inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HEY GUYS. AGAIN.

Written By: Ripp on 09/11/10 at 4:16 pm

I keep leaving and returning and LEAVING AND RETURNING

And I'll probably do it again after this haha.

I don't know what to post anymore though, that's the problem. Or where to post.

ANYWAY

HI. AGAIN. Right. Life has been okay and stuff has happened and yeah.

I really just wanted to come back here and say hi and see how everyone's gotten on. So ... how are you, I guess.~

:)

Subject: Re: HEY GUYS. AGAIN.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/10 at 5:03 pm

Welcome back. Don't worry about not knowing what to post. A lot of people around here don't know what to post but that doesn't stop them so why should it stop you.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I do hope you stick around.

Cat

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/11/10 at 9:45 pm

I haven't been here long, so sadly, I don't remember you... but I'm welcomed to make your acquaintance.

Written By: wildcard on 09/11/10 at 10:50 pm

I'm posting less myself lately and don't think I remember you. Hi

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/11/10 at 10:58 pm

Hello again!

Written By: Howard on 09/12/10 at 7:25 am

Hi Ripp.  :)

Written By: Ripp on 09/12/10 at 9:01 am

Hey Cat! :D Haha, well, I'm a lot more panicky about what people think about me / whether I'm annoying people than I used to be, when I'd just post for the sake of posting ;D Anyway, how've you been? What've you been up to?

Howard! ;D You been okay since I last spoke to you? It feels like ages (well, it HAS been ages)!

You never really realise how much you've missed people until you meet them again, I think~ :)

I don't really remember you guys, I'm so sorry!! :-\\ For the guys who registered way after me, then there's a reason, but for those who registered when I was active, there's no excuse, unless I just didn't interact with you often enough. :( Sorry!

How are you anyway? Has life treated you well? :)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/12/10 at 11:34 am

Hey Cat! :D Haha, well, I'm a lot more panicky about what people think about me / whether I'm annoying people than I used to be, when I'd just post for the sake of posting ;D Anyway, how've you been? What've you been up to?

Howard! ;D You been okay since I last spoke to you? It feels like ages (well, it HAS been ages)!

You never really realise how much you've missed people until you meet them again, I think~ :)

I don't really remember you guys, I'm so sorry!! :-\\ For the guys who registered way after me, then there's a reason, but for those who registered when I was active, there's no excuse, unless I just didn't interact with you often enough. :( Sorry!

Everything's been fine up until last Wednesday, in which I caught a horrible cold which still lingers today.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/10 at 1:12 pm

I've been ok,Pathmark is going out of business on October 13th.

Written By: Henk on 09/12/10 at 3:27 pm

Hey there. :) I don't think we've interacted (much) in the past, but anyone returning to this board is more than okay in my book. 8)

So...Welcome, again.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/13/10 at 2:55 pm

Hi Ripp!  This place is awesome - you made a good choice in coming back.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 09/13/10 at 7:41 pm

Hiya Ripp. Welcome back.  :)

You don't have to worry about what to say here. Just make your presence known and everything takes care of itself.  8)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/13/10 at 7:43 pm

Hiya Ripp. Welcome back.  :)

You don't have to worry about what to say here. Just make your presence known and everything takes care of itself.  8)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Karma for ya'.

Written By: Bobby on 09/13/10 at 7:45 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself. Karma for ya'.

Thank you.  :)

Written By: seamermar on 09/22/10 at 4:43 pm

Welcome back. Don't worry about not knowing what to post. A lot of people around here don't know what to post but that doesn't stop them so why should it stop you.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I do hope you stick around.

Cat

Me too, I've been wandering for so long, too many things fell on me those last months, but I always got deep inside "inthe00s".

On that I give my word.

English language is not my  best top, despite I stamble over words three times of four, I'll never quite "inthe00s".

I hope to stay as long as I breathe.

As some of you know I'm a Spanish sailor who loves music and smiling folks, so here I am, once more, to trade bubbles and jokes and maybe some tears of sorry, shame and glee.

Grettings to all of you, a friend is  back again.

Written By: Henk on 09/22/10 at 4:56 pm

Me too, I've been wandering for so long, too many things fell on me those last months, but I always got deep inside "inthe00s".

On that I give my word.

English language is not my  best top, despite I stamble over words three times of four, I'll never quite "inthe00s".

As some of you know I'm a Spanish sailor who loves music and smiling folks, so here I am, once more, to trade bubbles and jokes and maybe some tears of sorry, shame and glee.

Welcome back, Paco! :)

Written By: seamermar on 09/22/10 at 5:07 pm

:D thanks Henk, I feel better now that I talk to some good friends again.

He...and sorry for the defeat, I hope you understand.... I'm not a football fan, but that was so exciting indeed.

As for me, I love have a Dutch-friend.

I see some few things have changed on the boards....it's yours that nice face as your avatar ?

I'm gonna do my best Henk, with some of yor help ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/22/10 at 5:15 pm

On that I give my word.

English language is not my  best top, despite I stamble over words three times of four, I'll never quite "inthe00s".

Grettings to all of you, a friend is  back again.
Welcome back  8)

I know your Spanish, but every time I read your poetry I read it with an irish accent - weird :D

Written By: wildcard on 09/22/10 at 5:16 pm

I see a name over here I haven't seen in a while

Written By: seamermar on 09/22/10 at 5:32 pm

Welcome back  8)

I know your Spanish, but every time I read your poetry I read it with an irish accent - weird :D

As I love a lot Emerald Isle, where someday I would like to land and wander around , I'm gonna take as a compliment your words.
I'm easy being your Irish whispering if you want it, nevertheless...
I remember to broadcast my voice lont time ago, just in case you decide to break the spell ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/10 at 5:52 pm

On that I give my word.

Welcome back.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/22/10 at 8:48 pm

Queriodo Paco,
muchos alegramos a su regres=apaco
Y esperamos y tu quetar con nosotros
por muchos tiempos futeramos

Dear Paco, Your poetry in  English is much better than my feeble attempt in spanish, but please accept it as a sincere welcome.  I look forward to taking to you about sailing, since moving under those "big white flopping thinks" has been a passion with me all my life.

Written By: Howard on 09/23/10 at 7:14 am

Hey Paco,long time no see,How's things?  :)

Written By: Step-chan on 09/23/10 at 11:15 am

Hey man!

Written By: Bobby on 09/23/10 at 4:51 pm

It's nice to see old faces again. Welcome back Seamermar.  8)

Written By: seamermar on 09/24/10 at 7:06 am

Queriodo Paco,
muchos alegramos a su regres=apaco
Y esperamos y tu quetar con nosotros
por muchos tiempos futeramos

Dear Paco, Your poetry in  English is much better than my feeble attempt in spanish, but please accept it as a sincere welcome.  I look forward to taking to you about sailing, since moving under those "big white flopping thinks" has been a passion with me all my life.

I'm glad to hear my poetry wasn't a clumsy writing on the threads  ::)  :)
After all, when I become penguin I always do my very best.

As for your Spanish out of a traslator, I guess..
I got nothing to say, but my many thanks  ;)

I'll be around for more than a while, on that you can rest asured
and the more my English grows, I'm gonna tell you the more
Sailings and hikings fulfill my lifestyle when I'm out-doors
And talking and sharing my lifetime when I'm "inthe00s".

Si here I'm Carlos, and I can't say no more......so far, of course 8)

Written By: seamermar on 09/24/10 at 7:11 am

Hey Paco,long time no see,How's things?  :)

A whole lot indeed Howie, but I need some time to arrange my ideas and a dictionnary to catch up with the properly words.

But I got a trawl net and a little time to fish them  ;)

Written By: seamermar on 09/24/10 at 7:22 am

It's nice to see old faces again. Welcome back Seamermar.  8)

Luckily you can't see in my pic, neither the bold wrinkles nor the darkened teeth  ::)

It's better get flattered than bitten by a man constantly building muscles

Thanks Bobby, and there it goes mine :  I kinda love your comments...and maybe your muscles as well, But I doubt who is its owner, pal

Written By: Henk on 09/24/10 at 1:42 pm

:D thanks Henk, I feel better now that I talk to some good friends again.

He...and sorry for the defeat, I hope you understand.... I'm not a football fan, but that was so exciting indeed.

We let you win. ;) It's much more fun to beat Brazil in the 2014 final. :D ;D

As for me, I love have a Dutch-friend.

I see some few things have changed on the boards....it's yours that nice face as your avatar ?

Indeed it is.

I'm gonna do my best Henk, with some of yor help ;)

We're all here to help you, Paco. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/24/10 at 2:42 pm

How's fishing coming along?

Written By: seamermar on 09/24/10 at 3:33 pm

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr334/seamermar/Onto%20waves/th_Proudofmydouble-redyellowflag.jpg

Thanks Henk. It was a wonderful sail,
for you let me wave a cautious distant hail
mainly because the sitting orange guys
weren't able to follow my trail.

Just a mockery to say hello  :D

Written By: seamermar on 09/24/10 at 4:00 pm

How's fishing coming along?

Well Howard, by the moment fishing boats around here don't go any better. You know the sea is abused and mismanned, and fishermen have bad times ahead.
Few fish at sea, all around the world is the same sad story. Big fishing trawlers have exhausted what seemed to be an endless pantry.

Politicians don't give a hoot, whether you and I tomorrow have no food  >:(

Written By: Bobby on 09/24/10 at 4:10 pm

Luckily you can't see in my pic, neither the bold wrinkles nor the darkened teeth  ::)

It's better get flattered than bitten by a man constantly building muscles

Hi, I didn't mean 'old faces' as in you are old. I meant 'old faces' as in I remember you were here some time back and it is nice to see you here again. :)

That muscular person in my avatar isn't me, it is a picture of my favourite wrestler The Ultimate Warrior.

Thanks Bobby, and there it goes mine :  I kinda love your comments...and maybe your muscles as well, But I doubt who is its owner, pal

I am the first to say that muscle person in my avatar isn't me, ha ha. My picture is in the picture threads somewhere. Though I have lost a bit more weight since then.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/24/10 at 4:11 pm

Well Howard, by the moment fishing boats around here don't go any better. You know the sea is abused and mismanned, and fishermen have bad times ahead.
Few fish at sea, all around the world is the same sad story. Big fishing trawlers have exhausted what seemed to be an endless pantry.

Politicians don't give a hoot, whether you and I tomorrow have no food  >:(

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  I am afraid that you are so right. It just saddens me.

Cat

Written By: seamermar on 09/24/10 at 4:49 pm

Right Bobby , I knew your comment meant just what you say, but I got a mocking side I can't refrain, and when the joker got his chance, there he goes !!
My son loved John Cena, as for me Sheena could drag me to end of love and over the rainbow.

Lot of pals are obsessed with the idea of building muscles, but many of them usually forget the main thing.... the brain to think  8)

It's not at all your case ::)

Written By: seamermar on 09/24/10 at 4:55 pm

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  I am afraid that you are so right. It just saddens me.

Cat

I hate I am right, at less at this point  >:(

BP has put a pretty pass to make shrimps pass away all along Florida's bay :\'(

Written By: Bobby on 09/24/10 at 4:56 pm

Right Bobby , I knew your comment meant just what you say, but I got a mocking side I can't refrain, and when the joker got his chance, there he goes !!
My son loved John Cena, as for me Sheena could drag me to end of love and over the rainbow.

;D

That's cool, I am glad. I didn't want you to think I was offending you. I preferred John Cena when he first started before the white rapper thing. He doesn't look comfortable with it.

Lot of pals are obsessed with the idea of building muscles, but many of them usually forget the main thing.... the brain to think  8)

It's not at all your case ::)

Of course. It's a case of balance. Keeping fit is great as long as it doesn't take over other important things in life too.

And thank you. It's nice to be called intelligent.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/24/10 at 7:21 pm

I'm glad to hear my poetry wasn't a clumsy writing on the threads   ::)  :)
After all, when I become penguin I always do my very best.

As for your Spanish out of a traslator, I guess..
I got nothing to say, but my many thanks  ;)

I'll be around for more than a while, on that you can rest asured
and the more my English grows, I'm gonna tell you the more
Sailings and hikings fulfill my lifestyle when I'm out-doors
And talking and sharing my lifetime when I'm "inthe00s".

Si here I'm Carlos, and I can't say no more......so far, of course 8)
[/quote

No, out of my limited vocabulary and grammar, but I am trying to improve, since we will be living in Puerto Rico for several month out of each year (as long as my father hangs on).

My recent sailing has been on lake Champlain between Vermont and New York state, mostly with a scardie Cat crew

Written By: Howard on 09/25/10 at 7:12 am

What's the biggest fish you've catched?

Written By: seamermar on 09/25/10 at 11:51 am

scardy cat crew ... ::) I think I gonna bond to Vermont some day to fly a schooner through pleasant bays and under hilly cliffs.

At least, I gonna post some pics of my Mediterranean wanderings.

Are you up for it, Carlos?  As for your Spanish...keep trying I love it ;)

My dear Howie.. maybe you're gonna see my biggest fish ever. I got a "former picture" you know those old photos in paper  :o

This gonna take a while, but the trip worth the fee.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/25/10 at 8:28 pm

scardy cat crew ... ::) I think I gonna bond to Vermont some day to fly a schooner through pleasant bays and under hilly cliffs.

At least, I gonna post some pics of my Mediterranean wanderings.

Are you up for it, Carlos?  As for your Spanish...keep trying I love it ;)

My dear Howie.. maybe you're gonna see my biggest fish ever. I got a "former picture" you know those old photos in paper  :o

This gonna take a while, but the trip worth the fee.

Well, the Big Dog isn't a schooner, just a sloop, 25, but a nice boat, although I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.  Family obligations will limit use, and make question the expense.  We will see.  But it not my very comfortable 25, I could do with a smaller ( and cheaper) day sailor with a cuddy cabin.

Being in Puerto Rico for a few months every year will certainly help my spanish

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/26/10 at 2:07 am

Paco!  Que Pasa!?!  :D :D

Written By: Howard on 09/26/10 at 7:20 am

ever caught shrimp? ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/26/10 at 8:33 pm

What's the biggest fish you've catched?

Since Paco has yet to answer I'll tell you about my biggest catch - Cat - no no no, you said fish

I was sailing down the east coast as one of a crew of four in a 40 foot ketch.  We started in Long Island Sound, made our way through hells gate, past Riker's Island, into the East River, and finally the Hudson.  Under the Varazzano Narrows bridge and out into the lower bay.  By this time it was dark, maybe around nine, 9:30.  To be sure we got east of the Jersey shore, we put out to sea until we picked up the Ambrose light ship, then headed south.  The skipper and I turned in for a few hours sleep while his wife and the other crew sailed.  They woke us around 2 am to take over the deck.  They threw out a line and secured the poll to the boat.  Dale, the skipper, wasn't feeling well and asked if I could handle the boat on my own.  Well, the wing was steady and light, they gave me a bosum's whistle, and hooked up a life line.  The sky was dark, no moon, but the stars were more brilliant than I had ever seen, the boat was ship shape, and I felt secure.  I sailed till after dawn, alone, me, the sea, the wind, the stars, and I was master of the universe.

But this is about a big fish.  A bit after dawn, Dale, the skipper, Kris, his wife, and Clancy, the other crew, came topside to relieve me.  Someone mentioned the line over the stern and said we should pull it in, so I stared to crank the reel.  After a few easy cranks there was some fight, so I hit the rod, giving it a hard tug upward, then another and another.  Then I started to lean back on the rod, and reel in line as I leaned back.  Dale asked if the line was that heavy, "yeah, but there is no fight, just weight, and I don;t want to break the line, maybe its just sea weed, or flotsam".  "Flotsam HELL yelled Clancy as he looked over the transom, that's one f...n big blue fish.  It was about 3 1/2  or 4 feet, maybe more, its hard to remember since this was many years ago.  We ate that fish fried, stewed, boiled, and even raw until I left the boat in Atlantic City- and there was still left overs- after an inspection by the Coast Guard, but that's another small adventure.

When I got home from this trip, which was with a group of friend, my ex greeted me at the door and said "what's this?  I sent you away one race and you came back another"  I do get dark in the sun.

Written By: seamermar on 09/27/10 at 3:39 pm

Thanks Carlos a good catching story, I was kept in the hook till I read the whole short fish story.

As for me I need some more extra spare time and find an old pic out to add to my tale.

And don't think twice!!,  Cat it's indeed your biggest CATCH before the biggest fish you've ever seen  :D

sorry I was just kidding. ???

Check for new replies or respond here...