inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: At some time between 1pm and 6pm....(delivery or service will arrive)

Written By: KKay on 09/21/09 at 12:15 pm

I'm sitting here waiting.  i'ts 1:15.  Now i'm going to watch the clock and wait for these guys to hook up my internet/phone.

It will happen some time between 1 and 6 and can take from 4 to 6 hours to finish.

Really?

Subject: Re: At some time between 1pm and 6pm....(delivery or service will arrive)

Written By: karen on 09/21/09 at 12:30 pm

The worst thing like this I had was being told a phone engineer would arrive between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.

I took my daughter to nursery early so I could be home just after 8.  I waited in all day.  At about 5.45 I called them to see what the situation was because I had to go out to fetch my daughter from nursery again.  They said that there wasn't supposed to be an engineer calling at all!  I was supposed to test the various phone lines myself and then call them back if I needed an engineer to call.  >:(

Subject: Re: At some time between 1pm and 6pm....(delivery or service will arrive)

Written By: KKay on 09/21/09 at 12:41 pm

It's an annoying situation.

They just called, said they are on the way.  Ihope they don't quit after 5 hours saying they have to come back tomrrow!!!

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/09 at 12:41 pm

The worst thing like this I had was being told a phone engineer would arrive between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.

I took my daughter to nursery early so I could be home just after 8.  I waited in all day.  At about 5.45 I called them to see what the situation was because I had to go out to fetch my daughter from nursery again.  They said that there wasn't supposed to be an engineer calling at all!  I was supposed to test the various phone lines myself and then call them back if I needed an engineer to call.  >:(

oh that's just horrible!

Written By: Red Ant on 09/21/09 at 1:03 pm

I'm sitting here waiting.  i'ts 1:15.  Now i'm going to watch the clock and wait for these guys to hook up my internet/phone.

It will happen some time between 1 and 6 and can take from 4 to 6 hours to finish.

Really?

What company is providing the service? I hope it's not Verizon...

Ant

Written By: Midas on 09/21/09 at 2:24 pm

We're having our intarwebz upgraded on Friday October 9 by some service dude between 6 and 8 PM.  We'll see. :D

Written By: KKay on 09/21/09 at 3:44 pm

the web is faster.....and the phone WORKS.  Whew!  not as bad as I thoughtt it was going to be....but still, those calls are never good.  missing a day of work sucks too.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/09 at 4:25 pm

They probably got stuck in traffic or something.

Written By: Silver Power on 09/21/09 at 4:46 pm

Are they there yet? Gosh, it's almost 6 now!

Written By: KKay on 09/22/09 at 6:56 pm

OK Kids....

they came at 2:30 and left at 4 something...not too shabby!

I tell you, when you call for something, it's terrifying - the length of time it will take and the first bill...installation, service charge, oxygen used, words spoken....

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/22/09 at 7:56 pm

the web is faster.....and the phone WORKS.  Whew!  not as bad as I thoughtt it was going to be....but still, those calls are never good.  missing a day of work sucks too.
awesome  http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/3.gif

glad your systems are up and working.

Written By: KKay on 09/22/09 at 10:12 pm

obviously, i need optimum service for my return to the boards.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif

Written By: Howard on 09/23/09 at 6:44 pm

OK Kids....

they came at 2:30 and left at 4 something...not too shabby!

I tell you, when you call for something, it's terrifying - the length of time it will take and the first bill...installation, service charge, oxygen used, words spoken....

Now you'll be back on the boards.  :)

Written By: KKay on 09/24/09 at 9:51 am

OK>>>> THIS IS ANNOYING TOO!

The old cable company is coming to pick up the cable box and stuff I'm no longer using.  So.  between 1 and 6 PM.

Who is knocking on the door at 9AM?  Are you kidding me?  The one day off I can sleep in?  Grrrr

Written By: loki 13 on 09/25/09 at 5:29 pm

Two Sundays ago I was told a guy from Verizon would be there to fix the phone sometime between 2 and 5 pm.
It was opening day for the Eagles so I told my wife not to expect him anytime before 4. Sure enough, 15 minutes
after the Eagles game was over the phone tech arrived.

Written By: KKay on 09/25/09 at 5:40 pm

Two Sundays ago I was told a guy from Verizon would be there to fix the phone sometime between 2 and 5 pm.
It was opening day for the Eagles so I told my wife not to expect him anytime before 4. Sure enough, 15 minutes
after the Eagles game was over the phone tech arrived.

what a shock!!!

Written By: loki 13 on 09/25/09 at 5:56 pm

what a shock!!!

I can't complain too much, after all it was Sunday.

Check for new replies or respond here...