I doubt it's compatible with any SMF versions.

None of the other forums I visit, save for the 'on life support' NP, has a karma system. One has the ability to rate a member, once, but it's really a useless feature, and it's pretty bad since a new member can get 1-star bombed out of the gates. People don't come back when they get a flood of negativity from the get-go.

I'd be for a smite button, but I would hope its use could be curbed/disabled on newbies.

Ant

Oooh, that's like Facebook or something.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/05/09 at 11:39 pm

Please, no one give me karma. I just noticed my count -  I want to be 1337!!!OMGWTFBBQLULZ!1!!! for a day or two.

Ant
Jack is  LEET

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 11:39 pm

Ant

I wonder if it would be feasible to put a block on giving smites and karmas to new members until they've made like 100 posts or so.

Written By: Tam on 07/05/09 at 11:40 pm

I wonder if it would be feasible to put a block on giving smites and karmas to new members until they've made like 100 posts or so.

Get out of my head!!!

I was just going to check the stats for it!!! ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/05/09 at 11:41 pm

Hmmmm....I see the wolves are starting to hunt in packs here again. Apparently, there is very little room on these boards for error ....and even less for foregiveness. I am pretty tolerant myself .....but I begin to

whatdya mean again  >:(

Written By: gibbo on 07/05/09 at 11:42 pm

whatdya mean again  >:(

I mean...it has happened before...and it will happen again! As long as we humans are posting... ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/05/09 at 11:43 pm

Oooh, that's like Facebook or something.

Like Facebook, but not it. I've never been on that site.

NP has the advanced software, and I don't think it's doable over there. I'm sure the script for it wouldn't be too hard to write (he writes, knowing dick about scripting). One has to have 10 posts over there before giving smite/karma, but I don't think there is a function/ setting for it to work the other way around.

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/09 at 11:43 pm

Get out of my head!!!

;D

Written By: Tam on 07/05/09 at 11:44 pm

Like Facebook, but not it. I've never been on that site.

NP has the advanced software, and I don't think it's doable over there. I'm sure the script for it wouldn't be too hard to write (he writes, knowing dick about scripting). One has to have 10 posts over there before giving smite/karma, but I don't think there is a function/ setting for it to work the other way around.

Ant

But over there you still needed the 100 posts before you could stroke right? Or am I wrong?

I am sorely tempted to activate the smite, create a new account and then see is someone can smite me without having posts or such.....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 11:45 pm

But over there you still needed the 100 posts before you could stroke right? Or am I wrong?

I am sorely tempted to activate the smite, create a new account and then see is someone can smite me without having posts or such.....

DO IT

Written By: gibbo on 07/05/09 at 11:47 pm

Get out of my head!!!

Not certain which of you is in more trouble...???  :o ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/05/09 at 11:48 pm

2kidsami applauds Username Deleted Today at 12:41:55 AM

doh! I have been D313373D. That $uXX0r$.  ;D

You need ten to stroke or poke, but any member with more than 10 can stroke or poke a newbie (<10 posts). There's no way to protect the noobs from a crapload of pokes, short of moderation. Then again, any newbie who gains that much negative attention so quickly is probably doing something to get it, y' know what I mean (in joke there  :D)

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/05/09 at 11:48 pm

I mean...it has happened before...and it will happen again! As long as we humans are posting... ;)
we humans  ;D   speak for yourself.

so when was this specific time before that you were referring to or were you just generalizing or would you rather not pinpoint a specific incident?

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 11:48 pm

yeah do it!

Written By: SmiteMe on 07/05/09 at 11:52 pm

doh! I have been D313373D. That $uXX0r$.  ;D

You need ten to stroke or poke, but any member with more than 10 can stroke or poke a newbie (<10 posts). There's no way to protect the noobs from a crapload of pokes, short of moderation. Then again, any newbie who gains that much negative attention so quickly is probably doing something to get it, y' know what I mean (in joke there  :D)

Ant

I didn't realize it was 10 - I thought it was like here.
8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 11:53 pm

8)

hey try and give me karma while you're at it  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 11:54 pm

8)

i don't see a smite button tho...is there supposed to be a smite button?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 11:54 pm

8)

WHY CAN'T I SMITE YOU!?!?!?!?! >:(

Written By: gibbo on 07/05/09 at 11:55 pm

we humans  ;D   speak for yourself.

so when was this specific time before that you were referring to or were you just generalizing or would you rather not pinpoint a specific incident?

Of course...I didn't mean Americans!  :P

Hmmm ...you seem to be luring me into a fatal trap here!  ;D  I think most here has been involved in altercations (at some time or another) where they feel they have been ganged up on. Hey...it might be just my perception... and I COULD be wrong! Yes, I can say the word!  ;D

In other words ... I am generalising only...but if pushed hard enough...I could search the memory banks for some instances. But I doubt anyone can push me that hard...   Hey ... I like it when everyone gets along!

Written By: SmiteMe on 07/05/09 at 11:55 pm

hey try and give me karma while you're at it  ;D

This is flippin bizarre. I am not used to seeing the boards look so plain!
And I can't give you karma. I need 100 posts :P

Now I must go look at this from a different perspective 8)

I haven't changed anything yet!!!! Gimme a minute! ;D

WHY CAN'T I SMITE YOU!?!?!?!?! >:(

Ditto!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/05/09 at 11:56 pm

Please, no one give me karma. I just noticed my count -  I want to be 1337!!!OMGWTFBBQLULZ!1!!! for a day or two.

Ant
SOWWY :-[  I gave you Karma in the Birthday thread..... :\'( :\'( :\'(

Don't hate me because I am dumb :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/05/09 at 11:56 pm

Chucky's here!  Maybe he can fix things.

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 11:56 pm

This is flippin bizarre. I am not used to seeing the boards look so plain!
And I can't give you karma. I need 100 posts :P

Now I must go look at this from a different perspective 8)

I haven't changed anything yet!!!! Gimme a minute! ;D

Ditto!!!

can't you like boost your post count to 101? you crazy mod you?

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/05/09 at 11:57 pm

Make it 250 - 500, that way we no they are serious (I am just kidding - I am just rather perturbed at somebody right now ::))

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/05/09 at 11:57 pm

Get out of my head!!!

8)

Written By: gibbo on 07/05/09 at 11:57 pm

SOWWY :-[  I gave you Karma in the Birthday thread..... :\'( :\'( :\'(

Don't hate me because I am dumb :P

...but THAT'S why we love you!  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/05/09 at 11:59 pm

I can not enter over there - because it keeps saying it is sending me an activation email - but it never does (and info is correct)....

I would be willing to try for you ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/09 at 11:59 pm

Make it 250 - 500, that way we no they are serious (I am just kidding - I am just rather perturbed at somebody right now ::))

well then in that case you'd have to make it like 551 or something  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/09 at 12:00 am

Of course...I didn't mean Americans!  :P

Hmmm ...you seem to be luring me into a fatal trap here!  ;D  I think most here has been involved in altercations (at some time or another) where they feel they have been ganged up on. Hey...it might be just my perception... and I COULD be wrong! Yes, I can say the word!  ;D

In other words ... I am generalising only...but if pushed hard enough...I could search the memory banks for some instances. But I doubt anyone can push me that hard...   Hey ... I like it when everyone gets along!
;D  yes, I was luring you and no need to get specific. I recall specific incidents, even ones with nice easygoing me invovled  ::)
you answered well enough Peter so we can Let it Be

make sure to let Dizzy know if smiting becomes an option  8)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/06/09 at 12:00 am

SOWWY :-Ant

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 12:00 am

I can not enter over there - because it keeps saying it is sending me an activation email - but it never does (and info is correct)....

I would be willing to try for you ::)

send me your username over there and I will activate it for you! (in a pm of course) ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:01 am

doh! I have been D313373D. That $uXX0r$.  ;D

You need ten to stroke or poke, but any member with more than 10 can stroke or poke a newbie (<10 posts). There's no way to protect the noobs from a crapload of pokes, short of moderation. Then again, any newbie who gains that much negative attention so quickly is probably doing something to get it, y' know what I mean (in joke there  :D)

Ant
I said sowwy - please don't curse at me... I will break out my WEAK card (sorry I couldn't resist - just trust me others are laughing at me and not you) 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:04 am

...but THAT'S why we love you!  ;)
Oh where is that smite button ???

8)

Written By: Red Ant on 07/06/09 at 12:04 am

I said sowwy - please don't curse at me... I will break out my WEAK card (sorry I couldn't resist - just trust me others are laughing at me and not you) 8)

The WEAK card? What is that, like the one of clubs or something?  :D

Really, it's all good. And send Tam that PM - email over there has been broke for a while.

Ant

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:04 am

well then in that case you'd have to make it like 551 or something  ;D
dang that high :P

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:05 am

Let me defend you sami.  It's true...sami doesn't have a clue! Dumb as dog poo ...not in control of her faculties. You can't blame her at all.

There you go sami...you can always count on me to help you!

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:05 am

dang that high :P

not quite but close...very close.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:06 am

It's all good. Besides, 1337!11! 5P34K is kinda moronic anyway, but I like to occasional indulge in stupidity.  :D

Thanks for the karma.

Ant
I'd give you more karma - but I cannot repeat said action for another 24 hours ::)

I guess I should try and take away Karma - but you would know how to do that more than I 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:09 am

The WEAK card? What is that, like the one of clubs or something?  :D

Really, it's all good. And send Tam that PM - email over there has been broke for a while.

Ant
No - some people do not like it if the word Weak is used (and will pm you regarding it over and over and over and over) 8)

Making me want to use it all the more ::)

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 12:10 am

K - gimme a bit and we will see how this goes.
Jack - I am gonna need some help from you please.

Gotta take the dog outside first....

Written By: Red Ant on 07/06/09 at 12:11 am

K - gimme a bit and we will see how this goes.
Jack - I am gonna need some help from you please.

Gotta take the dog outside first....

okay.

Ant

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:11 am

Let me defend you sami.  It's true...sami doesn't have a clue! Dumb as dog poo ...not in control of her faculties. You can't blame her at all.

There you go sami...you can always count on me to help you!
That's it - no more pinnups posted by me >:(

Now that is going to hurt you ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:11 am

The plot thickens 8)

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq_5QZDpY1Y

Written By: Frank on 07/06/09 at 12:15 am

I Karma people when they wrote something funny that makes me LMAO, or some newsworthy item I didn't know about, or something that interests me or if I just feel like it.

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:15 am

That's it - no more pinnups posted by me >:(

Now that is going to hurt you ;D

I hate to break it to you ... but I have search engines for the internet as well!  :P  I just don't get into as much trouble at home if you post an interesting pic. :-\\

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:20 am

The plot thickens 8)

There's a plot?  :o

Written By: SmiteMe on 07/06/09 at 12:21 am

okay.

Ant

assparagus hahahahahaa!!!!! ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:22 am

I can give you karma, but I still can't SMITE YOU >:(

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:23 am

assparagus hahahahahaa!!!!! ;D

that's random and totally deserves a smite....now if only there were a button!

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:25 am

that's random and totally deserves a smite....now if only there were a button!

This proves Tam is too nice. She can't make a smite button!

Written By: SmiteMe on 07/06/09 at 12:27 am

Ok - Jack is going to activate the smite button.
I am the only person you are to try the smite button on! No one else please!!!
This is just a dry run to see if y'all can smite noobs or if you can't.
I am not making sense to myself hahahaha

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:28 am

Let's do this!

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 12:29 am

I gave smiteme karma hahahaha

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:30 am

I gave smiteme karma hahahaha

I gave Smite Me karma too. So ....let's discuss it!  :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:30 am

:o

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 12:31 am

I gave Smite Me karma too. So ....let's discuss it!  :P

woo hoo!!!
We rock!!! ;D ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:32 am

Ohh please please please - you can not do this to me :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:32 am

darn...she foiled my plan... in the mean time...change your post count and give me karma damnit!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:33 am

please let me test it on gibbo....please!

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:34 am

please let me test it on gibbo....please!

Okay Q ...I give you the power to test it on me!  See....I'm in control here... NOT you! Mwaaaahahaha...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:35 am

I see the smite section, but no actual smite button...

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 12:35 am

I see the smite section, but no actual smite button...

we're working on it..... ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:36 am

:D :D

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:39 am

Smite Button is a myth.

Smite Button Fail

Written By: Frank on 07/06/09 at 12:40 am

Are ya sure this smite things is a good idea?
I'm skeptical.
That could get really addictive at first but..hmm...
I think we should ask Saran Palin to provide her opinion  :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:41 am

I'm skeptical.

Maverick.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:41 am

No smite button yet...my smite finger is twitching.

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:41 am

I'm skeptical.

please SP (oops I mean Sarah Palin  :D ) would be the first to use and abuse a smite button if she had one available to her.  ;D

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 12:42 am

Smite Button is a myth.

Smite Button Fail

Definitely failed.

It appears that Chucky maybe has disabled the feature. We can get it partially going but cannot get the link up. It denies us access.
Sucks much!!!!

Perhaps it is still something we can work out for real. :-[

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:43 am

please SP (oops I mean Sarah Palin  :D ) would be the first to use and abuse a smite button if she had one available to her.  ;D
LOL - thank's  8)

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:43 am

I'm skeptical.

Good point Frank.  This was discussed at length some time ago and it was said that some (with low self esteem) may be caused some real grief with a smite count. That's why the 'fun' Smite thread was created...and everyone knew it was tongue in cheek!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:43 am

Definitely failed.

It appears that Chucky maybe has disabled the feature. We can get it partially going but cannot get the link up. It denies us access.
Sucks much!!!!

Perhaps it is still something we can work out for real. :-[
I feel somewhat deflated :-[

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:44 am

I know I'm so sad!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:44 am

Nuts.  Tell Chucky to activate it then ;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:45 am

Put the cork back in...

Written By: Frank on 07/06/09 at 12:46 am

She'd smite Letterman

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:47 am

She'd smite Letterman

To start...  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:48 am

I know I'm so sad!

I think you are VERY sad!  :P

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 12:49 am

Nuts.  Tell Chucky to activate it then ;D

It's more like asking him and letting him know that people want it rather than just telling him to activate it. ;)

But the thing is, no matter how many people we get to say they want it, there are others who are a lot louder and tend the win over us.

In all fairness, I believe if there is a karma button there should be a smite button. It isn't fair to have one and not the other. 'Nuff said.

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 12:49 am

I think you are VERY sad!  :P

::)

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 12:51 am

It's more like asking him and letting him know that people want it rather than just telling him to activate it. ;)

But the thing is, no matter how many people we get to say they want it, there are others who are a lot louder and tend the win over us.

In all fairness, I believe if there is a karma button there should be a smite button. It isn't fair to have one and not the other. 'Nuff said.

It wouldn't worry me if there was a Smite Button to balance things out.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 12:52 am

Mod votes are worth 2000 actual votes.

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 3:25 am

OK, call me "Out to lunch" or "Late for dinner", but WTF is this?  ???

I didn't start this thread with that post-I didn't even start this topic at all.....I put that post in the Karamel Exchange thread...I suppose it if makes for interesting discussion so be it, but I would not start a topic in someone's name and use their post like this.  Whoever did, it would have been nice to get a message first saying "Hey your post kind of got this thing going, care if we run with it?" That's what I would have done.  And I would have said "fine", but wasn't given the chance.

Sorry if I'm stepping on toes of mods or even friends, but I guess if I wouldn't do it to someone, I figure it wouldn't be done to me.

There.  I feel better.

Lead mod business anabel!  The discussion part has been split from the Karamel Exchange thread. Now those who wish to debate the ins and outs of how and when karma/smite should be given ... can discuss it here for awhile... :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 3:52 am

Lead mod business anabel!  The discussion part has been split from the Karamel Exchange thread. Now those who wish to debate the ins and outs of how and when karma/smite should be given ... can discuss it here for awhile... :)

It was Tam trying to appease the masses...this way we can still have our discussion but not violate that other precious thread.... but feel honored "your" thread is now one of the hottest ones in PPP while the other one has lost a lot of traffic ... 

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 5:41 am

and it should make a funny noise every time you smite someone.

Written By: Silver Power on 07/06/09 at 8:07 am

and it should make a funny noise every time you smite someone.

I'm all for a smite button, and a funny sound. Many come to mind: Car crash, fart, Homer Simpson's "D'Oh!', Godly voice saying 'Smite', the list goes on. Good call Howard.  :D

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 9:37 am

This was discussed at length some time ago and it was said that some (with low self esteem) may be caused some real grief with a smite count.

If people get that butthurt over something on the internet, then they need to get out more.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/06/09 at 9:39 am

No - some people do not like it if the word Weak is used (and will pm you regarding it over and over and over and over) 8)

Making me want to use it all the more ::)

WEAK!

It's the new BOOM.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/06/09 at 9:47 am

One of the reasons that ChuckyG has not implemented the smite function is because of the worry that people will abuse it, right?  Yet karma IS being abused, although in a different light, where certain people are all, "Oh karma me because I need to beat such and such person's karma count!"  To me, that smacks of a stupid popularity contest, and I had enough of those in my high school days.

My understanding of karma was always the same as Ash's and Tam's understanding of it: that karma was to be given when someone made an awesome post, when someone made another person laugh, when someone did something in their lives that ruled, etc., NOT just for attention getting and stat-whoring.  I feel the same way about post counts and whatever else the masses on here dream up to be competitive about.

I also think that if we are going to have this stupid karma thing, then the smite part of it should be activated.  It is pretty unfair that we have to keep a thread going and manually keep track of smiting just because certain people don't want to participate.  Well guess what?  I don't want to participate in this karma bullshyt, but I don't have a choice because there is no way to turn it off and I can't just say, "Stop giving me karma!" since no one will believe me and just think it is another attention getting tactic.

So there's my two cents.  I doubt anyone will agree with me, but whatever.  That's never stopped me before.

I can't believe such an ignorant slut can be so smart and eloquent.   ;)  ;D :-*

Written By: Red Ant on 07/06/09 at 9:47 am

If people get that butthurt over something on the internet, then they need to get out more.

Filling out the appropriate paperwork helps too:

http://babspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/butthurt-ad.jpg

Ant

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/06/09 at 9:51 am

Ant

I am CRYING!!!  With laughter. 

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 9:54 am

Ant

Now you're going to get a TON of these in your PM box. ;D

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 9:59 am

Right. I stumbled upon the thread after finishing up the avatar contest and decided that there was good discussion in it, so I split the topic in order for the discussion to continue.

It was Tam trying to appease the masses...this way we can still have our discussion but not violate that other precious thread.... but feel honored "your" thread is now one of the hottest ones in PPP while the other one has lost a lot of traffic ... 

Ah, but I wasn't trying to appease anyone. It is a great discussion and I didn't want it to be lost/buried in another thread. Like others, it doesn't bother me any of threads go off topic - if they don't want it to go off topic, the TTT is the place to post it. And I figured that smite might actually get some recognition if more people voiced their opinions on the matter.

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 10:09 am

Ant
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

I have someone that comes to mind, they are all sorts of Butthurt  ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 10:10 am

I am CRYING!!!  With laughter. 
You too???? ;D ;D ;D

Thank goodness you are not WEAK - you may succumb to exhaustion!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 10:12 am

Right. I stumbled upon the thread after finishing up the avatar contest and decided that there was good discussion in it, so I split the topic in order for the discussion to continue.

Ah, but I wasn't trying to appease anyone. It is a great discussion and I didn't want it to be lost/buried in another thread. Like others, it doesn't bother me any of threads go off topic - if they don't want it to go off topic, the TTT is the place to post it. And I figured that smite might actually get some recognition if more people voiced their opinions on the matter.
Tam is cool 8) but I cannot give her any Karma :\'(

Written By: Midas on 07/06/09 at 11:10 am

Cr@p, I missed the smite button test.

I'd be down with the feature.  It would help eliminate the thankless job Tam/Tia/whoever does it of tallying up Smites in Smite Club.

That and I'm an Equal Opportunity Smiter.  :D

Written By: Midas on 07/06/09 at 12:35 pm

One of the reasons that ChuckyG has not implemented the smite function is because of the worry that people will abuse it, right?  Yet karma IS being abused, although in a different light, where certain people are all, "Oh karma me because I need to beat such and such person's karma count!"  To me, that smacks of a stupid popularity contest, and I had enough of those in my high school days.

My understanding of karma was always the same as Ash's and Tam's understanding of it: that karma was to be given when someone made an awesome post, when someone made another person laugh, when someone did something in their lives that ruled, etc., NOT just for attention getting and stat-whoring.  I feel the same way about post counts and whatever else the masses on here dream up to be competitive about.

I also think that if we are going to have this stupid karma thing, then the smite part of it should be activated.  It is pretty unfair that we have to keep a thread going and manually keep track of smiting just because certain people don't want to participate.  Well guess what?  I don't want to participate in this karma bullshyt, but I don't have a choice because there is no way to turn it off and I can't just say, "Stop giving me karma!" since no one will believe me and just think it is another attention getting tactic.

So there's my two cents.  I doubt anyone will agree with me, but whatever.  That's never stopped me before.

I agree with you.  To the personal stat-wh0rez, I give you this tasty dish:

http://a3.vox.com/6a00ccff8c1a17673100f48d0c118b0001-500pi

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 12:41 pm

I agree with you.  To the personal stat-wh0rez, I give you this tasty dish:

http://a3.vox.com/6a00ccff8c1a17673100f48d0c118b0001-500pi

WOW  :o I love cheese and wine (any fruit - not a crazy olive person?) 8)

Written By: Midas on 07/06/09 at 12:43 pm

;D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/06/09 at 12:43 pm

Cr@p, I missed the smite button test.

I'd be down with the feature.  It would help eliminate the thankless job Tam/Tia/whoever does it of tallying up Smites in Smite Club.

That and I'm an Equal Opportunity Smiter.  :D

I wonder though...

Would it be like NP's system?(Where you get the positive on the left and the negative on the right)

It would be interesting that way.

Plus, you'd probably get people wanting to be smited regularly. :D

Written By: Tam on 07/06/09 at 2:33 pm

I wonder though...

Would it be like NP's system?(Where you get the positive on the left and the negative on the right)

It would be interesting that way.

Plus, you'd probably get people wanting to be smited regularly. :D

It would be identical to that system.

Written By: Step-chan on 07/06/09 at 3:18 pm

It would be identical to that system.

I never really seen the smite option for long while it was on here.

That's cool. ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 4:21 pm

I'm all for a smite button, and a funny sound. Many come to mind: Car crash, fart, Homer Simpson's "D'Oh!', Godly voice saying 'Smite', the list goes on. Good call Howard.  :D

How about a "BUZZ" sound? like a game show buzzer.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/09 at 4:54 pm

how'z about deleting & starting everyone at zero?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 4:59 pm

That would make heads explode :D :D

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 5:18 pm

No one touches my Karma. >:(

Written By: Midas on 07/06/09 at 5:19 pm

I'm down wit dat

dat too :D

No one touches my Karma. >:(

I don't think anyone wants to  8-P :D

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 5:20 pm

everybody keep their karma count.

Written By: Midas on 07/06/09 at 5:32 pm

everybody keep their karma count.

And what happens if they don't keep it?  :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 5:36 pm

Head ESSPLODE!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/09 at 5:42 pm

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/explode.gif    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/explode.gif    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/explode.gif

I'm down wit dat

do it in the middle of the night.. do it....do it......  it will make for interesting posts  ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/06/09 at 6:05 pm

just checked out my karma and I noticed that I've joined the 4040 club. cool  8)
thanks again anabel  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:14 pm

Ant

where was this when I needed it?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:16 pm

Whine silly... as in a little cheese to go with their whine!  ;D

I owe Jess karma...

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:18 pm

still a few masses were appeased by having this discussion removed from their thread... and this mass < will also be appeased if you have moved < final two comments from aforementioned thread as well  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:19 pm

no... I am still a Ho' you guys knew that when you accepted me... .I ain't changing for you beeyaches!!!  R3l33t everyone else!  :P

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:20 pm

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/explode.gif    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/explode.gif     http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/explode.gif
do it in the middle of the night.. do it....do it......  it will make for interesting posts  ::)

great april fools gag!  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 9:58 pm

I'd laugh :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 9:59 pm

I'd laugh :D

I would too... but only If I got my karma back in the end!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 10:00 pm

I would too... but only If I got my karma back in the end!  ;D

actually....it'd be cool if we all started at 0 again to level the playing fields...  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 10:01 pm

I think if we activated the smite button, everyone should start with a clean slate on karma/smite.

Post counts can stay abnormally high for some though :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 10:09 pm

I think if we activated the smite button, everyone should start with a clean slate on karma/smite.

Post counts can stay abnormally high for some though :D

I can agree to that!  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 10:11 pm

I can agree to that!  8)
Only a true Karma whore - can be confident in her capabilities to get ahead 8)

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 10:11 pm

I think we should reset Nally and Philip Eno's post counts, just because.

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 10:13 pm

considering I have upped my skills I can totally take them if we all start at zero!  ;)

Written By: Jessica on 07/06/09 at 10:14 pm

considering I have upped my skills I can totally take them if we all start at zero!   ;)

I just want to see heads explode. ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 10:14 pm

Their heads would essplode

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/06/09 at 10:14 pm

I think they should reset my stats to zero :P

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 10:15 pm

I'll admit it would be fun to watch. I boast about my stats but honestly it wouldn't freak me out if I had to start over...

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/06/09 at 10:15 pm

It would be messy :D

Written By: gibbo on 07/06/09 at 11:58 pm

I'll admit it would be fun to watch. I boast about my stats but honestly it wouldn't freak me out if I had to start over...

That's because you would get to the front quicker!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/09 at 11:59 pm

That's because you would get to the front quicker!  ;D

shhh  no one else'll probably figure that out right away  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/07/09 at 6:55 am

And what happens if they don't keep it?  :D

replace it.

Written By: Midas on 07/07/09 at 8:29 am

actually....it'd be cool if we all started at 0 again to level the playing fields...  ;D

Or we just add the smite button and that will offset people's karma count :D  Heck, you could even add in my smite total from Smite Club. O0

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/07/09 at 9:29 am

I am totally down for starting everyone at 0, just for S's and G's.  I also think it would be funny to give everyone totally random post count and karma.  I know it isn't possible, but it would be awesome to have old members have like 2 posts and new members to have 50,000 karma.  Can you imagine the fallout?   ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/07/09 at 10:14 am

I am totally down for starting everyone at 0, just for S's and G's.  I also think it would be funny to give everyone totally random post count and karma.  I know it isn't possible, but it would be awesome to have old members have like 2 posts and new members to have 50,000 karma.  Can you imagine the fallout?   ;D

you sick twisted little wench.... I LOVE IT!!!  :-*

Written By: 2kidsami on 07/07/09 at 10:34 am

I am totally down for starting everyone at 0, just for S's and G's.  I also think it would be funny to give everyone totally random post count and karma.  I know it isn't possible, but it would be awesome to have old members have like 2 posts and new members to have 50,000 karma.  Can you imagine the fallout?  ;D
Instead of profile bandit - we would now have Karma Bandit and PostCount Bandit ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/07/09 at 10:44 am

Instead of profile bandit - we would now have Karma Bandit and PostCount Bandit ;D ;D ;D

RIGHT ON!!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/09 at 11:02 am

Brilliant.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/09 at 11:04 am

I think that only Philip & Badfinger Fan's karma count should go back to 0.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, ok, j/k.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/07/09 at 3:20 pm

there'd be chaos.  :o

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/07/09 at 3:26 pm

I think that only Philip & Badfinger Fan's karma count should go back to 0.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Ok, ok, j/k.

Cat
;D  are you a good witch, or a bad witch? 

I'd be happy to go to zero, but instead of taking it away, let me give it away...wait...hold the phone Chuck!   that's another idea, once a person gets to 100, everytime they give someone karma, it takes from their own tally and they get it back if someone karmas them. 

Written By: Howard on 07/07/09 at 4:10 pm

I wouldn't go back to zero,look how many years it took me to get here?

Written By: gibbo on 07/07/09 at 6:16 pm

;D  are you a good witch, or a bad witch? 

I'd be happy to go to zero, but instead of taking it away, let me give it away...wait...hold the phone Chuck!   that's another idea, once a person gets to 100, everytime they give someone karma, it takes from their own tally and they get it back if someone karmas them. 

...very, very bad witch!  >:( ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/07/09 at 9:50 pm

Are people born wicked or is wickedness thrust upon them?

Written By: gibbo on 07/07/09 at 11:30 pm

Every time I thrust my wickedness on someone ... I get arrested!  ;)

Written By: Tam on 07/08/09 at 12:09 am

*Tam taps her forehead repeatedly* "Happy thoughts, happy thoughts"

Definitely didn't want that visual in my head! ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/08/09 at 1:07 am

and I thought I was a degenerate  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 07/08/09 at 1:45 am

and I thought I was a degenerate  ;D

Oh...that's a separate matter...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/08/09 at 1:54 am

Oh...that's a separate matter...
and a different board...NP  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/08/09 at 10:41 am

;D  My favorite musical EVER!

;D ???

*Tam taps her forehead repeatedly* "Happy thoughts, happy thoughts"

Definitely didn't want that visual in my head! ;D

I kinda liked the visual...  :-[ :-\\ ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/09 at 11:20 am

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/08/09 at 4:34 pm

She's a good witch!  ;)

Written By: Midas on 07/09/09 at 10:37 am

I wouldn't go back to zero,look how many years it took me to get here?

Your karma count would only go down a few hundred with all the smites you get :D

Written By: Howard on 07/09/09 at 3:21 pm

Your karma count would only go down a few hundred with all the smites you get :D

Yeah who says?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/10/09 at 3:19 am

;D  My favorite musical EVER!

I saw it in May and I agree it's quite amazing and awesome

Yeah who says?
Midas did  ::)

Written By: Midas on 07/10/09 at 9:21 am

Yeah who says?

Midas did  ::)

Yeah! >:(

:D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/09 at 7:52 pm

do you ever feel like you have to reciprocate karma because someone gave you some  ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/30/09 at 7:53 pm

do you ever feel like you have to reciprocate karma because someone gave you some  ::)

Nope.

Written By: karen on 07/30/09 at 7:55 pm

Some people give the impression that they expect it back.  I try to only give it if I think someone deserves it

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/09 at 7:58 pm

Nope.
you're part Vulcan, aren't you  ::)

Some people give the impression that they expect it back.  I try to only give it if I think someone deserves it
true, true.  i never expect it back but recieve graciously and give generously. i like to give it when someone posts in a thread i started.

Written By: gibbo on 07/30/09 at 8:18 pm

I don't expect it back...but I do reciprocate!  Can't seem to help myslef..... :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/09 at 10:58 am

Sometimes but not always.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...