inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Punk Idiots, Stay Off My Roads!

Written By: ADH13 on 10/29/09 at 7:55 pm

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the jerks on the road lately?

Today I was driving home, on a fairly busy street in a residential area.  There was a little girl about to cross the street at a crosswalk (no stop sign or light there) so I stopped to let her cross.  Then some idiot comes up behind me, I guess he thought I was stopped in the middle of the street for no reason, and proceeds to swerve around me.  Came within a foot or so of hitting this poor kid after screeching his brakes.  Scared the crap out of me!

Yesterday I was exiting a shopping center parking lot.  I needed to turn right, but needed to get all the way over to the left turn lane, so I could make an immediate left.  Some nut case starts honking at me as soon as the far right lane had room for me to get in.

Are people really in such a damn hurry these days that they don't even care if they make it to their destinations safely?

Anyone else been cut off, honked at, nearly backed into, etc lately?

Subject: Re: Punk Idiots, Stay Off My Roads!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/29/09 at 8:17 pm

an old lady was run over and killed in the shopping center parking lot off Crow canyon Rd. in San Ramon last week

I noticed the idiot jerk drivers about 24 years ago

Written By: Howard on 10/29/09 at 8:32 pm

I almost got run over in the parking lot.  >:( ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 10/29/09 at 8:35 pm

By a car or a wayward shopping cart?

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/09 at 8:35 pm

^^^^That one jerk who almost hit that kid needs to be in jail.  There are lots of crazy people on the road, I see it everyday!

One road I sometimes take, right after the traffic light, the right lane merges into the left lane to become one and often a car will get in that right lane, and drive over the speed limit to get ahead of the car in the regular lane and basically cut him off.  They don't mess with me because I don't let them.  I am in the left lane and if one is gonna pass me, I pick up speed so they have to jam on their brakes and swerve into the lane where they originally should have been.  

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/09 at 8:36 pm

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.  I was coming out of Home Depot with fast food and a fountain drink.  I was ready to cross to get to the parking lot when this car barrels around the corner forcing me to backtrack a few steps to avoid getting hit.  Note to stupid drivers:  If you're gonna drive recklessly like that, don't have your window down.  I popped the lid off the fountain drink cup and threw it right in and it went all over his clothes.  OH YEAH!  I then proceeded to my car and drive away like nothing was wrong.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/09 at 8:38 pm

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.  I was coming out of Home Depot with fast food and a fountain drink.  I was ready to cross to get to the parking lot when this car barrels around the corner forcing me to backtrack a few steps to avoid getting hit.  Note to stupid drivers:  If you're gonna drive recklessly like that, don't have your window down.  I popped the lid off the fountain drink cup and threw it right in and it went all over his clothes.  OH YEAH!  I then proceeded to my car and drive away like nothing was wrong.

Is society crumbling? I mean what's going on?  ??? ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/29/09 at 8:38 pm

By a car or a wayward shopping cart?

car.

Written By: ADH13 on 10/29/09 at 8:44 pm

That's a good idea! LOL...  and besides.. based on some of your posts back in the day, you really don't need a stupid driver to cause you to end up face first on the ground anyways... lol ;D  But I would've loved to have seen that one!

Written By: Jessica on 10/29/09 at 9:30 pm

I live in Chicago.  We walk all over the place.  I have learned to be wary of motorists and cyclists.

Truth to tell, the bicyclists are a lot worse than the motorists.  They think that just because they're "saving the planet by riding a bike" that they can do whatever the hell they want.  Ass holes.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/30/09 at 7:28 am

Sig and I were talking about this just the other day.  We have been around longer than most of you guys and can attest to the fact that it is worse now than ever. For whatever reason it seems lately that the BMW and Volvos of the world are a bit more frantic when on the roads. 

Written By: Howard on 10/30/09 at 7:49 am

You know I don't know what it is with today's society but people in their cars are in their own little stupid world,not paying attention to anything or anybody that gets in their way,especially in the Pathmark parking lot.You have so many elderly people who have crutches,canes and walkers and still people drive like it's the Indianapolis Speedway,What's going on here? I feel like I'm the traffic controller out there.  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 10/30/09 at 8:43 am

You know I don't know what it is with today's society but people in their cars are in their own little stupid world,not paying attention to anything or anybody that gets in their way,especially in the Pathmark parking lot.You have so many elderly people who have crutches,canes and walkers and still people drive like it's the Indianapolis Speedway,What's going on here? I feel like I'm the traffic controller out there.  ::)

It's everywhere.  Nothing but self centered people who have the compelling need to get where ever they are going first....get in the way, get run over. ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/30/09 at 3:37 pm

It's everywhere.  Nothing but self centered people who have the compelling need to get where ever they are going first....get in the way, get run over. ::)

and I wind up getting the finger or the F word.  ::)

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/30/09 at 7:05 pm

I see plenty of jerks on the road everyday.  Too many people running red lights, blasting through a stop sign, and speeding right through a school zone when the lights are flashing for motorists to go 25 mph.  >:(

Written By: ADH13 on 10/30/09 at 10:29 pm

I know it's not this way everywhere, but in CA it's legal to turn right on a red light.  So these impatient people will squeeze in between the right lane traffic and the edge of the road, nearly sideswiping several cars...  and what really sucks about it, is that if you choose not to do this, and actually stay in your lane until you reach the intersection, nobody wants to let you into their nonexistent little "right turn lane".

Written By: Howard on 10/31/09 at 5:44 am

I see plenty of jerks on the road everyday.  Too many people running red lights, blasting through a stop sign, and speeding right through a school zone when the lights are flashing for motorists to go 25 mph.   >:(

That's why I have no desire to drive a car whatsoever,been taking public transportation for well over 20 years and very proud of it.

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/09 at 5:39 pm

I know it's not this way everywhere, but in CA it's legal to turn right on a red light.  So these impatient people will squeeze in between the right lane traffic and the edge of the road, nearly sideswiping several cars...  and what really sucks about it, is that if you choose not to do this, and actually stay in your lane until you reach the intersection, nobody wants to let you into their nonexistent little "right turn lane".

Usually, they drive up on the grass just to get by.  Most times as a courtesy, if I can inch forward to let them squeeze by, I will, but if I can tell the person is impatient, I'll inch right a bit in the hopes they will drive on the grass just when a cop happens by. 

Written By: ADH13 on 11/01/09 at 10:45 pm

Usually, they drive up on the grass just to get by.  Most times as a courtesy, if I can inch forward to let them squeeze by, I will, but if I can tell the person is impatient, I'll inch right a bit in the hopes they will drive on the grass just when a cop happens by. 

Yeah, I usually will try to inch out of the way too, but it's not so much a courtesy as it is that I don't want my mirrors getting hit. >:(  I wouldn't mind so much that people do that, if they would just realize that I am in a legal lane, so I have the right-of-way when I am ready to turn right.  But no, these people who are half on the sidewalk don't want to let me in, so I have to sit there and wait for them all to turn, holding up everyone behind me who wants to go straight.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/09 at 5:36 am

When I'm out in the parking lot,I'm always conducting traffic,waving my hands and signaling a lot,It's annoying to the drivers but I got to do what I got to do.

Written By: jackas on 11/04/09 at 1:51 pm

Maybe there aren't any more punk idiots than normal.  Maybe we are all just getting old.  Aahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/09 at 1:56 pm

Maybe there aren't any more punk idiots than normal.  Maybe we are all just getting old.   Aahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

OMG!!!! Do we know you?

Welcome back.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/04/09 at 2:48 pm

Maybe there aren't any more punk idiots than normal.  Maybe we are all just getting old.   Aahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

hey Jacks,Welcome Back.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/04/09 at 2:50 pm

I hate the way people in the parking lot back up so damn quickly not knowing who's in back in them.  ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/05/09 at 1:24 am

Watch out for the jerk driving this truck...  ;D ;D ;D

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/greg_elgart/2006/10-26/truck24.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/05/09 at 5:35 am

Is it just me or are there way too many people driving drunk?  ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/09 at 5:39 am

We had a truck  in Boston yesterday, bridge clearance was 12' ,  the trailer was 13'6",  he thought he could "inch it through"    ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/05/09 at 8:03 am

Is it just me or are there way too many people driving drunk?  ::)

One person driving drunk is way too many people driving drunk.

Written By: whistledog on 11/05/09 at 8:38 am

Sometimes even as pedestrians, it's dangerous ...  Years ago, I was trying to cross an intersection on the right side.  The light was green, so of course I also had the walk signal, but here were alot of cars turning and not one of them let me cross.  I eventually had to walk infront of a car that was slow turning, and the guy gave me this look and mouthed an obsenity because I got in his way.  I slammed my fist hard on his hood, and held my hands out in a challenging manner, just waiting for him to exit his car so I could smash his face right in. 

As a common courtesy, when that walk signal is lit, drivers are supposed to let pedestrians cross.  Don't mess with the pedestrian.  We're flucking crazy >:( lol

Written By: Howard on 11/05/09 at 3:03 pm

As a common courtesy, when that walk signal is lit, drivers are supposed to let pedestrians cross.  Don't mess with the pedestrian.

I know,especially in the Pathmark parking lot,people are supposed to have the right of way and people in their cars think they're right to careen so fast. ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...