inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I just got a job!

Written By: Brian06 on 11/07/09 at 7:32 pm

I went for an interview at Best Buy today and I got hired! I've been trying to get in there for a while now. I was kind of nervous for the interview but the guy was pretty nice and seems to have confidence in me! It's only seasonal to start but if I do well and with it being the music and games department and me being very good with that I feel good about my chances. I'm starting next Saturday. With this economy I'm just happy I was able to get something! :-)

Subject: Re: I just got a job!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/07/09 at 7:33 pm

Way to go!

Written By: Howard on 11/07/09 at 7:43 pm

Fantastic Brian. :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 11/07/09 at 7:48 pm

Congratulations, Brian!  That's wonderful!  :)  :)

Written By: karen on 11/07/09 at 7:48 pm

Excellent news Brian.  O0

If you do a good job as a seasonal worker who knows, they might hire you permanently

Written By: Womble on 11/07/09 at 7:51 pm

I went for an interview at Best Buy today and I got hired! I've been trying to get in there for a while now. I was kind of nervous for the interview but the guy was pretty nice and seems to have confidence in me! It's only seasonal to start but if I do well and with it being the music and games department and me being very good with that I feel good about my chances. I'm starting next Saturday. With this economy I'm just happy I was able to get something! :-)

Welcome to the team!!!!!!!!!  :) :) :)
I work at a BBY Service and Repair Center (Geek Squad division) in Florida and love it! BBY is a great company to work for. Great quality and values. I'm sure you'll be as happy working there as I am. Again, a big, warm welcome! Oh yeah........and Karma!  :) :) :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/09 at 8:11 pm

Fantastic...can you get me a discount?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/07/09 at 8:12 pm

I work at a BBY Service and Repair Center (Geek Squad division) in Florida and love it! BBY is a great company to work for. Great quality and values. I'm sure you'll be as happy working there as I am. Again, a big, warm welcome! Oh yeah........and Karma!  :) :) :)

shooot... Can you get me a discount?  ;)

Written By: Silver Power on 11/07/09 at 10:12 pm

Congrats! Getting a job in this economy is hard!! I'm surprised that I got one!

Karamel to you!

Written By: Red Ant on 11/07/09 at 10:26 pm

Great news, Brian!

Ant

Written By: mooster on 11/07/09 at 11:17 pm

Congratulations!!

Written By: Howard on 11/08/09 at 6:44 am

I work at Pathmark as a cart attendant in Garden City Park,Long Island NY,It's a good company and I have a Union so that's good and the pay is ok for pushing carts,not the best but I'd rather make more.It's very frustrating and aggravating to work but at least I got someplace to go to.  :)

Written By: BrandyBlue on 11/08/09 at 8:19 am

Good for you!  I'm so glad for you. I hope it turns into something permanent for you if you like it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/08/09 at 8:53 am

Congratulations and Karma.

Written By: ninny on 11/08/09 at 9:24 am

Congratulations :)

Written By: Womble on 11/08/09 at 11:17 am

I work at Pathmark as a cart attendant in Garden City Park,Long Island NY,It's a good company and I have a Union so that's good and the pay is ok for pushing carts,not the best but I'd rather make more.It's very frustrating and aggravating to work but at least I got someplace to go to.  :)

I think I may have been to your Pathmark Howard if it's the one on Marcus Ave.

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/09 at 11:19 am

Did Howard almost run into your car with his carts because he wasn't paying attention you were going too fast?

Written By: Womble on 11/08/09 at 12:46 pm

Did Howard almost run into your car with his carts because he wasn't paying attention you were going too fast?

Lol !!!!! No, it was walking distance from my job. I didn't take a car ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/08/09 at 12:47 pm

Lol !!!!! No, it was walking distance from my job. I didn't take a car ;D

whew...that was a close one  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/08/09 at 12:50 pm

Congratulations!

Written By: Howard on 11/08/09 at 2:05 pm

Yes it is.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/09 at 2:06 pm

No I wouldn't do that.  ::)

Written By: Womble on 11/08/09 at 2:16 pm

No I wouldn't do that.  ::)

Small world.  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/08/09 at 2:30 pm

Small world.  :)

and if that happened,would you sue?

Written By: whistledog on 11/08/09 at 3:20 pm

Congrats.  Best Buy would be a great place to work.  I bet you'll get a company discount

Written By: Womble on 11/08/09 at 5:13 pm

and if that happened,would you sue?

I'd be dead, no?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/08/09 at 5:46 pm

Congratulations! Best Buy sounds like it would be a cool place to work.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/09 at 6:31 am

I'd be dead, no?

probably hurt.

Written By: Midas on 11/09/09 at 9:05 am

Congrats Brian! :)

Written By: nally on 11/11/09 at 10:39 pm

Belated congratz to you!! It should be fun to work at a Best Buy. :) I've thought about looking into what kind of jobs they have there, since I have been on the job hunt myself for over a year now.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/09 at 5:29 am

Belated congratz to you!! It should be fun to work at a Best Buy. :) I've thought about looking into what kind of jobs they have there, since I have been on the job hunt myself for over a year now.

So,What Are You Waiting For? ???

::)

Written By: whistledog on 11/12/09 at 11:43 pm

So,What Are You Waiting For? ???

::)

Happy Birthday Howard :)

Written By: MLB on 11/12/09 at 11:50 pm

I WANT a job!!  I just did 8 months of technical college for pc repair and  systems admin and the best buy online application said the store i wanted wasn't open for new positions when 2 weeks ago a gal at the geek squad desk assured me they were! ARRRGH!  So, now I have to go back and talk to the gal who hires and see if I can get an interview with my schooling but limited job experience on my resume.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/09 at 6:37 am

Happy Birthday Howard :)

You're 4 months behind.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/09 at 6:38 am

I WANT a job!!  I just did 8 months of technical college for pc repair and  systems admin and the best buy online application said the store i wanted wasn't open for new positions when 2 weeks ago a gal at the geek squad desk assured me they were! ARRRGH!  So, now I have to go back and talk to the gal who hires and see if I can get an interview with my schooling but limited job experience on my resume.

Good Luck Michelle. :)

Written By: Tam on 11/13/09 at 9:41 am

Good for you Brian!
I have a feeling you are going to enjoy it, and you will probably get a regular job out of it. I feel bad for you though, because now you are more than likely going to be working on Black Friday... heck, I feel sorry for anyone who has to work on Black Friday... ;)

Written By: Brian06 on 11/14/09 at 11:28 pm

I had orientation yesterday, it was pretty cool, very professional environment. Mainly learned about company policies and how to approach customers, etc. First 2 weeks is training, I'll only be working Sunday and Friday for 4 hours each day mainly observing other employees and they have some tests I'll have to take. Hopefully I do well.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/09 at 6:46 am

I had orientation yesterday, it was pretty cool, very professional environment. Mainly learned about company policies and how to approach customers, etc. First 2 weeks is training, I'll only be working Sunday and Friday for 4 hours each day mainly observing other employees and they have some tests I'll have to take. Hopefully I do well.

Good Luck,you'll do well.  ;)

Written By: Brian06 on 11/16/09 at 12:42 am

Good Luck,you'll do well.  ;)

Thanks Howard.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/16/09 at 5:34 am

Do you like the pay?

Written By: Womble on 11/16/09 at 9:02 am

Good Luck, Brian.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/09 at 12:29 pm

its a good time to do it jeff what with their need for seasonal help...plus the Best Buy is walking distance to Chick-fil-a  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/09 at 12:31 pm

Good for you Brian!
I have a feeling you are going to enjoy it, and you will probably get a regular job out of it. I feel bad for you though, because now you are more than likely going to be working on Black Friday... heck, I feel sorry for anyone who has to work on Black Friday... ;)

that's me... I have to start work at 2am... I have missed black friday every year for the last 5 years  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 11/21/09 at 6:50 pm

that's me... I have to start work at 2am... I have missed black friday every year for the last 5 years  :\'(

Wow,2 in the morning,How do you function?  :o ???

Written By: Brian06 on 11/22/09 at 1:51 am

I work at 4:30 am Black Friday lmao.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/09 at 6:36 am

and try to stay awake as best as possible. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 10:24 am

Wow,2 in the morning,How do you function?  :o ???

I sleep in the afternoon.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 10:25 am

don't forget to post the really good deals here first  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/22/09 at 7:29 pm

I sleep in the afternoon.

that's a good strategy.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 7:43 pm

that's a good strategy.

I think so!

Written By: Howard on 11/22/09 at 8:10 pm

I think so!

Do you get tired on the job?

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 8:32 pm

Do you get tired on the job?

always

Written By: Howard on 11/23/09 at 5:38 am

always

Who doesn't.

Written By: Womble on 11/23/09 at 8:25 pm

I work at a BBY Service Center and was given off on Black Friday (I had to use a personal day to get paid) because we're getting no parts delivered. The Carriers are off for the Holiday. Without parts there's no work to do.

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/09 at 8:26 pm

I work at a BBY Service Center and was given off on Black Friday (I had to use a personal day to get paid) because we're getting no parts delivered. The Carriers are off for the Holiday. Without parts there's no work to do.

LUCKY!!!

Written By: Howard on 11/24/09 at 6:36 am

I don't have a day off on Friday so imagine what Friday morning/afternoon might be like.  :o

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/09 at 1:58 pm

I don't have a day off on Friday so imagine what Friday morning/afternoon might be like.  :o

probably not that bad what with people looking for deals for christmas groceries will be the last thing on their mind... plus they should have all that left over turkey to eat... 

Written By: Howard on 11/24/09 at 3:08 pm

probably not that bad what with people looking for deals for christmas groceries will be the last thing on their mind... plus they should have all that left over turkey to eat... 

and a lot of exchanges going on,I have 10-2 that Friday so that means I get to go home by 2 so I can avoid the evening rush.

Check for new replies or respond here...