inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How did you find these boards?

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 9:30 am

This topic may have been discussed before but so what I'm starting a new one..... cuz I'm a rebel.  8)

as I told karen and BFF... I found the boards because I did a google search when I was trying to learn name of movie. One of the first sites to come up was this one.
I poked around a bit and saw some interesting topics, made a few more posts then I found the arcade.

I played in the arcade for a few months.... stealing as many high scores as I could (now that nsr has done the same to me I must apologize to everyone  ;D )
An odd thing happened. I started reading all the comments on the scoreboards and I noticed that a lot of people were calling each other by their real names and I thought how in the world do they all know each other... I need to explore more.

so I dived back into the threads... one of the first threads I found was can I have money for an ipod. You guys had me laughing so hard (and so loud) I had officers staring at me, checking to see if I was okay....  ;D

I thought, I like this group they are a funny people and I have been hanging out with you all ever since......

so I repeat... what brought you here?

Subject: Re: How did you find these boards?

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/09 at 10:10 am

I actually found these boards through word of mouth from someone who doesn't like me.  She was a member of a messageboard that I'd been banned from who sided with the moderator who had me banned.

Long after I'd been banned, I went back one day just to see what was going on, and I saw a post from her linking to this place.  My first ever post here was as a guest in response to a thread about Network TV Logos.  I was hesitant about joining because both she and him were members here.  I caved in though and the next day I became a registered member

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 10:24 am

I actually found these boards through word of mouth from someone who doesn't like me.  She was a member of a messageboard that I'd been banned from who sided with the moderator who had me banned.

Long after I'd been banned, I went back one day just to see what was going on, and I saw a post from her linking to this place.  My first ever post here was as a guest in response to a thread about Network TV Logos.  I was hesitant about joining because both she and him were members here.  I caved in though and the next day I became a registered member

are they still around? if not....

YOU WIN!!!!  ;)  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/09 at 10:29 am

are they still around? if not....

YOU WIN!!!!  ;)  ;D

Unfortunately it's a battle I didn't win even though they aren't around anymore

Written By: Bobby on 07/11/09 at 10:43 am

A Pyrrhic victory? A shame Jason . . . At least they aren't around to bother you again.

I found these boards looking for an 80s song to match the video of two people vandalising a house and destroying furniture. This site was the only one that could tell me it was the song 'Lose your love' by Blancmange. If I watched Flight of the Navigator I would have found that out years earlier and missed my chance to be on one of the best forums available to the net. :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/09 at 10:52 am

I did a search on the term "In the 80's" and found this place.  Now I'm trapped.  Oh well I could think of much, much worse places. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 10:55 am

well we won and that's better!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 11:00 am

A Pyrrhic victory? A shame Jason . . . At least they aren't around to bother you again.

I found these boards looking for an 80s song to match the video of two people vandalising a house and destroying furniture. This site was the only one that could tell me it was the song 'Lose your love' by Blancmange. If I watched Flight of the Navigator I would have found that out years earlier and missed my chance to be on one of the best forums available to the net. :)

See I would have guessed R.E.M - It's the End of the World As We Know It ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 11:01 am

I did a search on the term "In the 80's" and found this place.  Now I'm trapped.  Oh well I could think of much, much worse places. :)

Lucky for us you didn't!  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/11/09 at 11:03 am

Lucky for us you didn't!  :)

Yes, I've pretty much been stuck to this chair for the past four years. :)  I worry about missing stuff like senseless drama and birthdays.

Written By: Jessica on 07/11/09 at 11:38 am

It was right after we got our first PC in 1999.  I was exploring the internet (very slowly, mind you), and I decided to look up an old movie to see if anyone else loved it as well.  I discovered the old, old, OLD format of this board via the inthe80s website and posted about the movie.  I think one of the first people to respond to me was Dagwood.  It was pretty cool, but I forgot about it along the way and didn't come back until November of 2001.  Then I sort of stuck around.....:D

Written By: Frank on 07/11/09 at 11:41 am

I think it was through some 70's quizzes, but not 100% sure.

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 11:56 am

Yes, I've pretty much been stuck to this chair for the past four years. :)  I worry about missing stuff like senseless drama and birthdays.

you too... seems all the best drama goes down when I "take a day off from the boards" Now that I have my iphone I don't always have to post but I don't miss anything either!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 11:57 am

It was right after we got our first PC in 1999.  I was exploring the internet (very slowly, mind you), and I decided to look up an old movie to see if anyone else loved it as well.  I discovered the old, old, OLD format of this board via the inthe80s website and posted about the movie.  I think one of the first people to respond to me was Dagwood.  It was pretty cool, but I forgot about it along the way and didn't come back until November of 2001.  Then I sort of stuck around.....:D

what movie?

and look at what else you picked up around these boards  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 11:58 am

I think it was through some 70's quizzes, but not 100% sure.

hmmmm people have been here for years know in great detail... you have been here for a few months and can't remember... I'd say its a Canadian thing but Jason has already posted so I will blame the moss growing your cave....perhaps its affected your frontal lobe.  You do know what city you live in tho right!  ;)

:D

Written By: loki 13 on 07/11/09 at 1:28 pm

I started reading all the comments on the scoreboards and I noticed that a lot of people were calling each other by their real names and I thought how in the world do they all know each other... I need to explore more.

Pretty much the same reason I joined. I used to be on the Howard Stern Bulletin Board, I really liked the way members could interact
with each other. The language was much coarser but the banter was there.

I went to askjeeves.com to find a book called " 'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy And Other Misheard Lyrics." The search led me to amiright.com,
while I was scrolling through the homepage I noticed the messageboard. I clicked on it just to see what it was like and read some post and liked
the banter between Beth and Erin, also the fact that most members were referring to each other by name. After about 10 minutes of reading
and Beth's wry sense of humor I just had to join. Oh, and Tam's avatar with the dancing girl helped too, for some reason it just hypnotized me.

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 1:41 pm

Pretty much the same reason I joined. I used to be on the Howard Stern Bulletin Board, I really liked the way members could interact
with each other. The language was much coarser but the banter was there.

I went to askjeeves.com to find a book called " 'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy And Other Misheard Lyrics." The search led me to amiright.com,
while I was scrolling through the homepage I noticed the messageboard. I clicked on it just to see what it was like and read some post and liked
the banter between Beth and Erin, also the fact that most members were referring to each other by name. After about 10 minutes of reading
and Beth's wry sense of humor I just had to join. Oh, and Tam's avatar with the dancing girl helped too, for some reason it just hypnotized me.

how long did it take you to realize that they're sisters? Took me about a year  ;D
I almost (almost) went off on Beth for attacking my friend  but decided to finish reading the thread first .... good thing- about two pages later I learned they were sisters  ;D    Sister trumps "friend" eveytime!

Written By: loki 13 on 07/11/09 at 1:51 pm

how long did it take you to realize that they're sisters? Took me about a year  ;D
I almost (almost) went off on Beth for attacking my friend  but decided to finish reading the thread first .... good thing- about two pages later I learned they were sisters  ;D    Sister trumps "friend" eveytime!

I think it was a couple of months, Erin was discussing her family and mentioned the relation.

Written By: Frank on 07/11/09 at 4:38 pm

hmmmm people have been here for years know in great detail... you have been here for a few months and can't remember... I'd say its a Canadian thing but Jason has already posted so I will blame the moss growing your cave....perhaps its affected your frontal lobe.  You do know what city you live in tho right!  ;)
:D

Do I know you?

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 4:57 pm

Do I know you?

:P

Written By: Frank on 07/11/09 at 5:00 pm

:P

Honestly, I can't remember how I found the boards. I really think it was through the quizzes.

....perhaps its affected your frontal lobe. 

A bottle in front of me is better than a frontal lobotomy. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/11/09 at 5:31 pm

Like many people, I came looking for the name of a song (With You I'm Born Again by Billy Preston & Syreeta). I didn't realized that I could have posted as a guest so I joined just to ask my question.

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/misheard/1037117532.shtml

At the time, I was going to a soap message board but it just got so boring. I mean, how much can you really talk about soaps. I noticed this place talked a lot about other things-the subjects were so vast that boredom has never sunk in. I also noticed there were some threads about politics (this was before the Politic/Religion section was created and all those threads were in the 2000s section). I kept reading some of the threads to Carlos and told him that he would be interested in this, or that. Then I convinced him to join. At first we didn't tell anyone that we were together even though people knew that I was living with another board member-just not whom. It wasn't until I announced our engagement that a few people who I told let it slip who he was. And the rest they say, is history.

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/membersonly/1052096325.shtml

(BTW, the reason the thread was called "Another Announcement" was because a few days-to a week earlier, another couple announced their engagement.)

This place is either like the Hotel California-you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave, or it is like a roach motel-roaches check in but they don't check out.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat 

Written By: Step-chan on 07/11/09 at 5:45 pm

I found these boards through Amiright. I was looking for a song parody that a co-worker told me about.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:44 pm

I found this board through a link and I've been here for the past 8 years. :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:47 pm

I found this board through a link and I've been here for the past 8 years. :)

but where did you find the link?

was it on another message board?
did you google(wait howard never googles)  :D

edited  to add something I found in another thread

Sorry I googled it.

I stand corrected  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:49 pm

but where did you find the link?

was it on another message board?
did you google(wait howard never googles)  :D

edited  to add something I found in another thread

I stand corrected  :-\\

I was trying to find a new board to post in and I stumbled on to this one.

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:55 pm

I was trying to find a new board to post in and I stumbled on to this one.

what was the old board you posted in before you posted here.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:56 pm

what was the old board you posted in before you posted here.

A music board I think.  ???

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 6:57 pm

A music board I think.  ???

cool thx

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 6:59 pm

and this November will be 8 years on here.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/09 at 7:00 pm

and this November will be 8 years on here.  :)

congratulations!

Written By: Howard on 07/11/09 at 7:01 pm

congratulations!

I'm suprised I made it to 8 years on here. :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/11/09 at 7:39 pm

One of my real life friends and I used to write song parodies while we were at work and send them back and forth to each other.  She discovered AmIRight, and introduced me to it.  We both discovered the Message Board from there.  I started posting just in the Parody section, but then slowly branched out into other sections.  I totally remember when Rice and Jess announced their engagement.  I had seen Rice Cube's parodies, and loved his screen name, so I congratulated them.  It was my first contact with them as a couple.  The rest is history.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/11/09 at 7:59 pm

In 2003 I was looking for the title and artist of a song ("All Touch" by Rough Trade) and was answered in a flash by absolutelyvile (was she banned?)  I thought it was so cool to have gotten the info right away and stuck around to see what else the site had to offer.

Written By: gibbo on 07/11/09 at 8:33 pm

I really don't remember exactly how I found this place!  I think I was having an attack of nostalgia and was just checking out 70' memorabilia etc. I found myself in the 1970's section and noticed several more sections. I didn't even know what a message board was...

I went exploring in the archives and noted some interesting conversations ... that went off topic regularly . I think I was following a conversation between Catwoman and another member (who I can't remember...might have been Zella??). I then explored some more and decided to join. I posted sparingly at first and Badfinger-fan assisted me with what karma was etc. After that I found the PBG and started to learn the ropes with quick posting against the likes of Mr Eno and Mr Mister.

Played in the Arcade for a while. That's wher I go if I feel like deleting my account...It took a while before I was comfortable with conversing with people...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/11/09 at 9:11 pm

I searched for something 80s music (I forget now who I was looking for) and this board was one of the results in the search results.  I think I posted a few times, then forgot about it when I moved in with my boyfriend (now hubby) and I didn't have internet access for awhile.

Then we got online again, and Whistle was talking about this board on another message board we belonged to (which has ceased existance now) and I followed him over here.

Written By: whistledog on 07/11/09 at 9:46 pm

We're all surprised :P :P :P :P :P :P

;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 12:26 pm

so are the rest of us Howard  ;)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 12:26 pm

We're all surprised :P :P :P :P :P :P

;)

damn I neglected to read all the replies again!  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 12:27 pm

One of my real life friends and I used to write song parodies while we were at work and send them back and forth to each other.  She discovered AmIRight, and introduced me to it.  We both discovered the Message Board from there.  I started posting just in the Parody section, but then slowly branched out into other sections.  I totally remember when Rice and Jess announced their engagement.  I had seen Rice Cube's parodies, and loved his screen name, so I congratulated them.  It was my first contact with them as a couple.  The rest is history.

and is that real life friend still around?

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 12:29 pm

I really don't remember exactly how I found this place!  I think I was having an attack of nostalgia and was just checking out 70' memorabilia etc. I found myself in the 1970's section and noticed several more sections. I didn't even know what a message board was...

I went exploring in the archives and noted some interesting conversations ... that went off topic regularly . I think I was following a conversation between Catwoman and another member (who I can't remember...might have been Zella??). I then explored some more and decided to join. I posted sparingly at first and Badfinger-fan assisted me with what karma was etc. After that I found the PBG and started to learn the ropes with quick posting against the likes of Mr Eno and Mr Mister.

Played in the Arcade for a while. That's wher I go if I feel like deleting my account...It took a while before I was comfortable with conversing with people...

we used to have a lot of fun in the PBG..... back when you were a n00b and not all rude and stuff  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/09 at 2:31 pm

In 2003 I was looking for the title and artist of a song ("All Touch" by Rough Trade) and was answered in a flash by absolutelyvile (was she banned?)  I thought it was so cool to have gotten the info right away and stuck around to see what else the site had to offer.

Absolutely Vile wasn't banned, she left on her own because of a fall out she had with another member (I can't remember who or what it was about). I kept in touch with her for a while after that but then we kind of drifted away.

I really don't remember exactly how I found this place!  I think I was having an attack of nostalgia and was just checking out 70' memorabilia etc. I found myself in the 1970's section and noticed several more sections. I didn't even know what a message board was...

So, it was all my fault influence.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D 

Anyway, I am glad you stayed.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 2:35 pm

Absolutely Vile wasn't banned, she left on her own because of a fall out she had with another member (I can't remember who or what it was about). I kept in touch with her for a while after that but then we kind of drifted away.

So, it was all my fault influence.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D 

Anyway, I am glad you stayed.

Cat

yeah... I blame you!  :P

Written By: whistledog on 07/12/09 at 5:07 pm

I used to be a member of the board she started after leaving inthe00s.  She vowed she'd never come back here, but one day did briefly to promote her board.  She self deleted like 2 days after she joined.

Written By: anabel on 07/12/09 at 5:15 pm

I think it was a debate with someone about a song from the 70's and I started searching and ended up here, and like others have said, I just never left.  Everyone here is SO great-and if you think about it, this board makes us ALL have something in common, that's why we all have so much fun together!

I'm REALLY glad I found this board. I know for a fact that I've met some great people HERE, that I would have not otherwise met.  :)

Written By: Tam on 07/12/09 at 5:18 pm

I was on a mad search for the name brand of jeans I had when I was in high school. I posted asking for help - then took a look at the rest of the site, then joined.

Here is my original post!
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=6020.0

Written By: Tam on 07/12/09 at 5:21 pm

Oh, and Tam's avatar with the dancing girl helped too, for some reason it just hypnotized me.

And there she is Kevin!
I thought I was able to use the clearer one but apparently not.

Written By: Jessica on 07/12/09 at 5:29 pm

what movie?

and look at what else you picked up around these boards  ;)

"Savannah Smiles"

Yup.  I picked up a bag of Rice along the way.... ;)

And now we've been together for almost six years. :o

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 5:40 pm

I think it was a debate with someone about a song from the 70's and I started searching and ended up here, and like others have said, I just never left.  Everyone here is SO great-and if you think about it, this board makes us ALL have something in common, that's why we all have so much fun together!

I'm REALLY glad I found this board. I know for a fact that I've met some great people HERE, that I would have not otherwise met.  :)

we're glad you stuck around too!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 5:52 pm

I was on a mad search for the name brand of jeans I had when I was in high school. I posted asking for help - then took a look at the rest of the site, then joined.

Here is my original post!
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=6020.0

no one ever responded but you stayed anyway....that's so cool...

I found this site... http://www.rustyzipper.com/featured.cfm  a vintage clothier there is an email on the site maybe someone there knows the pants.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/09 at 5:53 pm

"Savannah Smiles"

Yup.  I picked up a bag of Rice along the way.... ;)

And now we've been together for almost six years. :o

congratulations!  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/12/09 at 6:26 pm

Oh thanks.  I had wondered what happened to her.  Tara was her name, right?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/09 at 6:28 pm

Oh thanks.  I had wondered what happened to her.  Tara was her name, right?

Yup-Tara from Canada.

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 07/12/09 at 6:38 pm

And there she is Kevin!
I thought I was able to use the clearer one but apparently not.

Yep, back to staring at the screen for hours on end, like I don't do enough of that already.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 07/13/09 at 12:12 pm

I found inthe80s.com in 1999 I think; I answered one of the "what is this song" questions someone posted.

Written By: Howard on 07/13/09 at 4:44 pm

I found inthe80s.com in 1999 I think; I answered one of the "what is this song" questions someone posted.

So all in all,you've been here 10 years?

Written By: Midas on 07/13/09 at 4:56 pm

So all in all,you've been here 10 years?

On and off, yes.

Written By: Howard on 07/13/09 at 5:14 pm

On and off, yes.

Midas,The Legend.

Written By: gibbo on 07/13/09 at 7:44 pm

we used to have a lot of fun in the PBG..... back when you were a n00b and not all rude and stuff  :P

Hey...that's not fair!  I prefer to think of myself as merely sarcastic! ....with maybe a little rude on the side... ::)

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 8:13 pm

On and off, yes.

how many times have you deleted and releeted?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 8:14 pm

Hey...that's not fair!  I prefer to think of myself as merely sarcastic! ....with maybe a little rude on the side... ::)

just a touch!  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 07/13/09 at 8:17 pm

I think Rice Cube is the champion of that :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/13/09 at 8:27 pm

totally

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 7:04 am

Champion of what?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/09 at 8:39 am

I was thinking of starting a thread asking people how many times they rejoined.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Midas on 07/14/09 at 11:50 am

I'm thinking 3 or 4 times.  In the first incarnation of YaBB I had around 7200 posts before deleting.  Came back a year later for a bit.  Probably deleted 2 more times after that.

I don't think anyone really noticed until the last time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/09 at 12:05 pm

I'm thinking 3 or 4 times.  In the first incarnation of YaBB I had around 7200 posts before deleting.  Came back a year later for a bit.  Probably deleted 2 more times after that.

I don't think anyone really noticed until the last time.

I remember when you deleted the first time.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 2:48 pm

I was thinking of starting a thread asking people how many times they rejoined.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

That's a funny idea.

Written By: Gis on 07/14/09 at 3:44 pm

Someone at work printed out a lyric quiz from the site and we were all trying to answer it. I noted the web address on the quiz and checked out the site. I hung around as a guest for ages then I finally gave in and joined!

Written By: mooster on 07/15/09 at 2:53 am

I heard about amiright on the radio so I decided to track down some James Reyne misheard lyrics - I wasn't disappointed  :D

Saw the messageboard link after a couple of weeks and registered after seeing the quiz section - 1st Feb, 2003.

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/09 at 11:13 pm

I heard about amiright on the radio so I decided to track down some James Reyne misheard lyrics - I wasn't disappointed  :D

Saw the messageboard link after a couple of weeks and registered after seeing the quiz section - 1st Feb, 2003.

on the radio??? that's really cool!

Written By: Brian06 on 07/20/09 at 12:37 am

I found it back in early 2004 searching about something from my childhood, I remember the end of the "old board" though I was just a lurker/guest at that time there's a few posts by me from back then, eventually I created an account originally in July of 2004, became pretty regular in 2005, deleted my original account in 2006 and made another right away (I was upset about something and thought about leaving) but came back and made another account a couple days later and here we are 3 years after that. Time flies.  :o

Written By: mooster on 07/21/09 at 4:04 am

on the radio??? that's really cool!

Yeah - just one of the local oldies stations ! I've also seen it mentioned on a music show here too  8)

Written By: nally on 12/05/19 at 11:41 am

I found this site in 2003 through Amiright, which I in turn stumbled across in April of 2000 when google-searching song lyrics.

When I found Amiright, I was intrigued by all the misheard song lyrics that were on there. :D And I became a regular visitor to that site for the next several months/years. It was in early 2003 when I decided to check out the Messageboard -- the old version -- and start posting as a guest.

Written By: annimal on 12/05/19 at 2:13 pm

I cant remember, some site was a member

Written By: Howard on 12/05/19 at 3:55 pm

I must've found this site through a google search 20 years ago but wasn't sure a messageboard was at that time.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/09/20 at 10:58 pm

Like some others I found it as in the 80s.  It kinda threw me when I saw it later as in the 00s.  I joined in the early 2000s looking to ID some songs and movies from my childhood.  The board figured most of them out which I am thankful for.  I may have stopped back in a time or two over the years but most of this span I haven't been.  This past year is the most time I've spent here consistently, I started with almost 4 days now I've got almost 5 days.

Check for new replies or respond here...