inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: eBay revisited

Written By: Tam on 09/21/09 at 12:53 pm

I recently purchased a purse on eBay for my Mother-In-Law. It is exactly the style with compartments that she has been looking for, for months.

I bought it on August 17th. (Buy It Now)
I paid with Paypal August 17th. I also added $2 for insurance.
She has yet to receive the purse! >:(

I have emailed with the seller several times, seller tells me it shipped (from Kentucky) but that it stopped moving with USPS and she would track it for me. (This was on Sept. 1st.) This is the last email I received from seller.

I have emailed the seller several times, asking her for the tracking number, to which I have gotten no response. I read her feedback prior to buying, she was ranked 98%, and only 2 in the last 6 months have complained of slow shipping or incorrect product.

I emailed her Friday and gave her until 9am EST this morning to provide me with the tracking number or refund. I also told her if she failed to do either, I would start the Dispute through PayPal. Of course, she failed to respond.

So, now I have filed my claim with Paypal, and it is open until Oct. 11th.

My question:
How long should I wait for her to respond through PayPal before I escalate it further?

Subject: Re: eBay revisited

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/21/09 at 1:26 pm

Good question. As you know, I HATE Fee-Bay and I HATE PayPal. I lost big-time in a disrupt with PayPal because I listened to what they told me to do-but that is another issue. I don't know if you can do anything until Oct. 11th.  :-\\  Yup-you are at the mercy of PayPal.  ::) I do hope you get your $$ back-unlike I did.  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: Gis on 09/22/09 at 9:24 am

Himself is in a similar position. Bought something and it never arrived, so went to check on Ebay only to find the seller was 'no longer a registered user' and they hadn't even bothered to let him know!  >:(
He emailed Ebay and got no reply so I told him to start a Paypal dispute, only then did Ebay send him an email, useless feckers. 

Written By: statsqueen on 09/22/09 at 9:31 am

I'm convinced!  I'm staying away from eBay unless it is to buy something from my friend Sheila's eBay store (actual store, not just someone trying to sell their own stuff) if I can't get up north....anything else, no way!

Written By: Tam on 09/23/09 at 1:15 pm

Well, it has been over 48 hours and I have not gotten a reply from the seller through the paypal complaint. I am going to update the complaint and give her until Friday to answer me or provide details or refund. If she does not comply, then I am most definitely escalating the dispute to the authority of paypal.

This isn't the first time it has happened to me. A few years ago I bought a jersey for Big Nasty. The seller only accepted money orders, so I sent mine and upon receipt, the seller deleted her account. I had usps trace the money order and it was cashed, however the address used doesn't exist. Go figure!

I have pretty much had it with eBay!

Written By: Tam on 10/01/09 at 7:11 pm

So I have escalated the claim through paypal.

Last Friday she said she was trying to refund my money through paypal, but as on Tuesday I still hadn't received it. No further communication either. I went ahead and escalated the claim, and now the seller has until the 10th to reply. If she doesn't reply, paypal will refund my money in full.

This could have been handled quickly and easily had she just acknowledged that she was in the wrong and refunded my money. Instead, she claimed that she was tracking it, but wouldn't provide the tracking number and refused to do as any good merchant should do. This is ridiculous!

Not to mention that on Friday I bought a t-shirt through amazon, and voila! I received it today. Quick and painless. I think I am going to stay away from eBay for quite some time.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/01/09 at 8:27 pm

So I have escalated the claim through paypal.

Last Friday she said she was trying to refund my money through paypal, but as on Tuesday I still hadn't received it. No further communication either. I went ahead and escalated the claim, and now the seller has until the 10th to reply. If she doesn't reply, paypal will refund my money in full.

This could have been handled quickly and easily had she just acknowledged that she was in the wrong and refunded my money. Instead, she claimed that she was tracking it, but wouldn't provide the tracking number and refused to do as any good merchant should do. This is ridiculous!

Not to mention that on Friday I bought a t-shirt through amazon, and voila! I received it today. Quick and painless. I think I am going to stay away from eBay for quite some time.

Good luck, Tam!  Can't blame you for staying away!!!!

Written By: Tam on 10/02/09 at 7:13 pm

I received my refund today!!!!
Paypal sent the seller an email and she waited until this evening to reply or apply the refund!
But I got the full amount to include shipping and insurance!!!

w00t!!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif

Written By: statsqueen on 10/07/09 at 3:00 pm

I received my refund today!!!!
Paypal sent the seller an email and she waited until this evening to reply or apply the refund!
But I got the full amount to include shipping and insurance!!!

w00t!!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif

Yay Tam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...