inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A few things I want to say

Written By: Bobo on 12/24/09 at 7:43 pm

*serious face*

I'm 23 now. Nobody would peg me as the only man of my age still with (or without, as the case may appear at times) the cojones to sing the descant parts to "Adeste Fidelis", in the original Latin, at this same time once every year. By myself, of course, in the privacy of my own.. you know.

You can't say this year hasn't gone well. Everything is as it should be and I feel much saner coming out this end than I was going in the other end. I feel a million miles away from the person I was at the start of the calendar year. And I only hope that it shows. Nothing like a good boot up the proverbial backside to help me along.

Of course, Christmas Day, to those who have been around long enough to remember, brings great sadness to a certain few on the messageboard. And as I do every year, I wish to pay my respects, equally thankful and sorrowful, to our dear friend Scorpian, who left us seven years ago today. I look back and I remember the sweetness, the kindness, but ultimately the fragility of what we never knew was to come. I can't say that it doesn't break my heart every Christmas to think of what might have been.

We have some happiness in the family, too. Things are going in the right direction, and within the next five and a half weeks, we will officially have a new member of the family, as my brother gets married. And a more wonderful sister-in-law I couldn't have possibly hoped for.

And to my dearest friends on the board, those who have stuck by me through everything I've been through, while I can't always claim to have been 100 percent helpful as a friend throughout these times, you know that I will always have you in my thoughts.

To all of you, may you have the most wonderful of Christmases. And don't do anything too ridiculous!

Subject: Re: A few things I want to say

Written By: wildcard on 12/26/09 at 12:50 am

cool  you know, the good stuff and lets keep on going.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/26/09 at 8:38 am

*serious face*

I'm 23 now. Nobody would peg me as the only man of my age still with (or without, as the case may appear at times) the cojones to sing the descant parts to "Adeste Fidelis", in the original Latin, at this same time once every year. By myself, of course, in the privacy of my own.. you know.

You can't say this year hasn't gone well. Everything is as it should be and I feel much saner coming out this end than I was going in the other end. I feel a million miles away from the person I was at the start of the calendar year. And I only hope that it shows. Nothing like a good boot up the proverbial backside to help me along.

Of course, Christmas Day, to those who have been around long enough to remember, brings great sadness to a certain few on the messageboard. And as I do every year, I wish to pay my respects, equally thankful and sorrowful, to our dear friend Scorpian, who left us seven years ago today. I look back and I remember the sweetness, the kindness, but ultimately the fragility of what we never knew was to come. I can't say that it doesn't break my heart every Christmas to think of what might have been.

We have some happiness in the family, too. Things are going in the right direction, and within the next five and a half weeks, we will officially have a new member of the family, as my brother gets married. And a more wonderful sister-in-law I couldn't have possibly hoped for.

And to my dearest friends on the board, those who have stuck by me through everything I've been through, while I can't always claim to have been 100 percent helpful as a friend throughout these times, you know that I will always have you in my thoughts.

To all of you, may you have the most wonderful of Christmases. And don't do anything too ridiculous!
"Loves" to you and yours!  Thanks for being there!

And each and everyone of you are great!

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/10 at 8:20 am

Wonderful sentiments Bobo and I am so glad, like me, coming out of this year was better than going into it - all the best to you, lad. For 23, you show a heck of a lot of maturity so don't worry about what makes you feel good. If that means singing 'Adeste Fidelis' then you go ahead and do it. 8)

As for me, my grandad died this Boxing Day gone, I wasn't close to him and it has been on the cards for years (smoking related) but it isn't nice to see how a person's death effects family and loved ones so I feel for anyone how remembers bad times around the festive period.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/02/10 at 9:51 am

Wonderful sentiments Bobo and I am so glad, like me, coming out of this year was better than going into it - all the best to you, lad. For 23, you show a heck of a lot of maturity so don't worry about what makes you feel good. If that means singing 'Adeste Fidelis' then you go ahead and do it. 8)

As for me, my grandad died this Boxing Day gone, I wasn't close to him and it has been on the cards for years (smoking related) but it isn't nice to see how a person's death effects family and loved ones so I feel for anyone how remembers bad times around the festive period.

Sorry about your grandad, Bobby.  Holidays are never a good time to lose someone. 

Great to see you poke your head in around here, though. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/10 at 11:47 am

I am sorry, My friend. ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/02/10 at 2:39 pm

I'm sorry about your grandad Bob.  :(

Written By: Bobby on 01/28/10 at 6:47 am

Sorry about your grandad, Bobby.  Holidays are never a good time to lose someone. 

Great to see you poke your head in around here, though. :)

I am sorry, My friend. ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

I'm sorry about your grandad Bob.  :(

Thanks for the condolences but it's cool, I wasn't particularly emotional about it and saw the whole thing as inevitable. I'm just surprised it didn't happen earlier. My grandad didn't seem happy in this life so whatever happens after this I hope he is at peace.

Written By: Howard on 01/28/10 at 6:48 am

Thanks for the condolences but it's cool, I wasn't particularly emotional about it and saw the whole thing as inevitable. I'm just surprised it didn't happen earlier. My grandad didn't seem happy in this life so whatever happens after this I hope he is at peace.

That's good that he's in peace now.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...