inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I need music to drown out a the screams of a child throwing a fit..

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/11/10 at 5:39 pm

Neal wouldn't eat dinner (again), so upstairs he went.  He's been yelling his fool head off for the past ten minutes.  I need some decent music to drown out the noise.

Subject: Re: I need music to drown out a the screams of a child throwing a fit..

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/11/10 at 5:41 pm

oh too funny... I fire up winamp and "Hell is For Children" is at the top of the playlist.  I put it on random, and I get "Shut Up" by Madness...

Subject: Re: I need music to drown out a the screams of a child throwing a fit..

Written By: karen on 03/11/10 at 5:49 pm

;D

We could come up with a whole playlist!

Sit Down - James
Little Children - Billy J Kramer

Written By: Jessica on 03/11/10 at 5:59 pm

Eat It -Weird Al

Written By: Howard on 03/11/10 at 7:15 pm

Can it be loud heavy metal music?  ???

Written By: nally on 03/11/10 at 11:21 pm

oh too funny... I fire up winamp and "Hell is For Children" is at the top of the playlist.  I put it on random, and I get "Shut Up" by Madness...

Eat It -Weird Al

;D

We could come up with a whole playlist!

Sit Down - James
Little Children - Billy J Kramer

Those are great suggestions! :D

Written By: Frank on 03/11/10 at 11:22 pm

Helter Skelter - Beatles       

that never was associated with anything bad now, was it?

When I want to hear loud music and drown out the world, I usually listen to "The Song remains the same" by Led Zeppelin, or "Rock n Roll " by Led Zeppelin.

Written By: Howard on 03/12/10 at 6:53 am

"Let The Bodies Hit The Floor".

Written By: danootaandme on 03/12/10 at 7:26 am

Why won't he eat?

Written By: Jessica on 03/12/10 at 10:06 am

Why won't he eat?

Probably for the same reason Jason won't eat: no reason at all.  Jason acts like I'm force feeding him poison every time I make him eat dinner.  My cooking is not THAT bad.  Sheesh.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/12/10 at 12:14 pm

Probably for the same reason Jason won't eat: no reason at all.  Jason acts like I'm force feeding him poison every time I make him eat dinner.  My cooking is not THAT bad.  Sheesh.

kind of.. a few weeks ago we had a bad case of norovirus hit each of us in turn.  Neal seemed to get over it quickly, but then he started with "I can't eat, I'm sick" every night at dinner time.  At first we assumed he was still a bit sick (it takes forever to get over it).  However we took him to the doctor Monday and he got a clean bill of health.  Now it seems like he just has a new "learned" behavior we have to unlearn.  Two nights this week he refused to eat dinner with us, and two nights this week he was sent to his room to cry and scream. 

He'll learn eventually that we're not going to give in and start making a separate meal for just him. There's enough spoiled people in this world, I don't feel like raising another.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/12/10 at 1:28 pm

Good for you for un-spoiling him! 

There was a kid screaming his way through the grocery store the other day, for a good half an hour.  I wanted to murder his parents.  And neither of them did anything.  They just carried him around and let him scream.  And he was probably four years old.  I wanted to walk up to them and tell them to take his ass out to the car.

Written By: 2kidsami on 03/12/10 at 1:49 pm

Good for you for un-spoiling him! 

There was a kid screaming his way through the grocery store the other day, for a good half an hour.  I wanted to murder his parents.  And neither of them did anything.  They just carried him around and let him scream.  And he was probably four years old.  I wanted to walk up to them and tell them to take his ass out to the car.
My kids no I have HAD it if they make it to the car!!!  It is a very ugly ride home - they do not want to go there!  Works though - I can take them anywhere, and they will (normlly) behave very well!

To Chucky G - congratulations on winning your first couple of battles, no matter how frustrating ( if you give in - you will give in for life). Stick to your guns!  It's healthy for all!

Written By: Jessica on 03/12/10 at 3:30 pm

kind of.. a few weeks ago we had a bad case of norovirus hit each of us in turn.  Neal seemed to get over it quickly, but then he started with "I can't eat, I'm sick" every night at dinner time.  At first we assumed he was still a bit sick (it takes forever to get over it).  However we took him to the doctor Monday and he got a clean bill of health.  Now it seems like he just has a new "learned" behavior we have to unlearn.  Two nights this week he refused to eat dinner with us, and two nights this week he was sent to his room to cry and scream. 

He'll learn eventually that we're not going to give in and start making a separate meal for just him. There's enough spoiled people in this world, I don't feel like raising another.

Amen to that.

Jason has one hour to eat his dinner.  He has no choice.  If he takes longer than an hour, on purpose (he thinks it will go away if he eats slow), he gets no dessert.  I figure one hour is plenty of time since he doesn't get tremendous portions.

Written By: karen on 03/12/10 at 4:26 pm

Amen to that.

Jason has one hour to eat his dinner.  He has no choice.  If he takes longer than an hour, on purpose (he thinks it will go away if he eats slow), he gets no dessert.  I figure one hour is plenty of time since he doesn't get tremendous portions.

We used to set the kitchen timer on James for 10 minutes after everyone else was finished eating.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/12/10 at 4:41 pm

kind of.. a few weeks ago we had a bad case of norovirus hit each of us in turn.  Neal seemed to get over it quickly, but then he started with "I can't eat, I'm sick" every night at dinner time.  At first we assumed he was still a bit sick (it takes forever to get over it).  However we took him to the doctor Monday and he got a clean bill of health.  Now it seems like he just has a new "learned" behavior we have to unlearn.   Two nights this week he refused to eat dinner with us, and two nights this week he was sent to his room to cry and scream. 

My mother would cook dinner, we sat at the table, we ate or we didn't, but we sat. If we didn't eat then no desert and no cooking something else to cover it.  A night or two hungry would take care of it, and if it is a favorite desert so much the worse.  Going to your room for not eating and engaging in a screaming fit kind of invites trouble that could lead to food as a weapon.  Try like my parents, much less drama

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/12/10 at 6:47 pm

"Let The Bodies Hit The Floor".

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR! LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!

Written By: Henk on 03/12/10 at 6:52 pm

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR! LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!

Hey, happy (almost) birthday, man. :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/13/10 at 8:31 am

well he definitely ate last night.  he did drag it out as much as possible.  we'll see what tonight is like >grin<

Sometimes you just have to let the child be a pain in the ass and ignore them.  They don't want to be there, so they're hoping the parents will put them in the car (or leave).  It's annoying for everyone around you, but sometimes it's the only way they learn. 

Neal has his good days in stores, and his bad ones.  Usually if it's a place with a toy section (every damn store it seems) he's told that if he behaves we can look (not buy) after Mom and Dad have gone through the store for what they want. One of the times he wouldn't behave, so no toy visit, and guess what, he rarely acts up anymore. 

I think the most embarrassed I was recently was when a complete stranger said "bye Neal" as we were leaving a store.  We must have called his name a hundred times over the course of half an hour because he wanted to touch EVERYTHING in the store.  That was a tough weekend because we had to be out of the house the entire afternoon and figured we'd hit some antique stores to kill the time.  He did settle down at the next few stores (less toys in those).  Still, when he picks up a matchbox sized toy that has a fifty dollar tag on it, and wants to start ramming it into another like he does at home, you better believe I'm quick to grab his little hands and say his name >grin<.

I think the parents that are the worse, are the ones that tell the child they won't get to do something if they misbehave and then cave in when they start making noise.  Kids need to know that if you say something you mean it.

Check for new replies or respond here...