inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Glasses

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 10:40 pm

I've had reading glasses for 20 years but only really needed to wear them since I have had an office job.

I now have everyday ones too but I'm not really needing to wear them much...if at all...at this point...

Edited to add: I always wear my sunnies  :)

Subject: Re: Glasses

Written By: nally on 08/06/09 at 10:43 pm

The only type I ever wear is sunglasses. Does that count?

Edit: I only wear them to protect my eyes from the sunlight.

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 10:45 pm

I have added that option now  ;)

Written By: nally on 08/06/09 at 10:49 pm

I have added that option now  ;)

Great. Because I don't wear any type of regular eyewear...not even contacts. I've been grateful to have perfect vision for the past 29 years. 8)

My parents both wear glasses (my dad wears 'em all the time, and my mom wears contacts, and also has a pair of reading glasses).

Written By: gibbo on 08/06/09 at 10:49 pm

I started needing glasses to read when I was about 42. But I was in denial and hated carrying them around everywhere with me. BUt one day I realised I could no longer read the labels on clothes or menus at restaurants etc and had to bite the bullet and wear them more often.

I managed to run over my first pair of glasses....my wife was unimpressed as they cost a packet. I lost my second pair and I used over the counter magniying glasses for a couple of years. A few weeks ago I decided the magnifiers were not a good thing and got another pair of prescription glasses. I'm wearing them right now, in fact! 8)

Written By: gibbo on 08/06/09 at 10:50 pm

Great. Because I don't wear any type of regular eyewear...not even contacts. I've been grateful to have perfect vision for the past 29 years. 8)

My parents both wear glasses (my dad wears 'em all the time, and my mom wears contacts, and also has a pair of reading glasses).

Male vision apparently deteriorates around age 42 or so....

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 10:55 pm

I started needing glasses to read when I was about 42. But I was in denial and hated carrying them around everywhere with me. BUt one day I realised I could no longer read the labels on clothes or menus at restaurants etc and had to bite the bullet and wear them more often.

I managed to run over my first pair of glasses....my wife was unimpressed as they cost a packet. I lost my second pair and I used over the counter magniying glasses for a couple of years. A few weeks ago I decided the magnifiers were not a good thing and got another pair of prescription glasses. I'm wearing them right now, in fact! 8)

I've got magnifiers as a spare - but only for emergencies as my left eye is much weaker than my right so I really need my prescription ones  :P

Talking about expensive - I just got rimless/framelss ones and they cost me $500 !!!  :o :o :o

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 10:55 pm

My husband got his at around 42 as well !

Did you vote btw  ???

Written By: nally on 08/06/09 at 10:57 pm

Well, I think my dad (and his brothers) have all been wearing glasses since they were little boys.

I hope my eyes will still be in good condition come 2022

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/06/09 at 10:57 pm

I LOVE my glasses! :)

Written By: Dagwood on 08/06/09 at 10:58 pm

Yup....I have needed them since I was 14.  I wore contacts for a few years but glasses are a better fit for me.  I also have prescription sunglasses.

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 11:00 pm

Well, I think my dad (and his brothers) have all been wearing glasses since they were little boys.

I hope my eyes will still be in good condition come 2022

My brother has been wearing them since before he could walk, my Mum was a teen and Dad was around 50, from memory

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 11:01 pm

I LOVE my glasses! :)

Yours a very nice from what I've seen in your pics  :)

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 11:02 pm

Yup....I have needed them since I was 14.  I wore contacts for a few years but glasses are a better fit for me.  I also have prescription sunglasses.

My everyday ones are transitions but I think I might get some prescription sunglasses at some point..

Written By: gibbo on 08/06/09 at 11:17 pm

My husband got his at around 42 as well !

Did you vote btw  ???

What do you mean ..."did I vote"?  :-\\

Written By: mooster on 08/06/09 at 11:27 pm

What do you mean ..."did I vote"?  :-\\

At the time of posting there was mine and I presumed nally's vote (sungalsses) - hence my question.

No biggie  :)

Written By: gibbo on 08/06/09 at 11:48 pm

At the time of posting there was mine and I presumed nally's vote (sungalsses) - hence my question.

No biggie  :)

Oh...I see!  :-[ ;D

Written By: Tam on 08/07/09 at 12:25 am

I wear glasses.
I don't need them 24/7 - just when reading or sitting at the computer. Of course, even then it is still a fight for me to wear them. ::)
I can't wear contacts because my allergies are so ridiculous! 8-P

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/07/09 at 12:53 am

Nope.  I don't need them at all.  I was prescribed a pair about 8 years ago by some eye doctor for a supposed astigmatism, but never wore them because they made me sick.  I had kept them all this time however, because they were so expensive I didn't want to just throw them out.  At my last eye appointment my new eye doctor wanted me to bring in said eyeglasses and was perplexed as to why the other dude would have even prescribed glasses, as I don't have an astigmatism and my vision is perfect  :o.

Written By: Frank on 08/07/09 at 1:01 am

I have never worn glasses, and I'm over 42. Actually my left eye still has better than 20/20 vision. I am fortunate.

Written By: mooster on 08/07/09 at 4:26 am

I wear glasses.
I don't need them 24/7 - just when reading or sitting at the computer. Of course, even then it is still a fight for me to wear them. ::)
I can't wear contacts because my allergies are so ridiculous! 8-P

I would like to try contacts down the track...but as I have allergies as well...I may not be able to  :P

Nope.  I don't need them at all.  I was prescribed a pair about 8 years ago by some eye doctor for a supposed astigmatism, but never wore them because they made me sick.  I had kept them all this time however, because they were so expensive I didn't want to just throw them out.  At my last eye appointment my new eye doctor wanted me to bring in said eyeglasses and was perplexed as to why the other dude would have even prescribed glasses, as I don't have an astigmatism and my vision is perfect  :o.

I have an astigmatism - in both eyes now  ::)

When I got my eyes checked a week ago they were pretty thorough - checking my macular, any signs of glaucoma, diabetes and sun damage. Fortunately, there were no signs of anything untoward I'm happy to report!  8)

Actually my left eye still has better than 20/20 vision. I am fortunate.

Is that possible?  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/07/09 at 6:53 am

I have perfect vision 20/20 but don't know why I squint at small words sometimes. ???

Written By: mooster on 08/07/09 at 7:21 am

I have perfect vision 20/20 but don't know why I squint at small words sometimes. ???

Perhaps you need to get them checked again  ???

Written By: Womble on 08/07/09 at 7:56 am

I wear glasses only for reading.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/07/09 at 8:08 am

My everyday ones are transitions but I think I might get some prescription sunglasses at some point..

I wanted transitions but they wanted an extra $100 for a pair of them.  My sunglasses only cost an extra $15 for the coating.  It was an easy decision. :D

Written By: Howard on 08/07/09 at 8:32 am

Perhaps you need to get them checked again  ???

At one time I was 20/25 I just couldn't read a letter from the Eye Chart.

Written By: karen on 08/07/09 at 9:36 am

I wear contact lenses.

I first needed glasses when I was about 16 to correct an eye muscle problem.  That cured the headaches and after a couple of years I didn't need to wear them.  Then in my early twenties I needed to wear glasses to be legal for driving.  Dai always wore contact lenses so I decided to try them out.  I liked wearing them but had problems putting them in and taking them out.  I found them uncomfortable when I was pregnant and stopped wearing them for a few years.

I hated wearing glasses (mainly because the frame got twisted slightly and they rubbed my nose sore).  Eventually I tried soft lenses and found them so easy to use.  I've been using them for four or five years now

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/09 at 11:20 am

Yup.

-I wear one pair for reading/at the computer which I spend most of my time so those are the glasses I am usually wearing (which I am wearing right now). I can read without them but the glasses clarifies things for me.

-I have another pair for seeing distance which I wear when I am watching t.v. Sometimes I don't wear them when we are watching something in bed because I have seen it several times already. I also wear these when we are on the road at night and I need to navigate (don't have to worry about wearing them while I am driving because I'm sure everyone here knows that my driving days are over). I can see the road signs better with them.

-Sunglasses. I wear these just about every time I walk out the door. I have very light-sensitive eyes. Overcast days are the worse. There is such a glare and I get a wicked headache. As soon as I put the sunglasses on, the headache goes away. It is really rough when it is very dark because it is even darker with the sunglasses so I have to figure out what I want more-to see or not have a headache.  :-\\  These are NOT prescription.

Carlos & I have been talking about making an appointment to renew our prescriptions. The last place we went to, I don't want to go again because each time I went there, I was NOT impressed. He called another place back in Dec. They said they didn't have an opening until March. We didn't want to wait that long. If we did, we would have had our appointment already but as it is, we STILL haven't set anything up. lol.

Cat

Written By: Midas on 08/07/09 at 2:14 pm

I don't wear them.  I should probably get my eyes checked though.

That being said, the right pair of glasses on a woman is hot O0  8)

Written By: Howard on 08/07/09 at 3:28 pm

I don't wear glasses but I do wear sunglasses to keep my eyes away from the sun,plus it makes me look cool. ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/07/09 at 3:34 pm

Yep!

I am near-sighted and have been wearing glasses since age 24...

Both of my parents have been wearing glasses since they were youngsters...and so has my eldest brother!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 4:12 pm

Yes, to glasses, I cannot stand the idea of poking your fingers around your eyes to put contacts in.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/07/09 at 4:16 pm

I don't wear glasses but I do wear sunglasses to keep my eyes away from the sun,plus it makes me look cool. ;)

I thought the shades were to extenuate your coolness? ???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/07/09 at 4:17 pm

I have glasses.  I was told I have to wear them all the time. 

Written By: karen on 08/07/09 at 4:22 pm

Yes, to glasses, I cannot stand the idea of poking your fingers around your eyes to put contacts in.

I actually find it easy to do unless a lens sticks a bit.  Then I start overthinking the whole thing.

More squirm making - Elizabeth has a friend who wears contacts to do sport and her parents put them in for her!

Written By: Howard on 08/07/09 at 4:24 pm

I thought the shades were to extenuate your coolness? ???

Yeah also to keep my eyes from burning.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/07/09 at 4:27 pm

I actually find it easy to do unless a lens sticks a bit.  Then I start overthinking the whole thing.

I used to wear contacts until they began 'clouding' on me ('dailies' as well as 'disposables)...

...then it got so irritating that I gave them up!

More squirm making - Elizabeth has a friend who wears contacts to do sport and her parents put them in for her!

My 13-year-old daughter has asked if she can get contact lenses so that she doesn't have to keep wearing glasses...

The thing is, she's so irresponsible that she'll end up dropping them on the floor and then that'll be money down the drain for me and hubby!

So...I think she can wait on contacts!  

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/07/09 at 4:29 pm

I only need glasses for reading & computer. from about 5ft. & beyond my vision is 20/20, but blurry up close. that started when i was 43-44 years old. I remember the event vividly. I was trying to read a menu at a mexican restaurant and noticed some difficulty  :( so I borrowed my friends glasses and then it got really clear so I then realized I needed my own pair. I wear Oakley sunglasses for outdoors.
about 15 years ago I had a supervisor who wore contacts and she would put them in her mouth to use her saliva to moisten them and then put them on her eys  8-P 

Written By: Midas on 08/07/09 at 5:21 pm

Yeah also to keep my eyes from burning.

Eyes on fire are hot.  Literally. :D

I wear sunglasses 95% of the time when I'm outside.  The sun's too bright.
I picked up 4 pair of Kenneth Cole shades for $20 total a few months ago.  I'm set.  8)

Written By: Frank on 08/07/09 at 5:57 pm

IIs that possible?  :-\\

Yes, because what I see at 20 feet, a normal person can only see from 18 feet, Hence I have better than 20/20. Some Pilots see thing at 20 feet that others see at 15 feet, that's really good vision.

Written By: karen on 08/07/09 at 6:46 pm

My 13-year-old daughter has asked if she can get contact lenses so that she doesn't have to keep wearing glasses...

The thing is, she's so irresponsible that she'll end up dropping them on the floor and then that'll be money down the drain for me and hubby!

So...I think she can wait on contacts!  

Elizabeth's friend is only 11!

I think you need to be about 16 before you can handle wearing lenses.  I did know one 14 year old who had them but she was very sensible/responsible.

about 15 years ago I had a supervisor who wore contacts and she would put them in her mouth to use her saliva to moisten them and then put them on her eys  8-P 

A colleague of my dad's did that too.  He was always complaining about getting eye infections  ::)

Written By: statsqueen on 08/07/09 at 6:47 pm

I have been wearing glasses since I was 3 or 4 (Micah, too).  I almost got Lasik back in 2006, but they backed out at the last possible minute (you wouldn't think a "happy pill" could wear off that quickly).  I'm going to try again, but don't have much hope as I am noticing a difference when I try to look at things close up (which was never a problem before).

Written By: mooster on 08/07/09 at 9:41 pm

I wanted transitions but they wanted an extra $100 for a pair of them.  My sunglasses only cost an extra $15 for the coating.  It was an easy decision. :D

They must've seen me coming then - I was never offered that option ! ::)  :P

Written By: mooster on 08/07/09 at 9:49 pm

I wear contact lenses.

I first needed glasses when I was about 16 to correct an eye muscle problem.  That cured the headaches and after a couple of years I didn't need to wear them.  Then in my early twenties I needed to wear glasses to be legal for driving.  Dai always wore contact lenses so I decided to try them out.  I liked wearing them but had problems putting them in and taking them out.  I found them uncomfortable when I was pregnant and stopped wearing them for a few years.

I hated wearing glasses (mainly because the frame got twisted slightly and they rubbed my nose sore).  Eventually I tried soft lenses and found them so easy to use.  I've been using them for four or five years now

Evidently I don't need them for driving ! If only I drove  ;D

Yup.

-I wear one pair for reading/at the computer which I spend most of my time so those are the glasses I am usually wearing (which I am wearing right now). I can read without them but the glasses clarifies things for me.

-I have another pair for seeing distance which I wear when I am watching t.v. Sometimes I don't wear them when we are watching something in bed because I have seen it several times already. I also wear these when we are on the road at night and I need to navigate (don't have to worry about wearing them while I am driving because I'm sure everyone here knows that my driving days are over). I can see the road signs better with them.

-Sunglasses. I wear these just about every time I walk out the door. I have very light-sensitive eyes. Overcast days are the worse. There is such a glare and I get a wicked headache. As soon as I put the sunglasses on, the headache goes away. It is really rough when it is very dark because it is even darker with the sunglasses so I have to figure out what I want more-to see or not have a headache.  :-\\  These are NOT prescription.

Carlos & I have been talking about making an appointment to renew our prescriptions. The last place we went to, I don't want to go again because each time I went there, I was NOT impressed. He called another place back in Dec. They said they didn't have an opening until March. We didn't want to wait that long. If we did, we would have had our appointment already but as it is, we STILL haven't set anything up. lol.

Cat

I have to wear sunnies all the time - I think cloudy days are the worst for glare too !

I don't wear them.  I should probably get my eyes checked though.

That being said, the right pair of glasses on a woman is hot O0  8)

You should get them checked - even if it's just for health reasons. Like teeth I suppose...

Written By: mooster on 08/07/09 at 10:11 pm

Yep!

I am near-sighted and have been wearing glasses since age 24...

Both of my parents have been wearing glasses since they were youngsters...and so has my eldest brother!

We were about the same age ! 8)

I only need glasses for reading & computer. from about 5ft. & beyond my vision is 20/20, but blurry up close. that started when i was 43-44 years old. I remember the event vividly. I was trying to read a menu at a mexican restaurant and noticed some difficulty  :( so I borrowed my friends glasses and then it got really clear so I then realized I needed my own pair. I wear Oakley sunglasses for outdoors.

For me it was when I tried to read the phone book  :P

I have been wearing glasses since I was 3 or 4 (Micah, too).  I almost got Lasik back in 2006, but they backed out at the last possible minute (you wouldn't think a "happy pill" could wear off that quickly).  I'm going to try again, but don't have much hope as I am noticing a difference when I try to look at things close up (which was never a problem before).

My brother was young too - 1 year old  :o  Good luck with the Lasik  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/07/09 at 10:14 pm

I wear glasses to read or work on the computer, and I always wear sunglasses.

Written By: gibbo on 08/07/09 at 11:41 pm

I wear glasses to read or work on the computer, and I always wear sunglasses.

...even at night?  ...so you can keep track of the visions in your eyes?

Written By: Howard on 08/08/09 at 5:48 am

http://www.nextautos.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/corey-hart-sunglasses-at-night1.jpg

Only Corey Hart wears Sunglasses At Night. ;D

Written By: gibbo on 08/08/09 at 6:02 am

http://www.nextautos.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/corey-hart-sunglasses-at-night1.jpg

yes...and I quoted from that song in my earlier post!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/09 at 6:42 am

yes...and I quoted from that song in my earlier post!  ;)

and a good video to say the most.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/08/09 at 9:52 am

When I could no longer read the numbers in the boxes of my crossword puzzles I knew it was time for an
eye exam. That was 5 years ago and I've been wearing progressive bifocals ever since.

Written By: mooster on 08/08/09 at 10:32 am

When I could no longer read the numbers in the boxes of my crossword puzzles I knew it was time for an
eye exam. That was 5 years ago and I've been wearing progressive bifocals ever since.

How do you get on with those ? I'm gunna need them eventually....

Written By: Henk on 08/08/09 at 10:48 am

I've has glasses for years. Probably for as long as I've been driving (about 20 years). I'm somewhat shortsighted, so I do need them. (I can manage without, but it leaves me with one hell of a headache...) I also use them when watching the telly sometimes.

In spite of my advanced age  ::) ...I can still manage without reading glasses.

So, in short: I use glasses, but I don't have to wear them day-round.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/08/09 at 10:52 am

How do you get on with those ? I'm gunna need them eventually....

Fine now, They take awhile to get use to. In the first week or so it's hard to figure out which part of the glasses
you should be looking through but after awhile you don't even need to think about it. It may have been easier for
me because I never wore lined bifocals, I started out with progressives.

Written By: gibbo on 08/08/09 at 3:56 pm

Fine now, They take awhile to get use to. In the first week or so it's hard to figure out which part of the glasses
you should be looking through but after awhile you don't even need to think about it. It may have been easier for

Yes, I am still adjusting to which part to look through! Sometimes I must look like a puppet when wobbling my head about! But I'm still treating them like reading only glasses too much and resting them on the top of my head when not reading! I got them because I realized they gave everything around much clarity ... vision became sharper!

Written By: loki 13 on 08/08/09 at 5:01 pm

Yes, I am still adjusting to which part to look through! Sometimes I must look like a puppet when wobbling my head about! But I'm still treating them like reading only glasses too much and resting them on the top of my head when not reading! I got them because I realized they gave everything around much clarity ... vision became sharper!

I had trouble with the reading part, it was hard for me to focus on the bottom of the glasses; it's second nature now.

If your glasses make things sharper just be sure to not wear them while in the arcade and maybe I'll be able to hold onto
a title or two. ;D

Written By: Frank on 08/08/09 at 5:25 pm

I do wear sunglasses (at times) at night when I drive due to the glare of the car lights.

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/08/09 at 9:33 pm

I need an all of the above category!!!  I wear glasses and I love them, I just wish I had the money to have frames for every mood/outfit!
I also jave to sleep with my glasses on, as I can not stand waking up and not being able to see!  So contacts work for me ( yes I have contacts I can sleep in).  I do own several pairs of sunglasses in variety of shapes and colors!

Written By: mooster on 08/09/09 at 12:50 am

I've has glasses for years. Probably for as long as I've been driving (about 20 years). I'm somewhat shortsighted, so I do need them. (I can manage without, but it leaves me with one hell of a headache...) I also use them when watching the telly sometimes.

In spite of my advanced age  ::) ...I can still manage without reading glasses.

So, in short: I use glasses, but I don't have to wear them day-round.

I'm longsighted so I will need them for the rest of my life  ::)

I've never worn bifocals - lined or otherwise - so with any luck it won't take me long to get used to them either then  :)

Written By: mooster on 08/09/09 at 12:53 am

I need an all of the above category!!! 

Fixed  ;)

I wear glasses and I love them, I just wish I had the money to have frames for every mood/outfit!
I also jave to sleep with my glasses on, as I can not stand waking up and not being able to see!  So contacts work for me ( yes I have contacts I can sleep in).  I do own several pairs of sunglasses in variety of shapes and colors!

Do what I've done and get a pair of frameless - goes with everything ! ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/09/09 at 5:58 am

Fixed  ;)

Do what I've done and get a pair of frameless - goes with everything ! ;D

Nope that doesn't work- not enough character!!!  I love searching for frames!!!!  The bolder the better!

Written By: Howard on 08/09/09 at 6:38 am

My Parents wear glasses,My father wears contacts sometimes but I'm only one in the family that has good vision,nothing wrong with these eyes. ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/09/09 at 5:51 pm

...even at night?  ...so you can keep track of the visions in your eyes?

Oh hush.  :P

Written By: gibbo on 08/09/09 at 6:05 pm

Oh hush.   :P

let me finish that song line for you ...."hush, lover come to me"...  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/09/09 at 6:07 pm

let me finish that song line for you ...."hush, lover come to me"...  ::)

You're such a mind reader.  That was exactly what I was thinking when I typed that!  ;) ;D

Written By: gibbo on 08/09/09 at 6:10 pm

You're such a mind reader.  That was exactly what I was thinking when I typed that!   ;) ;D

But, of course.  What else could you have been thinking? ;D  Now, you hush!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/10/09 at 2:05 pm

They must've seen me coming then - I was never offered that option ! ::)  :P

My husband wears transitions and really likes them...

I should look into those when it comes time for me to get new pair of glasses, as I don't even use sunglasses (and I know I really should!  :-[)...

Written By: Howard on 08/10/09 at 2:56 pm

I wear sunglasses cause I'm cool and I'm Tom Cruise.  8)

Written By: gibbo on 08/10/09 at 4:31 pm

I wear sunglasses cause I'm cool and I'm Tom Cruise.  8)

But couch jumping ego maniacs are no longer cool!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/10/09 at 4:32 pm

But couch jumping ego maniacs are no longer cool!  ;D

They were at one time.

Written By: mooster on 08/11/09 at 4:35 am

My husband wears transitions and really likes them...

I should look into those when it comes time for me to get new pair of glasses, as I don't even use sunglasses (and I know I really should!  :-[)...

I'm surprised you don't living in Hawaii :o

Written By: Gis on 08/11/09 at 11:00 am

Well I have glasses but I rarely if ever where them.

I got my first pair when I was 16 because I was shortsighted but over the years one eye stayed shortsighted but the other went longsighted. I have hours of fun covering one eye and then the other when looking at things!  ;D  ;D
So at the moment they balance each other out so to speak and I don't wear my specs often. I guess I would still have to wear them to drive but I don't have a car right now.

I wear sunglasses all the time because I work underground so there is no natural light and the sun really dazzles me.

Written By: mooster on 08/11/09 at 6:48 pm

I got my first pair when I was 16 because I was shortsighted but over the years one eye stayed shortsighted but the other went longsighted. I have hours of fun covering one eye and then the other when looking at things!  ;D  ;D

Sounds like a fun game  :D ;D

Written By: Gis on 08/13/09 at 9:03 am

Sounds like a fun game  :D ;D
Honestly you wouldn't believe the difference!  ;D

It's like can't see it....can see it, can't see it...can see it. Hours of fun  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/13/09 at 7:39 pm

I wear glasses.

Written By: gibbo on 08/13/09 at 7:41 pm

...use 'em to drink my beer!

Written By: mooster on 08/13/09 at 11:39 pm

...or wine !

Written By: Howard on 08/14/09 at 6:51 am

What? You can't see your glass that you need glasses to see your glass?  ;D

Written By: Fairee07 on 08/14/09 at 5:36 pm

I chose all of the above except I don't wear them all at once.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/15/09 at 9:13 am

I used to wear reading glasses and, technically, I guess I'm still supposed to though I don't. I had an eye operation to correct a squint about two years ago and I don't go out of focus anymore as a result so see very little reason to continue with them for the mean time. :)

Written By: mooster on 08/21/09 at 2:25 am

I think I need to start wearing my everyday glasses...

This afternoon I picked up what I thought was a piece of black fluff off the floor  - only to discover it was a spider !  :o :-[  Thank goodness it wasn't a Redback  :P

Written By: Davester on 08/21/09 at 5:35 am

I started wearing glasses when I was 17, and I have a separate pair of prescription shades.  Never tried transitions...

Written By: mooster on 09/20/09 at 2:15 am

I started wearing glasses when I was 17, and I have a separate pair of prescription shades.  Never tried transitions...

I'll have to get some prescription sunnies...so I can tell if I'm flagging down the right bus !

Written By: Howard on 09/20/09 at 6:31 am

The only glasses I wear are sunglasses.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/09 at 7:00 am

The only glasses I wear are sunglasses.
Only..... ?

..and to look like Tom Cruise.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/09 at 7:09 am

Only..... ?

..and to look like Tom Cruise.

Yep,that's what they call me at work. ;D

Written By: Womble on 09/20/09 at 10:16 am

I wear reading glasses.

Written By: Marian on 09/25/09 at 1:50 pm

Edit: I only wear them to protect my eyes from the sunlight.
Oh i missed that part.I wear those.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/25/09 at 4:43 pm

I've wore glasses for a long time now, and upgraded them 2 times. I need to eat more Vitamin A foods.... (Vitamin A improves vision.) The bad thing about glasses: they slip off while I do strenuous work.

Written By: mooster on 10/04/09 at 7:39 pm

I've wore glasses for a long time now, and upgraded them 2 times. I need to eat more Vitamin A foods.... (Vitamin A improves vision.) The bad thing about glasses: they slip off while I do strenuous work.

Carrots are full of Vitamin A !

Written By: gibbo on 10/04/09 at 11:23 pm

Carrots are full of Vitamin A !

As mentioned in the past....(a helpful hint).  Don't ever sneeze on your keyboard with a mouthful of carrot!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/05/09 at 6:29 am

As mentioned in the past....(a helpful hint).  Don't ever sneeze on your keyboard with a mouthful of carrot!  ;)

Thanks for the word of advice.

Written By: Paul on 10/05/09 at 7:00 am

I have a 'lazy' left eye, so I 'supposedly' had to wear glasses when younger...

'Supposedly'?

Well, this is what I was prescribed! Would you wear anything like this?

http://www.makingthemodernworld.org.uk/everyday_life/img/IM.0782_zl.jpg

I remember I had to visit the local eye clinic every six months, until that fateful day when my Dad took me...

The old dear who ran the joint proclaimed my eye was improving, but was pretty much lost for words when the old feller informed her that I'd barely worn the things since day one!  :D

Written By: mooster on 10/08/09 at 3:43 am

As mentioned in the past....(a helpful hint).  Don't ever sneeze on your keyboard with a mouthful of carrot!  ;)

...or a mouth full of anything for that matter !  ;)

Written By: mooster on 10/08/09 at 3:46 am

'Supposedly'?

I remember I had to visit the local eye clinic every six months, until that fateful day when my Dad took me...

The old dear who ran the joint proclaimed my eye was improving, but was pretty much lost for words when the old feller informed her that I'd barely worn the things since day one!  :D

My brother had to wear frames very similar to those when he was a kid - must've been all the rage back then !

Written By: Howard on 10/08/09 at 5:39 am

...or a mouth full of anything for that matter !  ;)

Don't cough either.

Written By: Davester on 10/08/09 at 6:06 pm

'Supposedly'?

My first pair of glasses was similar to those, but black.  Issued by uncle sam, they were known as birth control glasses...

Written By: mooster on 10/17/09 at 6:05 pm

My first pair of glasses was similar to those, but black.  Issued by uncle sam, they were known as birth control glasses...

My brother's were black too - though his first very first pair were more like 'John Lennon' frames

Written By: Lady Beard on 10/26/09 at 7:36 pm

I wear contacts to keep my wife interested in my face! She is literally anti-glasses. Once I put them on, she whacks me upside the head. :(

Also, it is hard to fish for bass when one's eyeglasses are wet with water!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/28/09 at 1:01 pm

I picked "other" because I started when I was 7, got contacts at 15, went back and forth between glasses and contacts after I had the kids, had Lasik done so I didn't need them as much and didn't wear anything for about 3 years, now I'm back to switching back and forth.  I knew when I had the Lasik that my eyes wouldn't be 20/20, but going from 20/1050 and 20/1100 to 20/50 & 20/75 was DEFINITELY worth the $$.  I've always had to wear sunglasses outside because I have hyperphotosensitivity, even if it's somewhat overcast.  If it's really sunny, I usually have a baseball cap on as well or I'm just asking for a migraine.  So, right now, I have 4 pair of regular glasses, 3 regular sunglasses and 1 prescription sunglasses.  I HAD 4 pair of sunglasses, but hubby managed to lose my favorite pair of RayBans at a baseball game this summer and hasn't replaced them yet.....I was really upset because I'd had them for about 7 years and had regular and prescription lenses for them >:(

Written By: mooster on 11/08/09 at 1:29 am

I wear contacts to keep my wife interested in my face! She is literally anti-glasses. Once I put them on, she whacks me upside the head. :(

Also, it is hard to fish for bass when one's eyeglasses are wet with water!

Yes..I see your problem... (pun not intended ;) )

I picked "other" because I started when I was 7, got contacts at 15, went back and forth between glasses and contacts after I had the kids, had Lasik done so I didn't need them as much and didn't wear anything for about 3 years, now I'm back to switching back and forth.  I knew when I had the Lasik that my eyes wouldn't be 20/20, but going from 20/1050 and 20/1100 to 20/50 & 20/75 was DEFINITELY worth the $$.  I've always had to wear sunglasses outside because I have hyperphotosensitivity, even if it's somewhat overcast.  If it's really sunny, I usually have a baseball cap on as well or I'm just asking for a migraine.  So, right now, I have 4 pair of regular glasses, 3 regular sunglasses and 1 prescription sunglasses.  I HAD 4 pair of sunglasses, but hubby managed to lose my favorite pair of RayBans at a baseball game this summer and hasn't replaced them yet.....I was really upset because I'd had them for about 7 years and had regular and prescription lenses for them >:(

Cripes! You've had to rely on them for years!! I always took good eyesight for granted - that is until now when I really need to wear my glasses ::)

Btw nice to see you  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/08/09 at 6:40 am

Do sunglasses count as "glasses"?  ???

Written By: wildcard on 11/08/09 at 7:43 pm

^ only sunglasses is an option to vote for so I guess you can talk about them here too. 

Every time that I went out I wore cheap sunglasses

Written By: Step-chan on 11/08/09 at 10:59 pm

Sunglasses only.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/09 at 6:28 am

I've been wearing sunglasses for quite a long time,not only for being cool but for keeping my eyes away from the strong rays.

Written By: karen on 11/09/09 at 9:17 am

Do sunglasses count as "glasses"?  ???

well, since you already talked about them on page two and they are an option to vote for I guess they do count

Written By: karen on 11/09/09 at 3:32 pm

I like to wear them to look cool and to keep protected as well.

yeah, you've mentioned that once or twice

Written By: Howard on 11/09/09 at 3:52 pm

Sorry about that Karen. :(

Written By: Midas on 11/09/09 at 4:49 pm

I've been wearing sunglasses for quite a long time,not only for being cool but for keeping my eyes away from the strong rays.

Do sunglasses make you cool?

Written By: Midas on 11/09/09 at 4:50 pm

Hey, I betcha Howard wears sunglasses to look cool and keep his eyes protected from the sun :D

Written By: wildcard on 11/09/09 at 5:20 pm

^ you don't say

Written By: Howard on 11/09/09 at 7:59 pm

Do sunglasses make you cool?

That's why at Pathmark they call me Tom Cruise.

Written By: mooster on 11/10/09 at 1:52 am

I find wearing sunglasses makes you feel  cooler too ! Well...they make me feel cooler at least... :P That's why I can't wear types with yellow lenses as they make me feel too hot  ::)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/10/09 at 5:35 am

I find wearing sunglasses makes you feel  cooler too ! Well...they make me feel cooler at least... :P That's why I can't wear types with yellow lenses as they make me feel too hot  ::)  ;D

Do you wear ones with dark lenses?

Written By: Midas on 11/10/09 at 9:44 am

That's why at Pathmark they call me Tom Cruise.

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/10/09 at 12:42 pm

;D

Why is that funny,Most of the workers over there call me Cruise,I'm not kidding.

Written By: wildcard on 11/10/09 at 1:57 pm

;D

Written By: mooster on 11/11/09 at 2:04 am

Do you wear ones with dark lenses?

Dark, but not too dark... How about you?

Written By: Howard on 11/11/09 at 6:30 am

Dark, but not too dark... How about you?

I wear light lenses but nothing too dark for my eyes.

Written By: Midas on 11/12/09 at 9:17 am

Why is that funny,Most of the workers over there call me Cruise,I'm not kidding.

;D

See? 

Now round up them carts, Maverick!  :D

Written By: Howard on 11/12/09 at 3:18 pm

See? 

Now round up them carts, Maverick!  :D

round them up yourself.  :P

Written By: Midas on 11/12/09 at 3:36 pm

round them up yourself.  :P

And you wonder why you don't get promoted. :P

Written By: Howard on 11/12/09 at 4:12 pm

I'll worry about that myself.

Written By: mooster on 11/13/09 at 2:25 am

I wear light lenses but nothing too dark for my eyes.

I have a pair of lighter reflective ones as well...

Written By: Howard on 11/13/09 at 6:35 am

I have a pair of lighter reflective ones as well...

How are they?

Written By: Howard on 11/13/09 at 6:36 am

I wear shades,Are they the same as sunglasses? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/13/09 at 3:47 pm

Shades = Sunglasess

Written By: Midas on 11/13/09 at 5:18 pm

:D

Written By: Midas on 11/13/09 at 5:19 pm

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0015/3822/blue_man_wearing_lampshade_web_copy_gallery.jpg

Howard?

Written By: mooster on 11/13/09 at 6:36 pm

How are they?

They're probably not the best protection for my eyes - but I like them ! :)

Written By: Howard on 11/13/09 at 6:42 pm

http://www.1000markets.com/pictures/0015/3822/blue_man_wearing_lampshade_web_copy_gallery.jpg

Howard?

Why is that guy wearing a lampshade? ;D

Written By: Midas on 11/25/09 at 9:26 am

Why is that guy wearing a lampshade? ;D

Because he wears shades that are not the same as sunglasses. :D

Written By: Howard on 11/25/09 at 7:18 pm

Because he wears shades that are not the same as sunglasses. :D

I'm sure he doesn't.

Written By: Midas on 11/27/09 at 8:41 am

I'm sure he doesn't.

If you say so :D

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/18/10 at 10:40 pm

I've always wore glasses. If I didn't have astigmatism, I would get contact lenses.

Written By: karen on 01/19/10 at 8:05 am

I've always wore glasses. If I didn't have astigmatism, I would get contact lenses.

You can get contact lenses for astigmatism.  My husband is astigmatic and has worn lenses for years.

Depending on the severity of it depends whether you need specific ones (slightly weighted on the bottom I think) or 'rigid' lenses which 'pull' the eyeball to the right shape.

Check for new replies or respond here...