inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So, what did Santa bring you?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/25/09 at 6:32 am

Santa was very good to me.  He left me a gift certificate for Barnes and Nobles, some stuff from Bath and Body works and a box of cookies. :)

Subject: Re: So, what did Santa bring you?

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/09 at 10:36 am

I got a Margaritaville Machine, and some margarita glasses, On the Border Margarita Mix in A Bucket, and some wine glasses ( :-\\ is there a pattern here :-\\)

I wonder if next year I am going to get a Gift Certificate to AA :P

Sad thing is, I loved all of these gifts better than the diamond "bangle" Jason got me for our Anniversary :P

Written By: KKay on 12/25/09 at 11:24 am

This was the best Christmas ever!  After years of being given stuff I couldnt use nor want  (from the stbx) the people I love got me things I need and want.  I love them all!!!

A small digital camera, a portable hard drive, a gps for the car, a watch, wool socks, memory cards, a bathrobe, wine, a bcbg max azria dress, a book on ski technique, some good sweaters, and a small flat screen t v.

Very technical...but very very useful and great.  My mom and dad have been so generous and wonderful to me this year and I look forward to repaying them.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/25/09 at 12:49 pm

What did Santa bring us? Gift Cards, Clothes, Jewelry, Movie Certificates, etc. He's always good to me and the fam!

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 1:50 pm

I got a Margaritaville Machine, and some margarita glasses, On the Border Margarita Mix in A Bucket, and some wine glasses ( :-\\ is there a pattern here :-\\)

I wonder if next year I am going to get a Gift Certificate to AA :P

Sad thing is, I loved all of these gifts better than the diamond "bangle" Jason got me for our Anniversary :P

;D  more likely you'll get a GF to Starbucks so you can provide the coffee for your first (free) AA meeting... perhaps they'll stick a flyer for the closest meeting in your stocking... with any luck they'll host it at your school so you wont even have to drive to it.  ;) 

sorry about the bracelet be in LTE soon read more.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 1:55 pm

I got my Guitar Hero Drum set
the first Dexter book (it was a book before it was a series)
a framed 8x10 of my parents from their last cruise
something stupid (a stuffed animal computer screen cleaner).... it might be a frog maybe I will send it to dag! 
a sweat shirt I will never wear
$80 gift card to Barnes & Noble... I wasn't supposed to get that but my mom and I were in the store and their friend usually sends enough for all three of us - when I jokingly mentioned  being left out this year she gave me her portion  ::)  I tried to give it back but she wouldn't let me.

I also got myself gift cards from Best buy and Amazon so whoo hoo I will be shopping soon!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/25/09 at 1:56 pm

DVD player, Watchmen Ulimate Cut DVD, stuffed Olympic mascot, and gift certifcates.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 4:01 pm

oh I forgot my mom told my dad's god daughter (she's two years older than me, moved to AZ this summer, and has a 12 yr old son who my parents have adopted as a grandchild  :) )  anyway she asked my mom for gift ideas... my mom told her to check out my amazon gift list... I don't know who's gift list she found but she bought me a baking cooling rack... I haven't baked in like 5 years.... even those hershy's pies I make were all about melting and refrigerating but it was nice of her to think of me.... anyone want a cooling rack  ::)

Written By: Frank on 12/25/09 at 4:08 pm

Our family open our gifts after midnight.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 4:09 pm

Our family open our gifts after midnight.

so on the 26th? 

Written By: Frank on 12/25/09 at 4:28 pm

so on the 26th? 

Yup..I have my reasons to do so.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 4:31 pm

that's cool! it makes the suspense last longer...

Written By: Dagwood on 12/25/09 at 6:27 pm

something stupid (a stuffed animal computer screen cleaner).... it might be a frog maybe I will send it to dag! 

How did you know I like frogs? ;)

I got a new microwave, a DVD player, socks and the new Stephen King book, Under The Dome.  Then the usual case of toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap, garbage bags, etc.  I love my mom's practical side. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 12/25/09 at 7:11 pm

All I got was a bunch of PS3 games.  I already know what I get each year now, so the suspense is no longer there for me, which I don't mind.  I'd rather give than receive.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 7:11 pm

I got a new microwave, a DVD player, socks and the new Stephen King book, Under The Dome.   Then the usual case of toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap, garbage bags, etc.  I love my mom's practical side. ;D

I must have read it somewhere! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 7:12 pm

I spent an Amazon gift card I got myself and ended up getting

Pushing Daisies Season 2 on Blu Ray... and ER seasons 3, 6, 7 & 8  8)

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/25/09 at 7:37 pm

Nordstrom, Kohls, and Barnes and Noble gift cards, fashion jewelry, books, and fragrances.  :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/25/09 at 8:29 pm

A bluetooth camera phone, some PS3 games, some Bakugan, Johnny Cash and REO Speedwagon CDs, Nerf Marauder Longsword, and lots of other stuff.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/09 at 8:54 pm

I got my Guitar Hero Drum set
the first Dexter book (it was a book before it was a series)
a framed 8x10 of my parents from their last cruise
a sweat shirt I will never wear
$80 gift card to Barnes & Noble... I wasn't supposed to get that but my mom and I were in the store and their friend usually sends enough for all three of us - when I jokingly mentioned  being left out this year she gave me her portion  ::)   I tried to give it back but she wouldn't let me.

I also got myself gift cards from Best buy and Amazon so whoo hoo I will be shopping soon!

So you did get a book and money for more books - you can ignore my post in LTE about read more then 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/09 at 8:55 pm

tis cool 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/09 at 8:56 pm

that's cool! it makes the suspense last longer...
not sure if that could work for me  :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/09 at 8:57 pm

I got a new microwave, a DVD player, socks and the new Stephen King book, Under The Dome.   Then the usual case of toilet paper, paper towels, laundry soap, garbage bags, etc.  I love my mom's practical side. ;D
lucky guess ???

Written By: nally on 12/25/09 at 10:05 pm

The 2010 World Almanac
Two new pairs of pants
A new sweater
A 4GB flash disk
Chocolate candy

...and that's about it.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 10:10 pm

So you did get a book and money for more books - you can ignore my post in LTE about read more then 8)

ha ha. I also got two books for my birthday.
I have to confess tho the b&n gc is going towards DVDs.
Well it's not really a confession- you should been able to work that out on your own lol

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/25/09 at 10:11 pm

ha ha. I also got two books for my birthday.
I have to confess tho the b&n gc is going towards DVDs.
Well it's not really a confession- you should been able to work that out on your own lol
They sell DVD's ???? 

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 10:31 pm

They sell DVD's ???? 

girl you need to spend less time drinking and more time shopping online  ;)

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/u/DVD-Movies-Box-Sets-TV-Show-DVDs/379000696/

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/25/09 at 10:57 pm

Hubby got me the third season of Dexter on DVD!  Woot!

Mom got me some Bath & Body works soap and lotion and a kitty cat dish towel.

Hubby got a Star Wars Light saber.

No, we are not geeks.  :D ;D

Cats got to share a can of tuna.

Written By: snozberries on 12/25/09 at 11:51 pm

No, we are not geeks.   :D ;D

YAY!!! now stay out that thread until you get to see season four... there are spoilers revealed!

Written By: wildcard on 12/25/09 at 11:59 pm

my parent's gave me a card with 50$. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/26/09 at 12:09 am

YAY!!! now stay out that thread until you get to see season four... there are spoilers revealed!

lol Too late.  Already read what happened to Rita.  :P  But until I see Jonathon Lithgow in action, there will still be confusion.  lol

Not sure how I'm gonna get to see season 4.  Maybe have to subscribe to Showtime to see if they have reruns on demand.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 12/26/09 at 12:12 am

lol Too late.  Already read what happened to Rita.   :P  But until I see Jonathon Lithgow in action, there will still be confusion.  lol

Not sure how I'm gonna get to see season 4.  Maybe have to subscribe to Showtime to see if they have reruns on demand.   :-\\

sorry... it was truly a holy crap moment tho and you will still be able to appreciate the way it unfolds...plus that moment between Dex and Lithgow's character is way more layered when you know the ending.  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/26/09 at 7:36 am

I also received a book on the Civil War from my Uncle. 8)  Some socks and the book Eclipse.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/26/09 at 7:51 am

No, we are not geeks.   :D ;D

Awesome!

Written By: KKay on 12/26/09 at 8:21 am

I cannot believe there were no books under the tree for me.  I am always given books.  This is good and bad.  Bad cuz I love books but good because my family did great with all the technology they threw at me.

Written By: Little_devil_rider on 12/26/09 at 10:36 am

Lets see, I got a laptop, xbox360 games, a cool mouse for my laptop, shirts, money, dart board. and one gift is late so i still don't know what it is sooo.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/09 at 11:48 am

A nasty cold.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Frank on 12/26/09 at 10:35 pm

A nasty cold.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

I think you have 10 days to return that to Santa as long as you have the receipt

Written By: Howard on 12/27/09 at 6:48 am

I think you have 10 days to return that to Santa as long as you have the receipt

and don't forget the elves too.

Written By: nally on 12/27/09 at 1:11 pm

LOL ;D

Written By: Henk on 12/27/09 at 4:31 pm

Santa didn't bring me zilch. Which is good, 'cause I can't stand the guy. :P

Written By: Howard on 12/27/09 at 6:43 pm

me too,he's overrated. :P

Written By: Henk on 12/28/09 at 3:31 am

me too,he's overrated. :P

Not too mention oversized. ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/28/09 at 5:24 am

Not too mention oversized. ;)

and always hungry,I mean what's up with the milk and cookies? Why not something nice and warm like hot cocoa or tea?

Written By: Frank on 12/28/09 at 4:46 pm

Henk Vs Santa is a wrestling cage match to decide which one lives.

Go Henk!

Written By: Howard on 12/28/09 at 5:11 pm

Henk Vs Santa is a wrestling cage match to decide which one lives.

Go Henk!

by disqualification.

Written By: Gis on 12/29/09 at 3:48 pm

I got an I-pod, even my mother said 'oh dear another piece of technology for you to break'  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/09 at 3:51 pm

I got an I-pod, even my mother said 'oh dear another piece of technology for you to break'  ;D

;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/09 at 6:59 pm

You can't break em...  Atleast it has not been possible, in our family (first by me and then by the rest).  I have iPod Nano (first generation :o), iPod Classic, a shuffle (don't remember which one), and 2 iPhones (the first and the second - not the current)...  They have been passed down to kids and hubby, and they are all still working.

You should love it 8)

Written By: KKay on 12/29/09 at 7:03 pm

^ I know of three broken ones, just stopped no reason.

BUT if you are gentle and nice to your gear, it will take good care of you too.  it was a fun, tekky holiday!

Written By: Womble on 12/29/09 at 7:04 pm

A new pair of pajamas.  :)

Written By: nally on 12/29/09 at 8:10 pm

^ I know of three broken ones, just stopped no reason.

BUT if you are gentle and nice to your gear, it will take good care of you too.  it was a fun, tekky holiday!

That's true...which is why I've been extra gentle and nice to my sunglasses; if I break them they cannot protect my eyes.

Written By: karen on 12/29/09 at 11:09 pm

I had a fleece turtleneck neckwarmer thingummy from the kids.  It was all santa could fit into the suitcase!

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/09 at 11:29 pm

I had a fleece turtleneck neckwarmer thingummy from the kids.  It was all santa could fit into the suitcase!

betcha its keeps ya nice and toasty!!!!  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/29/09 at 11:49 pm

Well my dear friend, that just means you packed way too much stuff ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/30/09 at 6:42 am

You can't break em...  Atleast it has not been possible, in our family (first by me and then by the rest).  I have iPod Nano (first generation :o), iPod Classic, a shuffle (don't remember which one), and 2 iPhones (the first and the second - not the current)...  They have been passed down to kids and hubby, and they are all still working.

You should love it 8)

Wow,and I remember when The Sony Walkman was the christmas present.

Written By: Gis on 12/30/09 at 9:26 am

You should love it 8)
I just seem to have this 'effect' on technology. I have killed 3 MP3 players so far, they just stopped working for no apparent reason. Himself has dropped his many times, it's even been through the wash and come out fine! Yet I take care of mine and they just.....die.

I admit I do have high hopes for the I-pod lasting.  :)

Written By: karen on 12/30/09 at 10:57 am

Well my dear friend, that just means you packed way too much stuff ;D

It was tricky working out how many presents would fit into the cases without the kids spotting them.

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/30/09 at 12:25 pm

I just seem to have this 'effect' on technology. I have killed 3 MP3 players so far, they just stopped working for no apparent reason. Himself has dropped his many times, it's even been through the wash and come out fine! Yet I take care of mine and they just.....die.

I admit I do have high hopes for the I-pod lasting.  :)
I recommend the clear acrylic - shock absorber, covers (and keep them on them) - all of mine have them.  I swear by them (take them off monthly to clean the crud)!

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/30/09 at 12:27 pm

It was tricky working out how many presents would fit into the cases without the kids spotting them.
I am sure!  I remember last year going to Disney, and we came home Christmas eve...

Written By: lola669 on 12/30/09 at 12:54 pm

Nada!!!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...