inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Random Acts of Kindness.....

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 12:04 am

List yours here.

to be fair I haven't been out today so I haven't really done any today

tho I did research something on the internet for my mom and I am caring for my landlords pets for the next four days....

Subject: Re: Random Acts of Kindness.....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/29/09 at 12:47 am

I give copious amounts of $ to random homeless/hardluck folks sometimes.  I guess that's random and good enough right?  :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 1:09 am

I give copious amounts of $ to random homeless/hardluck folks sometimes.  I guess that's random and good enough right?  :D

yes it is... I do that too... but I'm totally random about the frequency of occurrence and the amount I give  ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/29/09 at 1:16 am

I just gave saver karma.  :o

I don't do much randomly, but when I was working in Greensboro, I would give something to the RHMotD (random homeless man of the day) standing at the intersection of 68 and I-40. Not much: a piece of chicken (Bojangles is right there too), spare change, a Sharpie marker, whatever.

Ant

Written By: Frank on 06/29/09 at 1:17 am

I give money to a gospel mission in our area and sometimes I go down there and talk to the people

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 1:18 am

I don't do much randomly, but when I was working in Greensboro, I would give something to the RHMotD (random homeless man of the day) standing at the intersection of 68 and I-40. Not much: a piece of chicken (Bojangles is right there too), spare change, a Sharpie marker, whatever.

Ant

I'm so disappointed in you.... there's a line for everything and you just crossed it  :P

Written By: Red Ant on 06/29/09 at 1:25 am

I'm so disappointed in you.... there's a line for everything and you just crossed it  :P

I cross a lot of lines - which one brings the disappointment?

If it's saver line, I don't want to bag on the guy too much, even though it's really tempting at times. Everyone deserves kindness, except for Charles Manson, who should be fed feet first into an industrial-sized wood chipper with dull blades.

Ant

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 1:26 am

I cross a lot of lines - which one brings the disappointment?

If it's saver line, I don't want to bag on the guy too much, even though it's really tempting at times. Everyone deserves kindness, except for Charles Manson, who should be fed feet first into an industrial-sized wood chipper with dull blades.

Ant

you found the line and I started off nice but have had my fill... the welcome has worn thin and I'm prepared to suggest similar treatment for him.  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 06/29/09 at 3:50 am

I carried a box of books down the street for a strange woman today (she appeared to be struggling with the weight). Ended up taking it right to her office building for her (which was two blocks past mine). Damn...that box got heavy...and it was supposed to be LIGHT reading!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/29/09 at 4:35 am

A funny story: in a random act of kindness, when we were going through the Starbucks drive-thru last year, the car ahead of us paid for our small coffee and scone, so the barrista asked if we wanted to "pay it forward" and pay for the car behind us.  We said yeah, but as it turned out, it was three times the amount that we had originally ordered, so had we just paid for what we ordered in the first place, it wouldn't have been so 'painful'. 

Written By: danootaandme on 06/29/09 at 4:43 am

I was at the library and the young girl ahead of me didn't have money to pay her fine so she couldn't check out books.  I paid it for her.

Written By: Howard on 06/29/09 at 5:42 am

helping a person open up a wagon that is stuck together.

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 6:55 am

A funny story: in a random act of kindness, when we were going through the Starbucks drive-thru last year, the car ahead of us paid for our small coffee and scone, so the barrista asked if we wanted to "pay it forward" and pay for the car behind us.  We said yeah, but as it turned out, it was three times the amount that we had originally ordered, so had we just paid for what we ordered in the first place, it wouldn't have been so 'painful'. 

I guess sometimes those random acts can just sort of slap you in the face.... but hopefully the angels of karma were looking out for you and something else good happened. 

and btw shame on that starbucks person... they should have been aware of the difference and just asked you if you'd like to contribute your payment to the car behind not pick up the whole dang tab...  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 6:56 am

I was at the library and the young girl ahead of me didn't have money to pay her fine so she couldn't check out books.  I paid it for her.

that was nice.

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 6:56 am

I carried a box of books down the street for a strange woman today (she appeared to be struggling with the weight). Ended up taking it right to her office building for her (which was two blocks past mine). Damn...that box got heavy...and it was supposed to be LIGHT reading!

;D

Written By: Frank on 06/29/09 at 12:37 pm

I didn't throw things at anyone today. That's my random act of kindness  :o

Written By: Howard on 06/29/09 at 4:32 pm

helping out customers with heavy products.

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 8:30 pm

I didn't throw things at anyone today. That's my random act of kindness  :o

that was very kind of you!

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 8:30 pm

I like how all of Howards RAK's are actually part of his job description  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/09 at 8:35 pm

Dang, what the hell man :o lol

Written By: Jessica on 06/29/09 at 9:23 pm

Ant

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/splat.gif

No random acts of kindness today, but yesterday I refrained from pushing a really annoying person into the Chicago River.  That counts, right?

Wait, I take that back.  Today I let all the kids at the Jewish Day School pet the dog.  He hated me, but the kids loved it.

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 9:33 pm

No random acts of kindness today, but yesterday I refrained from pushing a really annoying person into the Chicago River.  That counts, right?

Wait, I take that back.  Today I let all the kids at the Jewish Day School pet the dog.  He hated me, but the kids loved it.

they both count!  :)

Written By: anabel on 06/29/09 at 9:52 pm

I gave Badfinger-fan his 4000th Karma!!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

Written By: gibbo on 06/29/09 at 9:58 pm

Nice one Jess. I guess I also have not killed anyone today! (well...not that I know of anyway ;D

Written By: Jessica on 06/29/09 at 10:10 pm

Nice one Jess. I guess I also have not killed anyone today! (well...not that I know of anyway ;D

They wouldn't have died....unless I timed it so they hit a boat.  Not that I'm plotting it or anything.....*cough*

Written By: Tam on 06/29/09 at 10:14 pm

Not too sure if this counts:

One of Big Nasty's Soldiers was supposed to deploy when he did, however something held her back. She had already cleared the barracks, so she stayed with a friend for a week. Well, that friend has since moved out of state, and so said Soldier is now staying at my place.

Hey! Gives me company and gives her a place to semi-live. 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/29/09 at 10:48 pm

some lady was coughing a lot in the waiting room at the doctor's office...so I have her a piece of gum. :D

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 11:44 pm

I gave Badfinger-fan his 4000th Karma!!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

THIEF!!!! Just kidding I knew it wouldn't be me... but if not for me he'd still be at least 900 away from this milestone  ;)

Congrats Mike!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 06/29/09 at 11:45 pm

Not too sure if this counts:

One of Big Nasty's Soldiers was supposed to deploy when he did, however something held her back. She had already cleared the barracks, so she stayed with a friend for a week. Well, that friend has since moved out of state, and so said Soldier is now staying at my place.

Hey! Gives me company and gives her a place to semi-live. 8)

Of course that counts... just because you get some benefit out of it doesn't make it any less kind!  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/30/09 at 6:58 am

I like how all of Howards RAK's are actually part of his job description  ;)

Thanks Snoz. :)

Written By: Frank on 06/30/09 at 3:50 pm

I picked up some toys that kids through off the balcony and returned the toys to their folks, and I didn't charge them anything.

Written By: snozberries on 06/30/09 at 8:57 pm

I picked up some toys that kids through off the balcony and returned the toys to their folks, and I didn't charge them anything.

and you didn't try to sell them on ebay either... nice!

Written By: snozberries on 07/01/09 at 4:02 am

my co-worker is a tango enthusiast and he's taking some time off next week for a competition or seminar or something... I just sat through 45 minutes of youtube footage of people he knows dancing

http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1240.gif

if someone were so inclined to perform a RAK for me....they could take about 18 metal skewers, place them on the fire and then shove them in my eyes one skewer at a time until I can finally erase what has been seen  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/01/09 at 6:46 am

That's very nice.

Written By: Howard on 07/01/09 at 6:47 am

I helped one of the workers with a U-Boat that had gotten stuck on a curb while trying to push it off.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/01/09 at 9:29 am

my co-worker is a tango enthusiast and he's taking some time off next week for a competition or seminar or something... I just sat through 45 minutes of youtube footage of people he knows dancing

http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1240.gif

if someone were so inclined to perform a RAK for me....they could take about 18 metal skewers, place them on the fire and then shove them in my eyes one skewer at a time until I can finally erase what has been seen  ;D

Ooooh...I love tango, I wish you woulda made me watch them instead.

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 1:00 am

Ooooh...I love tango, I wish you woulda made me watch them instead.

I wish we could have done that freaky friday body switch thing that would have saved my ass.....  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/02/09 at 2:33 am

I wish we could have done that freaky friday body switch thing that would have saved my ass.....  ;D

I dunno that you would necessarily want to switch into THIS body.  My life is... to put it gently, a cross between chaos and sheer dullness.  Plus I have two pissing cats whose current hobby is peeing everywhere in my house  (but the litter boxes)  ::) and a t.v. that constantly whines (with no money to replace it).  Calgon take me away.    Plus, I don't know if you know it, but I'm married.  ;)  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 4:01 am

I dunno that you would necessarily want to switch into THIS body.  My life is... to put it gently, a cross between chaos and sheer dullness.  Plus I have two pissing cats whose current hobby is peeing everywhere in my house  (but the litter boxes)  ::) and a t.v. that constantly whines (with no money to replace it).  Calgon take me away.    Plus, I don't know if you know it, but I'm married.   ;)  ;D

lol...but for 45 minutes I would have faired better with the peeing cat, the whiny tv and even the husband than I did with the boring tango.... 

Written By: Howard on 07/02/09 at 5:46 am

lol...but for 45 minutes I would have faired better with the peeing cat, the whiny tv and even the husband than I did with the boring tango....   

Wouldn't you hate that?

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 6:44 am

Wouldn't you hate that?

hate what?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/02/09 at 1:24 pm

Would that have qualified for a random act of kindness?  (See how cleverly I steer the conversation back to the topic at hand?)  One of my many talents.  The other (talents) shall go unnamed.  <insert evil laugh here>

Written By: Howard on 07/02/09 at 3:05 pm

hate what?

trading places with her.

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 10:31 pm

trading places with her.

ouch... why would I hate that? I love Patty I think she is freaking AWESOME and would love to be her for a day....cuz I would take that day to tell a shyt load of people off... see Patty that would be my RAK for you... helping you assert yourself.... you might have some enemies when the dust clears but you'll feel a lot better!  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/02/09 at 11:31 pm

ouch... why would I hate that? I love Patty I think she is freaking AWESOME and would love to be her for a day....cuz I would take that day to tell a shyt load of people off... see Patty that would be my RAK for you... helping you assert yourself.... you might have some enemies when the dust clears but you'll feel a lot better!  ;D

lol Yeah the therapist that hubby and I have been seeing for a little while says I need to work on being assertive as well.  Only problem is it feels awful when I try it.  Plus I'm much better at being a door mat, I think I'm better liked that way anyway.  lol  I lost an important friendship because of being assertive, so I don't really see the benefit of doing it. 

But anyway, any time that you want to experience the greatness that is my life, I can loan you a peeing cat or two.  :P ;) ;D 

Written By: snozberries on 07/02/09 at 11:41 pm

lol Yeah the therapist that hubby and I have been seeing for a little while says I need to work on being assertive as well.  Only problem is it feels awful when I try it.  Plus I'm much better at being a door mat, I think I'm better liked that way anyway.  lol  I lost an important friendship because of being assertive, so I don't really see the benefit of doing it. 

But anyway, any time that you want to experience the greatness that is my life, I can loan you a peeing cat or two.   :P ;) ;D 

sweeetttt....cat pee!!!!  ;D

Written By: Frank on 07/03/09 at 12:32 am

California delicacy?

Written By: gibbo on 07/03/09 at 1:15 am

California delicacy?

Yeah....We prefer sour over here!

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 6:46 am

You can store it in the fridge and someone would think it's orange juice. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/09 at 7:49 am

You can store it in the fridge and someone would think it's orange juice. ;D

if your cat has pee the color of orange juice its time to get your cat checked for his radiation levels...cuz that's on nuclear cat!  :o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/03/09 at 6:58 pm

yeah, maybe some strong apple juice (with the delicate bouquet of ammonia) but not orange juice, unless it was very watered down. 

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 7:00 pm

almost a case of soda fell out of a customers wagon so I helped him put it back and in turn he thanked me for helping him.  :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/03/09 at 7:10 pm

Great work in randomly doing your job kindly Howard :D

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 7:47 pm

Great work in randomly doing your job kindly Howard :D

You're Welcome.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 1:46 am

while getting gas tonight someone asked me if I had jumper cables. I did but I was late for work so I left the cables with them... I really hope my kindness pays off and they leave them at with the gas station attendant like they promised to..

Written By: Frank on 07/04/09 at 1:52 am

while getting gas tonight someone asked me if I had jumper cables. I did but I was late for work so I left the cables with them... I really hope my kindness pays off and they leave them at with the gas station attendant like they promised to..

That's so nice of you. So unselfish.

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 3:07 am

That's so nice of you. So unselfish.

well at first I said yeah I have them but I have to get to work so I can't help.. I felt like a heel so I decided to risk the trust and help them out but save myself from getting written up...  :)

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 6:59 am

That's very nice of you.

Written By: Bobby on 07/04/09 at 7:42 am

Some great examples here folks and a cool thread, Snozberries.  8)

I gave pairs of jeans to a friend of mine which matched his size and I gave my friend a load of Xbox 360 games to start her collection off. :)

What is amazing is how people react to random acts of kindness. Sometimes with suspicion ('Surely s/he wants something in return' . . .) or even with complete bewilderment because they don't expect it. I have had to physically restrain people from giving me money because it went against my intentions, lol.

Written By: Henk on 07/04/09 at 7:46 am

I just gave Bobby karma. :)

I know, probably not really random... ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 7:47 am

funny so did I!!!!  welcome back bobby thanks for liking the thread!  and thanks...your other RAK was showing up today because we always love it when you pop in!

Written By: Bobby on 07/04/09 at 8:07 am

Awww bless ya, Henk. I hope you are keeping well, sir. :)

Your act of kindness hasn't gone unnoticed.

Written By: Henk on 07/04/09 at 8:16 am

Awww bless ya, Henk. I hope you are keeping well, sir. :)

Your act of kindness hasn't gone unnoticed.

Thank you kindly, sir. :)

I am doing well - thanks for asking. Just a week before we go on vacation. 8)

Written By: Bobby on 07/04/09 at 8:25 am

Thank you kindly, sir. :)

I am doing well - thanks for asking. Just a week before we go on vacation. 8)

That sounds great. Where are you heading off to?

Written By: Henk on 07/04/09 at 8:26 am

That sounds great. Where are you heading off too?

A small village in the east of the country, close to the German border. It's called Stokkum.

Written By: Bobby on 07/04/09 at 8:29 am

A small village in the east of the country, close to the German border. It's called Stokkum.

Very nice. Would there be plenty of beer-tasting?  8)

Written By: Henk on 07/04/09 at 8:31 am

Very nice. Would there be plenty of beer-tasting?  8)

We don't drink beer, so I suppose not. Plenty of other beverages, no doubt...

Written By: Bobby on 07/04/09 at 8:33 am

We don't drink beer, so I suppose not. Plenty of other beverages, no doubt...

Ah right. Well, whatever you are drinking, I hope you have a safe and relaxing holiday.  :)

Written By: Henk on 07/04/09 at 8:35 am

Ah right. Well, whatever you are drinking, I hope you have a safe and relaxing holiday.  :)

Thank you. :) We just hope the weather holds.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/04/09 at 9:59 am

Holy random Bobbyness!  :o :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 10:22 am

I got my jumper cables back!!! YAY!

Written By: Henk on 07/04/09 at 11:17 am

I got my jumper cables back!!! YAY!

Well, since I can't give karma to whomever you lend them to... ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 11:24 am

Well, since I can't give karma to whomever you lend them to... ::)

I'll be sure to pass it along  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 7:27 pm

I gave Bobby Karma.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 11:34 pm

I gave Bobby Karma.  :)

see kindess comes with reward... I just gave howard karma too  :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/04/09 at 11:35 pm

Random indeed!  :D

Written By: gibbo on 07/04/09 at 11:50 pm

I'll be sure to pass it along  ;)

Just leave Henk's karma at the gas station...they can pick it up later!

Written By: snozberries on 07/04/09 at 11:54 pm

done  ;) 

today I met friends who came up to SB for the weekend. I hate, HATE this city on holidays because all we have are tourists and all the roads get shut down... you have to drive for 30 minutes to find parking then walk a mile to get where you want to go but she's a good friend so I did it...

then we walked past this street fair and there  was guy who creates jewelry out of glass. the stuff is pretty amazing and I told him so. I oohed and awed over his work and asked him about the process. He was very proud that I liked his stuff. I plan on buying some for people... hope my secret santa is a girl  ;D  actually I'm gonna get some for my aunts and my mom and a cousin...so even tho I didn't buy today I promised him I would later and I meant it.

Written By: Frank on 07/05/09 at 12:56 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 07/05/09 at 6:47 am

Thank You.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/09 at 12:47 pm

Yesterday, I held the door open for an older woman using a walker as well as the two others who she was with. She said that I was best looking door man she had seen. They all thanked me which I didn't think was necessary.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 4:32 pm

I gave an elderly woman a wagon without her doing it herself.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 07/11/09 at 10:49 am

Holy random Bobbyness!   :o :D

Ha ha! Sounds like a mental illness.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 7:03 pm

I cleaned out a wagon for a woman who needed the wagon. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 12:49 pm

And Howard continues to consider his job duties a Random Act of Kindness! EXCELLENT!  ;D

I:
Got an ambulance to a person who was ill
Sent the police to quiet people who were being real loud and disturbed the peace of others.
Called for a locksmith when someone was locked out of their residence
Made a phone call on behalf of a co-worker
Gave cake to two of our student employees
Gave a citizen directions when they got lost
Explained to a person how to fight a ticket.

;D   

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/12/09 at 4:22 pm

I washed my husband's laundry, does that qualify as a random act of kindness?  No, I did not beat it against a rock in a stream, but I did go down our treacherous basement steps with a full heavy basket.  I must go down there again soon to switch it to the dryer and start a load of my clothes.

I guess that is just my job too.  lol  :P

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 4:30 pm

I washed my husband's laundry, does that qualify as a random act of kindness?  No, I did not beat it against a rock in a stream, but I did go down our treacherous basement steps with a full heavy basket.  I must go down there again soon to switch it to the dryer and start a load of my clothes.

I guess that is just my job too.  lol   :P

Its not really your job. He is capable of doing the laundry himself right...  so yeah....it counts as a RAK...if I ever did someone else's laundry you should know I would totally count it as a RAK but the potential of me touching someone else's dirty laundry  8-P is zilch to none  :D

Written By: seamermar on 07/12/09 at 4:42 pm

I quit the wheel of the tug this morning at 7:00 A.M.. Then instead of having a rest I sat before my car's wheel and give a lift to my children and  wife to spend a while on the beach till the sun went down.

The last thing I wanted the first was being a taxi driver, but when you love you yield to play the field.

I suppose that is a random act of kindness...I'm glad to make it endless  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 4:45 pm

I quit the wheel of the tug this morning at 7:00 A.M.. Then instead of having a rest I sat before my car's wheel and give a lift to my children and  wife to spend a while on the beach till the sun went down.

The last thing I wanted the first was being a taxi driver, but when you love you yield to play the field.

I suppose that is a random act of kindness...I'm glad to make it endless  ;)

works for me.... hope you had a nice day at the beach even tho you were tired  :)

Written By: seamermar on 07/12/09 at 4:55 pm

I also do housework, miss Pat, and I don't think I'm doing a random act of kindness, therefore neither do you.
;)

Nevertheless, I think everyone on board the wagon can & should help to carry on.
Maybe you should yield to your husband the honour of coming up and down the steps. ;)

Written By: seamermar on 07/12/09 at 5:02 pm

And Howard continues to consider his job duties a Random Act of Kindness! EXCELLENT!  ;D

I:
Got an ambulance to a person who was ill
Sent the police to quiet people who were being real loud and disturbed the peace of others.
Called for a locksmith when someone was locked out of their residence
Made a phone call on behalf of a co-worker
Gave cake to two of our student employees
Gave a citizen directions when they got lost
Explained to a person how to fight a ticket.

;D    

I think you must feel so satisfied at the end of your working day Q.

Other hand, tourists are a plague aborigines have to pay. I know what it means  8-P

They think the whole world is on vacation, so local folks can hold in their cars to see how wonderful is all around and wasting gaz.
They don't understand someone else could be in  hurry, and you have to go through hell to move as they rest.
Grrrrrrrrr >:(

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 5:07 pm

Thank you....most days I do!

Other hand, tourists are a plague aborigines have to pay. I know what it means  8-P

They think the whole world is on vacation, so local folks can hold in their cars to see how wonderful is all around and wasting gaz.
They don't understand someone else could be in  hurry, and you have to go through hell to move as they rest.

the next random act of kindness someone might consider doing is translating this from Paco to Q for me  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/09 at 5:14 pm

I could have written this post. But I put both Hubby's clothes & mine together.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 6:03 pm

I could have written this post. But I put both Hubby's clothes & mine together.

Cat

perhaps you can consider it a RAK because you spare that person you have...you know the one like the one I want in for house  ;) .... you spare them that task  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/09 at 6:10 pm

perhaps you can consider it a RAK because you spare that person you have...you know the one like the one I want in for house  ;) .... you spare them that task  :)

RAK? Please forgive my ignorance. Of course Carlos cooks for me every night (which he is doing as I am writing this) so I do his laundry for him.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 6:13 pm

RAK? Please forgive my ignorance. Of course Carlos cooks for me every night (which he is doing as I am writing this) so I do his laundry for him.

Cat

Random Act of Kindness  :P  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/09 at 6:27 pm

Random Act of Kindness   :P  ;)

A DUH!!! Sorry. Was having a blond moment there (and I'm not blond)-or should I say a senior moment (and I'm not a senior).

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 6:33 pm

A DUH!!! Sorry. Was having a blond moment there (and I'm not blond)-or should I say a senior moment (and I'm not a senior).

Cat

I was just going to make some comment about something jason posted in the you know you're old when thread but now I forgot what that was  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/09 at 6:42 pm

I was just going to make some comment about something jason posted in the you know you're old when thread but now I forgot what that was  ;)

Do I know you?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 6:43 pm

Do I know you?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

huh? How did I get here?  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/12/09 at 9:32 pm

Not sure...but I'm guessing he means:

On commenting about you giving directions to someone lost... (perhaps)

On one hand, tourists are a plague that native citizens (who live there) have to put up with (if they want the money that comes with hosting strangers in their "backyard".  He should know, Spain has lots of tourists.

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 9:35 pm

Not sure...but I'm guessing he means:

On commenting about you giving directions to someone lost... (perhaps)

On one hand, tourists are a plague that native citizens (who live there) have to put up with (if they want the money that comes with hosting strangers in their "backyard".  He should know, Spain has lots of tourists.

oh I thought he meant aborigiones like those australian dudes... 

THANKS!

Written By: Howard on 07/12/09 at 9:51 pm

I gave a woman and her Mother a wagon so they wouldn't have to walk to it,instead I just handed it to them. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 9:52 pm

I gave a woman and her Mother a wagon so they wouldn't have to walk to it,instead I just handed it to them. :)

and the hits just keep on coming!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/12/09 at 9:54 pm

and the hits just keep on coming!  ;D

Hey,I'm the most kind cart attendant over there,they should see how I work.

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 9:54 pm

Hey,I'm the most kind cart attendant over there,they should see how I work.

I think they do... I just wonder if Howard does any RAK's that don't have anything to do with his job.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/12/09 at 10:00 pm

I think they do... I just wonder if Howard does any RAK's that don't have anything to do with his job.  ;)

I clean out the garbage,I help the elderly up the ramp if they need it.

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 10:01 pm

I clean out the garbage,I help the elderly up the ramp if they need it.

those are excellent RAK's!!! O0

Written By: Howard on 07/12/09 at 10:09 pm

those are excellent RAK's!!! O0

Thank You. :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/13/09 at 1:03 am

oh I thought he meant aborigiones like those australian dudes... 

THANKS!

yeah that's probably how it came up in whatever translation program he uses.  I'm sure that when I use babel fish to translate, it does a very shoddy job.  I remember when dizzy was trying to come up with her new name and I suggested the Portuguese word for dancer (via babel fish), unfortunately I did not know that Portuguese (like french) has gender specific words, so I unintentionally suggested she use the male word for dancer (which she so obviously isn't...a male, that is)  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 1:05 am

yeah that's probably how it came up in whatever translation program he uses.  I'm sure that when I use babel fish to translate, it does a very shoddy job.  I remember when dizzy was trying to come up with her new name and I suggested the Portuguese word for dancer (via babel fish), unfortunately I did not know that Portuguese (like french) has gender specific words, so I unintentionally suggested she use the male word for dancer (which she so obviously isn't...a male, that is)   ;D

if she is (male) that's one amazing transformation!  ;D

you just did another RAK allowing my guess this thread game to go longer... you rock!!! and you were awesome figuring out the way you did! O0

Written By: Howard on 07/13/09 at 5:34 am

Letting a person on the bus before me.

Written By: seamermar on 07/13/09 at 8:08 am

Thank you....most days I do!

the next random act of kindness someone might consider doing is translating this from Paco to Q for me  :D

Sorry Q, Sometimes I think I explain myself properly but.....it turns wrong  >:(

For abogirine I simply meant native of the place.

When tourists are on vacation they think nobody's in a hurry.
Everywhere is jam-packed , so you move slower your lorry.
You need way too much time to get at work
and way too much time to go home
so you have to wake up earlier then before.

more time to park your car you need
and you're happy when you achieve it
without a fine on  the windshield
and being fed up in the wheel
if you get help up on a traffic jamp,
more time staying in line to watch a film
or waiting at the counter to buy an ice-cream,
so less time to enjoy your free time.

You have to pay more money, time and  attention
if you want to survive in this hive that
it becomes a city in summertime with tourists on vacation.

I don't mind tourists all around.

bookmistress4ever you're right

On one hand, tourists are a plague that native citizens (who live there) have to put up with (if they want the money that comes with hosting strangers in their "backyard".  He should know, Spain has lots of tourists.

I welcome everyone  I run into. I've been a traveller for a long long time, time ago, so I do know how it feels being in a different land.

I think I did my RAK  :D ;D

All fOR SNOZZ I'm glad

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 8:43 am

Thanks paco. You explained that very well.
Santa barbara is full of tourists this time of year too
It took me a long time to get home yesterday

Written By: Howard on 07/13/09 at 4:47 pm

I put away the crates where they hold many cases of water in back of the store,Then I swept up.

Written By: anabel on 07/13/09 at 8:57 pm

This morning walking into the building at work, I had a box full of clothes for a drive they were having, a bottle of water, my handbag and a Zone bar (in the wrapper) between my teeth, and the guard saw me and did the automatic door open...that made me feel so special... :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 8:59 pm

This morning walking into the building at work, I had a box full of clothes for a drive they were having, a bottle of water, my handbag and a Zone bar (in the wrapper) between my teeth, and the guard saw me and did the automatic door open...that made me feel so special... :)

very cool.... today I smiled encouraging at someone who was totally tanking the interview... I wanted feel encouraging even tho it was horrible!  ::)

Written By: karen on 07/13/09 at 9:26 pm

I put away the crates where they hold many cases of water in back of the store,Then I swept up.

So this was at work was it?

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 9:30 pm

yes it was

Written By: karen on 07/13/09 at 9:31 pm

yes it was

::)

My RAK was to be very patient with the new guy serving at the cafe today.

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 9:32 pm

::)

My RAK was to be very patient with the new guy serving at the cafe today.

sorry did you need more?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 9:36 pm

sorry did you need more?  ;D

okay tribbles hasn't been around since Feb... I have to be careful.... but there is a position for a new chief. we have five candidates and got to meet with one every day since last tuesday. I missed the one on Wednesday because of a previous engagement  ;)
Last one went today... she wasn't very dynamic speaking in circles and in vague generalities.

she's my current supervisor (well one above my direct supervisor) so I couldn't yawn, look bored or confused. I was hoping she'd do well but i just kept smiling because I didn't want to make her self conscious.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/09 at 9:42 pm

Today we took the 3 guys that we support to a local amusement park. I was on the train with one of the guys, and when the ride was over..he was having a hard time stepping down into his wheelchair. The family that had been sitting near us helped him down and the husband went and brought his wheelchair over for him to sit in. That made me smile. :)

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 7:01 am

Yes it was.There was only 1 more big crate of water(s) left.

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 7:01 am

Today we took the 3 guys that we support to a local amusement park. I was on the train with one of the guys, and when the ride was over..he was having a hard time stepping down into his wheelchair. The family that had been sitting near us helped him down and the husband went and brought his wheelchair over for him to sit in. That made me smile. :)

That's very nice of you.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/09 at 2:07 pm

so today two girls walked in to the station and handed me a wallet they'd found containing $107.... how cool is that?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/09 at 2:15 pm

Not strangling anyone this weekend-I think that counts.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/09 at 2:21 pm

Cat

absolutely!!!

Written By: Howard on 07/26/09 at 10:05 pm

so today two girls walked in to the station and handed me a wallet they'd found containing $107.... how cool is that?

Could I get some money Snoz?

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/09 at 11:27 pm

Could I get some money Snoz?

I don't have any Howard... I returned the wallet to its owner.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/09 at 6:39 am

I don't have any Howard... I returned the wallet to its owner.

DAMN!  >:(

:(

Written By: Howard on 07/27/09 at 6:40 am

Letting a person on the bus before me.

Written By: seamermar on 07/30/09 at 3:30 am

Cat

Today, I just took a razor blade and made a little more smart my face
Then Cat, as long as I won't kill anyone I can count twice,  ;)

I think  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/30/09 at 6:41 am

leaving the day's newspaper on the bus for someone to read.

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/09 at 5:25 pm

leaving the day's newspaper on the bus for someone to read.

Or you caused more work requiring someone to clean up after you.  ;)

I helped a classmate with her paper when I found out what she was writing on racial roles in films of the 1930s I remembered a scene from the original imitation of Life that illustrates her point beautifully!

Also when she made a point in class the TA told me she broke the book down perfectly. I know she was reaching so I made a point to pass his comment on. She seemed pleased and proud she did well! 

Written By: Howard on 07/30/09 at 5:26 pm

Or you caused more work requiring someone to clean up after you

Why? After a long day at work,I'm sure somebody wants something to read.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/30/09 at 7:27 pm

Why? After a long day at work,I'm sure somebody wants something to read.  ;)

Maybe it's an NY thing. I would never pick up a discarded paper and start reading it.  8-P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/09 at 7:40 pm

Maybe it's an NY thing. I would never pick up a discarded paper and start reading it.  8-P
I witnessed one of my co-workers do this yesterday.    right out of the trash  :o

Written By: karen on 07/30/09 at 7:41 pm

I witnessed one of my co-workers do this yesterday.     right out of the trash  :o

I wouldn't pick one up out of the trash but I have read discarded newspapers at the airport, on the plane, on a train and in cafes

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/09 at 7:53 pm

I wouldn't pick one up out of the trash but I have read discarded newspapers at the airport, on the plane, on a train and in cafes
what about restrooms? 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/09 at 7:54 pm

is there a Random Acts Of Cruelty thread?

Written By: karen on 07/30/09 at 7:54 pm

what about restrooms? 

Not a place I usually look for discarded newspapers.

I read the adverts on the door instead!  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 07/30/09 at 8:22 pm

is there a Random Acts Of Cruelty thread?

Not enough space here... ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/30/09 at 10:12 pm

Not enough space here... ;D
ain't that the truth  :D

Written By: gibbo on 07/31/09 at 1:49 am

I was nice to one of the ladies I work with. She brought in a cake (for her birthday) and she had two pieces left over at the end of the day. Well...I helped her out and ate them both ...so she did not have to waste them.  I should get some knid of award for this..... ;)

Written By: anabel on 07/31/09 at 1:53 am

When we were up in the Smoky Mountains, the car we were driving started overheating from the steep climb, and as soon as my Dad put the hood up on the car to take a look, a guy came over with a milk jug full of water and told us to take it if we needed it. Given the fact that there was nowhere else to get that much water, we thought he was a life saver! Then he proceeded to pour out the water out of his drinking bottle for us to take too, so I thought it was really nice that he was so helpful to someone he didn't even know.

Karma to Water Guy, wherever you may be now.... :D

Written By: seamermar on 07/31/09 at 5:47 am

I was nice to one of the ladies I work with. She brought in a cake (for her birthday) and she had two pieces left over at the end of the day. Well...I helped her out and ate them both ...so she did not have to waste them.  I should get some knid of award for this..... ;)

Yes Gibbo, in deed you deserve

The great greedy award never granted anyone

and a helpful belly  to help  worried ladies to store whatever they want  :P

By the way, I would've done the same dude for a lady
if she'd come to me as a nice bit of crumpet   8)

Written By: seamermar on 07/31/09 at 6:04 am

When we were up in the Smoky Mountains, the car we were driving started overheating from the steep climb, and as soon as my Dad put the hood up on the car to take a look, a guy came over with a milk jug full of water and told us to take it if we needed it. Given the fact that there was nowhere else to get that much water, we thought he was a life saver! Then he proceeded to pour out the water out of his drinking bottle for us to take too, so I thought it was really nice that he was so helpful to someone he didn't even know.

Karma to Water Guy, wherever you may be now.... :D

well Anabel, Maybe this guy just saw the couple of thirsty hearts in the sand
and he thought  as you sow, so shall you reap

Have you ever come back to the steepy Smoky Mountains'  hillsides without your daddy hein   :D?
Maybe Waterguy is still spinning around with whiskey and rye  ;)

I'm j/k.....so don't take my words too seriously. I thinks inthe00s atmosphere is taking me tied  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/31/09 at 6:40 am

But I try to put it on a seat,nicely folded and neat,That's what I do.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/09 at 6:41 am

what about restrooms? 

unless it's an adult magazine.  ;D

Written By: Michael C. on 07/31/09 at 6:46 am

:o
unless it's an adult magazine.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/31/09 at 6:52 am

:o

and no guy can't tell me that they've found an adult magazine in a bathroom especially if it was a bookstore.(and then read it for the pictorials)  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/09 at 9:56 am

I was nice to one of the ladies I work with. She brought in a cake (for her birthday) and she had two pieces left over at the end of the day. Well...I helped her out and ate them both ...so she did not have to waste them.  I should get some knid of award for this..... ;)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/09 at 9:59 am

and no guy can't tell me that they've found an adult magazine in a bathroom especially if it was a bookstore.(and then read it for the pictorials)  ;)

Howard decided to forgo his RAK today in favor of making gross posts... thanks howard  ::)

Written By: Michael C. on 07/31/09 at 1:12 pm

Speaking for Myself.......If I'm in a bathroom....and there's an "Adult" magazine ...........
I am NOT reading the "articles".....Or looking at the "pictorials".......
I aint touchin' the filthy mother............. 8-P  :o  8-P  :o
It's in the BATHROOM...............
I don't even want to think about why it's in there...in the first place !!!!

Written By: anabel on 07/31/09 at 1:22 pm

Speaking for Myself.......If I'm in a bathroom....and there's an "Adult" magazine ...........

^Now here's a smart guy-if it's left in a bathroom, chances are it wasn't just read for the articles!  8-P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/09 at 1:47 pm

Continuing with the off-topic-topic. My step-father's step-son (I know, I know that sounds very weird. My mother was my step-father's 3rd wife, and this was his step-son from his 2nd marriage and stayed with my step-father after his mother died. So that made him my step-step-brother.  ;) :D :D)  Ok, now that I explained that, let me start again, My mother & step-father found some Playboy magazines in my step-step brother's room. His response was "They have good articles". The only problem with that article was the fact that my step-step-brother couldn't read. (He had a lot of developmental issues-which is a politically correct way to say it.  ;) )

Cat

Written By: Michael C. on 07/31/09 at 1:54 pm

Great story..........
I don't begrudge the kid His magazine {although...I think they mess with People's heads....Your average{ie:real} Woman doesn't look like that...So,try as He may...the poor Guy will look past "real" Women thinking He should find the "perfect" one......And some {only some, mind You...}Women...think that's how they're supposed to look....}
I just wouldn't pick up a "used" copy.... :o  :D... ::)

Continuing with the off-topic-topic. My step-father's step-son (I know, I know that sounds very weird. My mother was my step-father's 3rd wife, and this was his step-son from his 2nd marriage and stayed with my step-father after his mother died. So that made him my step-step-brother.  ;) :D :D)  Ok, now that I explained that, let me start again, My mother & step-father found some Playboy magazines in my step-step brother's room. His response was "They have good articles". The only problem with that article was the fact that my step-step-brother couldn't read. (He had a lot of developmental issues-which is a politically correct way to say it.  ;) )

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/31/09 at 3:23 pm

Howard decided to forgo his RAK today in favor of making gross posts... thanks howard  ::)

Sorry Snoz. ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/31/09 at 3:23 pm

cause guys read them.

Written By: anabel on 07/31/09 at 5:45 pm

Looks like it's just a Howard thing.  ???

Written By: gibbo on 07/31/09 at 5:53 pm

^Now here's a smart guy-if it's left in a bathroom, chances are it wasn't just read for the articles!  8-P

Oh maaann.... and I thought those pics wer just taken on a really cloudy day! :o

Written By: gibbo on 07/31/09 at 5:55 pm

Nope....I will read a free newspaper almost anywhere (men's rooms excepted)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/31/09 at 11:08 pm

The other day I was at the supermarket. I was checking my items out, and an older gentleman behind me says, "could you use this?"....he handed me a $10 gift certificate for the store. I thought that was so nice of him! :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/31/09 at 11:26 pm

The other day I was at the supermarket. I was checking my items out, and an older gentleman behind me says, "could you use this?"....he handed me a $10 gift certificate for the store. I thought that was so nice of him! :)

that's awesome!!!

Written By: Howard on 08/01/09 at 5:37 am

That's OCD for ya.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/01/09 at 5:38 am

That's wonderful. :)

Written By: seamermar on 08/03/09 at 4:50 am

I drove my nephew around town. He saw our bioparc,  

http://www.bioparcvalencia.es/cas/
where wildlife is around, and visitors can see from apes to birds.

Only one we couldn't see in that park.
So I drove my little offspring penguin into train station

to have a beer and a soft drink for the kid  along with penguin the nestor.  :)

Written By: Howard on 08/03/09 at 5:57 am

I drove my nephew around town. He saw our bioparc,  

http://www.bioparcvalencia.es/cas/
where wildlife is around, and visitors can see from apes to birds.

Only one we couldn't see in that park.
So I drove my little offspring penguin into train station

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/seamermar/DSC00062.jpg

to have a beer and a soft drink for the kid  along with penguin the nestor.  :)

Nice picture of you and your son.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/09 at 10:47 pm

Nice picture of you and your son.  :)

It's his nephew howard.

GReat picture Paco... I love still the penguin teaching the kid to enjoy God's nectaur at such a young age.....good for you!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/04/09 at 5:56 am

I couldn't stand looking at a filthy break room so what I did before my shift started at 12pm was sweep the floor,clean the gray table and the top of the microwave.Hope they appreciate it since it's not really my job,the stupid maintainence guy is hardly around and he hardly comes when his name is announced on the loudspeaker. ::)

Written By: gibbo on 08/07/09 at 11:48 pm

It's his nephew howard.

Paco's nephew is named Howard?  :o  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/09 at 5:43 am

Paco's nephew is named Howard?  :o  ;)

Yeah,doesn't he wish? ;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/08/09 at 10:08 pm

Cool picture Paco.  :-)

Written By: Frank on 08/09/09 at 12:26 am

I helped some tourist get around our city yesterday late afternoon. They were lost ( looking at maps..pointing in different directions..you know what I'm talking about)
I provided them written instructions as to where to go and what to see. They were thankful.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/09 at 6:40 am

When some people ask me for directions and I become the human road map.

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/09 at 9:57 pm

Someone found my keys and turned them in to custodian at the beach... I'm just glad I saw the custodian and asked him about my keys!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/10/09 at 12:10 am

We gave an elderly man that was hitchiking a ride (about 2 miles or so).  It was really hot.  All went well except he asked how we felt about the 3 young woman that recently got shot at a local exercise gym place.  One of my hubby's friends went to church with all three woman (in their 30s and 40s) so he was rather upset.  We made polite small talk until we dropped the guy off where he wanted to go.  But it was a little creepy.  lol  He asked us if we used Tide (laundry detergent) and I said yes (if it's on sale).  He gave me a coupon for 40 cents off of a box of Tide.  So it was a weird day.

Written By: Frank on 08/10/09 at 2:33 am

I put away all the chairs at Church today ( over 100)

Written By: Howard on 08/10/09 at 6:58 am

Someone found my keys and turned them in to custodian at the beach... I'm just glad I saw the custodian and asked him about my keys!

That's great,Where were they?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/09 at 11:55 am

That's great,Where were they?  ???

Hmmm. I wonder. My guess would be AT THE BEACH!!!!

Howard, once again, I really wish you would READ before responding.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/09 at 12:23 pm

Cat

lol....  I was going to say in a lost and found box in the office.

more accurately they were on the path I walked along as I walked past the beach but still... in the general vicinity of the beach   ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 12:25 pm

I have no kindness in me right now- I am in a bad mood and there is no warm fuzzies in my life :P

Written By: Frank on 08/10/09 at 12:41 pm

I have no kindness in me right now- I am in a bad mood and there is no warm fuzzies in my life :P

Think of something you did as a kid, look at old photograph...might out a smile on you? (and make me a grilled cheese while you are at it  ;))

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 2:34 pm

Think of something you did as a kid, look at old photograph...might out a smile on you? (and make me a grilled cheese while you are at it  ;))
Trying to cheer up by soaking in some vitamin d while the girls are swimming/splashing in the pool!  Also helping my bones with the vitamin d!!!!

Written By: Howard on 08/10/09 at 2:52 pm

Cat

Sorry Cat.  :( :-[

Written By: Howard on 08/10/09 at 2:53 pm

There must be at least something in your life that made you feel good? ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/10/09 at 4:40 pm

it's ok to feel like that (once in awhile) most of the time here you're quite cheerful and peppy and kind (except to gibbo)  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 4:41 pm

it's ok to feel like that (once in awhile) most of the time here you're quite cheerful and peppy and kind (except to gibbo)  ;D
Gibbo is a freak of nature and deserves no kindness  :D

Bwahahahahahaha 8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/10/09 at 4:44 pm

Bwahahahahahaha 8)
you must be feeling better.  ;D  that's the sami we know and luv.

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/09 at 4:44 pm

I smite sami for taking the words right out of my mouth.... and because she likes it so hopefully it'll cheer her up!

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 5:09 pm

you must be feeling better.  ;D  that's the sami we know and luv.
8)  Vitamin D did the trick  8)

oh and bashing Gibbo can always put me in a good mood - it would only be better if he was here  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 5:10 pm

I smite sami for taking the words right out of my mouth.... and because she likes it so hopefully it'll cheer her up!
:D

Written By: gibbo on 08/10/09 at 5:44 pm

Bwahahahahahaha 8)

My act of kindness it to let that one slide ..... fo now!  ;)  Hoping it made a difference to your mood!  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/10/09 at 6:14 pm

My act of kindness it to let that one slide ..... fo now!  ;)  Hoping it made a difference to your mood!  :)
I invoked your name knowing it would pick sami up out of the mire she was in and it worked.   
way to go Peter  ;)

Written By: gibbo on 08/10/09 at 6:34 pm

I invoked your name knowing it would pick sami up out of the mire she was in and it worked.     
way to go Peter  ;)

Yes, it was noted that you served me up on a platter!  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 10:31 pm

Ooooo Gibbo, I am sooo sorry you are so bad off, I had no idea you were so ill. 

Because a healthy gibbo would never have left that go!

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 10:35 pm

way to go Peter  ;)

Thank you Mike!!!! I needed that :D. I love you guys ( but ssssshhhhhh don't tell Peter ) O0

Written By: gibbo on 08/10/09 at 11:17 pm

Thank you Mike!!!! I needed that :D. I love you guys ( but ssssshhhhhh don't tell Peter ) O0

Too late!  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/10/09 at 11:30 pm

Too late!  ;)
By golly you CAN read!!!!!  They kept telling me, but I didn't believe them! ;)

Written By: gibbo on 08/11/09 at 12:42 am

By golly you CAN read!!!!!  They kept telling me, but I didn't believe them! ;)

Hah...gotcha...I'm using telepathy ... NOT my eyes!

Written By: Howard on 08/11/09 at 7:13 am

that would be in another thread.  ;)

Written By: seamermar on 08/11/09 at 7:56 am

Paco's nephew is named Howard?  :o  ;)

If Howard were my nephew, it would be him who rised me up..... as I hold the beer in my right hand.  :D

If I sneak myslef some day into the Big Apple,
I will get me a chartman to avoid the scramble
though I know with him I risk to lose my marbles
I will let him to bring me a  Random Acts of Kindness  ;)

One for Howie, slam for Gibbo  :P

Written By: seamermar on 08/11/09 at 8:11 am

It's his nephew howard.

GReat picture Paco... I love still the penguin teaching the kid to enjoy God's nectaur at such a young age.....good for you!  ;D

when that penguin quit the ice
He found a nectar beyond price
he quickly grew a bird  fat and wise
teaching Kids and daddies his  delight.

I go and see him whenever I can, just as Cat said : to feel that God loves us, and I've known and swallow the prove.

So I raise my glass neither the first nor last
come join me in this toast ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/09 at 10:41 am

that would be in another thread.  ;)

But she likes being smite so it also counts as a random act of kindness.

Written By: Howard on 08/11/09 at 2:47 pm

But she likes being smite so it also counts as a random act of kindness.

I thought smites were bad?

Written By: Dagwood on 08/11/09 at 5:15 pm

Not if you take it as it is truly meant.  All in good fun.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/11/09 at 5:41 pm

If you get a SMITE from me, it's bad

Written By: Howard on 08/12/09 at 7:02 am

If you get a SMITE from me, it's bad

So,that would be a good kind of bad.

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/09 at 5:14 pm

I let some woman use my phone to call her phone to see if she could figure out where she lost it....her mom had it.

I also saved a place in line for two of my friends yesterday. They were in front of the line with me but because of bad hips and knees they couldn't stand anymore so I saved their place for an hour and a half while they sat in the car. 

and I told Karin Dicker about the Imitation of Life Event. She had no idea and would have missed it if not for me....considering she was a supporting actress in a key role in the pic I think its good she was there.  :)

Written By: Frank on 08/22/09 at 5:27 pm

I helped scrape (with sandpaper) all the railings outside our Church today, as well as vacuum a whole bunch of stuff. Getting ready for the pre-school kids to come in a few weeks.

Written By: snozberries on 08/22/09 at 5:30 pm

I helped scrape (with sandpaper) all the railings outside our Church today, as well as vacuum a whole bunch of stuff. Getting ready for the pre-school kids to come in a few weeks.

O0

Written By: Howard on 08/23/09 at 6:44 am

I let some woman use my phone to call her phone to see if she could figure out where she lost it....her mom had it.

I also saved a place in line for two of my friends yesterday. They were in front of the line with me but because of bad hips and knees they couldn't stand anymore so I saved their place for an hour and a half while they sat in the car.  

and I told Karin Dicker about the Imitation of Life Event. She had no idea and would have missed it if not for me....considering she was a supporting actress in a key role in the pic I think its good she was there.  :)

Those are wonderful RAK.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 08/23/09 at 11:05 am

Those are wonderful RAK.  :)

thanks

Written By: Howard on 08/23/09 at 9:54 pm

handing a cart to a customer before they get to the ones in front.

Written By: goodsinwoods on 08/24/09 at 10:54 am

A good friend I have not seen for years phoned last night and offered me a place to live at his new farm in the middle of nowhere once I get out of rehab. Brought a tear to my eye.

Written By: snozberries on 08/24/09 at 11:58 am

^ that's nice and good luck in rehab!

We had a fire drill at work. I offered to let Deby evacuate while I stayed in the building and "burned"

Written By: Howard on 08/24/09 at 5:49 pm

handing a cart to an elderly customer who walks with a cane.  :)

Written By: Frank on 08/24/09 at 5:59 pm

handing a cart to an elderly customer who walks with a cane.  :)

That's very considerate of you!

Written By: Howard on 08/24/09 at 6:22 pm

That's very considerate of you!

I'm most of the customers favorite cartguy. :)

Written By: Frank on 08/24/09 at 6:27 pm

I'm most of the customers favorite cartguy. :)

It's good to me nice.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/09 at 6:56 am

It's good to me nice.

Who in the cart collecting profession wears a shirt and tie outside while collecting wagons?

Written By: goodsin on 08/26/09 at 12:06 pm

Who in the cart collecting profession wears a shirt and tie outside while collecting wagons?

Don't know, but I think it's something to do with the Cartma Suitra...

Written By: Howard on 08/26/09 at 6:00 pm

I still leave a newspaper on the bus for someone to read.

Check for new replies or respond here...