inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need to turn the page and start all over - now help

Written By: -Tommy- on 09/11/09 at 9:30 pm

So today, I decided to turn the page of my life. I guess, everyone starts it. But I don't know how many people actually follow through.

Maybe because I just turned 25 and I have the anxiety of future. I need to start over because I need to start stronger. I quit my old job, quit on my girl, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Due to this dreadful recession, I crawled back at my folks home. Oh well.

I would love to branch out on my own. Start my business. Just start life. I know times are hard, but I can't go back being someones slave, and I have this idea that if I persist hard enough, at least I'll make enough to pay bills? I mean I hope times are not THAT rough.

I had some weight issue due to "break up" despression or whatever, everybody told me I got really fat. Then I started working out. Now people say to me that I really lost weight. That's a good thing.

My question is, I'm not entirely comfortable living with my folks. The house isn't small or anything but I don't know...it just feels weird.

On the other hand, if I start working in my own business - it will be SUPER cheap to start from my folks home than going out and having to pay landlord every month.

What do you think is wiser?

Any original motivation ideas for me? Business tips? Please chip in. I need all the help from "anonymous" people, I don't know it just seems easy to ask someone who doesn't actually know me.

I've talked about this with a friend of mine but...I don't know. Maybe I just want some more words of courage. Either way...what say ye?

Subject: Re: Need to turn the page and start all over - now help

Written By: Jessica on 09/11/09 at 10:00 pm

Well, do you have ideas for your business?  What would you like to do? :)

Written By: -Tommy- on 09/11/09 at 10:08 pm

Of course, I would stay in the lane I worked so far and enjoy working in, visual communications, graphic design, video production. I enjoy doing it and I think I'm good at it and I want to get better at it as much as I can.

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/09 at 10:23 pm

Graphic Design is a hard field to get into.  I took it in college, and failed every course but one. 

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/13/09 at 10:00 am

I think it's a good idea to stay with your parents as long as you have a plan and set some goals.  Something like:  I'm going to save xxx amount of dollars in order to start a business, get my own place or whatever.  Always keep your eyes on the prize, ya know?, don't idle.

My sister is a graphic designer and she works a hell of a lot of hours.  She loves the work, though  :)  I'm sure in this market there are more freelance positions (as opposed to a traditional ones) that would provide you enough money while you work on your own goals.

Oh, to be 25 again  ;D  Good luck to you  :)

Written By: wildcard on 09/13/09 at 4:05 pm

I agree that you have a plan you're working on then there's nothing wrong with staying with your parents. 

Check for new replies or respond here...