inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bad news thread.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/09 at 1:13 pm

I figure that this would be a great, to post any bad news, for example..... loved ones who are in the hospital or sick, break ups, divorces, you get the idea....

So, what does everyone else think?

Subject: Re: Bad news thread.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/09 at 1:18 pm

I will go first......

First, the good news, our oldest cat, Bubbles, is due anytime now.

Now for the bad news....

We are given until the second or third week, of August, to find an altenate place for Bubbles, to raise, her kittens.

It ge's worse....

We are given a choice, for which cat to keep, Bubbles, the oldest cat, and the one who is pregnant, or Pippi, the youngest cat, that we will be keeping.

We are only allowed to own one pet.

So, it's kind of like Sophie's Choice......... but with cats.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/14/09 at 1:45 pm

Ah that sucks Jamie!  Hope you find a good home for your cat/kittens.  I'd taken them, if my two already weren't driving me up a wall lately.  Even though I'm known as crazy.cat.lady.1987 on Facebook, I guess I'm not *that* crazy.  (not yet anyway) :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/09 at 2:01 pm

I hope that things turn out ok, too.

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 2:35 pm

One of our neighbors down the block must've suffered a heart attack cause yesterday I saw an ambulance and a police car by the house. :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/09 at 3:32 pm

I hope that things, turn out ok.

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 4:11 pm

I hope that things, turn out ok.

Thanks Jamie.

Written By: Frank on 07/14/09 at 4:15 pm

My Wife (is way too young) but has arthritis and or Lupus. That sucks. But she can still function, on most days.
Some days I have to help her get dressed, carry heavy things, squeeze toothpaste out of a tube, open can and bottles, close bottles, open heavy doors and the list goes on.

Written By: Howard on 07/14/09 at 4:19 pm

My Wife (is way too young) but has arthritis and or Lupus. That sucks. But she can still function, on most days.
Some days I have to help her get dressed, carry heavy things, squeeze toothpaste out of a tube, open can and bottles, close bottles, open heavy doors and the list goes on.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/09 at 4:23 pm

Thanks Jamie.

Your welcome.

Written By: wildcard on 07/14/09 at 4:50 pm

I don't want to hear any bad news, now what kind of news is it? 

hugs  always

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/09 at 5:17 pm

My sister had lupus.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Frank on 07/14/09 at 6:06 pm

Cat

Sorry to hear that. As Arthritis and Lupus are closely related, doctor's can't really be 100% sure which one she has, or both. She can still work, but has accumulated some sick days. So when she even feels "90%" good, she cherishes those days.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/09 at 7:04 am

Cat

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Written By: Silver Power on 07/15/09 at 10:58 am

A few weeks back my mom lost her baby during labor, she's felt sick since then. She still goes to work, though.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/15/09 at 2:13 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that Frank.  I'm glad she has such a good husband to help her.  You guys are in my thoughts.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/15/09 at 2:14 pm

A few weeks back my mom lost her baby during labor, she's felt sick since then. She still goes to work, though.

That's so sad Silver Power.  I'm really sorry.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/09 at 3:08 pm

Hope she feels better SP.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/15/09 at 8:01 pm

I hope that she feels better soon, too.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/15/09 at 9:25 pm

A friend of my mom's and the friend's husband were arrested Monday.  The husband allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl and my mom's friend filmed it.  It turns out they'd been taking pictures of their young daughter naked and also another young girl that was a neighbor of ours.  It just makes me sick.  I feel so bad for those kids.  The oldest son is just a freshman in high school and the daughter is between 4 to 6 years younger then him, so it just makes me heartsick for the kids.

Written By: mooster on 07/15/09 at 9:31 pm

A friend of my mom's and the friend's husband were arrested Monday.  The husband allegedly raped a 13-year-old girl and my mom's friend filmed it.  It turns out they'd been taking pictures of their young daughter naked and also another young girl that was a neighbor of ours.  It just makes me sick.  I feel so bad for those kids.  The oldest son is just a freshman in high school and the daughter is between 4 to 6 years younger then him, so it just makes me heartsick for the kids.

Sick  >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/15/09 at 9:59 pm

I feel sick, too.

>:(

Written By: Howard on 07/16/09 at 6:55 am

That's sick too,so much crap happens in this world,What the hell is this world coming to?  >:(

::)

Written By: Dagwood on 07/16/09 at 7:41 am

That's tough.  Sorry to hear.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/16/09 at 7:42 am

Thank God they were caught.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/16/09 at 10:20 am

That's horrible! 

Written By: Howard on 07/16/09 at 6:55 pm

Can we discuss about bad news in the papers? ???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/09 at 7:48 pm

Yes.

Written By: karen on 07/16/09 at 7:54 pm

Sorry to hear that. As Arthritis and Lupus are closely related, doctor's can't really be 100% sure which one she has, or both. She can still work, but has accumulated some sick days. So when she even feels "90%" good, she cherishes those days.

My mum also had lupus.  It took a few years before they decided it was that and not arthritis.

Written By: Frank on 07/16/09 at 8:02 pm

My mum also had lupus.  It took a few years before they decided it was that and not arthritis.

The doc's are still going back and forth with my wife. From reading about both, I have diagnosed her with Lupus. Doc's still giving her meds for Arthritis.  Guess we have to be patient.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/09 at 6:58 am

The Cat Killer Cheyenne Cherry will be sentenced either to 1 year in jail or not having a kitten for 3 years and this is for putting a defense little kitten in the microwave and killing it. >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/18/09 at 9:24 am

The Cat Killer Cheyenne Cherry will be sentenced either to 1 year in jail or not having a kitten for 3 years and this is for putting a defense little kitten in the microwave and killing it. >:(

As a cat owner, I'm angry.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/09 at 6:50 pm

As a cat owner, I'm angry.

She will either get a year in jail or 3 years with not owning a pet.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/23/09 at 1:20 pm

Yesterday, I got a letter from a friend of mine. She is the mother of my high school sweetheart who I have kept in touch with all these years. Unfortunately, she informed me that her son (not my H.S. sweetheart but his brother) passed away.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  The guy was only a year older than I am. When we were in h.s., we (my H.S. sweetheart & I) played matchmaker with him & a friend of ours. She is now his widow.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/23/09 at 4:19 pm

Yesterday, I got a letter from a friend of mine. She is the mother of my high school sweetheart who I have kept in touch with all these years. Unfortunately, she informed me that her son (not my H.S. sweetheart but his brother) passed away.  :\'( :\'( :\'(  The guy was only a year older than I am. When we were in h.s., we (my H.S. sweetheart & I) played matchmaker with him & a friend of ours. She is now his widow.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat
that's sad & I'm sorry for the loss. it sounds like you and your HSSH did a good job of matchmaking since they stayed together

Written By: Howard on 07/23/09 at 6:59 pm

Cat

I'm sorry for your loss Cat.  :(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/13/09 at 7:44 pm

Pretty soon, one of the kittens will be getting a new home.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/09 at 6:56 am

I'm losing my hair.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/18/09 at 6:05 pm

Pippi is now the sole cat around the house.

Written By: Frank on 08/19/09 at 12:31 am

I'm losing my hair.

How much; Like this guy?

http://www.thinkandask.com/images/affleck-hair.gif

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/19/09 at 3:24 am

I saw a chipmunk get hit by a car this evening, although his poor little body wasn't on the road when I drove back that way coming home from the library.  Maybe he survived and was just stunned. 

Written By: Howard on 08/19/09 at 5:47 am

How much; Like this guy?

http://www.thinkandask.com/images/affleck-hair.gif

http://www.menshairstylesonline.com/Hair/Short-Mens-Hairstyles/Horseshoe-Flat-top-hair.jpg

No,more like the horseshoe effect.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/09 at 5:47 am

I saw a chipmunk get hit by a car this evening, although his poor little body wasn't on the road when I drove back that way coming home from the library.  Maybe he survived and was just stunned. 

Did you comfort him at least?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/19/09 at 10:27 am

Did you comfort him at least?

I was going to move his little body off the road if I saw him on the way back (I had already made my turn about a block away, when I had noticed him trying to cross about a block away from me.)  It looks like he was almost gonna make it.  I didn't see any little dead animals when I came back through, so maybe he lived (or didn't actually get hit, but was pushed aside by the aerodynamics of the car...)  :-\\

I'm not really sure what comfort I could have given a chipmunk anyway.   :( :-[  He might have bitten me if I tried to hold his little paw.

Written By: ninny on 08/19/09 at 11:08 am

Cat

Sorry to hear this.

Written By: Frank on 08/19/09 at 11:25 am

Cat

Aww, that is so sad.  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/19/09 at 6:03 pm

I was going to move his little body off the road if I saw him on the way back (I had already made my turn about a block away, when I had noticed him trying to cross about a block away from me.)  It looks like he was almost gonna make it.  I didn't see any little dead animals when I came back through, so maybe he lived (or didn't actually get hit, but was pushed aside by the aerodynamics of the car...)  :-\\

I'm not really sure what comfort I could have given a chipmunk anyway.   :( :-[  He might have bitten me if I tried to hold his little paw.

Sorry to hear that.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...