inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Name a scent and the memories that surround it

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/27/10 at 12:04 pm

I was making some toast this morning and all of a sudden it reminded me of when I would spend the night at my grandparent's house when I was little. My grandma would always make toast with tea in the morning and my grandpap would be sitting there reading the paper and drinking his coffee.

Another scent that reminds me of my childhood is the smell of melted butter and onions. It reminds me of every Thanksgiving morning when my mom would be making her homemade stuffing to put in the turkey. I would be sitting there watching the Macy's Day Parade and that scent would be coming from the kitchen. YUM!

Subject: Re: Name a scent and the memories that surround it

Written By: Dagwood on 01/27/10 at 12:07 pm

Roast cooking in the oven reminds me of my grandmas house.  We would go over on Sundays for dinner and she would always be cooking a roast.  It made her house feel warm and inviting.

Written By: Howard on 01/27/10 at 2:55 pm

the smell of eggs,bacon and sausage my Mother used to make on a Sunday morning for me and my brother.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/27/10 at 7:27 pm

Stetson!  My very first boyfriend wore it  8-P

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/10 at 6:30 am

In the fall we used to be able to burn leaves in the back yard.  I loved the smell of burning leaves.

Written By: Howard on 01/28/10 at 6:35 am

the smell of Brut cologne my brother used to wear.

Check for new replies or respond here...