inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs on Repeat.

Written By: Gis on 07/02/09 at 10:17 am

I'm sure I'm not alone in going through phases of hitting repeat and playing one song over and over, I'm worse now it's so easy with an MP3 player.
At the moment I am into Beautiful Girl by Inxs, infact I'm listening to it as I type! ;D

Subject: Re: Songs on Repeat.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/02/09 at 1:45 pm

I'm sure I'm not alone in going through phases of hitting repeat and playing one song over and over, I'm worse now it's so easy with an MP3 player.
At the moment I am into Beautiful Girl by Inxs, infact I'm listening to it as I type! ;D

I really hate to admit this, but I am totally into Love Games by Lady Gaga.  And yeah...I keep hitting repeat on it.  And I'm listening to it right now.

Written By: Howard on 07/02/09 at 2:59 pm

What about songs on repeat on the radio?

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/02/09 at 9:38 pm

"I'm Impressed" by They Might Be Giants.  I've been listening to it for 2 days!  I don't know what systems you ladies are using, but if it's itunes you can set it up to repeat 1 and you'll never even have to press the darn button!

Written By: whistledog on 07/02/09 at 9:51 pm

Every Word by Ercola featuring Daniella.  I crank this in my car and at home almost every day!

Written By: nally on 07/02/09 at 11:20 pm

What about songs on repeat on the radio?

Happens all the time. Sometimes a certain station will play the same 20 songs a day, or the same song 20 times a day. ::) If I had my own station, I wouldn't do that!

Written By: Howard on 07/03/09 at 6:54 am

Happens all the time. Sometimes a certain station will play the same 20 songs a day, or the same song 20 times a day. ::) If I had my own station, I wouldn't do that!

Right,after MJ passed away they repeated the same songs for his memory but was for a reason.

Written By: nally on 07/04/09 at 1:21 pm

Right,after MJ passed away they repeated the same songs for his memory but was for a reason.

Right. To honor a deceased musician. That's one thing. But it is another for a station to simply play the same handful of songs over and over just cuz they feel like it.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/09 at 7:26 pm

Right. To honor a deceased musician. That's one thing. But it is another for a station to simply play the same handful of songs over and over just cuz they feel like it.

Like a Jack FM,playing what they want and when they want.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/04/09 at 8:57 pm

I don't usually listen to songs over and over but the last three days it's been Dimplicity...Triumvirat.
Simply because of this lyric in the middle of the song, Though I don't drink anymore it is still a favorite.

Walking out in the night
on a dark and empty street
got no hope
want to drink
'til I can't stand on my feet

Hello!! I'd like a Double Dimple!
good and strong
running down my throat!
let's drink, everything's simple
spend my money
even sell my coat

There I sit in the corner
and watch my empty glass
All my hangups are gone
and I'm feeling fine at last

Written By: Midas on 07/06/09 at 12:09 pm

I don't have an iPod yet but there are some songs I can listen to over and over:

"Your Woman" - White Town
"Blue Monday" - New Order
"Reap The Wild Wind" - Ultravox
"Cars" - Gary Numan
"Images Of Heaven" - Peter Godwin
"The Different Story (World Of Lust And Crime)" - Peter Schilling

To name a few :)

Written By: Michael C. on 07/06/09 at 12:17 pm

Some at the same time !!
Going to work I can guarantee You a Rob Thomas Song , Aerosmith and a REO Speedwagon song {and still I persist in listening....Why.?..the timing of the morning news & traffic updates}

Written By: nally on 07/06/09 at 3:27 pm

Like a Jack FM,playing what they want and when they want.

What I like about the Jack FM station in Los Angeles (93.1, KCBS), is that they have a wide variety of stuff to play, from the 60s all the way through the 2000s.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 4:20 pm

What I like about the Jack FM station in Los Angeles (93.1, KCBS), is that they have a wide variety of stuff to play, from the 60s all the way through the 2000s.

Sometimes they repeat too.

Written By: nally on 07/06/09 at 4:20 pm

Sometimes they repeat too.

That's true, sometimes they play the same song(s) more than others, but they still have a wide variety of stuff overall.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 4:22 pm

That's true, sometimes they play the same song(s) more than others, but they still have a wide variety of stuff overall.

They don't play as many oldies as they do.

Written By: nally on 07/06/09 at 4:37 pm

They don't play as many oldies as they do.

Yeah, they seem to focus on more recent stuff, such as 80s.

But they do maintain some of the classic rock, such as the Doors, Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Billy Joel, and Electric Light Orchestra.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 4:41 pm

Yeah, they seem to focus on more recent stuff, such as 80s.

But they do maintain some of the classic rock, such as the Doors, Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Billy Joel, and Electric Light Orchestra.

a couple years ago my oldies station was taken off the air because JackFM took over then CBS won back the rights 3 years ago.

Written By: nally on 07/06/09 at 4:43 pm

a couple years ago my oldies station was taken off the air because JackFM took over then CBS won back the rights 3 years ago.

The JackFM station in my area used to be a classic rock station. It has been owned by CBS for ages now.

Written By: Howard on 07/06/09 at 5:23 pm

The JackFM station in my area used to be a classic rock station. It has been owned by CBS for ages now.

4 years ago.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/06/09 at 7:53 pm

The Jack FM station here does that sometimes also.  A lot of times, though, they will play songs I haven't heard on the radio in 10-20 years!  :o  :)

Written By: nally on 07/06/09 at 10:34 pm

4 years ago.

Yes, it was in 2005 that JackFM came into existence. But like I said, the one in L.A. (93.1) retained its call sign, KCBS-FM, after the abrupt format change. Prior to its days as a classic rock station, it was a classic oldies station, and had a different call sign, but it was still owned by CBS.

Written By: nally on 07/06/09 at 10:35 pm

The Jack FM station here does that sometimes also.  A lot of times, though, they will play songs I haven't heard on the radio in 10-20 years!   :o  :)

Which I think is great! :) 8) I like to hear songs that bring back memories, even if it's been ages since I last heard them.

Written By: mooster on 07/07/09 at 4:46 am

At the moment it's "Who Loves You" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/07/09 at 6:46 am

CBS was angry by the way JACKFM had it's motto "playing what WE want",not giving a crap what others want.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...