inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Opinion on Inthe00s Photo Album

Written By: ADH13 on 09/15/10 at 6:27 pm

I know this is petty... but I couldn't decide what to do when I was cleaning up the photo album.   The photo album was originally meant to be for members, but there are a few ex-members who still have alot of posts around the boards, and people might still want to see who they were.

A separate thread for former member photos is out of the question, Chucky wouldn't like that.  But I could move them to the "Show us" thread.

So I'll go with whatever has the most votes.  8)

Subject: Re: Opinion on Inthe00s Photo Album

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/10 at 9:16 am

I know this is petty... but I couldn't decide what to do when I was cleaning up the photo album.   The photo album was originally meant to be for members, but there are a few ex-members who still have alot of posts around the boards, and people might still want to see who they were.

A separate thread for former member photos is out of the question, Chucky wouldn't like that.  But I could move them to the "Show us" thread.

So I'll go with whatever has the most votes.  8)

I don't understand why Chucky wouldn't like that. To me, that makes the most sense.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/16/10 at 9:46 am

I say leave them in the album.  They still have posts on the board and they could always come back.  And I really enjoyed being able to put a face with a name. 

P.S.  Odyssey, I think the album is such a great idea - props to you for putting it together!!!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/16/10 at 10:31 am

I say leave 'em.

Written By: ADH13 on 09/16/10 at 12:21 pm

I don't understand why Chucky wouldn't like that. To me, that makes the most sense.

Cat

From posts he's made in the past, he doesn't seem to care for any sort of thread that is about former members... although the threads he was referring to were completely different, I'm still not sure he'd want any kind of "former member" thread on here...

Written By: Howard on 09/16/10 at 7:08 pm

You did such a fantastic job on the album. :)

Written By: ADH13 on 09/16/10 at 7:09 pm

You did such a fantastic job on the album. :)

Thank you!!

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/16/10 at 10:38 pm

So let me get this straight: A user posts a link to something they put on the Internet.  They have the option of deleting/modifying their posts before deleting their account and turning themselves back into a guest.  And they still have the option of deleting the image from wherever they hosted it, even after deleting their accounts.

I've got no dog in this fight because I don't participate in the album, but my call is leave 'em up on general principle:  You posted it, and you actually have to delete your own account here to be able to unpost it.  The rest of the Internet is a hell of a lot less forgiving.  I don't see the issue here.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/16/10 at 10:42 pm

So let me get this straight: A user posts a link to something they put on the Internet.  They have the option of deleting/modifying their posts before deleting their account and turning themselves back into a guest.  And they still have the option of deleting the image from wherever they hosted it, even after deleting their accounts.

I've got no dog in this fight because I don't participate in the album, but my call is leave 'em up on general principle:  You posted it, and you actually have to delete your own account here to be able to unpost it.  The rest of the Internet is a hell of a lot less forgiving.  I don't see the issue here.

Foo Bar, join the damn album! 

Written By: ADH13 on 09/16/10 at 11:15 pm

Actually that's not entirely how it worked... Yes, they posted their pics in the "Show Us What You Look Like" thread when they were members... when I created the photo album, I downloaded their pics and reposted them... (they were still members at this time) so the pics are actually from my computer.

I do know the former members, and am positive that they wouldn't mind their picture being in the album at all...  My main question is, do current members have any interest in seeing former members that they probably don't even know... although current members will probably run across old posts of theirs from time to time.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/17/10 at 4:50 pm

leave em. unless it becomes a problem, i wouldn't worry on it. thanks

Written By: wildcard on 09/17/10 at 10:31 pm

Me being a newer member then some of you, I'm sure there's 100's of pictures from members I have no idea who they are.  I'd say that if it's not a problem then just leave it like it is.

Check for new replies or respond here...